Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,422 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu (2289 Views)

150 Nigerians Killed In Cross River Communal Clash / Senate President Saraki Finally Reacts To Sen. Tinubu & Melaye Saga / PHOTO: Lagos Reps Member Visits Sen Tinubu After Verbal War With Dino Malaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by kcnwaigbo: 1:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
Grazing bill antidote to communal clashes – Sen. Tinubu

On October 26, 2016-

The Chairman, Senate Committee on Environment, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, yesterday, reiterated the Senate’s determination to review necessary laws to ensure safety of the environment. The Parliamentarian said the successful passage of the grazing areas establishment management bill 2016 would reduce grazing and communal clashes in the country. She said communal clashes among pastoral farmers and Fulani herdsmen were something of great concern to the Senate, thus need to ensure passage of the bill into law.

Senator Tinubu, who was speaking at a Public Policy Forum on Desertification and Deforestation organized by the European Union (EU), in Abuja, identified desertification and deforestation as major causes of crisis in the country.oluremi She said about 351, 000 hectares of land are lost to desertification annually, thereby causing problem for herdsmen who needed to feed their cattle daily. According to her, desert encroachment and tree logging should be addressed holistically for survival of rural communities who are predominantly farmers. Tinubu said: “We must discourage tree logging, bush burning and monoculture. We must emphasize education and awareness on impact of deforestation. Inability to cultivate crops does mean they won’t be able to take care of their family.

This would lead to poverty and famine. It can also lead to migration, clashes and eventually, loss of lives. “The senate will review necessary laws to ensure safety of the environment. The grazing areas establishment management bill 2016 has gone through the second reading. If passed, it will reduce grazing crisis and communal clashes in the country.” In her remarks, the Minister of Environment, Hajia Amina Mohammed described deforestation and climate change as a major challenge confronting the country, saying about 1.5 million trees were being fell daily. “That’s more like shaving Nigerians head. It is not that someone just cut the trees but they do it for exports,” Mohammed said. However, she disclosed that the Federal Government has initiated plans to recover some of the lost lands towards restoring the environment. She identified such intervention programme to include the Great Greenwall Initiative where trees are being planted across the 11 frontline states, adoption of the clean cook stoves by rural communities, discouraging urban homes from the use of firewood to cooking gas. “There is more to climate change and deforestration. There is need to get people knowledgeable about the causes and impacts of climate change. It does not mean we have the solutions but we have the collective responsibilities to reduce the impact of climate change,” she added.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/grazing-bill-antidote-communal-clashes-sen-tinubu/
Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by kcnwaigbo: 1:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
The grazing areas establishment management bill 2016 has gone through the second reading.

seriously when did this happen?I hope I read right? The last time this issue came up we were told that there was no grazing bill in the senate.I hope Mrs Afonja is not cooking up something funny

3 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by ChessEnthusiast: 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
I hope the grazing areas would be domiciled in the North. Only god knows who has cursed these our southern senators who would do anything to suck on the balls of their aboki counterparts. Pity.

4 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by Bujumbura(m): 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2016
Please Sir Abokii kindly release us from this bondage you have put us into. Even our southern senators are mad

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by kcnwaigbo: 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:
I hope the grazing areas would be domiciled in the North. Only god knows who has cursed these our southern senators who would do anything to suck on the balls of their aboki counterparts. Pity.

I am not even aware it was debated on the floor of the current senate

2 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by ImperialYoruba: 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:

In the context, grazing area is different from grazing reserve.

Grazing reserve would be what government planned using domiciliary power to ilegally acquire right of access for a ethnic group to conduct commercial business on federal subsidy.

Grazing area is still a reserve but a contract negotation between a land owning party and a buyer for use of raising, storing, feeding and distributing livestock.

We live in the tropics. You cannot eradicate livestock and they must feed. There is nothing sellout or unpatriotic in the modified bill. The old one on fg subsidy was horrible.

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by TheFreeOne: 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
The grazing areas establishment management bill 2016 has gone through the second reading. If passed, it will reduce grazing crisis and communal clashes in the country.
Is that a joke or what

I don't want to say "like husband like wife"...betrayers.

No I wont say it because of the If in her statement grin
Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by SharkTank(m): 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
It should be built in Lagos. TINUBU family trying hard to appease bubu

3 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by Olabestonic001(m): 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2016
I hope this is some kind of joke otherwise, war is brewing if someone thinks they can use some laws to steal lands.

