Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable (18035 Views)

Two Suspected Thieves Burnt In Calabar Beyond Recognition (Graphic Photos) / Sidechic Flees As Wife Busts Her Husband In Lagos / EFCC busts OOU, arrests students, recovers millions, cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by Mjuliet: 3:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
The Rapid Response Squad (RRS) is an arm of the Lagos State Police Command. It was set up to speedily respond to emergencies within the state. It carries out regular patrols of the state and have various 'pinning-down' points across the city. The RRS responds to distress calls made to 767 and 112.
Tuesday, 18 October 2016
RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-Up Cable

The operatives of Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of Lagos State Police Command, on Monday, busted a 6-man syndicate which allegedly specialized in vandalising and stealing of Light-Up cable wire, street lamps and streetlight poles installed by the Ambode-led administration to illuminate the state.

The suspects, Tunde Alaba, 29, Saheed Ismail, 27, Deji Afolorunso, 26, Sunday Obasanmi, 27, Jelili Abodunrin, 32, and Taofeek Oyedele, 28, were all apprehended at about 2:30 am, under the bridge at CMS after destroying the streetlights powering CMS under the bridge and its environs.

RRS operatives who were patrolling the area, sighted them in the act of pulling down the street lamps, cables and poles, Government installed to lighten up the area before mobilising more officers for their eventual arrest and movement to RRS Headquarters, Alausa.

The suspects, who they all owned up to the crime at the RRS Headquarters, during an interrogation, noted that they have been living under the bridge for about 4 years.

Governor Ambode has urged all Police officers to always check out Light-Up Lagos Project because of pending cases of vandalisation and theft of armoured cable powering the street lights across the state.

One of the suspects, Jelili Oyedele, who hailed from Awe in Oyo State, said that the hardship situation in the country forced him into the criminal act.

He said, “I came to Lagos about Seven years ago. When I arrived, I was a bus conductor which I did for about 2 years. I joined the other accomplices under the bridge when I had no other place to live after my landlord had evicted me out for non-payment of house rent. Before now, I was working as labourers with the road construction company around Marina. But after our project ended, I chose to steal the cable to earn a living.”

Tunde Alaba, who arrived the City of Excellence from Ede in Osun State, early 2016, revealed that he left Lagos Island where he was squatting with a friend to avoid untimely death due to incessant clashes in the area.

“I ran away for my life for fear of death. Lagos Island is not safe for me any longer because of rampant killings and clashes between rival groups in the area. I moved to the under bridge for shelter. Although, I have not been doing anything tangible since I arrived the state, but I did have my daily meals through the sales of cables and iron steels,” he added.

Another suspect, Deji Afolorunsho, said that he was once a market sweeper in Idumota. “I swept the whole market every night and they paid me N2, 500 daily. But I lack contentment which led me to this crime”, he noted.

The lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Superintendent of Police, SP Dolapo Badmus, said that the Police will not condone any criminal activity in the state. The suspects have been transferred the Lagos State Environmental Task Force for prosecution.

http://www.fastdatashare.com/2016/10/rrs-busts-suspected-thieves-of-ambodes.html

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by Pavore9: 3:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
Another suspect, Deji Afolorunsho, said that he was once a market sweeper in Idumota. “I swept the whole market every night and they paid me N2, 500 daily. But I lack contentment which led me to this crime”, he noted.....Lazy being!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by veekid(m): 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
Good job

1 Like

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
See names: Tunde Alaba, 29, Saheed Ismail, 27, Deji Afolorunso, 26, Sunday Obasanmi, 27, Jelili Abodunrin, 32, and Taofeek Oyedele, 28, shocked

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by Theultimate(m): 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
We are sometimes our own problem. Imagine vandalising such a great project.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by Omotayor123(f): 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
#2,500 per day is #75,000 per month. And you are still Not content shocked Even many office Workers don't earn dat.

I wonder how people could think of coming to Lagos to get rich over night. And they don't want to work.

Lazy Bones cry

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by uwagimboo: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
Tunde Alaba, 29, Saheed Ismail, 27, Deji Afolorunso, 26, Sunday Obasanmi, 27, Jelili Abodunrin, 32, and Taofeek Oyedele, 28

Our cone head brothers that descended to earth using a bicycle chain...

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by Philipmems(m): 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
Crime is not tolerable by any standard cool cool but hunger dey... wetin man go do... you work hard yet, there is nothing to show for it... Naija

1 Like

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by Chedah(m): 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
K
Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by Bcraze: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
Y do people steal strange things
Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by ollymoore: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
Make dem go light dem up

2 Likes

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by steppin: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
Checkers Club, you're welcome!

