Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:17 PM

Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu (7980 Views)

Igbo Marginalisation is a Big lie and just a Propaganda. / Yoruba, Hausa In Enugu Decry Marginalisation / Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 3:59am On Oct 26, 2009
Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu
By Emmanuel Nzomiwu,Reporter, Enugu

Yoruba community in Enugu State has cried out over what it described as total neglect and marginalisation by the present Enugu State government led by Sullivan Chime.
The aggrieved members of Yoruba community, who made their feelings public through their leader, Mr. Ade Johnson Adeyelu, regretted that the group which was formed in 1990 and registered under then Anambra State Government had never before now experienced marginalisation in the state.
Adeyelu said that his people voted for state government during the last general election and wondered why Chime’s government has since inception not cared for their welfare.
His words: “We have passed through series of military governors and military administrators down the line to the civilian governors.
“Over these years, we have enjoyed some sort of patronage from the government, patronage in the sense that some Yorubas then were given the opportunity to be members of the Muslim Welfare Board. As a result of that they were given one or two slots to participate in Hajj Operations in Medina.  From that 1990, down to when Chimaroke became governor, we still enjoyed the slots that were given to the Yoruba community in Enugu.
“There is no doubt we are facing a lot of problems in this state. We have not benefited anything from the present administration in Enugu State. We as a community we have participated in almost all the activities of the state. The last straw that broke the camel’s back was the present Hajj operation, which we recommended people to participate. But up till now, there is no single Yoruba man that belongs to the Yoruba community that was given any slot to participate in the Hajj operation.”
Adeyelu recalled that since governor Chime came on board, he had written about five letters seeking for audience with him, to let his government know the problems of the Yoruba community but unfortunately none of the letters was replied. 
He also expressed disappointment that Chime does not care and had not asked leaders of non-indigenes in his state the problems their various groups are facing in the state, just as he regretted that the immediate past administration cancelled the allocation of land given to the Yoruba community to build its secretariat by the former military governor of the state, Navy Captain Mike Agbaje.       
The secretariat, he said, would have served as a centre where the Yoruba cultural heritage would have been sold to the people, adding that all the promises of re-allocation of another land to the community made by the past administration, did not yield fruitful dividend until its tenure expired in 2007.
Besides, Adeyelu advised all members of the Yoruba community in the state to remain calm, law abiding and loyal not only to their host state but to the Federal Government as there is still hope for a better tomorrow for them.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 4:01am On Oct 26, 2009
Nobody would think that there is a Yoruba community in Enugu. When things were rosy (as they have attested) they did not go to the press to say that Enugu people were treating them well. Now that the present government is not concerned about them, the have hit the press. How are Igbos treated by the govts of Yoruba states?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 4:02am On Oct 26, 2009
Navy Captain Mike Agbaje, a Yoruba, gave out Enugu land to his people. Did they pay for it?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 4:06am On Oct 26, 2009
These people should hustle and compete like Igbos outside Igboland are doing and stop looking for hand-out from Enugu government.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by udezue(m): 4:20am On Oct 26, 2009
Please on what planet do these people exist? I don't think Enugu state na Salvation army and if they want land they should dip their hands n their wallets and pay for it.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by mekuslogan: 12:57am On Oct 27, 2009
Lagos does not give anything for free; if anything they demolish what you have in the name of beautification. Why should Enugu give anyone (Igbo, Yorubam Hausa, Ijaw) land for free? If you need land, pay for it.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nchara: 1:08am On Oct 27, 2009
What is not good for the goose is also not good for the gander.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 1:17am On Oct 27, 2009
I don't understand the problem, they want free land? undecided The Paradox of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nchara: 1:30am On Oct 27, 2009
Buncha cry cry babies buhahahaha!
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Eziachi: 1:36am On Oct 27, 2009
Assuming it’s accurate, from what I heard, When Gov Chime came to power he stopped the use of public money in for funding any religious pilgrimage be it Christian or Moslem for any person or group. Every religious obligation is a private matter, so any Moslem that want to go to Mecca should be able to afford it.  That had been the case for many Igbo Christians for years going to Rome or Israel, even though those of Moslem stock get sponsored by government with public fund.

