Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) (3254 Views)

The Noetic Interview: Questions On Humanity And The Quality Of Goodness / 20 - 20 Questions From Huxley In The Huxley-Noetic Marathon / To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by DeepSight(m): 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2009
Although I only joined this forum a few months ago, there are a few people I have found very intriguing indeed.

I think it's worthwhile taking some time out to celebrate some of the memorable moments we have shared with our dear, most holy, very righteous, heaven-bound Christian Soldiers, Noetic and Davidylan.

Davidylan on Ethics:

davidylan:

There is nothing like "ethics" when it comes to christianity.

Davidylan on his being much better than everyone else:

davidylan:

Unfortunately for many of you noise makers . . . what i have achieved educationally so far is what you can only dream about.

Noetic: On the Peace-making of Mahatma Ghandi –

noetic15:

what sort of nonsense is this? 

is Ghandi a peace maker? what do u understand by peace makers?

noetic15:

is Ghandi a peace maker?
in human language YES: based on his great revolutionary work in India.
but in bible terms NOPE.

noetic15:

u find it impossible to conceive in the container of your imagination that Ghandi would go to hell . .  . .but thats not mmy proposition but the word of God.

Noetic on logic to prove that Jesus is God:

noetic15:

Jesus is the SON of God. . . .He is as such God.

Noetic on the fact that only Christians can love:

noetic15:

There is no love outside of Christ.

noetic15:

It is IMPOSSIBLE to practise the teachings of Christ without acknowledging the divinity of Jesus.

Men. You gotta give it up for these guys. . .

Let’s applaud them here!
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by bawomolo(m): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2009
Unfortunately for many of you noise makers . . . what i have achieved educationally so far is what you can only dream about.

Did dawodu really say this?  that guy can be cocky at times.

is Ghandi a peace maker?
in human language YES: based on his great revolutionary work in India.
but in bible terms NOPE.

lol the bible must be written in angel language
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by POSAKOSA1(m): 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2009
funny thead grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by obi1o1: 7:47pm On Oct 26, 2009
noetic&davidylan,if u'r doubting about making an impact on anyone,well be assured u both have touched my christian life,NL has increased my quest about christianity,thus making me a better person.All i can say is fight D good fight&remain blessed.cheers cool
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by POSAKOSA1(m): 7:48pm On Oct 26, 2009
^^^^^^ so you had to create a new user name to write this. REVEAL your true self. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by spoilt(f): 12:11am On Oct 27, 2009
I do not understand this thread. will not try.
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by kolaxy(m): 12:21am On Oct 27, 2009
@ Davidlyan and Noetic

I've been following your debates with Deepsight and, I personally know for sure that you both weren't been arrogant when you made the above statements, so, fire on.The Lord is your strenght wink wink wink
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by kolaxy(m): 12:31am On Oct 27, 2009
Noetic and Davidlyan

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.(Psalm 46:1) wink
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by KunleOshob(m): 8:42am On Oct 27, 2009
Davidlyan and Noetic are truly great men, real fanatics smiley if they were muslims they might be actively involved in terrorism by now grin their passin and zeal is simply mind blowing but i think they are both very closed minded and this robs them of the opportunity of understanding their faith better.
@deepsight
which one be your own sef? why are you out to hound my brethen?
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by Tudor6(f): 11:14am On Oct 27, 2009
Whats deepsights obsession with davidylan and noetic. . . .anything going on behind the scenes that we dont know about lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by POSAKOSA1(m): 11:15am On Oct 27, 2009
I don't think that its an obsession, he's just highlighting their "interesting" quotes
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 27, 2009
kolaxy:

@ Davidlyan and Noetic

I've been following your debates with Deepsight and, I personally know for sure that you both weren't been arrogant when you made the above statements
Although we are always at opposite extremes of debates, you can accuse Dr. David of anything, but not boastfulness.
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 27, 2009
This is good stuff
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by Ibime(m): 12:09pm On Oct 27, 2009
"Unfortunately for many of you noise makers . . . what i have achieved educationally so far is what you can only dream about." - Daviddylan

hehehehehehehe
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 27, 2009
Ibime:

"Unfortunately for many of you noise makers . . . what i have achieved educationally so far is what you can only dream about." - Daviddylan

hehehehehehehe

Hmmnnnn, I hope this thread will not turn to a war of PhD-holding Nairalanders and competition of 'educational attainment'. Where is Richyblack?
Me wey no get more dan Bsc do go siddon o
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2009
If you consider Rickyblack educated, you lack a brain yaself. Anything can go to school, but not everyone who goes to school gets educated.

2 Likes

Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by MyJoe: 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2009
@Deep Sight

[b]Before your exchanges with Noetic sink into the pit of ridicule and dialogues of the deaf,  you may want to consider opening a thread with the Bible itself as subject matter. [/b]Contrary to the opinions expressed by many, Noetic's performance here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-336988.96.html was not bad if one considers it from the perspective of a Bible believer. Noetic was able to cite Bible passages in defence of his position that Jesus is the only way to God. Others equally cited the Bible in support of their position that love is the ultimate religion and bridge to the Almighty but Noetic explained or attempted to explain them away, using the Bible. That leaves us with the question of the Bible itself. Is it the word of God? If so, is it undiluted? If its claim to be the word of God in totality (II Tim 3:16) is to be rejected, why? What about other traditions that appear to have influenced the Bible, for example, the Gilgamesh Epic?
What I am saying, put differently, is this: You cannot puncture Noetic's beliefs, because he accepts them by faith.

