Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,807 members, 7,806,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer (2127 Views)

What Lessons Can We Learn From Atheist? Why Did God Create Atheist ? / Is It Good For A Catholic To Burn Sandalwood Incense? / Help Needed From Atheist Friends On This Website. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by winner01(m): 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
Edenoscar:

no worry nah una plenty pass
If you dont belong to any of this you're also part of the 2%
Catholic Church- 1,166 million
*. Latin Church- 1,149 million
*. Catholic Charismatic Renewal- 160 million
*. Personal Ordinariate for former Anglicans- 0.005 million
*. Eastern Catholic Churches- 17 million
*. Alexandrian Rite
*. Ethiopian Catholic Church- 0.2 million
*. Coptic Catholic Church- 0.2 million
*. Antiochene Rite
*. Maronite Catholic Church- 3.1 million
*. Syro-Malankara Catholic Church- 0.4 million
*. Syriac Catholic Church- 0.1 million
*. Armenian Rite
*. Armenian Catholic Church- 0.4 million
Breakaway Catholic Churches- 28 million
*. Philippine Independent Church- 6 million
*. Chinese Patriotic Catholic Association- 5 million
*. Brazilian Catholic Apostolic Church- 5 million
*. Traditionalist Mexican-American Catholic Church- 2 million
*. Old Catholic Church- 0.1 million
*. Polish National Catholic Church- 0.025 million
*. Apostolic Catholic Church- 0.005 million
Baptist churches- 75-105 million
*. Southern Baptist Convention- 15.7 million
*. National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc.- 8.5 million
*. National Baptist Convention of America, Inc.- 3.1 million
*. Nigerian Baptist Convention- 2.5 million
*. Progressive National Baptist Convention- 2.5 million
*. Baptist General Convention of Texas- 2.3 million
*. Baptist Union of Uganda- 1.5 million
*. American Baptist Churches USA- 1.4 million
*. Brazilian Baptist Convention- 1.3 million
*. Baptist Bible Fellowship International- 1.2 million
*. Baptist Community of the Congo River- 1 million
*. National Primitive Baptist Convention of the U.S.A.- 1 million
Lutheranism- 70-90 million
*. Evangelical Church in Germany- 24.5 million
*. Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus- 7.9 million
*. Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania- 6.5 million
*. Church of Sweden- 6.3 million
*. United Evangelical Lutheran Churches in India- 4.5 million
*. Batak Christian Protestant Church- 4.5 million
Nondenominational evangelicalism- 80 million
*. Calvary Chapel- 25 million
*. Born Again Movement- 3 million
*. Association of Vineyard Churches- 15 million
*. Christian and Missionary Alliance- 4 million
*. Church of God (Anderson, Indiana)- 1.2 million
*. African initiatedProtestant churches - 60 million
*. Zion Christian Church- 15 million
*. Eternal Sacred Order of Cherubim and Seraphim- 10 million
*. Kimbanguist Church- 5.5 million
*. Church of the Lord (Aladura)- 3.6 million
*. Council of African Instituted Churches- 3 million
*. Church of Christ Light of the Holy Spirit- 1.4 million
*. African Church of the Holy Spirit- 0.7 million
*. African Israel Church Nineveh- 0.5 million
*. Seventh-day Adventist Church- 18.1 million
*. New Apostolic Church- 10 million
i didnt even include mountain of fire an co
I am not understanding grin, i thought it was atheism vs theism.
Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by hahn(m): 1:51pm On Oct 27, 2016
winner01:

The fact that there are 4,200 different religion and 33,000 denominations under Christianity shows exactly how united they are for nothing cheesy grin

Actually, theists only unite when fighting against atheists. It is safe to say that atheism is the best thing to ever happen to theism because this is the only y'all ever agree on anything wink

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by KingEbukaNaija: 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2016
hahn:

The fact that there are 4,200 different religion and 33,000 denominations under Christianity shows exactly how united they are for nothing cheesy grin

