Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight (7329 Views)

Poll: Do you support people preaching publicly on international flights?

Yes: 24% (28 votes)
No: 75% (86 votes)
This poll has ended

Gospel On Wheels: Beautiful Keke Napep Used For Preaching / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / Preachers And Pastors Receiving Monthly Salary For Preaching The Gospel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by toshacer: 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2009
Preacher Boy Insists On Preaching The Gospel On BA Flight From London To Abuja

3am time check - midway between London and Abuja - a voice shouts out "praise the lord!".  I thought i was dreaming- wow - he was preaching the gospel on top of his voice.

For about 15 minutes he was warned to stop and not to disturb other passengers.  He insisted the gospel has to be preached, he was arrogant about it.  They told him they will call the police on him, he insisted, bring the police, he wont just stop. 

After much appeal, he was taken to the back and we heard no more from him.

Is this a right thing to do? The gospel has to be preached but when other passengers are sleeping on an international flight? what you think?
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 26, 2009
he shld pls shut up.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by kellorah: 11:02pm On Oct 26, 2009
My God!! shocked shocked shocked shocked Why would he want to add to the stress in people's lives?! They're trying to sleep for God's sake, and it's not even an hour journey. shocked shocked All in the name of God! Hmm. The guy should have been kicked out of the plane, nonsense!
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Abuzola(m): 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2009
Thank God the evil gospel weren't cast, they do it in bus and now want to do it in plane. Hahaha. What a big time bostars
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by kellorah: 11:15pm On Oct 26, 2009
Don't muslims do this sort of thing? @Abu
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Abuzola(m): 11:33pm On Oct 26, 2009
We don't ! Have you seen any single muslim reciting the Quran and admonishing in bus, bt xtrians haaa nawa
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by kellorah: 11:37pm On Oct 26, 2009
Nah I haven't but I've had Muslim school mates preach to me out of nowhere.
I know. . . Christians seem to take it too far sometimes.
My cousin got beaten up one time cos of this lol. Taught him a lesson.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Abuzola(m): 11:56pm On Oct 26, 2009
Good !
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by bawomolo(m): 1:35am On Oct 27, 2009
kellorah:

Nah I haven't but I've had Muslim school mates preach to me out of nowhere.
I know. . . Christians seem to take it too far sometimes.
My cousin got beaten up one time cos of this lol. Taught him a lesson.

your cousin got a well deserved lesson cheesy
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by walaty(m): 6:01am On Oct 27, 2009
personally to me, i think preaching in public places is wrong.
the preacher doesnt know how the people are feeling and what mood they are in.
a man got arrested in america for preaching on a bus. a passenger called the cops and told them someone was causing hysteria.
i think the preacher got less than he deserved.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by toshacer: 8:41am On Oct 27, 2009
i mean- all the flight attendant came to this guy saying people are sleeping, this guy said, nope, it is not the right time to sleep, they will sleep when they get to their homes, - oh me- very embarrassing.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 27, 2009
[
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Abuzola(m): 11:13am On Oct 27, 2009
I mean in bus, any muslim that does that his intention is to beg just like the majority of xtrian do
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Maykelly(f): 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2009
tosh_acer:

- is this a right thing to do? The gospel has to be preached but when other passengers are sleeping on an international flight? what you think?>

[size=14pt]Same passengers both sleeping  and awake could be dead in the international flight as well, What do you think too?[/size]

in case u have forgotten; sosoliso airline
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by viaro: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2009
Me thinks the guy was acting on his own. Sharing the Good News is one thing, arrogantly disturbing people is quite another world. The destiny of any man does not stand or fall upon what that guy did - in fact, if he were thrown off from that flight, his own destiny at that point can't be blamed on anyone else than himself.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by jaybee3(m): 1:58pm On Oct 28, 2009
I would have taken it upon my self to slap (assault) the stupid goon (beit xtain, muslim or woteva).
Why do some nigerians think they can forcefully spread word of God into people's ears?
I hope BA ban his ass. jeez
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by PastorAIO: 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2009
kellorah:

My God!! shocked shocked shocked shocked Why would he want to add to the stress in people's lives?! They're trying to sleep for God's sake, and it's not even an hour journey. shocked shocked All in the name of God! Hmm. The guy should have been kicked out of the plane, nonsense!
viaro:

Me thinks the guy was acting on his own. Sharing the Good News is one thing, arrogantly disturbing people is quite another world. The destiny of any man does not stand or fall upon what that guy did - in fact, if he were thrown off from that flight, his own destiny at that point can't be blamed on anyone else than himself.

