Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:56 AM

6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' (41232 Views)

He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) / Don Wanny Shot Dead In Rivers. He Was Chieftaincy Title Holder, Lived In Mansion / Full Interview Of Kidnapper Evans & How He Lived In Grand Style (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by metromediaboss: 10:39am On Oct 28, 2016
Thousands of stigmatized 'Witch Children' have found refuge at CRARN center, in Akwa Ibom. The children were branded as "witches" by church ministers and have been cast out by their families and shunned by society.

One of them is six-year-old Israel Effiong, from Ikot Uso Ekong, Eket, who was accused of being responsible for his father's illness. Fearing for his life, he ran away and hid in a bush for a year before he was rescued by Edoho,a volunteer with the organisation.
Edoho, himself is former child at CRARN Children Center. He now serves as one of the volunteers who rescue children to the centre.

"When my father became ill and taken to a hospital, my stepmom asked if I knew anything about his illness. I told her that I could not think of anything bad about my father because he's the supporting me," Effiong recounts.

"When his illness took a turn for the worst, my stepmom became angry with me.
In the nights, she'll wake me up, tie my hands and legs then poured wild ants all over my body while asking me to relieve my dad from the witches coven. At times she would tie my hand and legs, began to hit my heads with sticks and electrical wires.
She stopped giving me food and locked me out of the house. I went and told the neighbors living close to us. She said she could not allow me to stay with her because my stepmother will be angry with her.

"The people living around us began to hate me and asked not to come close to their children. I went and slept in the village town hall. One night, some men came and saw me there, they brought me out and asked me to dance as witches. When I told them that I didn't know witches dance, they used sticks and matches to beat me. A man who was passing by came and told them not kill me. They left me and warned me not come there again. I went and stayed in a bush and be coming out in the night to pick up leftover from the market garbage

"One day, I was tired and slept off in the market, a boy by name Edoho came and saw me there and told me he would come back and take me to a safe place where other children like me are living. I told him where I normally stay in the bush.
Yesterday, he came and took me the CRARN Children Center, Eket. I'm very glad to stay here because I would go to school again and sleep without fear of the unknown."

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/10/photos-6yr-old-effiong-lived-in-bush.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by auntysimbiat(f): 10:41am On Oct 28, 2016
Buy n sell scrap on http://

Used or damaged devices... Sell them now on [url=http://][/url]

5 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by yeyeboi(m): 10:42am On Oct 28, 2016
Demonic Spirit undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by TippyTop(m): 10:42am On Oct 28, 2016
See man's inhumanity to man.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by uwagimboo: 10:58am On Oct 28, 2016
Witches can be delivered nah, why the inhumane treatments..

Pls if u re witch nd reading this, Can i join u guyz provided i dont drink blood
I just want to enjoy myself flying to tourist destinations to enjoy myself...

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by Nightie(f): 11:20am On Oct 28, 2016
dis is getting really bad...
duin dis kinda tinz to poor innocent kids...
sad!

4 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by veekid(m): 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ogheeeeennnnnneeeee

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by glowshine(f): 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
This is so wrong. poor child... i grieve for nigeria

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by sirTesco(m): 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
nothing is impossible in Nigeria except not being corrupt.
Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by Bujumbura(m): 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
There is no better Witvh than our politicians who are keeping us down through any means possible

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
sad sad sad sad
Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by finalbosss1(m): 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i pity her sha
Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by MadCow1: 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4411371_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

This is what African Christianity is all about..

Kill those baby witches.. Afterall the Bible says 'suffer not a witch to live - Exodus 22:18'.. angry

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by MadCow1: 2:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
uwagimboo:

Pls if u re witch nd reading this, Can i join u guyz provided i dont drink blood

Witches are to be killed.. The Bible says so. cool

1 Like

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by martineinstein(m): 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
when witches are accusing innocent children of wizandry.....

The fake pastors whose intention are to xtort innocent akwa ibomites are d real witches and wizards here

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by Pidggin(f): 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
It is well, na Buhari cause am
Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by dayleke: 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
Which way Naija?!!!!
And this MOGs no dey give birth to kids like these o but are ready to brand other pples kids as witches....
May baba God help us o....
My pples are ignorant for lack of knowledge .....
Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
Wrubbish
Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by AleAirHub(m): 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
Only in NIG angry
Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by balancediet(m): 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
Incredible
Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by Omotayor123(f): 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
Poor Child. I feel like crying. cool

Why are some people so wicked cry

The step mum and dad should be arrested.

2 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by slurryeye: 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
This nonsense should stop already

I'm very surprised that the government of that state has not passed any law to stop this madness after documentaries and countless evidences show that people are committing aggravated assault and murder against innocent kids

Why is the community not interrogating the wife (the boy's stepmom)? She should be the first suspect if foul play is suspected. Afterall, she is the one sleeping with the man and cooking for him. Rather they will point accusing fingers at vulnerable and defenseless kids.

Israel Effiong, I'm very optimistic that you'll be great. You made it boy! You made it!!

This is one boy that if nurtured and cared for properly, he can become a doctor, lawyer or anything he wanna be. The boy survival instinct is outstanding. Living in the bush by himself for 365 days without basic amenities, that boy is a genius. I'm very sure 90% of all these social media adults can't even survive in such bush for a week.

NB: I'm writing an email to Akwa Ibom government to pass bill against this child abuse, and I'm urging well meaning nairalanders that are tired of seeing this kinna story to do same

This is Akwa Ibom state government email I'm able to get online info@akwaibomstate.gov.ng

And this is the link to the state government contact

https://www.akwaibomstate.gov.ng/contact

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
Sometimes when I read about such horrific happenings in Nigeria, I just wish a nuclear ICMB will land on it.

****runs away before they arrive****

1 Like

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by eezeribe(m): 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
Is Akwa Ibom state this backward?

3 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by Loveprince: 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
It is well wit u poor child. For the Lord has pick up ur calls.

4 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by lielbree: 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
uwagimboo:

U must suck. Lol
Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
Naija pastors and witchcraft allegations are

7 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Effiong Lived In The Bush For One Year To Avoid 'Witch Killers' by Nellybank(m): 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
Only two people in Nigeria are gifted with a positive-thinking brain. Just me and any oda person. How can people be so negative-minded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Guy Consumes N150 Worth Of Raw Pepper To Win A Bet In Owerri (Photo) / Video Of Clash Between NDLEA Officials And Hoodlums in Lagos Island / Pregnant Woman Masterminded The Kidnap Of Her Admirer In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.