Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot (5434 Views)

Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaigns Worries Me :JEO IGBOKWE / HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by felicitywe(m): 1:16am On Oct 28, 2016
maclatunji:
Some people's basis for opposing President Muhammadu Buhari is that they are Igbo and he is from Katsina.

They have aligned themselves with organizations like IPOB and NigerDelta militants which they see as vehicles to execute their opposition.

However, there is an emerging trend that threatens the reality of people like this. It is the fact that the policies of President Muhammadu Buhari's government are beginning to favour the Southeast (Igbos). For example, Innoson is getting a $1 billion deal (https://www.nairaland.com/3424462/innoson-motors-signs-deal-china) and Aba bootmakers are getting contracts from the military (https://www.nairaland.com/3431809/army-orders-made-aba-boots).

Hence, bigoted Igbos are not finding it easy to antagonize these developments without being exposed as 'enemies of progress'.
u think igbos r lk other tribes u gv a mere carrot n they keep quite.Igbos stand 4 justice,equity n fairness in all dealings.We come frm a republican systm of one man one voice irrespectv of ur status.If Bubu does what we ask even d man in d remote villages in Kuara namoda will enjoy.So bear wt us.

2 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by Beremx(f): 7:10am On Oct 28, 2016
kITATITA:

Resurrection! My darling, see as motherhood come make you quite
no be motherhood make me quiet joor!

How body?
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by booblacain(m): 8:16am On Oct 28, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

In other words a policeman should only arrest criminals who share similar ethnicity and religion with him.

Very shallow thinking

Seun simply asked him to clean the log in his eyes "first", he did not ask him to clean the log in his eyes only.

I think you are the one with a shallow understanding.

1 Like

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by booblacain(m): 8:33am On Oct 28, 2016
ayokellany:

The problem with Igbos like you is never being appreciative of the little you are given. If you do not appreciate the little what right do you have to ask for more ? Igbos I repeat do not deserve any special favours. Let them labour to have their demands be it Biafra, resource control or what have you. All favour to you is nothing but a waste. The joyous thing about the sitaution is when not favoured all you do is beat your chest n when the evening comes your soak all your frustrations into a bowl of Apu, if you are lucky you have enough to buy bottle of beer for you n your collegue to wash down the agony / tragedy you carry about as a human.

I am sure Yorubas like you appreciated the little Jonathan gave you during his time as president. In fact you celebrated it.

2 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by drnoel: 8:48am On Oct 28, 2016
maclatunji:
Some people's basis for opposing President Muhammadu Buhari is that they are Igbo and he is from Katsina.

They have aligned themselves with organizations like IPOB and NigerDelta militants which they see as vehicles to execute their opposition.

However, there is an emerging trend that threatens the reality of people like this. It is the fact that the policies of President Muhammadu Buhari's government are beginning to favour the Southeast (Igbos). For example, Innoson is getting a $1 billion deal (https://www.nairaland.com/3424462/innoson-motors-signs-deal-china) and Aba bootmakers are getting contracts from the military (https://www.nairaland.com/3431809/army-orders-made-aba-boots).

Hence, bigoted Igbos are not finding it easy to antagonize these developments without being exposed as 'enemies of progress'.

Stuwpid stuwpid stuwpid. What are u hoping to get with this? Some people like seeing trouble and putting their hands in the eye. drnoel out

2 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by booblacain(m): 8:50am On Oct 28, 2016
maclatunji:

You mean you are masking your satisfaction that Jonathan was Yar'adua's VP for loving him? This newfound Igbo love for the late Yar'adua is quite interesting. grin grin

Now you are trying to twist the narrative by inferring that igbos voted for Yaradua because of Jonathan, forgetting that igbos did not know or even cared about Jonathan then. Main while you earlier claimed the Igbos voted for Yaradua because he did not run against a perceived son of the east. Can't you see how confused you are in trying to be cunny. I realize your problem is not just hate for the igbos, but that you possess a very wicked and naïve soul.

1 Like

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by maclatunji: 8:53am On Oct 28, 2016
drnoel:

Stuwpid stuwpid stuwpid. What are u hoping to get with this? Some people like seeing trouble and putting their hands in the eye. drnoel out

The objective is simple, stir the many objective Igbos into action to stop mediocre voices dominating the discourse as it regards Igbos relating with Nigeria today.

Very few people have been frank about it, this has allowed mediocres to dominate the space.
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by maclatunji: 8:55am On Oct 28, 2016
booblacain:

Now you are trying to twist the narrative by inferring that igbos voted for Yaradua because of Jonathan, forgetting that igbos did not know or even cared about Jonathan then. Main while you earlier claimed the Igbos voted for Yaradua because he did not run against a perceived son of the east. Can't you see how confused you are in trying to be cunny. I realize your problem is not just hate for the igbos, but that you possess a very wicked and naïve soul.

The 2 points are not mutually exclusive nah. In fact, they correlate. How this flew past you leaves me surprised.
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by drnoel: 9:00am On Oct 28, 2016
maclatunji:

The objective is simple, stir the many objective Igbos into action to stop mediocre voices dominating the discourse as it regards Igbos relating with Nigeria today.