Talking of one hour journeys and 'arrogantly disturbing people', what is the difference between the boys behaviour and the nightmare inflicted on poor travellers whose one hour journey from Lagos to Ibadan in turned into a 3 hour nightmare by the Redeemed camp. Does not everything that applies to boy not applied to Pappy GO? Or has he got license to Nuisance?

If I could rule Nigeria by decree, I would make life so hot for those people who are so determined to make a nuisance of themselves in civil society. I have yet to think up appropriate punishments but I'll be posting my ideas once I've got them together.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by viaro: 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Talking of one hour journeys and 'arrogantly disturbing people', what is the difference between the boys behaviour and the nightmare inflicted on poor travellers whose one hour journey from Lagos to Ibadan in turned into a 3 hour nightmare by the Redeemed camp. Does not everything that applies to boy not applied to Pappy GO? Or has he got license to Nuisance?

Glad you asked; but no. The boy was obviously forcing his preaching on other passengers; whereas I don't know about the Redeemed camp (only heard about it from friends). In the one, arrogantly disturbing people is one thing; for the other, I don't know if the Redeemed camp acts in "everything" like the reported case of the boy on a BA flight.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by cvibe: 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2009
Funny!
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by r231(m): 9:02pm On Oct 28, 2009
jay bee:

I would have taken it upon my self to slap (assault) the stupid goon (beit xtain, muslim or woteva).
Why do some nigerians think they can forcefully spread word of God into people's ears?
I hope BA ban his ass. jeez

oh oh grin
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by olalekan1(m): 9:10pm On Oct 28, 2009
Was he handed over to the Police upon arrival? He must have learnt to respect peoples' right all the time. I doubt it if it can happen in a virgin nigeria plane?
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by oge4real(f): 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2009
Good for him.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by mccloud224(m): 9:18pm On Oct 28, 2009
Nna na wa ooo!

Ehh?  Dem don carry that their molue parole enter flight.Na upgrading be dat or wetin?

@Poster

Did he ask for offering at the end of the preaching or before he got whisked away?I guess he didn't get to that part.He might sue the airline for all the pounds sterling he "missed".

9ja and church sef.We are the most religious country on the planet and yet the most corrupt.Obasanjo said he was "born again" in kirikiri and yet looted the country dry to the tune of billions of dollars before he left.If you are a regular receiver of scam emails, you will notice that it usually starts with "GOOD DAY SIR/MADAM, I GREET YOU IN THE NAME OF GOOD.I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU.IT CONCERNS $$$$$$$$$$$ THAT IS IN A COFFIN SOMEWHERE IN THE BUSH. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "

Fu*cking retards!

lol
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 28, 2009
He should have been kicked out of the plane without a parachute! tongue
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by MrCrackles(m): 9:34pm On Oct 28, 2009
Who is the bastard?
Flipping nuisance. . .
He should have been kicked off mid-air! angry
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by yomijnr(m): 9:41pm On Oct 28, 2009
I mean in bus, any muslim that does that his intention is to beg just like the majority of xtrian do/

Its funny how Abuzola takes every opportunity to attack Christians.  The last time I checked, the vast majority of beggars in Nigeria are Muslims so you need to think before posting such dumb comments.

That's probably too much to ask though, because from most of your previous comments on other posts you're obviously not a very intelligent man
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by whiteroses(f): 10:00pm On Oct 28, 2009
source please
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by naijaking1: 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2009
Nigerians have been doing the wrong things for so long, that they don't even know it's wrong.
Preaching in luxury buses in Nigeria, in molue, etc has become "normal"
Do people even know it's wrong to intrude in other people's rest. shocked
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by blackweaver(m): 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2009
sharing the gospel with one person is ok so long as you're not disturbing anyone - including the person you're sharing with
but shouting at the top of your voice in an aircraft is not only wrong, it's uncivilised
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by xcapade: 10:10pm On Oct 28, 2009
Abuzola:

I mean in bus, any muslim that does that his intention is to beg just like the majority of xtrian do

Dont subscribe to being disturbed on a plane by a xtian preacher,
but im sure the passengers would rather put up with that, than know it's
a suicide bomber about to blow up the plane reciting the
lipsrsealed (that's what some religion does rather than beg )
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by xcapade: 10:14pm On Oct 28, 2009
@ yomijnr

word wink
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Abuzola(m): 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2009
Suicide bomber

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Night Vigil' Is It Bibilical? / Have You Watched Mount Zion Film Lately? / Can Objective Morality Exist Without God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.