Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:13 AM

Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) (33765 Views)

65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) / Man Celebrates His Great Grandmother Who Is 100plus, Still Walks, Sees & Hears / Nigerian Grandmother Shows Off Her Swags In New Photos. See What She Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by chie8: 7:43am On Oct 26, 2016
Uzoma Okwumo, one of the lovely grandkids of a Nigerian/Ghanaian grandma shared the beautiful photos and lovely story of how they plan to celebrate their grandma who will be turning 78 next month......

'My grandmother is turning 78 years old next month. Earlier this year, she fell really sick, and once she recovered, it made us realize that as many memories as we had with her,we haven’t done anything recently to honor her nor did we have a nice picture to remember her by. She is afterall the only
living grandparent that we have left on this earth.One night as I was sleeping, I woke up with this vivid vision of a way to honor her. You see, my grandmother is half Ghanaian and half Nigerian. I figured since she has 4 generations of her extension
existing on this earth, why not show her just how blessed she has been and just how much we appreciate her for being the rock of our family. We would dress up in traditional Ghanaian Kente cloths and Traditional Nigerian (Igbo) George and do a photoshoot which will be framed and presented to her on her birthday on November 26th. It was a lot
of hard work planning it and finally executing
it, but we pulled it off.

Through these pictures, we were able to capture Herself, One of her Daughters, Her Grandkids, and her Great Grandkids. We intentionally did not include the husbands and the dads in the pictures because 1.
They’re not too fond of pictures, and 2. We wanted to keep it to my grandmother and her direct extensions. We blessed her with a one of a kind, original photo shoot that hasn’t been done before.The photographer that captured these images was so patient and amazing, and we want to show our appreciation as well by getting her as much visibility for her business as possible. Please help us honor our Grandmother Helen Ama Tarigbo as we pay homage to our Nigerian/Ghanaian roots,and also recognize our photographer.Thank you so much for your assistance! We appreciate you and HOPE to hear from you'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/we-appreciate-you-for-being-rock-of-our.html?m=1

10 Likes

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by chie8: 7:43am On Oct 26, 2016

1 Share

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by chie8: 7:43am On Oct 26, 2016
chie8:
More
more

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by chie8: 7:46am On Oct 26, 2016
More

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by rabex123(m): 7:47am On Oct 26, 2016
Oh God..give me the ability to take care of my grand ma..
I just love grand mothers..

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by opeyemiieblog(m): 7:49am On Oct 26, 2016
sweet family

3 Likes

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by Smellymouth: 7:53am On Oct 26, 2016
Lovely..

3 Likes

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by nikkypearl(f): 7:54am On Oct 26, 2016
See fine oyinbo boy wink grin

Good morning to every posters here....

Click like jeje and waka pass embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by xendra: 7:55am On Oct 26, 2016
That fat guy looks like falz if he was fat.

23 Likes

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by MzMercie: 11:23am On Oct 26, 2016
Lovely pics

2 Likes

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by right0100: 11:23am On Oct 26, 2016
This is beautiful

2 Likes

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 26, 2016
Igbos are indeed doing very well grin

That guy is huge and muscular grin

4 Likes

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by veekid(m): 11:23am On Oct 26, 2016
I wish and pray for this one day

2 Likes

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by justi4jesu(f): 11:23am On Oct 26, 2016
Cuties kiss kiss
Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by seunlayi(m): 11:24am On Oct 26, 2016
this is impressive

2 Likes

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by steppin: 11:24am On Oct 26, 2016
Nawa o! This one na family of fatties.
See as the ladies arms big like yam for new yam festival.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by AreaFada2: 11:24am On Oct 26, 2016
Very nice.

1 Like

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:25am On Oct 26, 2016
Nice
Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by ibroh22(m): 11:25am On Oct 26, 2016
nice but confusing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by Pidggin(f): 11:25am On Oct 26, 2016
She has lived a fulfilled life

1 Like

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by Mallamjp(m): 11:26am On Oct 26, 2016
Nice one
Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by robosky02(m): 11:27am On Oct 26, 2016
woooooooooooooooow this is bautifull :Dwoooooooooooooooow this is bautifull

1 Like

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by ezechueze(m): 11:27am On Oct 26, 2016
Life is good with LG ELECTRONICS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by cyojunior1(m): 11:27am On Oct 26, 2016
Lovely
Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by LastSurvivor: 11:29am On Oct 26, 2016
Some don't even know their own mum while others have both mum n grandmum..
Partiality of life..

Beautiful family thou..

2 Likes

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by YourNemesis: 11:30am On Oct 26, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4402533_20161026071710_jpeg15502a24e20518d6f6c481acc74fe855

This picture makes me sad....
Now her grandchildren are mixed with a foreign race, and might never get to fully understand what it means to be fully African

Anyways. Thank God for the life of their beautiful Nigeria/Ghana Grandma.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by amtalkin(f): 11:31am On Oct 26, 2016
I pray i will be celebrated like this one day.

[size=14pt]Amen[/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by YonkijiSappo: 11:39am On Oct 26, 2016
chie8:

existing on this earth, why not show her just how blessed she has been and just how much we appreciate her for being the rock of our family. We would dress up in traditional Ghanaian Kente cloths and Traditional Nigerian (Igbo) George and do a photoshoot which will be framed and presented to her on her birthday on November 26th. It was a lot
of hard work planning it and finally executing
it, but we pulled it off.

Why is a so called traditional cloth called "George" ?
Ever wondered what it will sound like if someone lists a George as a traditional wear of Africans to say a European? cheesy
Sorry, but pardon my inquisitiveness.

2 Likes

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by pretydiva(f): 11:40am On Oct 26, 2016
I pray to celebrate my mom/father in dis manner. God pls bless dem wit long life. Amen

1 Like

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by iamord(m): 11:42am On Oct 26, 2016
YourNemesis:

This picture makes me sad....
Now her grandchildren are mixed with a foreign race, and might never get to fully understand what it means to be fully African

Anyways. Thank God for the life of their beautiful Nigeria/Ghana Grandma.
BS! jUst shut up!

4 Likes

Re: Grandchildren Honour Their Grandmother Who Will Be 78 Years Next Month (pics) by Seun4FastLoans(f): 11:42am On Oct 26, 2016
Aww!
This is so touching. I hope they also show her this link (all the links online) and they should also tell her that everybody is talking about her in the whole world grin ... happy family with love

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Doctor Couple Die As Fire Razes Home In Maiduguri (Photos) / Like Will Smith, Would You Consider an Open Marriage? / Nigerian Mum Flown To US, Finds Her Daughter Pregnant After 10 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.