Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? (17417 Views)

Avengers Bomb NNPC And Chevron Pipelines / Photos OF The Co-ordinator Of Attacks On Chevron & NNPC Pipelines In Delta / Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by ImoRiver: 9:39am On Oct 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
@OP Firstly, who says pipeline vandalism. facilitates ND development?

To answer you, vandalism doesn't cause development but it draws attention to the plight of the people.

Unfortunately, most vandals today are businessmen with backing of politicians that are taking advantage of the plight of the people to further their interest.

Thinking vandalism draws attention to Niger Delta plight is like thinking suicide or self destruction can draw attention to one's plight. There are other ways to draw attention without killing oneself. The major advantage the Southwest has over the rest of the South is their ability to draw attention without self destruction. An example is this failed bill

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/senate-rejects-lagos-special-status-bill/

Lagosians will never start bombing seaports, pipelines, industries and other developmental infrastructures but will rather persist peacefully until parts or all of the bill is passed. The guaranteed safety of investments will always make Lagos a preferred zone. Even Kano or Sokoto is far more investor friendly than Niger Delta today. Mist foreigners will rather invest and live in Sokoto and then tap oil from Rivers State.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by ificatchmodeh: 9:41am On Oct 27, 2016
maclatunji:

Too clever to answer a question? This is a new one.

Oga please are you from naija delta?

If NO!
Your question is not relevant..no matter au we explain to you..you will never understand.

And we won't give you that answer. You seek to hear..

Then if YES!
What do you intent to achieve with this post?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by maclatunji: 9:44am On Oct 27, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Oga please are you from naija delta?

If NO!
Your question is not relevant..no matter au we explain to you..you will never understand.

And we won't give you that answer. You seek to hear..

Then if YES!
What do you intent to achieve with this post?

You can try, maybe when you bombed XYZ pipeline, you got ABC road built or when you bombed 123 pipeline, 789 industrial complex was built. I can understand if you answer honestly.

7 Likes

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:45am On Oct 27, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Tonye..free that man..

He's not real,he is been mischievous with his question.
Exactly. I think he has formed his opinion already, though very warped.

I always maintain that most of these guys don't really understand the situation and demand of Niger Delta.

6 Likes

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by Jesusloveyou: 9:45am On Oct 27, 2016
Emycord:
How does it underdevelope nigeria. Someone is aggrieved instead of you to hear from him you suppress him cos he is minority. Then he responds with the only means that you understand: violence. If its affecting only nd will nigeria react? The truth is they are crippling nigeria economy not only nd. Now lets assume lagos port feeds the whole nation will yoruba not act same way ? Before you criticise nd think if its you what will you do
u are not speaking for we south -south, u are speaking for iPods, we south south are not happy the way ijaws are going about everything that concerned nigerdelta development. IPods should beware of our region

1 Like

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by ificatchmodeh: 10:00am On Oct 27, 2016
maclatunji:

You can try, maybe when you bombed XYZ pipeline, you got ABC road built or when you bombed 123 pipeline, 789 industrial complex was built. I can understand if you answer honestly.

Okay..you see..you were really being mischievous..
Tonye I told you..

Thanks so much..
Don't cry more than us..we ain't complaining..you should be bothered on au to develop. The west without naija delta crude..
Or maybe focus more on Aje field and dangote refinery..

Told you..your not getting that answer you see..
Una feel say na una smart pass Odin..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by ificatchmodeh: 10:18am On Oct 27, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Exactly. I think he has formed his opinion already, though very warped.

I always maintain that most of these guys don't really understand the situation and demand of Niger Delta.

They don't really understand..tho they've an idea.. but care less about it..
so long the crude keep flowing..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by QuotaSystem: 10:43am On Oct 27, 2016
gidgiddy:

Who dug the well is not as important as who owns the land on which it seats. Had the Niger Delta been a separate country, they could have easily invited anyb of the multi-national Oil companys to come and 'dig the well' for a negotiated percentage of the profits.

It was their land and resources long before there was anything called Nigeria. Just because military leaders from Lord Lugard to General Abacha came along and used one undemocratic decree or the other to deprive people control of their ancestral lands does not change this

They own it, it is their business what they do with it

It is actually the tragedy of trying to deprive people of what belongs to them

TonyeBarcanista:

,1. Niger Delta never dug any well but the land of some Niger Delta families was dug. The waters they fished on for their survival was polluted due to exploration activities. This has killed their predominant profession of Fishing.

