Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? (10944 Views)

Is Mary Omnipresent Like God That She Can Hear All Those Praying To Her? / Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective / Is Mary Really The Queen Of Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by freshboi88: 9:31am On Dec 29, 2016
solite3:
smh because you know nothing. When Jesus said he doesn't know the time of his coming does that mean God doesn't know?

The Father, The son (Jesus) and The spirit are one.... But distinct, even Christ said so, I and the Father are one, but the Father is greater than I......... So when Jesus says he doesn't know d time, only the Father knows.... Shows u D supremacy of the Father........ It doesn't take away the divinity of Jesus on earth...... Pray that God gives u the wisdom to understand scripture
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by MrMontella(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2016
Solite3

Jesus didn't quote those books as authority. Jesus
also command his disciples to pay tax.Jesus
wanted his disciples to obey authority.
so the prophecy about jesus being called a nazarene is not a doctrine in christian theology?

On the pharisees..he is commanding them to obey the law laid down by the pharisees..the life and deeds of a christian matters in christianity doesnt it?
So what are you saying sire?

the rock that Paul was talking about was christ not
physical rock.
the statement was at least influenced by tradition..

I never said there was no other book but the bible
today is the only book given by God.
i dont understand...
So the Book of Jasher stopped being scripture(the word of God) after luther created the protestant bible in the 15th century?

there may be book of Enoch but there is no
evidence that it exist it may just be prophecy that
was passed down generations orally.
here's the full book of enoch
www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/

here's one of its manuscript source
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_Beatty_Papyri
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch#Manuscript_tradition

it is but number of years was not stated.
stated in oral tradition

I didn't tell you there are no other books.
this is what you said
Well what we have
today is the complete bible nothing more! Any
other book is not inspired are at best forged
cc solite3
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
freshboi88:

The Father, The son (Jesus) and The spirit are one.... But distinct, even Christ said so, I and the Father are one, but the Father is greater than I......... So when Jesus says he doesn't know d time, only the Father knows.... Shows u D supremacy of the Father........ It doesn't take away the divinity of Jesus on earth...... Pray that God gives u the wisdom to understand scripture
can God be greater than God? God is God nothing like a bigger God and a lesser God.

It is you that need to pray for God to open your eyes to see the falsehood in roman catholism.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by freshboi88: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
solite3:
can God be greater than God? God is God nothing like a bigger God and a lesser God.

It is you that need to pray for God to open your eyes to see the falsehood in roman catholism.

Are u even a christain........ U lacked basic understanding of the faith u profess.... Jh 14:28
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
MrMontella:

i know...
But i posted it to see your answer on sola scriptura...
Not una mary talk

Open another thread for us to trash this heresy out. cool
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
Syncan:

You de fall my hand o, do you think the taught suddenly came to him at age 12? See Lk.2:42-52

He taught the wise and learned, and called this preaching/teaching ministry "My father's business".

Was Jesus teaching or was he asking questions and learning? Did he grow in wisdom at this stage? If yes, does God grow in wisdom and knowledge?
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
Syncan:

Hahahaha, now we have a reason for some truths not to be in the scripture. Carry on.

The truth is that no one called Mary the mother of God. Period. cool
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
Syncan:

So your answer is NO they didn't commit Idolatry. This can only be true if they worshiped God and not man, that's why I am not sure of your position in this, because up there, in your reply to Ubenedictus, you don't believe Jesus was God as a child. Now in your reply to me, you agree that the wise men worshiped him (infant Jesus) as God. Ayam not understanding o

The wise men worshipped God and that does not give you the liberty to worship Mary who you call the 'mother of God.' cool
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Syncan(m): 7:40am On Dec 30, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Was Jesus teaching or was he asking questions and learning? Did he grow in wisdom at this stage? If yes, does God grow in wisdom and knowledge?

Point to note: The bible never said He was learning. I don't know what your bible have, but mine said He listened and asked them questions (Superiors do this often when they come amidst students discussion). Then note that the next verse said they marveled at his understanding and answers, this shows that even in questions difficult for them, he answered those to their amazement.