Very few people have been frank about it, this has allowed mediocres to dominate the space.

Allow mediocre have their say. Last I looked there was still freedom of speach. Those mediocre are not the people u should fear but the learned and quiet ones. Those are the dangerous ones.
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by mrjangaweed: 9:01am On Oct 28, 2016
Seun:
You should first deal with the numerous muslim bigots in this country before bothering the Igbos, otherwise you'll come across as a bigot, too.

is this your mod?
little wonder they ban with impunity and bias mind

Seun you have to review the activities of your moderators.

imagine a moderator spewing this trash and you wonder why almost all nairalanders loves lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by mrjangaweed: 9:03am On Oct 28, 2016
Beremx:
this has gotten beyond Igbos hating Buhari. Don't you think presently, almost all ethnic groups seem to dislike him because there's hunger in the land?
I love Beremx lipsrsealed
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by booblacain(m): 9:16am On Oct 28, 2016
maclatunji:

The 2 points are not mutually exclusive nah. In fact, they correlate. How this flew past you leaves me surprised.

No, they are not correlative, because as I said (I'm not surprised a bit how this flew past you) the Igbos never saw Jonathan as a so called perceived son of the east then.

Even making yourself look more confused, you claim your grouse was with the "few" ethnic bigots amongst the Igbos, yet you try to belittle the massive support Yaradua had from the majority of Igbos. Who then are you really against, the minority or the majority? It is already obvious.

1 Like

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by vedaxcool(m): 9:41am On Oct 28, 2016
[s]
booblacain:

Seun simply asked him to clean the log in his eyes "first", he did not ask him to clean the log in his eyes only.

I think you are the one with a shallow understanding.
[/s]

In other words the policeman should FIRST arrest people of his own ethnicity before thinking of arresting others. .. Please just shut up the statement is clear for all to see there is no need twisting it. seun clearly stated mac must FIRST correct muslim bigots before thinking of correcting igbo bigots .... Like I said shallow thinking at play. The opposite of igbo is definitely not Muslim ... igbo fall into the ethnic classification not religious. He would have made an inch of sense had he advise mac to correct members of own ethnicity bigotry but still fall short of common sense since we know the best way to refute people is by pointing at the error of their thinking not pointing them to look away.
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by maclatunji: 12:14pm On Oct 28, 2016
mrjangaweed:

is this your mod?
little wonder they ban with impunity and bias mind

Seun you have to review the activities of your moderators.

imagine a moderator spewing this trash and you wonder why almost all nairalanders loves lalasticlala

Your ignorance is cute. #LOL
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by maclatunji: 12:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
booblacain:

No, they are not correlative, because as I said (I'm not surprised a bit how this flew past you) the Igbos never saw Jonathan as a so called perceived son of the east then.

Even making yourself look more confused, you claim your grouse was with the "few" ethnic bigots amongst the Igbos, yet you try to belittle the massive support Yaradua had from the majority of Igbos. Who then are you really against, the minority or the majority? It is already obvious.

What a nice attempt at revisionism. If you cannot see the correlation then I cannot help you.

That the Southeast was not in favour of Buhari is not in doubt and is their right with many understanding that the election was already won and lost.

However, the ones I have reserved my post for have taken their opposition to the point of surrealism, even one Igboman called Radio Continental this morning to slam them.

Now, that Buhari's policies are positively affecting the East, their brand of opposition is becoming increasingly unsustainable.
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by maclatunji: 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
drnoel:

Allow mediocre have their say. Last I looked there was still freedom of speach. Those mediocre are not the people u should fear but the learned and quiet ones. Those are the dangerous ones.

I disagree, ignorant people do not know where and when to start or stop and if allowed to dominate public discourse pull the entire society to their level.
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by WhoRUDeceiving: 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2016
The only bigots we have are those that voted and supported a coupist in 2015 to come and "change" us back to the 1983 era. That is why the economy and country is collapsing faster than the way Naira is falling.

Nice try, but the East and Southern Minorities (minus Yoruba) are one and are realizing the madness with living with people tying bedsheets and others using their last money to throw parties.

2 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by drnoel: 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
maclatunji:

I disagree, ignorant people do not know where and when to start or stop and if allowed to dominate public discourse pull the entire society to their level.

Ah well thats why opinion and speach is free bro. Anyways atleast we all agree that for now Igbos are just screamers and wasting their time but be adviced if ever a serious group arise it could be dangerous.

1 Like

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
booblacain:

Why are you trying to reason with someone who clearly lacks any sort of critical thought? At no point in his rambling, incoherent response was he close to anything that could be considered dialectic reasoning. What else do you expect from someone whose premise and conclusion do not align (the basic principle of logic).

He is a well known linear-minded Islamist extremist and is thus projecting that viewpoint on topical issues. He strives to whip up toxic negativity, whether in politics or religion. He used to be a mod. . . Seun dodged a bullet with this one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Northerners Don't Fear Biafra Anymore - See Their Fears / Oil Fields In Igboland / Nnamdi Kanu's Young Lawyer Arguing His Case Brilliantly In Court (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.