Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? (20291 Views)

Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? / Huawei Overtakes Apple As World’s Second Smartphone Brand / Which Is The Highest Selling Smartphone Brand In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by Stevez32(m): 7:22am On Nov 18, 2016
The only tecno i know is "Alhaji techino" and yes he is popular to me, because he is my cousin.
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by lesaug: 7:23am On Nov 18, 2016
Infinix

3 Likes

Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by maximizer(m): 7:26am On Nov 18, 2016
Well I think it's Tecno undecided
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by johnwick95: 7:28am On Nov 18, 2016
I'll give it to tekno
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 18, 2016
anyone who has used xiaomi mi note 3 here? Abeg tell me how long u've been using the phone and ur experience so far
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:30am On Nov 18, 2016
Most popular this year that created a lot of buzz was definitely Infinix. After which I would say iPhone 7. Techno was so 2015.

1 Like

Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by paragon40(m): 7:31am On Nov 18, 2016
Tecno
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by paragon40(m): 7:31am On Nov 18, 2016
Technocrat
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by tintingz(m): 7:42am On Nov 18, 2016
TECNO.

Even kids know TECNO.

IPhone is only popular to people living in the city not whole Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by ritababe(f): 7:44am On Nov 18, 2016
Tecno all the way
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by dapsonlou(m): 7:46am On Nov 18, 2016
srrrr:
In terms of Durability

Apple

Blackberry

Samsung

Gionee

Tecno

Infinix

Itel

Black berry is the most durable. Lots of people are still using curve 1, I have ev remember what iphone 4 look like.
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by dapsonlou(m): 7:50am On Nov 18, 2016
skywalker240:

Taaaa, even gionee is more durable than, that dead battery berry

You are using curve 1 and you expect the battery to last. My passport bat last days if I don't us It much.
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by dumie(f): 7:52am On Nov 18, 2016
Stevez32:
The only tecno i know is "Alhaji techino" and yes he is popular to me, because he is my cousin.
Apparently, u must be living under a rock

3 Likes

Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by pxjosh(m): 7:58am On Nov 18, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
Most popular this year that created a lot of buzz was definitely Infinix. After which I would say iPhone 7. Techno was so 2015.
You just said the feakwand correct fact. For this year its infinix not tecno
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by ugochukwufrenzy: 7:58am On Nov 18, 2016
Alhaji tekno..providing quality androids at pocket friendly prices
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by oribi(m): 7:58am On Nov 18, 2016
samyomz:
Anyone heard of Lenovo k5 note?.. I'm about to buy the phone and i don't want to regret it due to the fact that Lenovo isn't a popular brand . .I'll appreciate if someone that has used it can give me a quick review about the phone

lenovo may not be popular in nigeria but outside of nigeria i.e asia,europe and america it is a superior brand..Buy and rest your mind..you will be amazed what the device can do
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by sandrahnaub(f): 8:00am On Nov 18, 2016
U see dz phone....infinix hot 1....every dick, tom and harry just dey use dz phone
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by Techm8: 8:05am On Nov 18, 2016
You pick 10 people at Random and you might not find an iPhone user among them, but you're sure to see a couple Tecno users and Samsung.
I'd say Tecno is the most popular, closely followed by Samsung.
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by oribi(m): 8:05am On Nov 18, 2016
Ebuka2016:
anyone who has used xiaomi mi note 3 here? Abeg tell me how long u've been using the phone and ur experience so far

i use a xiaomi redmi2 and also used mi4 for a while sold it due to recression grin....

xiaomi is a premium phone in china and was number one in sales in china but beaten by OPPO now..

now to your question............note 3 by xiaomi would be a blast based on my present phone n the one used in the past...my only advise buy a European edition with that you don't have does Chinese apps

there is an OTA update 24/7
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by MartinsGentle: 8:13am On Nov 18, 2016
ojonugwa25:
techno and infinix phones.but I use infinix hot 4

we didn't ask of d one u 're using try use ur brain
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 18, 2016
Another lame thread opened by Tecno paid marketers for Tecno...

Popular rubbish, after all everyone knows bokoharam, but doesn't mean event though they are popular that they are loved !!

HIV is popular for being a deadly disease doesnt mean people wants it

Tecno remains a low standard rubbish product for the poor ...

Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 18, 2016
missKiffy:
For me, I think it's Tecno mobile, even though am not a fan of the brand. Am one of those people who still don't fancy their phones because of that stereotype name "Tecno" but not to take anything away from the brand because they are actually producing good phones now, have never used their phone but from the reviews have seen of people that do,i think Tecno mobile is doing great

So Guys Which SmartPhone Brand Would You Consider As The Most Popular In Nigeria for 2016?

Popular rubbish, after all everyone knows bokoharam, but doesn't mean event though they are popular that they are loved !!

Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 18, 2016
asuustrike2009:

In terms of popularity to me is:
Tecno
Gionee
Infinix
Samsung
BlackBerry
Nokia/Microsoft

In term of quality and durability
Samsung
Tecno

G

HIV is popular for being a deadly disease doesnt mean people want it

Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by Sard(m): 8:22am On Nov 18, 2016
We're talking phone brand, you're mentioning iPhone 7, is iPhone 7 a phone brand or just a specific phone model?
When it comes to phones that people use most; it's Tecno.
Even if you consider the ones people know most, whether they use it or not; it's still Tecno.
I don't use a Tecno phone and you don't have to use one to admit these facts.
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by Youngpo413: 8:27am On Nov 18, 2016
Sinciddy:
Samsung and iPhone then Gionee no doubt.
correct guy.
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by MissSlimbody(f): 8:35am On Nov 18, 2016
skywalker240:

Taaaa, even gionee is more durable than, that dead battery berry
Apart from Battery problem, Blackberry is durable.
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by Kiady16: 8:43am On Nov 18, 2016
grin
Uchihaitaci:
Another lame thread opened by Tecno fans for Tecno...

Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by rinw: 9:04am On Nov 18, 2016
Huawei G Power
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 18, 2016
oribi:

lenovo may not be popular in nigeria but outside of nigeria i.e asia,europe and america it is a superior brand..Buy and rest your mind..you will be amazed what the device can do
the main reason why I'm scared is that there is no warranty on the phone and most phones on jumia are usually on warranty.. ..
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by FANE4Naija: 9:21am On Nov 18, 2016
A lot of people are getting it wrong here. Tecno may be the most used phone in Nigeria, but the question was about the most popular phone in 2016.
Have we all forgotten the buzz Infinix created with their Hot Notes?
I was opening this thread expecting to see Infinix, disappointed to see Tecno mentioned here and there.
In 2016, every young lady wanted a Hot Note.

1 Like

Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by ERONX(m): 9:54am On Nov 18, 2016
IPhone 7 all d way
Re: Which Smartphone Brand Is The Most Popular in Nigeria For 2016? by maasoap(m): 9:54am On Nov 18, 2016
srrrr:

Don't lie. If you've used blackberry and gionee, You'll know that BlackBerry is more durable. Don't even compare gionee asahi dragontrail glass in gionee m5 mini to bb Z10 glass, Dropping the two phones will show you that bb is far durable than gionee. It's just that bb batteries drains faster.
BB wan die! Check bellow:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blackberry Launches Nigerian Stickers For BBM (naija For Life) / Why're Telcos Converting Foreign Phone Numbers To 080 Without Users' Consent? / What Words Do You Hate Seeing On Social Media?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.