Now on the matter of Jesus growing in knowledge and wisdom, let me explain something, you may or may not appreciate it.

God is all knowing, but unlike us, God does not know things by experiencing it. For example, God knows everything about cold but God does not feel cold. At birth Jesus could heal the sick and raise the dead, but his brain was that of a child and it pleased God to let it be thus, so as Jesus grew, he experienced what it means to feel cold, be sad, be hungry, be happy. This is the knowledge Jesus grew in, not that as God he needed to grow in knowledge and wisdom.

Secondly, our human words often is limited in explaining God's disposition. You see the scripture talking about "God repented" Ex32:14, Gen.6:6, how can an all knowing repent, did he make a mistake? So bros, do not use such in arguing about Jesus.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Syncan(m): 7:56am On Dec 30, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

The truth is that no one called Mary the mother of God. Period. cool

Simple. There was no need for it, it was taken for granted that whoever gave birth to "the mighty God" Is 9:6, is the mother of God. cool
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Syncan(m): 7:57am On Dec 30, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

The wise men worshipped God and that does not give you the liberty to worship Mary who you call the 'mother of God.' cool

Non sequitur
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 30, 2016
freshboi88:

Are u even a christain........ U lacked basic understanding of the faith u profess.... Jh 14:28
you didn't answer my question can God be less than God?
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 30, 2016
MrMontella:
Solite3
so the prophecy about jesus being called a nazarene is not a doctrine in christian theology?

On the pharisees..he is commanding them to obey the law laid down by the pharisees..the life and deeds of a christian matters in christianity doesnt it?
So what are you saying sire?

the statement was at least influenced by tradition..

i dont understand...
So the Book of Jasher stopped being scripture(the word of God) after luther created the protestant bible in the 15th century?

here's the full book of enoch
www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/

here's one of its manuscript source
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_Beatty_Papyri
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch#Manuscript_tradition

stated in oral tradition

this is what you said

cc solite3
this thread was not made for this. You can open another thread and I will join you.
I be a read the so called book of Enoch nothing inspired.
I didn't tell you there were no books but that either they were uninspired or made up.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by freshboi88: 11:24am On Dec 30, 2016
solite3:
you didn't answer my question can God be less than God?

In terms of nature they share equality...... Just like u and ur father, ur employer..... In terms of role who is greater bw u and ur father..... Or ur employer who gives u directives and u obey with immediate effect.... In tht sense u can say that ur father is greater than u.

But in terms of nature, both u and ur father and ur employer are equal because of the very fact tht u share same nature, I. E u r humans beigns.......

Same applies to the divine
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by blueAgent(m): 11:41am On Dec 30, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Since Jesus was God, and Mary gave birth to Jesus, doesn't that make Mary the mother of God?

Don't be decieved by Catholics and there pagan beliefs. God does not have a begining or end and hence has no mother.
This is just heresy promoted by Satan.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
Syncan:

Point to note: The bible never said He was learning. I don't know what your bible have, but mine said He listened and asked them questions (Superiors do this often when they come amidst students discussion). Then note that the next verse said they marveled at his understanding and answers, this shows that even in questions difficult for them, he answered those to their amazement.

"And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions" (Luke 2:46).

After services doctors of the law normally waited to converse and ask questions about the law. Jesus could not be teaching authoritatively and if he wanted to he could not until he reached the age of 30.

Syncan:

Now on the matter of Jesus growing in knowledge and wisdom, let me explain something, you may or may not appreciate it.

God is all knowing, but unlike us, God does not know things by experiencing it. For example, God knows everything about cold but God does not feel cold. At birth Jesus could heal the sick and raise the dead, but his brain was that of a child and it pleased God to let it be thus, so as Jesus grew, he experienced what it means to feel cold, be sad, be hungry, be happy. This is the knowledge Jesus grew in, not that as God he needed to grow in knowledge and wisdom.