2. By "law" or by the decree of one man? Who and who made the "law"? who made the Land Use. Decree? was ND Representatives involved or a certain General? Who made the Constitution? Were the people involved? If it was legal for mineral resources owners to keep 50% of their. rwenue before the. crude oil era, why make it illegal after the oil era?

3. The Niger Delta DOES NOT benefit from the peanut 13%, the elite does. Beside, we told Obj that we don't want 13% given to Governors but instead to the oil producing communities. Even the NDDC is not effective. We don't need any padipadi commission or ministry. 50% derivative, a considerable share to producing communities while we take care of spillage and degradation.

4. While I'm against carnage, I'm also against oppression.

I'm not here to convince you all to stop blowing up your lands and polluting your waters. I just had to expose the emptiness of the analogy.

6 Likes

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by Sweetle(f): 10:48am On Oct 27, 2016
@Maclatunji, please what do you advise the Niger Delta people to do?

1 Like

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by maclatunji: 10:52am On Oct 27, 2016
Sweetle:
@Maclatunji, please what do you advise the Niger Delta people to do?

I have written about this in the past and may write more about it in the future.

It seems my writing days are coming back soon.

1 Like

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by Sweetle(f): 11:04am On Oct 27, 2016
QuotaSystem:

I'm not here to convince you all to stop blowing up your lands and polluting your waters. I just had to expose the emptiness of the analogy.

Oga, you have exposed nothing.

TonyeBarcanista raised some very valid questions.

One thing you must note is that if there is no Nigeria today you cannot come all the way from the north to claim crude oil located in waters with boundaries around the Niger Delta.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by nawtyme: 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
@maclatunji, oga just go back to murderating your section because no answer here will satisfy you. Go back there and ask people of your kind, maybe they will answer you.

But no matter what you say or do, Jesus is in charge.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by kayfra: 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
gidgiddy:

Lets say you have a water well in your own compound. Out of the goodness of your heart, you allow all your neigbours to benefit from your well by connecting pipes to their homes and beyond. Overtime, you find out the consumotion of your own water by others has become so high that there is no longer enough for you and your family. You go to your neigbours and complain that you want to now control how this water is distributed and shared so as to have enough for your self, but your neigbours ignore you, some even insult you.

How long will it be before you disconnect your neigbours to remind them owns the well?

You did not build the water well in the first place nor do you have legal recourse to the land that it's built on. It's just on your ancestral land.

Please use your brain.
Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by Johnnyessence(m): 12:16pm On Oct 27, 2016
Op u av made a good valid point here certainly bombing pipeline in d niger delta region doesn't speak well for the region that's why all d oil companies are picking race from the region.warri zone which pump highest barrel of crude oil in d niger-delta region.bombing and vandalization of pipelines doesn't speak well to d populate of niger delta.Niger delta avengers av not gain any thing meaniful in their ways and manners of vandalization of our pipelines,they even destroy their land more.when they chase out all d oil companies in niger delta out for what av they gain from it.tonye av been closely watching u for all this while what av u gain from d proceed of vandalism.it does not serve u and d entire people in ur community well.d future of niger delta does not speak well it even caused poverty rate and malnutrition in d community where all this vandalization issue are happening.with the rate of vandalization and violence that is occuring in d niger delta region,illiteracy rate is at alarming rate may almighty God help us.
Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by OreMI22: 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2016
[size=13pt]@op,
Another yeye Nigerian ignorance of the cheating in Nigeria

The question is: "How does siphoning Niger Delta oil wealth to turn Abuja, Kano,Dutse,Minna etc from jungle into shining cities help the Niger Delta develop?"

Meanwhile the entire Niger Delta is left in squalor and poverty?
[/size]

7 Likes

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by sharp2dacore: 12:57pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hi maclatunji,

I will answer your question in the simplest possible way.

Bombing pipelines does not develop Niger Delta, it in fact destroys the Niger Delta. (I know you are happy with this answer, but If I keep it this simple, you will miss the Bigger picture)

This destruction of Niger Delta is a means to a Beautiful End. (Resource Control)

Remember the saying, If you want Peace, then prepare for war.

Bombing pipelines does not aim to develop Niger Delta, rather, it aims to force the Federal Government to right the wrongs over 50 years.

The big picture is to allow the owners of the land to control the resources in their land, so that they can develop Niger Delta by themselves.

