Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,934 members, 7,803,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Meet Khoudia Diop, A Beautiful Girl Once Mocked For Her Dark Skin, Now Famous - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Khoudia Diop, A Beautiful Girl Once Mocked For Her Dark Skin, Now Famous (790 Views)

MI Abaga Reacts To Pastor Adeboye’s Now-famous Tweet Of How He Made His Married / I Was Mocked, Bullied For My Dark Skin – Beverly Naya / Iyanya Mocked For Dropping Just N3k After Much Hailing In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Khoudia Diop, A Beautiful Girl Once Mocked For Her Dark Skin, Now Famous by Kexorcist(m): 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
http://www.boredpanda.com/dark-skin-model-melanin-goddess-khoudia-diop/?utm_source=humansoftumblr&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=DYK

Text:

Teen Bullied For Her Incredibly Dark Skin Color Becomes A Model, Takes The Internet By Storm

1.8Mviews 2 days ago by​ James Gould-Bourn

Khoudia Diop is a 19-year-old Senegalese model who was once bullied about her color. But now the self-proclaimed “Melanin Goddess” is taking the internet by storm with her beautifully rich skin tone.

“I was teased a lot growing up, because of my skin tone,” Khoudia, who is based in Paris, told the Daily Mail. “And now even online sometimes, people will make comments. Growing up, I faced it by confronting the bullies. As I grew, I learned to love myself more every day, and not pay attention to the negative people.” Since then Khoudia, who started modelling when she was 17, has won the internet with her beautiful pictures that have earned her a following of over 235k on Instagram. She’s also inspiring people to embrace their differences, writing that “If you’re lucky enough to be different, don’t ever change.” We couldn’t agree more.
More info: Instagram | Facebook (h/t: designyoutrust, dm)

“I was teased a lot growing up, because of my skin tone,” says 19-year-old model Khoudia Diop

“And now even online sometimes, people will make comments”

“Growing up, I faced it by confronting the bullies”

“They nicknamed me darky, daughter of the night”

“As I grew, I learned to love myself more every day, and not pay attention to the negative people”

“The message I have for my sisters is that how you look doesn’t matter, as long as you feel beautiful inside”

“One of my goals is to make all my dark-skinned sisters out there laugh at those with their “beauty standards””

Khoudia only started modelling 2 years ago when she was just 17, but she already has over 235k followers on Instagram

“If you’re lucky enough to be different, don’t ever change”

Like what you're reading? Subscribe to our top stories."

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Shades The US, Mexico (pictures) / Fashion Or Madness?? See What This Lady Is Wearing (!8+ Photos) / “you Will Eat Sand By Next Year” – Charly Boy Blasts Nigerian Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.