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature and in favour with God and man" (Luke 2:52).

This verse just destroyed your so called theory. Just as John the baptised was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb. Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit and received divine insight into the truth by God and earthly teaching he had while growing up. The Scriptures also confirmed that as his body grew and his mental faculties developed while he was being taught by the Holy Spirit. Christ had earthly teachers but he was always ahead of them because of his divine insight from the Holy Spirit.

Syncan:

Secondly, our human words often is limited in explaining God's disposition. You see the scripture talking about "God repented" Ex32:14, Gen.6:6, how can an all knowing repent, did he make a mistake? So bros, do not use such in arguing about Jesus.

You err in the sense that you don't understand the scriptures. The word "Repent" means "to have a change of mind." When the Bible tells sinners to repent, it means to change their direction, to turn from their sins. God's "repenting" is when He turns away from His fierce anger toward sinners.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Syncan(m): 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

"And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions" (Luke 2:46).

After services doctors of the law normally waited to converse and ask questions about the law. Jesus could not be teaching authoritatively and if he wanted to he could not until he reached the age of 30.

So much of your opinion, yet in all these I didn't see where it said he was learning, as you claimed he was.

OLAADEGBU:

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature and in favour with God and man" (Luke 2:52).

This verse just destroyed your so called theory. Just as John the baptised was filled with the Holy Spirit from the womb. Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit and received divine insight into the truth by God and earthly teaching he had while growing up. The Scriptures also confirmed that as his body grew and his mental faculties developed while he was being taught by the Holy Spirit. Christ had earthly teachers but he was always ahead of them because of his divine insight from the Holy Spirit.

Hahaha, see confusion. A while ago, you said he was God hence was worshiped by the wise men, now he (God) is "being taught" by the holy spirit, ok na.

OLAADEGBU:

You err in the sense that you don't understand the scriptures. The word "Repent" means "to have a change of mind." When the Bible tells sinners to repent, it means to change their direction, to turn from their sins. God's "repenting" is when He turns away from His fierce anger toward sinners.

I see you simply like to speak. You neither disputed any of my statement with facts nor added anything new. All you did was say I was wrong yet you end up saying same thing, contradict yourself or actually making no sense.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 30, 2016
freshboi88:

In terms of nature they share equality...... Just like u and ur father, ur employer..... In terms of role who is greater bw u and ur father..... Or ur employer who gives u directives and u obey with immediate effect.... In tht sense u can say that ur father is greater than u.

But in terms of nature, both u and ur father and ur employer are equal because of the very fact tht u share same nature, I. E u r humans beigns.......

Same applies to the divine
technically you have agreed that Jesus is less than God while at the same time being God. Do you know that Jesus is a man that made him lower than the angels?
When Jesus said he didn't know the time of his coming does it mean God didn't know?
W
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by freshboi88: 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2016
solite3:
technically you have agreed that Jesus is less than God while at the same time being God. Do you know that Jesus is a man that made him lower than the angels?
When Jesus said he didn't know the time of his coming does it mean God didn't know?
W

The answer lies within ur statement, Jesus accepted to be a man, emptied himself n bcame man..... But tht didn't take away his divine nature, if u recall bfre saying tht the Father is greater than he is.....he had first said tht to have seen him is to have seen tht father and he and the Father are one.

Cos I already know we're ur heading to, so yes as man the Father is greater but as a diety (essence) he is equal to the Father. So Jesus is both man and God..... Nd remember tht even in his resurrection he still took his manly flesh.....
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by freshboi88: 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2016
solite3:
W

Why did Elizabeth refer to Mary as the mother of my Lord (L) in capital letter
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:31am On Dec 31, 2016
Syncan:

So much of your opinion, yet in all these I didn't see where it said he was learning, as you claimed he was.

Are you telling me that Jesus started speaking grammar from the day he was born and began to teach his Joseph and Mary until he became an adult? undecided

Syncan:

Hahaha, see confusion. A while ago, you said he was God hence was worshiped by the wise men, now he (God) is "being taught" by the holy spirit, ok na.