They have waited for the Federal Government to do so for over 50 years.

Now they are tired of waiting.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by whitebeard(m): 1:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
blowing pipelines does not effect me in any way...my biggest concern now..is PHCN this people don't want to give me "light"..necessity is the mother of invention..u people should not forget those people that bought PHCN too blow their company too...!
Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by specialaccount: 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2016
how has NOT blowing up pipelines developed the niger delta?

5 Likes

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by lastkingsman: 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2016
maclatunji:
My question is a very simple question, people should not bring diversionary arguments. Those who are blowing pipelines have not said they do so to develop Nigeria. So, for the purpose of this thread, we are leaving out the effects of their activities on Nigeria.

The people blowing pipeline are fighting for justice not development. so rephrase your question or stop asking a question that doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
It's funny how when the poor man is unhappy he blows up his own community. When there were riots in Los Angeles a few decades ago, it was their own already impoverished community that went up in flames. They got their "cause" in the news for a few weeks or months but check their community 20 years later...it is still a poor community. It's not today Niger Delta have been blowing up their area, come back in 20 years and I can guarantee you the problem of under-development will still be there...after-all what happened to the monies allocated to indigenes of the area for development of the region last time they were blowing pipelines and kidnapping? Let me answer...it ended up in private jets, properties in Banana Island, Ghana and Dubai. Of all the settlement monies collected by the last batch of militant indigines, how many factories did they establish in their communities, how many houses did they build there...instead they took the money to develop other areas. Rinse and repeat because the poor will remain poor because they think like poor people. No matter what you do for a poor man, he will remain poor because his poverty is not financial poverty but mental poverty.

The irony of all the militancy is that even the Oil Majors are pulling out of On-shore operations, while all this militancy was going on Angola quietly became West Africa's largest Oil producer. New technology means the dicovery or viability of previously uneconomically viable or undiscovered wells..e.g Ghana. Nobody wants wahala, if they don't take their time, it will become an area no one want to do business in because the risks are not worth the aggro....and who loses? The only reason why anyone is bothered about the plight of the Niger Delta is because they produce Oil, if other alternative become available (as they are in many other areas in Nigeria) nobody will give a shit about the Niger Delta. So while I sympathise with their plight, they should be careful what they wish for and how far they go..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
Lol. I just made a comment on this OPs other thread... Wonder what's up with these strange Igbo/ND questions. Anyways, lemme try to break it down a bit.

Have you ever heard of the Los Angeles Riots? In California in the United States. There was a man, named Rodney King. The white police like bashed his head in, beat him up, bla bla bla. I believe he died from his encounter with them. The police officers who were caught on tape committing this illegal and brutal acts were all acquitted of all charges. This lead to the LA Riots where the black Americans basically set as much of California as possible on fire. They burnt gas stations, smashed shop windows, ground the state economy to a halt. 50+ ppl died and the US army had to be called in, the local and state couldn't even handle it.

Another example. More recently, after the acquittal of the police who murdered Eric Garner in NYC, black Americans amongst others caused serious traffic jams by protesting and holding up some of the busiest traffic in the world. NY is the financial hub of the US and indeed the world and these protests were costing everybody money.

The meaning behind these two tales is this. Why would the Black americans do these things, don't they know they're destroying their own environment? Yet they did. Like the Niger Deltans, they're not foolish, and anyone who does not empathize with them is a bit heartless. The black Americans burnt down gas stations to cause the govt. pain. The only thing governments feel is pain in their pocket, and maybe if they feel it enough; they will change or listen to the ppls demands. You sometimes have to burn everything or explode everything to build it up rightly again. Just like the blacks of America, the Niger Deltans are destabilizing an economy they feel doesn't care about them, and has always done them bad turns historically. What they're doing hurts them, but it hurts the govt more, and that's the point. Especially since these people feel they have nothing to lose, which is a mentality that the govt also created by making them somewhat of second class citizens.

I've yet to see them claiming that bombing = development. They claim bombing will hopefully grind this country to a halt, and people will stop taking advantage of us and treating us anyhow.

Sorry for the essay.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by 2point5: 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
Very Simple!! The same way your gf or wife gets your attention, to give her want she wants by denying you her pucchhiii. Niger Delta denies you her pucchhiii (oil Wells), by bombing up everything and gets the Nigerian state's attention to give her what she wants - development.

Does denying you pucchhiii give your girl what she wants? Not really!! Does it get your attention to give her what she wants? Yes!! Same goes for the Niger delta.

