Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? (2086 Views)

Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? / Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? / Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
i want to become a web developer and my reasons are i love creativity and i want to make serious money from it to take care of myself and my family since am the 1st child. I already have the main requirement which is a sound laptop. Am searching for the best pdfs(easily understandable) for a newbie in this field which will also contain everything i will need to learn concerning any of these programming languages outlined below....
HTML/CSS
Javascript
JQuery
AngularJS
PHP and my SQL
Ruby
Ruby on rails.....dats all

Please for each pdf u mention, mention the author also so that i wont have to suffer much to find the book when i visit google

You can also add links to the pdf

Thanks a lot. Cant wait to join the community soon
cc.lalasticala
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
i will advice you to Remove PHP and JavaScript from there tongue and Learn Ruby and Rails ... download "Ruby in practice".pdf
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
Averted:
i will advice you to Remove PHP and JavaScript from there tongue and Learn Ruby and Rails ... download "Ruby in practice".pdf
Thanks
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by Craigston: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
Averted:
What's wrong with learning JavaScript?

I'd say remove PHP for now and use a language that has an elaborate type system. If you really want PHP, learn the newer versions of the language (PHP >= 5.6).
Forget Angular; go straight to Angular 2 but be sure to know your JS well (especially ES 2016).
Also try to reward those authors by paying for their work and respecting copyright. Most free soft copies are pirated works.
This link points to a good collection of freely available programming books:
https://github.com/vhf/free-programming-books
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
Craigston:

What's wrong with learning JavaScript?

I'd say remove PHP for now and use a language that has an elaborate type system. If you really want PHP, learn the newer versions of the language (PHP >= 5.6).
Forget Angular; go straight to Angular 2 but be sure to know your JS well (especially ES 2016).
Also try to reward those authors by paying for their work and respecting copyright. Most free soft copies are pirated works.
This link points to a good collection of freely available programming books:
https://github.com/vhf/free-programming-books
thanks a lot bro. I been wan ask the guy same question but i say make i shut up
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by orimion(m): 10:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
Don't remove JavaScript o
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
orimion:
Don't remove JavaScript o
ok....i neva considered removing it for one sec
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by orimion(m): 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2016
Ebuka2016:

ok....i neva considered removing it for one sec
the way you said thanks scared me

BTW frontend or backend
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2016
orimion:
the way you said thanks scared me

BTW frontend or backend
is it possible for one person to be both a front end designer and a back end developer? Dats what i want to do. I want to learn both
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by orimion(m): 2:55am On Oct 30, 2016
Ebuka2016:

is it possible for one person to be both a front end designer and a back end developer? Dats what i want to do. I want to learn both
It's very possible, thats what people go into these days: full stack development. I would recommend freecodecamp.com and w3schools.com. Check them out. For books, check out "head first" books. They've written books for many languages (if you are new to programming you might want to start with head first programming, it introduces programming using python). But I've found out that online resources are the best
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by talk2hb1(m): 8:41am On Oct 30, 2016
Ebuka2016:
i want to become a web developer and my reasons are i love creativity and[b] i want to make serious money[/b] from it to take care of myself and my family since am the 1st child. I already have the main requirement which is a sound laptop. Am searching for the best pdfs(easily understandable) for a newbie in this field which will also contain everything i will need to learn concerning any of these programming languages outlined below....
HTML/CSS
Javascript
JQuery
AngularJS
PHP and my SQL
Ruby
Ruby on rails.....dats all

Please for each pdf u mention, mention the author also so that i wont have to suffer much to find the book when i visit google

You can also add links to the pdf

Thanks a lot. Cant wait to join the community soon
cc.lalasticala

Before you go any further if you might have got started, please don't pick programming because you want to make money. Making money from programming is another ball game entirely, you can make money, a lot of money from programming without knowing how to write a line of code or even writing a line of code.

Secondly, having a laptop is not enough if you really want to learn how to program. The most important of all is your will power and determination (Programming can be very frustrating to learn and even more frustrating to practice as a profession but its fun grin). I don't even own a computer while I got started learning to program back then (Another Tortoise story of mine).

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 30, 2016
orimion:

It's very possible, thats what people go into these days: full stack development. I would recommend freecodecamp.com and w3schools.com. Check them out. For books, check out "head first" books. They've written books for many languages (if you are new to programming you might want to start with head first programming, it introduces programming using python). But I've found out that online resources are the best
thanks a lot bro
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 30, 2016
@talk2hb1 dnt know wats wrong with your account oo. I dnt seem to be able to mention you oo.

Am very determined to do this not just for the money but the money sha is one of the major reasons. Btw, how can one make money from programming without writing a single line of code??
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by talk2hb1(m): 3:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
Ebuka2016:
@talk2hb1 dnt know wats wrong with your account oo. I dnt seem to be able to mention you oo.

Am very determined to do this not just for the money but the money sha is one of the major reasons. Btw, how can one make money from programming without writing a single line of code??
By running a programming business!!!
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2016
talk2hb1:

By running a programming business!!!
pls will you be willing to share/throw more light on what it means to run a programming business??
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by talk2hb1(m): 12:59pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ebuka2016:

pls will you be willing to share/throw more light on what it means to run a programming business??

That's a big topic you asking for, I will summaries it in a few sentence:
I define Programming Business as the system where you write computer code for a living, this is totally different from software business where you have a software product to sell. You might be writing the code for others, or employing other to write the code for you as long as you get paid to write the code. I segmented it into various parts: Marketing, Contracts, Project Management & Delivery, etc.
It is just everything you will want to do in normal business but in this case, your product is code writing.
Regards' Habeeb Salami
Re: Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
talk2hb1:

That's a big topic you asking for, I will summaries it in a few sentence:
I define Programming Business as the system where you write computer code for a living, this is totally different from software business where you have a software product to sell. You might be writing the code for others, or employing other to write the code for you as long as you get paid to write the code. I segmented it into various parts: Marketing, Contracts, Project Management & Delivery, etc.
It is just everything you will want to do in normal business but in this case, your product is code writing.
Regards' Habeeb Salami
thanks boss

(1) (Reply)

Which Is A Better Title: Software Developer Or Software Engineer / Top 10 Youngest Programmers In Nigeria Currently / Web Development Or Data Analystics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.