As for land allocation, I think it’s matter of cultural differences of understanding of issues,  In Igboland if you want to build anything, you will go out and buy the land, that include governments. I am sure that is why Gov Chime/Nnamani refused to provide the land or had revoked the one given out by a past unelected military governor.  They should emulate what Igbos does outside Igboland, especially in Lagos. They will go out and purchase a land to built their town union civic centers and will never ask for government to give them a free land. Sometimes they will even buy an old house and knock it down to build their intended project if they can‘t find a suitable fallow land to purchase.  That was exactly what my town Union did both in Lagos and in Kano costing them millions of Naira. Though living in England my own levy contribution toward it was about N25k.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by sjeezy8: 2:00am On Oct 27, 2009
yes indeed bunch of cry babies

these Yorubas should leave enugu( what is even there sef?) and the igbos crying they're marginalized in West(including las giddi) should go back to the East. simple

Lagos is no more the capital of Nigeria
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nchara: 2:10am On Oct 27, 2009
sjeezy8:

yes indeed bunch of cry babies

these Yorubas should leave enugu( what is even there sef?) and the igbos crying they're marginalized in West(including las giddi) should go back to the East. simple

Lagos is no more the capital of Nigeria

What is even there sef? Ask the millions of Yoruba and hausa who are there
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by sjeezy8: 2:13am On Oct 27, 2009
lol millions more like thousands IF THAT?
are you foreal, like seriously,

but yea i dont feel for these yoruba folks. no reasonable person would leave the west to venture in the East.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nchara: 3:32am On Oct 27, 2009
^^^^^^
I guess you have not been to the East:

Actually, the once respectable Yoruba race have gradually graduated into beggars as a culture. Na so so babi anla, almajiri na him dey dey produce these days. They should not come here to beg; Igbos in Lagos work hard and do not beg for free things. If they do not have money for land, they should get some from their brother Bode George. He still has billions of our money.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by sjeezy8: 3:39am On Oct 27, 2009
^^^^^^ lol who regards the yoruba race as being less respected and beggars beside the jealous and envious tribes that exist ONLY IN NIGERIA.
The other tribes in Nigeria simply dont matter, yorubas dont take time out to analyze and label other, cause they're simply not important.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by udezue(m): 3:40am On Oct 27, 2009
Buncha lazy dunces roaming the Coal City. Na who tell them Alaye na part of our culture? Free land? Dem dey drink too much palmi grin

Sjeezy,
What's in Enugu?? hhhmmm I guess nothing. Right? So tell me what is attracting the mighty Yoruba ppl  ;Dto Enugu begging for government funds and free land for religious reasons when Easterners do it big in the West without begging for a penny? Check em man cheesy
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by sjeezy8: 3:43am On Oct 27, 2009
lol you're right nothing is in enugu that would make a reasonable person go and live there
Maybe some kitten thats it(you know how yorubas are they love kitten from all types of tribe)

fuckin young ladies esp igbo babes
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by udezue(m): 3:48am On Oct 27, 2009
Including the women too? I guess lesbianism is an important aspect of Yoruba life and culture coz I'm not sure na only Yoruba men I've seen in Enugu (the state with nothing according to some ignoramus). The chick that lived with us for free musta been in Enugu looking for kitten not education at a college right opposite our house. ooopssss she had us fooled. Millions of Yoruba women in the East are actually lesbians.

U just proved to me u are dumbass and can't even think b4 saying something. Isi ede

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 3:50am On Oct 27, 2009
who are these millions of Yoruba women in the east?

