Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza (9750 Views)

Buhari's Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara As Permanent Sec. Twice Causes Controversy / Buhari’s Extension Of Jamila Shu’ara Tenure As Permanent Sec. Breeds Crisis / Jamilah Tangaza Declared Wanted By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by agwom(m): 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
The acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu on Monday said the anti-graft agency is searching for former BBC reporter, Jamila Tangaza.

He said the commission is on the lookout for Tangaza, who is being investigated over allegations of financial crimes, following reports that she attempted to jump bail and escape the country.

She is being investigated over alleged financial malfeasance to the tune of about N800 million when she served as the Director of Abuja Geographic Information Systems (AGIS) and Senior Special Assistant to the former Federal Capital Territory Minister (FCT), Bala Mohammed.

In an interview in Abuja yesterday, Magu said although he could not confirm she was caught trying to leave the country, because the EFCC had not received formal notification from the Nigeria Immigration Service.

However, He said the Commission is on the lookout for her as attempts to reach her mobile phone numbers had been unsuccessful.

He also said Tangaza is on administrative bail and as such if she jumps bail is committing another crime, noting that her surety who stood for her bail has been summoned by the EFCC.

He also pointed out that the EFCC has furnished other enforcement agencies; the Customs, Immigration Service, DSS and other International policing organizations like Interpol and FBI a list of people being investigated and prosecuted by the agency.

He added that no matter where such persons run to they would still be within the grasp of the anti-graft agency.

Magu also said a former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Bala Mohammed is still in custody at the EFCC detention Facility, whilst a former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode is in good health, contrary to some media reports.

He said the EFCC investigators are still questioning former FCT Minister Bala Mohammed to explain several allegations of corruption leveled against him, noting that the interrogators are not done with him.

He said the EFCC is investigating alleged misappropriation of the Internally Generated Revenue of the FCT Administration under Bala Mohammed.

He added that there are alleged scams in the land allocation regime and contract/ procurement procedure while he was FCT Minister.

Magu described reports that Femi Fani-Kayode is very sick as untrue, noting that he was hale and hearty at the EFCC detention facility in Abuja.

Daily Trust also gathered that Abati is still in detention and has been unable to explain how he distributed funds received from the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) to journalists.

It was learnt that Abati admitted receiving N50 million from the ONSA under Sambo Dasuki, and also said the money was distributed as Christmas and Sallah gifts to journalists while he was spokesman of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/efcc-in-search-of-former-agis-director-jamila-tangaza/168571.html#ivoyjgSeksdEdQif.99

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by zubby55(m): 8:45am On Oct 26, 2016
Ok ooooo

1 Like

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by ZN2: 8:46am On Oct 26, 2016
More Corruption Cases Everyday.

Check my signature if you wish to promote your Business. . .

1 Like

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by lifezone247(m): 8:46am On Oct 26, 2016
He is in the other room.

1 Like

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 26, 2016
Wat all dix
Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by PoliticalThuG(m): 8:47am On Oct 26, 2016
Noise Makers!
Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Built2last: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2016
The dullest and most foolish secret serrvice in the world is DSS.

they do not have the word ''CLASSIFIED'' in their operations

You announce you are looking for me on media. will that not allow me hide almost all evidence before you arrive.

will i not go to bank, withdraw all monies and close the accounts.

you arrested 5 judges and told us you have 8 more on your watch list. will that not make all judges square up and hide evidence in their villages.

I am tired of media trials. you have not been able to convict any serious thief because you dont work well on intel and gather evidence.

i tire abeg

6 Likes

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by bilulu(m): 8:48am On Oct 26, 2016
Everything na media

1 Like

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by SurePresident: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2016
EFCC and endless search be like

2 Likes

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Judolisco(m): 8:48am On Oct 26, 2016
Search, arrests, spoil name with reputation yet no conviction

1 Like

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Vicadonis(m): 8:48am On Oct 26, 2016
They are looking for everybody. Yet to convict 1
Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Alexander001(m): 8:49am On Oct 26, 2016
Even if you are as ugly as masquerade, as far as you have money, women would find something beautiful in you like; Wow! He has a nice finger print Wow! He has a cute shadow Wow! His stretch mark is matured

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by ajoskele(m): 8:49am On Oct 26, 2016
What a man can do...

