Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,054 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:08 AM

Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket (20054 Views)

Central Bank Starts Uniform Exchange Rate For Naira, Now ₦380 To $1 / History Of Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate (1972-2019) / Naira May Depreciate To 386/dollar In H2 —pwc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Fury007: 7:50am On Oct 27, 2016
nony43:
2019 is too far

Only a child would say 2019 is far.... plus my dear, who do you have in mind to vote for? Atiku, Dasuki, Fayose, Obi, Obanikoro, Saraki... Who exactly do you have in mind??
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by trexlewis(m): 7:51am On Oct 27, 2016
Which black market, you people can lie o the same blackmarktet I bought 520 on Monday abi. Rubbish, if you believe this try buying from aboki.
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by 7lives: 7:52am On Oct 27, 2016
Kenyanstar:

Nigeria "giASS of Africa"
1 sudanese pound- 50 Naira
1 Ethiopian Birr - 20 Naira
1 Ghana cedi -79 Naira
1 Botswana pula -30 Naira
1 S. Afrioca rand -22 Naira

Nigeria is one bedeviled country

The population of these countries add together may not be up to Nigeria, you still don't get it do you?.
Let me help you, a country that cannot feed itself but specialize in BREEDING LIKE RATS and as if this is not bad enough, the country also have long throats for foreign luxury grin grin grin grin grin with dwindling foreign exchange and ROUGES AS GOVERNMENT?, NA HUNGER GO KILL SUCH COUNTRY.
THIS IS THE SAD STORY OF NIGERIA A MORALLY, SPIRITUALLY AND INTELLECTUALLY BANKRUPT COUNTRY, it is better to TO THINK MORE, DO THE RIGHT THINGS AND STOP BLAMING THE DEVIL.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by bilulu(m): 7:54am On Oct 27, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Who told you we haven't being importing? Don't be deceived by the media house
Read n understand my statement.... We ve been importing and yet d naira was stable cuz of d policies on ground but dis administration lacks policies n dey don't act proactively dats their major problem

1 Like

Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Saladin1: 8:00am On Oct 27, 2016
lifestyle1:
If naira appreciate against the dollar it won't make front page but if it's otherwise it will hit the front page quickly.

And I got same dollar for #320 from a bank.

Smh

Please how did you get it?

Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Rockyrascal(m): 8:07am On Oct 27, 2016
Chrismas celebrations will be on a lowkey this year
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Dolypson04(m): 8:13am On Oct 27, 2016
And ironically, our success is not attached to the price of naira against dollars. Some are raking in huge money in this period of recession. I am happy tasting a bit of it these days
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by axzon: 8:22am On Oct 27, 2016
lifestyle1:
If naira appreciate against the dollar it won't make front page but if it's otherwise it will hit the front page quickly.

Smh

You are now happy tht $1 =#320
And you rejected it when its #196
See your life.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Sibrah: 8:50am On Oct 27, 2016
Blue3k:
At this rate the December N500 to $1 might happen.
that means exporters of good and service will get more for their efforts if the meet intl quality.
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Sibrah: 8:52am On Oct 27, 2016
Dolypson04:
And ironically, our success is not attached to the price of naira against dollars. Some are raking in huge money in this period of recession. I am happy tasting a bit of it these days.
You are not alone in Jesus name. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Sibrah: 9:03am On Oct 27, 2016
bilulu:

Read n understand my statement.... We ve been importing and yet d naira was stable cuz of d policies on ground but dis administration lacks policies n dey don't act proactively dats their major problem
You don't know what u are sayin. Naira was stable becos the previous govt was in the habit of selling excess dollar & forex at low price to give that impression. There is simply not enough excess petrodollar to keep price of Naira down forcefully. It may interest u to know that between 2002 - 2014 we spent $217 Billion in this process. Iweala termed it "Defending the Naira", before that SLS and others termed it "Floating the Naira". OBJ called it "Squandering of Dollar reserve and ECA"
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by bukynkwuenu: 9:06am On Oct 27, 2016
KelvinC1:

common razor of 5 naira na 30 naira now..
guy that canon wey come carry our fathers as slave go america then.. when is it coming again to Africa?