Did you hit the akpeteshie again?
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by sjeezy8: 3:55am On Oct 27, 2009
@Udeuze
ok what does that matter? lol

Dont worry I will marry a igbo babe and impregnate three other ones just for you. wink
All of my offspring will be "yoruba" in no time there will be no other tribes left. lol grin
I love sex esp with chicks who arent yoruba its exotic, different, i feel alittle domineering as well
its like a black man with a big d/i/c/k fuckin a little white girl - igbo babes i love them i no lie
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 4:40am On Oct 27, 2009
udezue:

Including the women too? I guess lesbianism is an important aspect of Yoruba life and culture coz I'm not sure na only Yoruba men I've seen in Enugu (the state with nothing according to some ignoramus). The chick that lived with us for free musta been in Enugu looking for kitten not education at a college right opposite our house. ooopssss she had us fooled. Millions of Yoruba women in the East are actually lesbians.

U just proved to me u are dumbass and can't even think b4 saying something. Isi ede

grin

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 4:42am On Oct 27, 2009
tpia.:

who are these millions of Yoruba women in the east?

Did you hit the akpeteshie again?

Ijaw are not Yoruba again? See map. grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 27, 2009
ezeagu:

Ijaw are not Yoruba again? See map. grin

are you on ogogoro as well?

are Ijaws not Igbo, or do you want to stretch the definition of Ijaw because you want to build up some imaginary millions of Igbo based Yorubas.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 4:53am On Oct 27, 2009
tpia.:

are you on ogogoro as well?

are Ijaws not Igbo, or do you want to stretch the definition of Ijaw because you want to build up some imaginary millions of Igbo based Yorubas.

Oh, so Yoruba is not claiming Ijaw again? Or I though the Ijaw 'descended from oduduwa', which is miraculous in the way their ancestors had tip toed round Igbo land. Abeg their Yoruba. grin
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Nobody: 4:54am On Oct 27, 2009
ezeagu:

Oh, so Yoruba is not claiming Ijaw again? Or I though the Ijaw 'descended from oduduwa', which is miraculous in the way their ancestors had tip toed round Igbo land. Abeg their Yoruba. grin

if you have a question for becomrich, then start a thread.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 4:57am On Oct 27, 2009
tpia.:

if you have a question for becomrich, then start a thread.

Yoruba people are in Igboland, or are you now trying to tell me that the Hausa travel more than you guys?
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by udezue(m): 10:58am On Oct 27, 2009
lol^^^ ;d
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Ileya: 7:01pm On Feb 18, 2012
mekuslogan:

Lagos does not give anything for free; if anything they demolish what you have in the name of beautification. Why should Enugu give anyone (Igbo, Yorubam Hausa, Ijaw) land for free? If you need land, pay for it.

Mekuslogan, that is an interesting spelling you have in your post, Yoruba[b]m[/b]. Is this the same as Yoruba. Where does that final 'M' originate from?

Thx.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by ikeyman00(m): 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2012
@@@@

this is what me personally like about the igbos

they are the most accommodating people in the country

wish they could give me free land
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by OneNaira6: 12:02am On Feb 19, 2012
What is the marginalization? Why not just buy the land? mscheww make we hear word abeg.

Are Igbo in lagos asking for free land? dem buy am with their own money, do the same and stop expecting everything for free.
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Dainfamous: 12:28am On Feb 19, 2012
hahahahaha Yoruba people the way they think sometimes i wonder,nothing is for free igbo people don't get free land for their side so why are they expecting free land in igboland i dey laugh cheesy
Re: Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu by Dainfamous: 12:28am On Feb 19, 2012
ikeyman00:

@@@@

this is what me personally like about the igbos

they are the most accommodating people in the country

wish they could give me free land
accommodating? you only wish cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fg Pegs Carrying Capacity Of 9 New Varsities At 500 Students / Irresponsible Journalism: Who Would Call The Tribune To Order / Senator Wants Amnesty For Treasury Looters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.