Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) (1799 Views)

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help / My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag / Help!!! My Husband Has Been Sleeping With Our Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by Herlisa: 5:36am On Oct 27, 2009
MY HUSBAND OF 9 YEARS HAS A TERRIBLE DRINKING PROBLEM. I LOVE HIM VERY MUCH BUT FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS HE HAS BEEN DOING THE DR JEKYLL MR HYDE THING ONE MINUTE HE IS LOVING AND CARING BUT AFTER A FEW DRINKS HE FLIPS THE SCRIPT AND HATES MY GUTS NOT ONLY IS HE VERBALLY ABUSIVE BUT IT HAS GOTTEN PHYSICAL AND ON MORE THAN 1 OCCASION MY CHILDREN HAVE WITNESSED THIS. THINGS ARE ALWAYS BLAMED ON THE ALCOHOL BUT I'M STARTING TO THINK OTHERWISE(MAYBE HE JUST DOESN'T CARE FOR ME ANYMORE). I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO HE WON'T GO TO COUNSELING OR TO CHURCH. HE ALWAYS TRY TO ARGUE WITH ME TO HAVE AN EXCUSE TO GET LIQUORED UP
AND I AM AT MY WITS END!!!!! SHOULD I LEAVE HIM OR CONTINUE TO SUPPORT HIM? ANY ADVICE WELCOMED
Re: Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by Outstrip(f): 6:04am On Oct 27, 2009
You need to keep him away from the children until he is ready to help himself. Does someone have to tell you this? He needs to leave that house until he comes to his senses. Alchohol is not an excuse for his behavior.
Re: Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 27, 2009
leave him
Re: Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by oluenta: 9:27am On Oct 27, 2009
Leaving him is really not the best options right nw, but why not let ur folks and his have a family meeting whereby he will also be invited and you let them know the agony you are passing through, a man that lays his hands on a woman is a coward and taking to drinking is also not an excuse, ensure that the way forward is reached to a logical conclution by both families if not he might end up killing you one day, he has refuse seeing a councillor and also a pastor, thats why i suggest a family meeting.

You can also on your spare time think of when things started going wrong and see how you can make things right, the truth is that a woman is the one that makes most marriages work, TRY AND MAKE YOURS WORK, nothing God cannot perfect, WISH U GOD'S SPEED
Re: Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 27, 2009
If you are sure that talking to him hasn't worked, write him a detailed letter explaining to him how his drinking is affecting your relationship and that you believe that if there are underlying problems, you both need to sit down and talk about it.
Re: Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by Fhemmmy: 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2009
I will advice you to run, cos one day, he will be so drunk to take the gun and practice it on your skulls, so run now while you have 2 legs to do so, and pls, make sure you take the kids with you.
Good luck
Re: Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I will advice you to run, cos one day, he will be so drunk to take the gun and practice it on your skulls, so run now while you have 2 legs to do so, and pls, make sure you take the kids with you.
Good luck

Funny, but scary to think that such and worse have happened.
Re: Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by ritaNL: 3:05pm On Oct 27, 2009
Plz leave that lucifer !!!! but do you work ?
Re: Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by Spyker: 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2009
Report him to someone he truely respects, that way he will be ashamed and will certainly want to change.
On a second thought, take it to God in prayer. Somethings are spiritual and only through quiet prayers that we can overcome them.
Goodluck
Re: Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Oct 27, 2009
Spyker:

Report him to someone he truely respects, that way he will be ashamed and will certainly want to change.
On a second thought, take it to God in prayer. Somethings are spiritual and only through quiet prayers that we can overcome them.
Goodluck

Report to someone?
This is violence and not a time to be doing some yeye report
Re: Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by oluenta: 8:05pm On Oct 27, 2009
Report to someone?
This is violence and not a time to be doing some yeye report,  take am easy now, e never reach that level yet
Re: Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by Igwe9(m): 10:03pm On Oct 27, 2009
this is really a dicey situation.
you'd start by reporting him to any of his folks, whom he listens to ofcourse.
leaving could put the children in danger, unless if you can handle the responsibility of raising the children all alone.
most times, people like this look for the slightest opportunity to back their acts.
Re: Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by backspade(m): 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2009
Leave as soon as possible. If things are escalating, and your kids are involved, you need to leave. There have been to many stories like this where the woman doesn't know when to get out and a few months later we read about the husband slaughtering her and the children. Please, think of you and most importantly your children.

1 Like

Re: Help My Husband Has Two Personalities (louis/lucifer) by Herlisa: 12:57pm On Oct 28, 2009
thanks everyone for your posts****i decided to have a meeting with our families i hope that this is a big enough eye opener but if he decides not to seek help then the kids and i are g*o*n*e i love him very much but my safety as well as the our children is far more important than anything

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Negative Side Of Adopting A Child / Do You Know Your TRUE Biological Father? / Joyful Mothers In The House I Need Your Help Choosing A Potent Fertility Formula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.