my man i dey naked stand 4 bonny shore dey wait 4 slave traders

2 Likes

Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by bukynkwuenu: 9:07am On Oct 27, 2016
Everest25:
bia Bukky...I pity u...Is me Chief..

chief isi odo....hw u com locate mi 4 nl...lol
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by amagunnerfan: 9:14am On Oct 27, 2016
IVORY2009:
frm the write up so far so good, I think "Travelex" which is one of the official currency dealers frm govt should try as much as possible to step up its game, by way of increasing the dollars been sold to "Black mkt operators/Currencies deals" Frm 15K maximum to even 5Ok dollars per week, I think loots of companies needs dollars to buy raw materials, especially manufacturing coys!
Where will they get the dollar from? The problem is SCARCITY mate. Until there is enough dollars in the system, the naira will continue to be useless.
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Originalsly: 9:19am On Oct 27, 2016
bilulu:

Bro....was the Naira stable under GEJ's administration? Wasn't it under GEJ that the Naira plunged to N200/USD1?.... during the time when the price of oil was high?...but yet the foreign reserves kept dwindling instead of increasing? Wasn't that because of the policies on ground?
Why are all countries that depend heavily on oil now having economic problems?...countries that were prosperous before the price of oil slumped?...was it because of bad policy on ground? What do you suggest be done?...what do you think GEJ would've done? When you import more than you export... when you spend more from your reserves than you have coming in then the value of your currency would keep decreasing. Saudi Arabia.... been taking measures to slow the rate they are cutting into their huge reserves. Veneauela.... now in crisis mode. .. demonstrations and riots... all because of low oil price...we are no different....we need to cut down on imports...unnecessary spending the little foreign exchange we gather...we need to strive to be self sufficient... that's the only way out.... produce or perish.

1 Like

Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Sicillian: 9:27am On Oct 27, 2016
goldedprince:
recieve sense
erico2k2:
so he was wrong bah
goldedprince:
recieve sense
what's wrong with his comment

Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by bilulu(m): 9:27am On Oct 27, 2016
Originalsly:
Bro....was the Naira stable under GEJ's administration? Wasn't it under GEJ that the Naira plunged to N200/USD1?.... during the time when the price of oil was high?...but yet the foreign reserves kept dwindling instead of increasing? Wasn't that because of the policies on ground?
Why are all countries that depend heavily on oil now having economic problems?...countries that were prosperous before the price of oil slumped?...was it because of bad policy on ground? What do you suggest be done?...what do you think GEJ would've done? When you import more than you export... when you spend more from your reserves than you have coming in then the value of your currency would keep decreasing. Saudi Arabia.... been taking measures to slow the rate they are cutting into their huge reserves. Veneauela.... now in crisis mode. .. demonstrations and riots... all because of low oil price...we are no different.
Thanks for ur comment but how long did it take to move up to 200 per dollar? Again wen d campaign was going on didn't apc see dat oil was already dropping to b making baseless promises? Now u re being held to do wat u promised u re busy telling us something else....... Even wen dey were presenting d budget dey said d budget isn't depended on oil dat dey will generate from non oil sector but wat is d news today? We can't fulfil our promises cuz of oil decline........ It's a pity dat alot of Nigerians tho educated but don't act as one.

1 Like

Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by domido(m): 9:27am On Oct 27, 2016
#40 to a dollar you promised.
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by buJu234: 9:31am On Oct 27, 2016
bukynkwuenu:
smh....my #19800 no dey last pass 2weeks nw...
cabin biscuit #300 from #150
why will an old man cling unto something he knows fully well that he cant do and keep fumbling over it.
#buhari

but wait why are we even blaming this Old man..

nor b we d YOUTH say make him come rule us...?
were we (THE YOUTH) not the one spreading the propaganda then that he says "$1=N1"etc

so why are we complaining.

until the Nigerian Youth & the masses decided to throw away tribalism & Nepotism; and go for excellence in govt. & political positions; Nigeria will forever remains in SUFFERING & SMILING stage
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by FellaL: 9:36am On Oct 27, 2016
This is ridiculous. No wonder the price of phones just continue to skyrocket. Only God knows what the price of the iPhone 7 will be now, talkless of the Samsung Note 7 or the Tecno Phantom 6

1 Like

Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 27, 2016
Can't that dumb nomad resign honourably?...2019, where is thou?