1 Like

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by CandyDiamond(f): 4:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
Na them!!!,people wey own Lagos after migrating like others,we own Lagos whereas everybody in Lagos migrated from somewhere. Lagos is no mans land,there is no indigenous person in Lagos from the governor to the last person,all na migrant.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by EMMYB0Y(m): 4:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
they all looked like cable...
Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
Ncan south south

Reporting live from HQ Ph

Bravo Charlie indian Chinese

It them sir.. West west people Deji Afolorunsho
and brother from the west side of the zoo land.

Over and out sir

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by BjDreamchaser(m): 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
Ipob and crime, God NOSE best.

2 Likes

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by NoreenUG(f): 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
See their names.
The so called owners of Lagos wey dey tell others to go back to their villages.
But they make a living from stealing copper cables in that same Lagos.

The hunger is real. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by AlphaCentauri: 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
this why black people can never have good things. cuz some niggas will steal it. thats why all our dormitories and hostels in uni look like crap. cuz niggas steal nice things lolzzzz

2 Likes

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by LorDBolton(m): 4:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
Theultimate:
We are sometimes our own problem. Imagine vandalising such a great project.

Azzin rily annoying thinking of it.

Must govt. Create special taskforce ontop streetlights matter again?

Vandals r wrecking this nation, govt has to get tougher on their customers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by CandyDiamond(f): 4:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
Keneking:
See names: Tunde Alaba, 29, Saheed Ismail, 27, Deji Afolorunso, 26, Sunday Obasanmi, 27, Jelili Abodunrin, 32, and Taofeek Oyedele, 28, shocked
They are doing what they know how to do best,after migrating from Osun,Oyo,Ogun to claim omo ni ile,we own lagos

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by AlphaCentauri: 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2016
uwagimboo:
Tunde Alaba, 29, Saheed Ismail, 27, Deji Afolorunso, 26, Sunday Obasanmi, 27, Jelili Abodunrin, 32, and Taofeek Oyedele, 28

Our cone head brothers that descended to earth using a bicycle chain...

grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by BjDreamchaser(m): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2016
NoreenUG:
See their names.
The so called owners of Lagos wey dey tell others to go back to their villages.
But they make a living from stealing copper cables in that same Lagos.

The hunger is real. grin

I can bet my left ball that those guys are flaties or they grow up in the East

2 Likes

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by naijacentric(m): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2016
Can we blame it on poverty?
Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by joenor(m): 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
I dey tell you, you are being paid 2500 daily, what a fool hes, Where I work my daily pay is half the moni hes been paid daily... he is a lazy idiot, he shoulf be given short sleeve!
Pavore9:
Another suspect, Deji Afolorunsho, said that he was once a market sweeper in Idumota. “I swept the whole market every night and they paid me N2, 500 daily. But I lack contentment which led me to this crime”, he noted.....Lazy being!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by LorDBolton(m): 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
this why black people can never have good things. cuz some niggas will steal it. thats why all our dormitories and hostels in uni look like crap. cuz niggas steal nice things lolzzzz

No b lie.

I've seen Students steal ordinary N120. Bulb from school faculty walkways & classrooms during night class.

Some even loosen sockets n cart them away to replace the burnt sockets @ their off k lodges.

they believe school get money thus replacing them wouldn't be a challenge #black man orientation

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by sisisioge: 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
Well...their accommodation issue is about to be resolved. Silly set of ingrates! Them put light for all, Una go dey steal am...woooobish!

2 Likes

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2016
Omotayor123:
#2,500 per day is #75,000 per month. And you are still Not content shocked Even many office Workers don't earn dat.

I wonder how people could think of coming to Lagos to get rich over night. And they don't want to work.

Lazy Bones cry
he should have buy a laptop with dat kain of money and start doing yawu
Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by Pavore9: 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
joenor:
I dey tell you, you are being paid 2500 daily, what a fool hes, Where I work my daily pay is half the moni hes been paid daily... he is a lazy idiot

That is why l shake my head whenever l read some Nairalanders blaming recession for the criminal tendencies of some Nigerians! Let assume he works 26 days in month that amounts to N65,000 not to talk of the amount he will be making if he is selling to recyclers used Pet bottles and cans he gathers from the cleaning! How many Nigerian graduates are seeing such money? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Busts Suspected Thieves Of Ambode’s Light-up Cable by Truman155(m): 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2016
I didn't check the names but I know it must be the afonjas ndi Yoruba. Na their small work be that

note I wrote ndi ofem.manu. and nairaland change it to Yoruba

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Man Commits Suicide In Benue / Mind Blowing Weird And Funny Facts (photos) / Rivers Police Rescues Kidnapped Victims, Recovers Toyota Highlander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.