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by Blue3k(m): 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
Look at the guy talking crazy. He needs to go take swim in the Atlantic with cement shows and anchor necklace.

We Need To Enforce Property Rights and arrest these vandal herdsmen and cattle rustlers. The herdsmen need to start branding their cattle then we can have database for brands like trademarks.

They are private businessmen let them buy the land they want. If states want to sell that's up to the states concerned.

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by BornStunner1: 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
YOU LIE WOMAN!!!

COME ON GUYS WE ALL KNOW WHERE SHE BELONGS!!

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by DabuIIIT: 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
SharkTank:
It should be built in Lagos. TINUBU family trying hard to appease bubu
exactly my thoughts.. Tinubu knows hes a more or less now a persona non grata b4 buhari,so hes willing to do anything to appease him..
Afonja will still shout sai tinubu...on empty stomachs and dry pockets..

kcnwaigbo:

I am not even aware it was debated on the floor of the current senate
same way they read and passed 3% vat revenue allocation to the ne and kano/plateau states..the country is in bondage

2 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by fitzmayowa: 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
The grazing areas establishment management bill 2016 has gone through the second reading. If passed, it will reduce grazing crisis and communal clashes in the country .

There should be nothing like grazing bill in the first place, rearing of livestock is a personal business and should be treated as such, if you want to rear cattle (that the fulani's sell to make millions) you should simply buy a ranch to rear them on and not in the process of doing your business hurt another businessman (the farmers)...

If we have a grazing bill no matter how enticing or modified it looks we should also have a "poultry bill" for those that deal with birds, we should also have "shop bill" that will favour majority of igbo's who rent/buy their shops for business, while at it we should also have "farm bill" for farmers...

Unless the nigerian law makers are saying the fulani herdsmen are gods and should be treated differently from others all in the name of peace, when they are doing their personal business (which is cattle rearing)...SMH

3 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by ChessEnthusiast: 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
ImperialYoruba:

In the context, grazing area is different from grazing reserve.

Grazing reserve would be what government planned using domiciliary power to ilegally acquire right of access for a ethnic group to conduct commercial business on federal subsidy.

Grazing area is still a reserve but a contract negotation between a land owning party and a buyer for use of raising, storing, feeding and distributing livestock.

We live in the tropics. You cannot eradicate livestock and they must feed. There is nothing sellout or unpatriotic in the modified bill. The old one on fg subsidy was horrible.
Reserve o, area o, let it be in the North. All the lands in the north and the ones in enugu and abia can be used as grazing areas. I don't care. I don't want them in Yoruba land. It's as simple as that. And if the Islamic caliphate sympathizers like you want it, then you can donate your father's land for grazing. I could care less.

2 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by ChessEnthusiast: 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
fitzmayowa:

There should be nothing like grazing bill in the first place, rearing of livestock is a personal business and should be treated as such
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by DabuIIIT: 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:

Reserve o, area o, let it be in the North. All the lands in the north and the ones in enugu and abia can be used as grazing areas. I don't care. I don't want them in Yoruba land. It's as simple as that. And if the Islamic caliphate sympathizers like you want it, then you can donate your father's land for grazing. I could care less.
pls this isnt a childs play,dont include enugu and abia,is tinubu from the se? Whats wrong with you? We are talking about how this evil incursion into the south,being buttressed by ur own tinubu,here you are pointing fingers at enugu and abia! angry
with ppl like u,the south is doomed.
Op,tinubu is speaking for himself and not for the ppl.

3 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by ChessEnthusiast: 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
DabuIIIT:

exactly my thoughts.. Tinubu knows hes a more or less now a persona non grata b4 buhari,so hes willing to do anything to appease him..
Afonja will still shout sai tinubu...on empty stomachs and dry pockets..

same way they read and passed 3% vat revenue allocation to the ne and kano/plateau states..the country is in bondage
And what were your pot bellied senators from the SE/SS doing? Were they in coma when the bill was passed. The same senators who couldn't support "the no man's land" to be granted a special status but went ahead to support 3 Percent VAT for the unproductive NE. I understand, you would support anything if you know it will spite the Yoruba. FYI: we don't give a fvck. As you could observe, Lagos wasn't granted a special status. We're not crying and whining like crybabies that you are. We have moved on.
So, stop blaming all your self induced failures on the Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by DabuIIIT: 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:

And what were your pot bellied senators from the SE/SS doing? Were they in coma when the bill was passed. The same senators who couldn't support "the no man's land" to be granted a special status but went ahead to support 3 Percent VAT for the unproductive NE. I understand, you would support anything if you know it will spite the Yoruba. FYI: we don't give a fvck. As you could observe, Lagos wasn't granted a special status. We're not crying and whining like crybabies that you are. We have moved on.
So, stop blaming all your self induced failures on the Yoruba
laMENTALtions

u are ignorant of the modes and methods of nigeria politics.. That bill favoured the ne nw and nc and north is in majority in the nass. If only u had availed yourself with even primary education when you were a kid,you would have understood that....and we are ss and se aint the ones crying and calling for southern unity,we are doing just fine on our own..you should continue your copulating romance with ur mallam masters,thank you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by DabuIIIT: 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:

southwest senators,you meant to say..correct yourself

2 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by ChessEnthusiast: 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2016
DabuIIIT:

laMENTALtions

u are ignorant of the modes and methods of nigeria politics.. That bill favoured the ne nw and nc and north is in majority in the nass. If only u had availed yourself with even primary education when you were a kid,you would have understood that....and we are ss and se aint the ones crying and calling for southern unity,we are doing just fine on our own..you should continue your copulating romance with ur mallam masters,thank you.
Abeg sharrrap jare. Much ado about a phantom southern unity. you dummies just go about romancing your ego. Who mentioned anything about a non existent unity. today alone, I've seen two threads created by ibos that they won't go into any alliance. Last time I checked no one is courting you. I haven't even heard any Yoruba leader made reference to you or SS. you just go about running amok and disturbing everywhere with southern unity. unity with an irrelevant shitigbos of all tribes. You attach so much importance to yourself. You blame all your failures on the Yoruba. What are your senators doing? just earning fat salaries and supporting anything pro north. you think you're spiting the Yoruba when we know who wkll still come here to cry and whine about northerners dominating and taking everything. Of course, we all know that all your senators are pro north. they know the alaibo is deficient in resources and cannot survive without attaching themselves to the SS.
You lots are shameless that you hardly made any post or thread with the attachee by force.

When a SS person writes, he or she writes SS, but for you the inferiors, you cannot but write "SE/SS". "SE/SS will not do this, SE/SS will not accept that". Make una try stand alone sef. But shame no gree una be cause of your resourcesless 5 states

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by QuotaSystem: 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
Bujumbura:
Please Sir Abokii kindly release us from this bondage you have put us into. Even our southern senators are mad

This was actually funny grin

@ post: Fayose is busy fooling himself in his state while a federal bill on grazing is loading fast. Soon the activities of his hungry brigade will become illegal once the federal bill becomes a federal law.

You shout, while the North acts. Politics is all about promoting interests.
Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by Pavore9: 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
About 80% of the Nation's landmass is in the North, so let that huge landmass sort them out.

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by Blue3k(m): 3:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
Pavore9:
About 80% of the Nation's landmass is in the North, so let that huge landmass sort them out.

GBTYO:
The economic exigency of fulani expansion down south arrives from two main evolving factors;

1. Desertification and irregular rain patterns up north has forced the fulanis to move further south. Their expansion down south is made possible due to the ongoing deforestation of tropical forests that once acted as natural barriers to cattle grazing due to the prevalence of Tse-tse fly. With deforestation, once forbidden lands are now looking favourable to grazing.

2. The south's economic advantage puts us as the largest and most profitable market for the Fulani cow breeder. The land down south with its adequate rainfall and now deforested tropical rainforest, has transformed th south to both a adequate breeding ground for cattle and the more prosperous southerners provide a ready and proximity to a more profitable market.

In th light above, the respective southern governors must as a matter of urgency start encouraging cattle ranching among their people.

[size=18pt]Every incentive that will promote cow rearing in the south by southerners must be encouraged. This will not only provide employment but also get rid of the pesky fulani. [/size]

The state govt should also look at regulating cow rearing and ensure in the nearest future strict legislation are passed guiding the consumption and retailing of fit ranch reared animals and ban the TB infested fulani cows from the butcher's stand.

