Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,418 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! (9478 Views)

Chief Bode George Is Interested In The Chairmanship Of The Pdp- Fayose / Roli Bode-George Is Acting Chairman Of NDLEA- The Vanguard / Nigeria’s Sexual Offences Bill Stipulates 18 Years Not 11yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Armadda(m): 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2009
October 26, 2009 01:25PMT

The former Nigeria Port Authority (NPA) board chairman and a chieftain of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP), Bode George, has been convicted by Justice Olubunmi Oyewole of the Lagos High Court.

He is sentenced to two years for a 35-count charge that is to run concurrently.

The former South West deputy chairman of the PDP was charged by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in 2008 for contract inflation to the tune of N84 billion with four other board members, during his tenure as the chairman of the NPA board between 2000 and 2003.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5474123-147/story.csp

Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Armadda(m): 2:35pm On Oct 26, 2009
i think he deserves worse than that. what do y'all think?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by jaybee3(m): 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2009
he still got punsihed in a country where anything goes.
kudos to the brave man that sent his ass to jail.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by citizenY(m): 2:38pm On Oct 26, 2009
judgment details? Any forfeitures. Is he the only one, Any appeal? Na there dem go do magic
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by chic2pimp(m): 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2009
jay bee:

he still got punsihed in a country where anything goes.
kudos to the brave man that sent his ass to jail.

I agree with you.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 26, 2009
this Nigga is SHORT

Hopefully he won't appeal away.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by fyneguy: 2:48pm On Oct 26, 2009
This judgment may even encourage people to embezzle funds o.

If all you get for embezzling N84 billion is a paltry 2 years imprisonment, then why not embezzle?

He may even get someone to serve the term for him.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Ibime(m): 2:49pm On Oct 26, 2009
citizenY:

judgment details? Any forfeitures. Is he the only one, Any appeal? Na there dem go do magic

Na so me sef see am.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by jaybee3(m): 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2009
fyneguy:

This judgment may even encourage people to embezzle funds o.

If all you get for embezzling N84 billion is a paltry 2 years imprisonment, then why not embezzle?

He may even get someone to serve the term for him.
LOl. chei see reasoning
do you know what it is to have criminal record?
do you know what it takes to be denied of your freedom?
omo na wa oh
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 26, 2009
and what happens to life imprisonment & death penalty?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by back2back(f): 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2009
Obasanjo had criminal record.

Gani had criminal record.

So not new to that.

Where is the link to this story!

I suspect he will go for 6months and get paddoned by Yaradul.

He would have washed himself clean since you cant be tried twice for same offence.

He would be free to contest as Governor of Lagos in 2016!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Witi(m): 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2009
He should request for witness protection in the Caribbean so that he can testify against better thieves like Obasanjo, Atiku, and co.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by DisGuy: 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2009
jay bee:

LOl. chei see reasoning
do you know what it is to have criminal record?
do you know what it takes to be denied of your freedom?
omo na wa oh

Abegi criminal record? Alam, Ibori get confirmed criminal record he still became governor
I dount the police have a record, everyone filing for a police report in nigeria gets a clean bill of health

so what happens to the money
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by proudly9ja(m): 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2009
Abeg until I see the full details.

I am sure the court will say the 2 and a half years started 2 and a half years ago when the case started and so the guy won't even spend one day in Jail.

What they should do is to make him refund the 84billion! If he has been found guilty, why should he keep the money? Sell his assets and recover the money!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by rawe45: 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2009
The penalty is too short for his kind and d offence he committed, why not just make it 10yrs , so that If/when he appeals: it wld be reduced to 5 or 6.

Anyway, Nice courage from the Judge
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by koolchicco: 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2009
2 (Two) Years, ONLY? shocked
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by jaybee3(m): 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2009
Dis Guy:

Abegi criminal record? Alam, Ibori get confirmed criminal record he still became governor
I dount the police have a record, everyone filing for a police report in nigeria gets a clean bill of health

so what happens to the money
Ibori criminal record in Nigeria?
Alams yes and can he contest for another political post in naija? Probably no
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by MrCrackles(m): 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2009
Bode George should be locked up and very far from naira, dollars, pounds or any other type of legal monetary tender till he dies!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by jaybee3(m): 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2009
^^
wats good north london's finest?
BG is already on his way to 10 feet under.
That 2yrs is already an accelerated death sentence
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by jamace(m): 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2009
Just 2 years for stealing N84b? There is no correlation between the loot and the punishment at all.  angry  angry Anyway, we have taken a baby step  towards dealing with our thieving leaders. More convictions, please. Many crooks are still walking free, shoulder high in our streets.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by mekuslogan: 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2009
I hope all the stolen monies are recovered
And, importantly, I hope he dies in jail like Sunday Afolabi. So he wont have the opportunity to loot again. Thieves.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by SeanT21(f): 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2009
I read it was 28 years on onlinenigeria.com.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2009
why is anybody upset?

am sure the same people grumbling are the same who are calling for sanusi's -shoot those banker mofos - head
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by ProAnti: 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2009
Sentenced for 2 years on different counts. The sentences will run concurrently.
I guess this was the same style used in freeing Alams.

The next thing they will say is that he has been in custody for 22 months so he can go home in two months.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by MrCrackles(m): 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2009
jay bee:

^^
wats good north london's finest?
BG is already on his way to 10 feet under.
That 2yrs is already an accelerated death sentence
Yes boss, am all rosy. . . .how is you?
I hope the dude pegs in jail. . . .His sins are so grave he deserves an heavier sentence!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by AloyEmeka6: 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2009
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by jaybee3(m): 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

Yes boss, am all rosy. . . .how is you?
I hope the dude pegs in jail. . . .His sins are so grave he deserves an heavier sentence!

I'm chilling bro, you know how we do (work work and more work).
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by bawomolo(m): 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Its 28 years and not 2 years:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-343216.0.html

amen amen

what about the loot, the EFCC should confiscate all his property just like the FEDS did maddoff. All his property up until the agbada and boxers he is wearing should be sold in an auction.

I hope his supporters club go to jail with him.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by POSAKOSA1(m): 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2009
I said hopefully, he won't APPEAL AWAY.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2009
Hmmm NAIJA!! N84bn - they'll probably let him build his own jail house.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Lagosboy: 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2009
2 yrs for 85 billion naira. This sentence will only make sense if all his damn assts home and abroad are frozen. Otherwise others wouldnt mind going to jail for 1 yr (parole) and come out to enjoy their loot.This kind of thinking will make convictiona mere occupational hazard in the occupation of looting public money.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by snapshot: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2009
just 2 years?what a shame!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Keyamo Criticises Jonathan, Obasanjo, Saraki / Buhari Humiliates Tinubu - Premium Times / Court Strikes Out Emefiele Brothers’ Suits Against AGF, DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.