A woman can do worse!!
Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Nellybank(m): 8:49am On Oct 26, 2016
God pls help me answer these 3 questions:
1. When and where was alll this money shared?
2. Where was I when these monies were shared?
3. Will you ever forget me when the next batch will be shared?
Meanwhile Front page things

1 Like

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by muri4mig(m): 8:50am On Oct 26, 2016
hmmmm.just waiting for the wailers to come forward with their wailing skills as usual.
Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Pavore9: 8:50am On Oct 26, 2016
"It was learnt that Abati admitted receiving N50 million from the ONSA under Sambo Dasuki, and also said the money was distributed as Christmas and Sallah gifts to journalists while he was spokesman of former President Goodluck Jonathan.".... cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by ezechueze(m): 8:50am On Oct 26, 2016
What happened to the ones that have been found
Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by holluphemydavid(m): 8:54am On Oct 26, 2016
We af tayad with all dis empty promises without action, we will all d time
Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Neimar: 8:55am On Oct 26, 2016
bullhari republic
Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by eddyfrosh: 8:56am On Oct 26, 2016
we just keep hearing huge amount of money everyday, yet d ppl accused of embezzlement are yet to be taken to court, money dat has been recovered so far na God knw where e dey.......may God save d country
Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Goke7: 8:57am On Oct 26, 2016
Pavore9:
"It was learnt that Abati admitted receiving N50 million from the ONSA under Sambo Dasuki, and also said the money was distributed as Christmas and Sallah gifts to journalists while he was spokesman of former President Goodluck Jonathan.".... cheesy cheesy cheesy

so the demons and witches in aso rock possessed abati to the point that he started sharing Christmas and sallah gifts ba? grin

issorite, please tell abati that am coming for my own Christmas gift when he finally comes out of detention grin

5 Likes

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by nonjebose(m): 8:58am On Oct 26, 2016
Sleaze all over the land. Hope they can cope with the cases. Prosecution has been a herculean task in the face of compromised judiciary

2 Likes

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by saintmark88(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2016
I see real purging of d system, y r pple turning down govt appointments, have u asked urself??. They know its not business as usual

2 Likes

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by RentALodge: 9:04am On Oct 26, 2016
When will EFCC arrest Patience Jonathan, the worst of all first ladies, the greatest former female comedian in power?

**If you are a student and you would like to work for RentALodge as a RentALodge contact in your school, see the signature for address. We are recruiting for all schools in Nigeria.**
Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 26, 2016
This woman, a northerner, was somehow able to escape EFCC's holding cell. but those who have been granted bail numerously by competent courts of law are always immediately rearrested and denied bail.
Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 26, 2016
Ultimate search
Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Abuzed1(m): 9:07am On Oct 26, 2016
agwom:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/efcc-in-search-of-former-agis-director-jamila-tangaza/168571.html#ivoyjgSeksdEdQif.99
if one of the accused were ipob u could have d nairawailers (ipob) defendn them n insultn d president... I no blame them sha thy r ethnically brought up that they dnt knw what is right or wrong...

2 Likes

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 26, 2016
I hope EFCC wont recant this when the woman appears from his backyard.
Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Pavore9: 9:11am On Oct 26, 2016
Goke7:

so the demons and witches in aso rock possessed abati to the point that he started sharing Christmas and sallah gifts ba? grin

issorite, please tell abati that am coming for my own Christmas gift when he finally comes out of detention grin

Im eye go red by then, so no go near! cheesy

1 Like

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by alaskido(m): 9:12am On Oct 26, 2016
One day EFCC will look for bus and taxi drivers, pepper sellers in the market and okada riders grin grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC In Search Of Jamila Tangaza by Funlordjnr: 9:12am On Oct 26, 2016
She no get house or office? Which kind search be dis?

Or maybe she is one of the magical government spirits abati was referring to?
undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soldier In Warri: I Will Bleep Your Mother Raw Without Condom, She Will Get HIV / Abia Central: He Remains Our Senator - Labour Party Rejects Nwokocha's Sack / Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.