Actually, theists only unite when fighting against atheists. It is safe to say that atheism is the best thing to ever happen to theism because this is the only y'all ever agree on anything wink

There are atheists who believe in the supernatural , reincarnation , voodoo - what's your point exactly ?
Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by Edenoscar(m): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
winner01:
of course it was atheism vs theism then you brought up the atheism and 2%,you cant just hide under the banner of 80%. If you break down all religion and their sectors like christianity, you find out that they are all minority
Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by hopefulLandlord: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2016
Edenoscar:

of course it was atheism vs theism then you brought up the atheism and 2%,you cant just hide under the banner of 80%. If you break down all religion and their sectors like christianity, you find out that they are all minority

and each sect claiming they're the only one preaching the true word

each sect is being led by the Holy Spirit

seems Holy Spirit is author of confusion

lmao

1 Like

Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by hahn(m): 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

There are atheists who believe in the supernatural , reincarnation , voodoo - what's your point exactly ?

1 Like

Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by Weah96: 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
winner01:
So you dont know that 2% is less than 10%

I just helped you include deists, agnostics etc na grin

He called you generous for INCREASING the global percentage of atheists from your usual 2% figure to 10%.

So maybe he already knows that 2 is smaller than 10.
Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by winner01(m): 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2016
Weah96:

He called you generous for INCREASING the global percentage of atheists from your usual 2% figure to 10%.

So maybe he already knows that 2 is smaller than 10.
I ddnt increase it to 10%. I said "less than 10%".

But is 2% not less than 10% undecided I am not understanding undecided
Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by Weah96: 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
winner01:
I ddnt increase it to 10%. I said "less than 10%".

But is 2% not less than 10% undecided I am not understanding undecided

7 is also smaller than 10, as are 8 and 4. I'm surprised that you don't follow. If you wanted to imply your usual 2%, you should have said less than 5% or less than 3%.

By you saying less than 10%, you leave open the room that atheists could represent about 9% of the global population. That's why he called you generous. Usually you say 2%.

I'm rather pedantic by nature, so be careful, we could be here all day.
Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by hopefulLandlord: 6:20pm On Oct 27, 2016
Weah96:

7 is also smaller than 10, as are 8 and 4. I'm surprised that you don't follow. If you wanted to imply your usual 2%, you should have said less than 5% or less than 3%.

By you saying less than 10%, you leave open the room that atheists could represent about 9% of the global population. That's why he called you generous. Usually you say 2%.

I'm rather pedantic by nature, so be careful, we could be here all day.

he still doesn't get it? grin
Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by ValentineMary(m): 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
As a former catholic, I can relate to thia story. I once saw atheist as bad and immoral people until I met them. When doubt came,I searched frantically for a reason to believe. I even thought I had sinned for having doubts. I was terribly depressed that I had questioned the church authority.
The kind of bondage religion has on people is overwhelming.
Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by hopefulLandlord: 9:44am On Dec 15, 2016
ValentineMary:
As a former catholic, I can relate to thia story. I once saw atheist as bad and immoral people until I met them. When doubt came,I searched frantically for a reason to believe. I even thought I had sinned for having doubts. I was terribly depressed that I had questioned the church authority.
The kind of bondage religion has on people is overwhelming.

nice exposé..
Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by hopefulLandlord: 11:24am On Dec 15, 2016
eh?
Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by hopefulLandlord: 11:56am On Dec 15, 2016
dumping
Re: Rory Fenton: From "Atheist hating" Catholic to Atheist Advocate/Writer by Niflheim(m): 10:16am On Mar 21, 2017
@Cold hard truth,

This was my best part about the post............................................"There is nothing more liberating than simply being yourself"

Atheism and Humanism are truely the opposite of christianity which preaches......................................................................"There is nothing more liberating than behaving like a goat"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Invited For US Embassy Celebration By Isreal PM / Absence Of Evidence / France 98: Nigeria Lost their match to Denmark deliberately in 98 WC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.