1 Like

Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by tkwo: 9:41am On Oct 27, 2016
I imported something from ebay and GTB charged me 320 naira per dollar. Please stop misleading people!
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Rubyventures: 9:43am On Oct 27, 2016
does anyone know what the pounds rate is?
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Originalsly: 9:44am On Oct 27, 2016
bilulu:

Thanks for ur comment but how long did it take to move up to 200 per dollar? Again wen d campaign was going on didn't apc see dat oil was already dropping to b making baseless promises? Now u re being held to do wat u promised u re busy telling us something else....... Even wen dey were presenting d budget dey said d budget isn't depended on oil dat dey will generate from non oil sector but wat is d news today? We can't fulfil our promises cuz of oil decline........ It's a pity dat alot of Nigerians tho educated but don't act as one.
Bro.... why are you expecting a politician to fulfill his campaign promises? Can you name one...just one politician in the world than on leaving office has fulfilled half...half of his promises? On the Naira sliding to 200/1 under GEJ.... it's not a matter of how long it took.... it's that it should never had happened..... with the high price of oil then... it should have been strengthening or at least...the foreign reserves should've been increasing... not decreasing. We need to be objective. .. focus on the policies of the government in power and ask ourselves is it good or bad for us/country.... focus on the message and not the messenger.... don't be a blind party supporter.
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by bukynkwuenu: 9:50am On Oct 27, 2016
buJu234:

but wait why are we even blaming this Old man..

nor b we d YOUTH say make him come rule us...?
were we (THE YOUTH) not the one spreading the propaganda then that he says "$1=N1"etc

so why are we complaining.

until the Nigerian Youth & the masses decided to throw away tribalism & Nepotism; and go for excellence in govt. & political positions; Nigeria will forever remains in SUFFERING & SMILING stage

my brother i never and will never vote 4 that old hag....u know those that voted him....97%
am a proud 5%...n am not tribalistic

1 Like

Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Clone2020(m): 10:10am On Oct 27, 2016
Have your relatives in America send you money at juicy rates. Don't bother with Western Union and Co, they exchange at N310/$ plus fees and delays.

I will exchange their funds at N385/$. They deposit into my U.S bank account while I credit your Nigerian account in Naira.
All transactions are completed in 1 minute.

Call or whatsapp my US phone number located in my signature
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by emymeeky: 10:22am On Oct 27, 2016
IVORY2009:
frm the write up so far so good, I think "Travelex" which is one of the official currency dealers frm govt should try as much as possible to step up its game, by way of increasing the dollars been sold to "Black mkt operators/Currencies deals" Frm 15K maximum to even 5Ok dollars per week, I think loots of companies needs dollars to buy raw materials, especially manufacturing coys!

Where will travelex get the dollar ? Or you think they are moneybags?
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by redcliff: 10:25am On Oct 27, 2016
IVORY2009:

I dont get. Is it not when CBN can give them they wouldngive out? Even cbn sef the dollar is hard for them too.
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by iykedare(m): 10:31am On Oct 27, 2016
lifestyle1:

Smh

What bank?
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by iykedare(m): 10:52am On Oct 27, 2016
Clone2020:
Have your relatives in America send you money at juicy rates. Don't bother with Western Union and Co, they exchange at N310/$ plus fees and delays.

I will exchange their funds at N385/$. They deposit into my U.S bank account while I credit your Nigerian account in Naira.
All transactions are completed in 1 minute.

Call or whatsapp my US phone number located in my signature

385? Brosssssss?
Re: Naira Now ₦460 To Dollar In Blackmarket by Ademoore07(m): 11:03am On Oct 27, 2016
erico2k2:

why don't you go to the Bank and buy @the rate yoy just said . If not the BDCS hustling there won't B even 100 dollars in Nigeria as we speak . Y don't the FG increase the limit of greenback we can bring in .

For your mind? undecided this shows how stupid u are. I bought 800 dollars this week monday at the rate of 305.50 naira in one of the uba branches in ondo state. Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Are The Farmers? / Naira Falls As Dollar Scarcity Worsens / Buy At Alaba International Wholesale Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.