Is it good for her to deny you pucchhiii? Not really!! If it brings you to give her what she truly deserves? Hell yes!! Same goes for the Niger delta.

And don't come and be talking environmental issues, because the same way your gf or wife ignores the ecstasy of sex for a few minutes, to get your attention to what she really wants or deserves, we will manage the spills till we get what we truly deserve - Development through resource control.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by seguno2: 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
How does it develop the north?
How does it develop that part of our country that owns over 85% of the Niger Delta oil wells?
How does it develop that part of the country that collects over 70% of the federal allocation monthly?
Can someone please answer?

1 Like

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by Ndubuisipaul1: 1:43pm On Oct 27, 2016
gidgiddy:

Lets say you have a water well in your own compound. Out of the goodness of your heart, you allow all your neigbours to benefit from your well by connecting pipes to their homes and beyond. Overtime, you find out the consumotion of your own water by others has become so high that there is no longer enough for you and your family. You go to your neigbours and complain that you want to now control how this water is distributed and shared so as to have enough for your self, but your neigbours ignore you, some even insult you.

How long will it be before you disconnect your neigbours to remind them owns the well?
you are sounding as if the Niger deltans created the mineral resources . Did they ? It is equally their as it is Yorubas . Afterall we are on nation .
Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
Ndubuisipaul1:
you are sounding as if the Niger deltans created the mineral resources . Did they ? It is equally their as it is Yorubas . Afterall we are on nation .

Don't mind them, when they are sharing VAT they forget the vast majority of it comes from Lagos

1 Like

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by mengho(m): 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
lol, see black man comparing himself with Arabs & Americans. All those riots being mentioned they did not blow up stuffs that will take several decades to clean up you know. Even the biggest terrorist organisations in d world avoid blowing up oil pipelines & assets, I just don't understand why the militants choose dis stup*d approach & term it "fighting for justice, peace & honor" this is just a destructive terorist mentality who believes he is your saviour in his own little mind
Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by DozieInc(m): 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2016
@Maclantunji may be it gets the desired attention it is intended to.
Few questions :

1) How do blowing up pipelines affects other regions and Nigeria .
2) Do you think the ND region is getting the environmental and developmental attention it deserves.

1 Like

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by EgusiSoup: 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
maclatunji:
It is a straightforward question. Militants and their supporters will celebrate destroying government infrastructure in the NigerDelta I imagine. However, away from the mindless jubilation, how do pipeline bombing, attacking and kidnapping oil workers bring about growth and development in the region?

One would think the region would be the most developed by now if it were an effective strategy going by the number of attacks that have occurred in the region since 1999.

Feel free to explain if you have answers to the questions. Don't come here to boast about blowing up things, I have already identified that as mindless, what I want to know is how it is an effective development strategy.

Maclatunji let me attempt to answer you even if i'm tempted to ignore your question;

I can't remember any Militant group saying they are ''Blowing up Pipelines to develop the Niger Delta''. This statement sounds like a concentrated Sarcasm vehemently exposing an inherent myopic view of the Subject Matter by the person that made the statement which happens to be you.

At this point i give in to my temptation.

SMH

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by gidgiddy: 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2016
kayfra:

You did not build the water well in the first place nor do you have legal recourse to the land that it's built on. It's just on your ancestral land.

Please use your brain.

Whoever owns the land controls whatever is found on it.

1 Like

Re: How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? by madridguy(m): 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
I doff my hat.

QuotaSystem:

This is a weak and very poor analogy for several reasons;

1. The Niger Delta never dug the well, and never had & still doesn't have the capacity to do so.

2. The Niger Delta by law does not own the water in the well, Nigeria does, so there is nothing like "allowing neighbours out of goodness of the heart".

3. The Niger Delta itself benefits from the "water" from the well, even with an added derivation of extra buckets which other neighbors don't enjoy, but the parents of the house are fond of wasting and stealing it so members of its household then start dying of thirst in anger thinking it's due to the neighbors activities.

4. In trying to damage the well dug by the neighbors, the members of the household end up flooding and killing themselves.

What a tragedy brought about by unmitigated stupidity of the household and wickedness of the parents.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Ugochukwu Nwosu Was Murdered In Lagos (Photo) / Osinbajo Attends 86th Anniversary Of Igbobi College (Photos) / Thugs Lay Siege To Ondo Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.