Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC (27935 Views)

12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng / 10 Cities In Nigeria Where Pidgin English Is Most Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Puvor: 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
The survey asked 5,200 people from 16 countries questions about their perceptions of cities, ranked on everything from transportation and infrastructure to demographics and livability. Question topics touched on politics, economics and social issues. PwC, a London-based audit and tax consulting network, polled participants in December 2015, before the Brexit vote.
In a recent PWC survey, London ranked No. 1 as the perceived best city in the world. London took the top spot, because people said it has a "well-developed infrastructure," is well-connected globally and has a "well-developed legal framework." The city also received high marks in education and access to capital.
Paris came in at No. 2 because of its reputation as a trend-setter. Also, people think of it as a great destination for entertainment and food.
New York City placed third because of its"economic power," entertainment, setting trends and "having a well-developed physical and technological infrastructure. "Points against this city — traffic congestion and high cost of living.Here is the official ranking:
1. London
2. Paris
3. New York
4. Amsterdam
5. Sydney
6. Berlin
7. Tokyo
8. Toronto
9. Stockholm
10. Los Angeles
11. San Francisco
12. Dubai
13. Milan
14. Madrid
15. Chicago
16. Hong Kong
17. Singapore
18. Beijing
19. Seoul
20. Rio
21. Shanghai
22. Moscow
23. Johannesburg
24. Kuala Lumpur
25. Mexico City
26. São Paulo
27. Mumbai
28. Jakarta
29. Bogotá
30. Lagos
Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/10/25/pwc-survey-people-think-these-30-cities-best-world/92717052/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by yeyeboi(m): 7:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
Ok
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by kinzation(m): 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
EKO ONI BAJE

Abeg what of OTUOKE is it among..

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by RockHard: 7:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
Now That's wassup. Haters keep off o. cool

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by devilson(m): 7:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
s.west rule others follow,soon ogun state would make the list.

some people with the head shape like back of my Samsung flatron lcd tv would come nd question the list nd create an aba made list with anambra as number one

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by checkolatunji: 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lie lie, am with the Flatinoes cos they developed Lagos. So, Aba must be included grin grin grin

Bad news for Flatinoes.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by hyprealestatemkt(m): 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
Na small small

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by afanide: 7:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
Nice one.....
Expect some particular set of people to say it's Buhari's effort

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Bifwoli: 9:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
checkolatunji:
Lie lie, am with the Flatinoes cos they developed Lagos. So, Aba must be included grin grin grin

Bad news for Flatinoes.

The OP has inverted the survey findings to fit his views.

There's no way Lagos can rate higher than Shenzhen ,Buenos Aires,Durban ,Rabat ,Melbourne,Houston and Algiers on livability and infrastructure.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Bifwoli: 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2016
afanide:
Nice one.....

Expect some particular set of people to say it's Buhari's effort

And yet another thread here quoted the same survey and the OP titled his thread "Lagos voted worst city for quality of life"

I guess different animals see the same picture but come up with differing conclusions.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by freeman95(m): 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
I don't believe it

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by orimsam: 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
freeman95:
I don't believe it
u think it is ABA or Onitsha. It should even be Owerri self.
checkolatunji:
Bad news for Flatinoes.
well we all knw the igbos developed Lagos. So Onitsha ABA and Owerri is better than lagos

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by shumuel(m): 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
Double thread or double Heading
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by cokiek(f): 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
I still dont get why people love London...as for Lagos;;;Shocking!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by blazetitov: 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
Nice . Subsequent administrations should improve and develop the city more.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by checkolatunji: 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
Bifwoli:

There's no way Lagos can rate higher than Shenzhen ,Buenos Aires,Durban ,Rabat ,Melbourne,Houston and Algiers on livability and infrastructure.

But if it was Aba that was included you would have applauded the Op Abi? Yes I guess.

Guy park well

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by gbadexy(m): 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
Good one there. It would boost investors confidence.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Ekakamba: 10:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
grin
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by holluwai(m): 10:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
Another crap. No be the Lagos wey I dey live

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by martineinstein(m): 10:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
who are these liars ? Number 1 and 30 are not worth it

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Afam4eva(m): 10:01pm On Oct 28, 2016
Actually, only 30 cities were used in the finding, so don't make it seem like Lagos scored a point as Lagos came last among the 30 cities. It's better they don't include Lagos in these rankings than put it just for us to carry last as usual.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Unimaginable123: 10:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lagos? Is Lagos even a city in the sense of it?
I have been to more than 50 cities all over the world, Lagos is nothing close to what a city looks like. Lagos is the worst city that I have been to in my life. Useless and hopeless place.
Even cotonou beat Lagos hands down. Not to talk of Accra, Gambia, Dakar, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Seychelles, Cape Verde, Tunis, Algiers, Morocco.
Haba, even in Africa, Lagos is the worst city that exists.
Been to Asia. Hong Kong, shanghai, Tokyo, Taiwan, Seoul. Many many others.
Not to talk of Europe.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Afam4eva(m): 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2016
Bifwoli:

That's because those cities were not included. I think they only used the 30 most populous cities in the world.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by checkolatunji: 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
orimsam:
u think it is ABA or Onitsha. It should even be Owerri self.
well we all knw the igbos developed Lagos. So Onitsha ABA and Owerri is better than lagos

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by obaival(m): 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
OJORO

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by NairaMaster1(m): 10:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
kinzation:
EKO ONI BAJE

Abeg what of OTUOKE is it among..

You can do better without Abusing GEJ. Many ruled Nigeria before him with worst story and are still ruling without hope. Live and let's live

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by bestspoke: 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
overpopulated sh i t hole...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by capatainrambo: 10:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
I have been to Lisbon

it's better than lagos

crappy list

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Jaymaxxy(m): 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
Eko baje ti

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Afam4eva(m): 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
Actually, PWC is a London based multi-national, so it's understandable why London will come first. In other rankings, you would see New York on top and in others, you will see Paris leading. SO, it just depends on who is carrying out the findings.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2016
Some people won't sleep tonight grin cheesy

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman And Her Child Involved In Accident In Zamfara. Do You Know Them? / FRSC Official Joins Passenger In Praise & Worship After Taking Money From Driver / Tanker Crushes A Motorcyclist, Others To Death In Rivers State (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.