Why would the Holy Spirit teach God what he already knew? The Bible says Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and favour. Did God grow in wisdom, stature and favour?

Syncan:

I see you simply like to speak. You neither disputed any of my statement with facts nor added anything new. All you did was say I was wrong yet you end up saying same thing, contradict yourself or actually making no sense.

Read your Bible as it says: "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Syncan(m): 6:59am On Dec 31, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Are you telling me that Jesus started speaking grammar from the day he was born and began to teach his Joseph and Mary until he became an adult? undecided

I wrote this earlier, I wish you could just read and comprehend: "God is all knowing, but unlike us, God does not know things by experiencing it. For example, God knows everything about cold but God does not feel cold. At birth Jesus could heal the sick and raise the dead, but his brain (and body) was that of a child and it pleased God to let it be thus, so as Jesus grew, he experienced what it means to feel cold, be sad, be hungry, be happy. This is the knowledge Jesus grew in, not that as God he needed to grow in knowledge and wisdom".

OLAADEGBU:

Why would the Holy Spirit teach God what he already knew? The Bible says Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and favour. Did God grow in wisdom, stature and favour?

You just have to make a decision, Was Jesus God or not? Seems you're still confused what to believe. When you know and believe in the truth, it will set you free to comprehend its mysteries.

OLAADEGBU:

Read your Bible as it says: "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" (Numbers 23:19).

Ah, so you've been reading bible eh? Have you seen "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. Gen.6:6, I guess you've not also read "And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil..."1chron.21:15 Human words do not fully express God's dispositions, I have said it before, if you like continue.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15am On Jan 01, 2017
Syncan:

I wrote this earlier, I wish you could just read and comprehend: "God is all knowing, but unlike us, God does not know things by experiencing it. For example, God knows everything about cold but God does not feel cold. At birth Jesus could heal the sick and raise the dead, but his brain (and body) was that of a child and it pleased God to let it be thus, so as Jesus grew, he experienced what it means to feel cold, be sad, be hungry, be happy. This is the knowledge Jesus grew in, not that as God he needed to grow in knowledge and wisdom".

Your opinion means nothing when compared with the inspired Word of God.

In Philippians 2:7 we are told that Christ "emptied Himself" which implies that He voluntarily set aside His "omni" attributes in order to take "the form of a servant." The fact that He "increased in wisdom" as the verse I quoted above states as well as His growing in stature proves His true humanity.

Syncan:

You just have to make a decision, Was Jesus God or not? Seems you're still confused what to believe. When you know and believe in the truth, it will set you free to comprehend its mysteries.

He was fully God and fully human but He emptied Himself and made Himself of no reputation when He took up the form of a servant. He came as a servant not as God when He was born.

Syncan:

Ah, so you've been reading bible eh? Have you seen "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. Gen.6:6, I guess you've not also read "And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil..."1chron.21:15 Human words do not fully express God's dispositions, I have said it before, if you like continue.

God's words are not contradictory as you have been made to believe. It is not God that really repents as those verses say but man. When men changes their mind then God revises His attitude and behaviour towards them because God is not changeable. God remains unchangeable in His own righteous character and standards. God appears to "repent" outwardly in order not to repent inwardly.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Syncan(m): 6:24am On Jan 01, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Your opinion means nothing when compared with the inspired Word of God.

In Philippians 2:7 we are told that Christ "emptied Himself" which implies that He voluntarily set aside His "omni" attributes in order to take "the form of a servant." The fact that He "increased in wisdom" as the verse I quoted above states as well as His growing in stature proves His true humanity.

He was fully God and fully human but He emptied Himself and made Himself of no reputation when He took up the form of a servant. He came as a servant not as God when He was born.

God's words are not contradictory as you have been made to believe. It is not God that really repents as those verses say but man. When men changes their mind then God revises His attitude and behaviour towards them because God is not changeable. God remains unchangeable in His own righteous character and standards. God appears to "repent" outwardly in order not to repent inwardly.

