Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,716 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Why Do Athiest Discriminate - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Athiest Discriminate (3477 Views)

Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion / In All, The Dullest Christian Is Still Smarter Than The Smartest Athiest / Two Questions To End A Debate With An Athiest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Athiest Discriminate by TomHagen: 11:36am On Oct 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

There is some confusion between two of you.

Are you guys talking about

-climatologists or
-rainmakers?
He averred that climatologists have demystified rainmaking, I asked him how and he's feigning indignation. Who does that?
Re: Why Do Athiest Discriminate by TomHagen: 11:38am On Oct 30, 2016
SirShifty:

Look, human activity and climate change can affect weather patterns by changing the atmospheric conditions. However, a person claiming to be a rainmaker who can influence weather by mysticism is profiting off ignorance.
Even when the people paying the money are getting what they paid for? Have you been duped by a rainmaker before?
Re: Why Do Athiest Discriminate by Pidggin(f): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
SirShifty:

You are showing an emotional bias here, if anything archeology proves very little in the Bible is factual it may mention ancient cities or customs which are accurate but apart from that the stories are certainly untrue.

The biggest fabrication in the Bible is the Israelites being slaves in Egypt, even Israeli archeologists have admitted the story is unsubstantiated. The whole story is fiction which is the main reason the Pharaoh in the Exodus story is not named, if they did people could have easily investigated the story and the truth would have come out

Stop talking rubbish read my previous post Egyptian history is incomplete
Re: Why Do Athiest Discriminate by SirShifty: 12:47pm On Oct 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

There is some confusion between two of you.

Are you guys talking about

-climatologists or
-rainmakers?
I wrote in my previous post "What happens to the faith healer and the babalawo when any poor citizen can see the full effect of drugs or surgeries, administered without ceremonies or mystifications? Roughly the same thing as happens to the rainmaker when the climatologist turns up. Same thing with God, science teaches us that we no longer have to look for imaginary supports to explain things"
Then he started defending rainmakers, those who believe mysticism influences weather.
Re: Why Do Athiest Discriminate by SirShifty: 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2016
Pidggin:

Stop talking rubbish read my previous post Egyptian history is incomplete
You claim it is incomplete because it does not fit your beliefs, the Exodus story is a myth the Egyptians never owned any Israeli slaves
The bible is mostly fiction
Re: Why Do Athiest Discriminate by orisa37: 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2016
Religion is the study of Pneumatology, Science & Arts. The scope, depth and the weaving of all materials and matters with such perfection that the Sky you see so often doesn't collapse on the Universe under and on the Deep. Just like we can only use a small proportion, about 10%, of the Brain, so is the physical to the Spirit. Religion is still seeking how to discover, recover and utilize the 90% remaining substance.
Re: Why Do Athiest Discriminate by jonbellion(m): 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
SirShifty:

You are showing an emotional bias here, if anything archeology proves very little in the Bible is factual it may mention ancient cities or customs which are accurate but apart from that the stories are certainly untrue.

The biggest fabrication in the Bible is the Israelites being slaves in Egypt, even Israeli archeologists have admitted the story is unsubstantiated. The whole story is fiction which is the main reason the Pharaoh in the Exodus story is not named, if they did people could have easily investigated the story and the truth would have come out
I was telling these creationists oo. There is little evidence of that. Several thousand years ago, a small tribe of ignorant near-savages wrote various collections of myths, wild tales, lies, and gibberish. Over the centuries, the stories were embroidered, garbled, mutilated, and torn into small pieces that were then repeatedly shuffled. Finally, this material was badly translated into several languages successively. The resultant text, creationists feel, is the best guide to this complex and technical subject
New horizon explored Pluto last year and the first manned mission to mars is scheduled for 2030. Meanwhile during this time Nigeria is "hoping" to launch a man into space
It's just sad

1 Like

Re: Why Do Athiest Discriminate by realmindz: 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
Pidggin:
You can't be an athiest if you are simple minded or mentally handicapped, you cannot be an athiest if you are not exposed to Western education

Whenever you engage an athiest in a discussion their first line of attack is your mental capacity. Is it right to discriminate against anyone based on your perceived function of an organ in his body?