Rather than carving out southern lands for fulani illiterates as suggested by the afonja OP which happens to be be same line towed by the aggitators of grazing bill, the south must take advantage of the new opportunity offered by deforestation (down south) and Desertification (up north ).

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by QuotaSystem: 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:

Abeg sharrrap jare. Much ado about a phantom southern unity. you dummies just go about romancing your ego. Who mentioned anything about a non existent unity. today alone, I've seen two threads created by ibos that they won't go into any alliance. Last time I checked no one is courting you. I haven't even heard any Yoruba leader made reference to you or SS. you just go about running amok and disturbing everywhere with southern unity. unity with an irrelevant shitigbos of all tribes. You attach so much importance to yourself. You blame all your failures on the Yoruba. What are your senators doing? just earning fat salaries and supporting anything pro north. you think you're spiting the Yoruba when we know who wkll still come here to cry and whine about northerners dominating and taking everything. Of course, we all know that all your senators are pro north. they know the alaibo is deficient in resources and cannot survive without attaching themselves to the SS.
You lots are shameless that you hardly made any post or thread with the attachee by force.

When a SS person writes, he or she writes SS, but for you the inferiors, you cannot but write "SE/SS". "SE/SS will not do this, SE/SS will not accept that". Make una try stand alone sef. But shame no gree una be cause of your resourcesless 5 states

Mercy shocked shocked

Bros this is too harsh.
Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by DabuIIIT: 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:

lols real lamentations..i pity your life cos you dont know where i come from. Again,here u are foaming grossly in the mouth over the igbos,buh why do u and ur mallam lords wet ur big pant whenever they wanna secede? Why do u soak ur pata? To hell with afonja and ur bloody southern unity,eku mallam romance de la copulation.

3 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by TheFreeOne: 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:

Some southern politicians will do anything including selling their people into servitude for perks of office and a one Nigeria as long as they receive their share of the national cake.

Bunch of betrayers, omo ales and selfish idiots.

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by DabuIIIT: 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:

niggar used "lol" to hide his pain. You're a fool if you don't secede. May it never be well with you if you don't leave Anthe south west to go and prepare for your secession in your 5 erosion ravaged street. You immigrants cannot be shouting secession while you still troop enmasse into the south west, you still receive allocations, you still support corrupt politicians from the north and the south west. Stop making a fool of yourself. I can't be deceived with you already battered ego, making it look as if we out a rope round your neck and stopping your exodus back to that erosion cesspit.
Send me your account and let me donate 10 buses to convey you immigrants back. Only them we can take you serious, not when you your leprosy infested fingers to type trash.
We don't want them to secede he says. M0ron

so shall it be if truly i am from the south east but may your curse return to you a 100 fold if i am not from the south east.AMEN

Again i pity your life..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by Pavore9: 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2016
@Blue3k, why the mention?
Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by DabuIIIT: 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2016
ChessEnthusiast:

niggar used "lol" to hide his pain. You're a fool if you don't secede. May it never be well with you if you don't leave Anthe south west to go and prepare for your secession in your 5 erosion ravaged street. You immigrants cannot be shouting secession while you still troop enmasse into the south west, you still receive allocations, you still support corrupt politicians from the north and the south west. Stop making a fool of yourself. I can't be deceived with you already battered ego, making it look as if we out a rope round your neck and stopping your exodus back to that erosion cesspit.
Send me your account and let me donate 10 buses to convey you immigrants back. Only them we can take you serious, not when you your leprosy infested fingers to type trash.
We don't want them to secede he says. M0ron

oh,i forgot...laMENTALtions de la painment et mouthfoaming grin

2 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill Antidote To Communal Clashes – Sen. Tinubu by ChessEnthusiast: 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
DabuIIIT:

so shall it be if truly i am from the south east but may your curse return to you a 100 fold if i am not from the south east.AMEN

Again i pity your life..
are they not ya brothers again? don't you wish that they go back to their villages. If you don't, then stop boring us with your asinine comments on not wanting you to go. it stale already.
Better, until I see your head before I believe that you're a flattie

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How Buhari Discovered Sports Minister Solomon Dalung / SE&SW ZONE HAVE THREE STATES EACH IN NEW ZONE ORDER AND THE NATION IS 8 ZONES... / Secession:i Challenge Nnamdi Kanu To Debate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.