I am tired of going round and round with you. You claim that Jesus "set aside" his Divine nature in order to take up human nature. In the same post you claim he was fully God and fully man, but came as a servant. Despite these confused speach, you still claim the wise men worshipped the baby Jesus as God(despite that he was just man, haven "set aside" his God nature), Yet, according to you again, the Holy Spirit continued to teach the God that the wise men worshipped. Can you see how confused your posts have been?
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
solite3:
if two women comes to you and one is 40 and the other is 20 who is likely going to be the mother and why do you think so? If pre existence is not a test for motherhood.
If a woman claim her daughter spirit is 100years old it must mean she had other mothers behofore who do you think will be the rightful mother?
i hope u are aware ur analogy doesnt work and still doesnt affect my point.

if a woman claims her spirit is older it may imply she had two lifetimes and hence two mothers, one in d previous lifetime and one in d present, but both were at one time or d other a parent to her.
the son of God was born of the father b4 time began, when he became man he was born of mary.

do u even believe the son of God was born of mary?
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
solite3:
you should have addressed my posts. I told you Jesus the man is different from God do you agree?
you are creating a false dichotomy. there is only 1 Jesus who is both God and man, not one Jesus as God and another as man.

we dont have 2 Jesuses, we only have one and he came as both God and man.

When Jesus died did God die?
what do u understand by death? do u think it is a cessation of existence? no, death is just d separation of body and soul! that is all dat happens at death. Jesus has both body, soul and divinity, at death his body was seperated from his soul and divinity. God expirenced death as we all do, his soul+divinity left his body
When Jesus slept did God sleep?
we a human sleep only his concious mind loses function, his subconcious and spirit are still working, d same for Jesus, his human conscious mind slept his spirit, subconscious and divinity would still be active!
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
solite3:
Mary is the mother of the lord Jesus Christ but not the mother of God.
Do u believe she gave birth to the Son of God.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:16pm On Jan 01, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Selective reading indeed. Did you miss the preceding sentence where it said the following?:

"He was not fearful of losing His deity when He exchanged the outward form of God for the outward form of man; that is, He did not have to cling to His deity as a robber would his plunder."
Your scholars say, he exchange the OUTWARD ''form" of God for d outward form of man but it clearly maintains that Jesus never ceased to be God he only changed his outward form, he was always God by nature.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:17pm On Jan 01, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Even in His childhood? undecided
The wise me worshipped him in childhood didnt they?
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
Syncan:

I am tired of going round and round with you. You claim that Jesus "set aside" his Divine nature in order to take up human nature. In the same post you claim he was fully God and fully man, but came as a servant. Despite these confused speach, you still claim the wise men worshipped the baby Jesus as God(despite that he was just man, haven "set aside" his God nature), Yet, according to you again, the Holy Spirit continued to teach the God that the wise men worshipped. Can you see how confused your posts have been?

The truth is that the phrase "mother of God" only originated with and continues to be used in the Roman Catholic Church since the year AD 431 till now. The disciples and early Christians never used that phrase in reference to Mary.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Your scholars say, he exchange the OUTWARD ''form" of God for d outward form of man but it clearly maintains that Jesus never ceased to be God he only changed his outward form, he was always God by nature.

God neither has a beginning nor has He got an end. God (Yahweh) was never "born" and never had a "mother." It was only Jesus who had a beginning to His early ministry when He was conceived in Mary's womb and was born, but from eternity past Jesus had always been the Son of God, the second Person of the Trinity.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
Ubenedictus:

The wise me worshipped him in childhood didnt they?

The wise men worshipped God not Mary. It is biblical to say that Mary was the mother of the Lord Jesus Christ during His incarnation on the earth. Don't commit idolatry by venerating Mary.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thread To Activate Spiritual Defence Against Gun And Knife. / What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? / Did You Know Japan Bans Islam And ALL Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.