They pride themselves with being intelligent by Western educational standards perhaps because without western civilization athiesm is incomplete

The irony of everything is their belief system which is still based on theories, yet they require facts from others even from those whose belief systems are based on faith.

Charles Darwin, who is their god never knew about DNA yet they still believe in most of his failed THEORIES

Many athiests have gone to their Graves still believing in someone else's theories while demanding facts from others, when will these people really understand that they are actually the simple minded ones not those who they discriminate against

In christiandom we accept all, the mentally challenged, the lame, the deaf, the blind, the captives and everyone who needs love and comfort. We will never discriminate against you even in a case of brain malfunctioning or any other unfortunate circumstance you may be suffering

Love for humanity is our mission, come as you are and you will never be rejected by true believers. If you haven't received Christ in your life, you can do so today. Accept Jesus who never discriminate and you will never regret it

You claim Christianity is about love and compassion for humanity.
do you know that a Muslim will claim likewise of his religion
That's religion for you. Everything will seem perfect from your perspective. That's religion for you.

Well let me tell you about the hypocrisy of religion.
Religion has brought division to humanity far more than u could possibly imagine.

Can you try to imagine a world of one religion and one belief in one god without a single contradiction.? just try to imagine how such world will be. imagine the peace the world would enjoy.

Well unfortunately it is not so.

Religion is doing what you have been told regardless of what is right, so men called their fellow men infidels becus they share a different belief.

Men kill for their gods
men discriminate for their gods
men hate their fellow men for their gods

now let me tell u the difference between you and I, I believe you are deluded with ridiculous beliefs., you on the other hand believe I am on the wrong side.
well, I don't believe any evil or judgment or damnation shall befall you though u are on the wrong path but you believe I am going to perish in agony of hell for eternity and I am filled with sins and shall be condemned if I do not change my beliefs and start believing what you believe.
So you try to preach to me to change me bcus of your pity for me. PITY

same with all other religions, some even wish you and I death and destruction for simply not sharing their beliefs.

Now tell me about discrimination
Re: Why Do Athiest Discriminate by jonbellion(m): 6:49pm On Oct 30, 2016
It's pointless arguing with young earth creationsts piddgin would likely tell you germ theory of disease is still a theory and it has not been proven germs cause diseases. Or that cell theory is a theory and it has not been proven that cells are the basic unit structure of all organisms. the OP doesn't even want to understand what that a scientific theory is not an assumption. That it is not the everyday use of a theory. The everyday use of a theory us is a guess. A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiments. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. But does piddgin want to listen oooh no. I explained evidence that supports the big bang but it is still a "theory". If someone doesn't want to listen to this basic explanation the person wouldn't listen for anything else
Re: Why Do Athiest Discriminate by Pidggin(f): 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
realmindz:

You claim Christianity is about love and compassion for humanity.
do you know that a Muslim will claim likewise of his religion
That's religion for you. Everything will seem perfect from your perspective. That's religion for you.

Well let me tell you about the hypocrisy of religion.
Religion has brought division to humanity far more than u could possibly imagine.

Can you try to imagine a world of one religion and one belief in one god without a single contradiction.? just try to imagine how such world will be. imagine the peace the world would enjoy.

Well unfortunately it is not so.

Religion is doing what you have been told regardless of what is right, so men called their fellow men infidels becus they share a different belief.

Men kill for their gods
men discriminate for their gods
men hate their fellow men for their gods

now let me tell u the difference between you and I, I believe you are deluded with ridiculous beliefs., you on the other hand believe I am on the wrong side.
well, I don't believe any evil or judgment or damnation shall befall you though u are on the wrong path but you believe I am going to perish in agony of hell for eternity and I am filled with sins and shall be condemned if I do not change my beliefs and start believing what you believe.
So you try to preach to me to change me bcus of your pity for me. PITY

same with all other religions, some even wish you and I death and destruction for simply not sharing their beliefs.

Now tell me about discrimination

You are so wrong about religion. It appears something evil rules you.