Hear him:

my problem with the assertion and quote above is that . . . ,  .while we welcome your opinion on issues, u are reluctant to accommodate "faith" inspired opinions. ,  .simply because u consider them dogmatic, not forgetting that your opinions too are dogmatic.

The quote above chooses to disbelieve the gospel on the basis of sarcasm . . . . . . .what happened to the liberty of believing the gospel?

Wherever faith is in question, testability is the normal scientific sense is usually elusive. But Noetic is a man of learning and he knows faith is also a possession of Muslims, Hindus and others that he believes are clasping an empty shell. On that basis faith itself can be questioned since its object can well be hollow. So any archaeological expeditions on your part should be aimed at unearthing the basis for Noetic's faith. Did God materialise to tell him nobody can get to him while spurning the Christian bridge? If yes, can we have details? If not, is the Bible the sole exponent of this idea? May we examine the Bible then?
The worst thing to do with a believer is to ridicule his beliefs unless your sole objective is to win arguments for their own sake. The best you can do is to engage him in ISSUES in an atmosphere of mutual respect

By the way, I am talking about Noetic. For Davidylan, I am not so sure. He is a little complicated for me.
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by Nezan(m): 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2009
David and Noetic are damn good . . . my kudos!
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by DeepSight(m): 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2009
^^^Somehow or the other Noetic has actually won a bit of my respect, notwithstanding that i regard his views as rather extreme indeed. This is because he does not shirk from a rigorous debate, although he appears spectacularly incapable of adjusting to the reality that the world is full of diversity, and nobody, not even God, could expect all or even most humans to adapt to a uniform culture or religion.

Davidylan on the other hand. . . is just. . . well. . . something else.

Although i love serious theological debates, i also love a good practical joke, this thread was intended as such, and i am rather surprised and dissapointed that it has made it to the NL frontpage. It was intended only for the Religion caucus, people who have debated each other for a while, and are quite familiar with the jokes. I would urge the moderator to remove this thread from the Front Page, cos its really just a practical joke.

I do not seek to ridicule anybody, as every man is entitled to his faith.

I just find some of their comments amazing, that's all.
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by sharpman1(m): 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2009
I am wondering why this thread is on the home page

and Deep Sight, i am also wondering what the REAL purpose of this thread is
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by DeepSight(m): 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2009
^^^ As i stated above, i intended it as a joke. Maye it should be moved to the Jokes Column. Or deleted if offensive. Nothing more was intended.

Frankly i am angry its on the Frontpage. It does not deserve to be there. More serious issues should be there.
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2009
LOL grin grin
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by bjmighty(m): 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2009
I sure say the person wey talk all these talk don smoke IGBO bele full before hin start to dey misyern!!!!!
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by RichyBlacK(m): 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2009
Jarus:

Hmmnnnn, I hope this thread will not turn to a war of PhD-holding Nairalanders and competition of 'educational attainment'. Where is Richyblack?
Me wey no get more dan Bsc do go siddon o

@Jarus,

Don't worry, that war will not be fought, after all we are all on the same side. Hope you're doing good.
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by dani1luv: 6:03pm On Oct 27, 2009
. . . . . . .Interesting

The lawd is ur shepherd
wink
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by obi1o1: 7:06pm On Oct 27, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

^^^^^^ so you had to create a new user name to write this. REVEAL your true self.  undecided undecided undecided undecided
[/quote

O boy,because of those guys am a new person.4get about da old me. grin
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by POSAKOSA1(m): 8:09pm On Oct 27, 2009
^^^^^ shey u're a regular sexuality thread poster ni ? what exactly changed about your being ?
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by obi1o1: 11:54pm On Oct 27, 2009
@posakosa
sorry sir/ma if i've offended u.what makes u fell am not a newbie?D thread is not about me.peace wink
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by POSAKOSA1(m): 11:59pm On Oct 27, 2009
u didn't offend me im only asking questions.
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by noetic15(m): 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2009
I find this thread amusing.

@ Deepsight

me thinks u need to learn to accept that ur world view is not the same as the world view of others.
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by donnie(m): 12:14am On Oct 29, 2009
I would not pair both of them if i were you.

In fact, from my encounters with them, i realize they should rather  be at opposite ends of the stick (except maybe on the heaven/hell issue).

Davidylan Phd= Scholarly + zealous + overtly sarcastic + carnal - Spirtual insight = religious

Noetic Phd= Scholarly + deeply spiritual + Zealous + sarcarsm(sometimes) - carnality =  cool

Nevertheleess, I love them both.
Re: Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) by Nezan(m): 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2009
^ funny equations . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten Ways To Convert An Atheist To Christian / Hell Fire Is Real! Repent Before It Is Too Late / What Is Tare (fake Wheat)? *Beware of tares!*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.