Religious organizations like the Red cross, Charitas, St Vincent DE paul, JDPC, orphanages, missionary schools, marters,hospitals and many more are all results of the influence of religion on mankind. These are all examples of how men love for their God, how they give for their God, how they sacrifice for their God, and how they live for their God. It is rather ridiculous that all you can see are divisions among churches

Religion has saved many lives and given many people hope in humanity

Has any discriminated against you on the bases of your bodily function e.g. Brain capacity? I often hear athiests calling people unintelligent, dull, simple minded, illiterate and so on. Must someone be learned to believe in your line of thought?

You hate religion yet I'm curious as to why you hang around here. Why stay around what you hate? Is it that you do not see the irony of what you are doing

You can be free of religion and religious people, it's all up to you. Personally I don't have issues with other religions, I only have issues with things like terrorism, child marriage etc these are things which men have done deliberately by twisting the words of their religious doctrines to suit themselves. I only feel sorry, yes pity for athiests. This is because you live without hope of a life beyond this world. The fact that I feel sorry for you doesn't mean I am discriminating, it means I care
Re: Why Do Athiest Discriminate by realmindz: 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
Pidggin:

You are so wrong about religion. It appears something evil rules you.

Religious organizations like the Red cross, Charitas, St Vincent DE paul, JDPC, orphanages, missionary schools, marters,hospitals and many more are all results of the influence of religion on mankind. It is rather ridiculous that all you can see are divisions among churches

Religion has saved many lives and given many people hope in humanity

Has any discriminated against you on the bases of your bodily function e.g. Brain capacity? I often hear athiests calling people unintelligent, dull, simple minded, illiterate and so on. Must someone be learned to believe in your line of thought?

You hate religion yet I'm curious as to why you hang around here. Why stay around what you hate? Is it that you do not see the irony of what you are doing

You can be free of religion and religious people, it's all up to you. Personally I don't have issues with other religions, I only have issues with things like terrorism, child marriage etc these are things which men have done deliberately by twisting the words of their religious doctrines to suit themselves. I only feel sorry, yes pity for athiests. This is because you live without hope of a life beyond this world. The fact that I feel sorry for you doesn't mean I am discriminating, it means I care

They accused Mr. Bell of always cursing people...
Mr Bell responded and said., "Me? who said so? may that person never prosper in life"

Btw I read your first post and I thought u were rational...unfortunately the content of this response gave u away easily. it stinks of poor comprehension and intelligence
Re: Why Do Athiest Discriminate by Pidggin(f): 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
realmindz:

They accused Mr. Bell of always cursing people...
Mr Bell responded and said., "Me? who said so? may that person never prosper in life"

Btw I read your first post and I thought u were rational...unfortunately the content of this response gave u away easily.it stinks of poor comprehension and intelligence

What's it with you guys and brain function? Once again another one insults me based on his perception of the functional capacity of my brain. A down syndrome individual cannot be athiest, a person who lacks brain function cannot be athiest, a mentally handicapped person cannot be accepted because he cannot think logically

Whereas in Christandom all are accepted, the mentally challenged, downs syndrome, psychotic, and all who lack proper functioning brains can join the children of light. We accept all and don't discriminate against them
Re: Why Do Athiest Discriminate by realmindz: 8:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
Pidggin:

What's it with you guys and brain function? Once again another one insults me based on his perception of the functional capacity of my brain. A down syndrome individual cannot be athiest, a person who lacks brain function cannot be athiest, a mentally handicapped person cannot be accepted because he cannot think logically

Whereas in Christandom all are accepted, the mentally challenged, downs syndrome, psychotic, and all who lack proper functioning brains can join the children of light. We accept all and don't discriminate against them

I am sorry to be harsh but it actually did.
ur response was irrational due to ur emotions
Go back and read my comments again.
Also, remember I said I gave a reply to u cus ur first post sounded rational... but unfortunately i was disappointed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Theme Song. RCCG 2017 Holy Ghost Congress. / Bimbo Odukoya Is In Heaven / Daily Good News!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.