Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary (41326 Views)

Vacancy: Ibom Air Set To Employ 4000 Akwa Ibomites / FG To Recruit 7,500 Graduates As Tax Advocates / Ajaokuta Steel Company To Employ 500,000 Upstream, Downstream In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by SIRJENTLE: 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
aluk:

Nigerians lack reading culture. Or should I say 'comprehension problem'? I read and re-read this piece 3 times and I still couldn't find anywhere the word 'graduate' was mentioned. I am sure you are happy with the 'thumbs up'. Take that to the bank and exchange it for Dollar!

you did not see where 'graduate' is mentioned.
but you saw 'graduands' and you did not try to find the meaning if the word GRADUAND.
my dear try to be wise.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2016
obiaguna:

Just hear yourself. So skills create jobs?
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! Skills create jobs, money is only a factor of production.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by jamislaw(m): 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2016
Estimable:
You wear your pant or boxer for one week without washing... And you took a selfie nd post on Face book.... Writing on your caption
#fresh::allday #living large #expensive me....
Brother and sister you can never see heaven,, grin
some time I use to wonder if some nairalander are really human or alien, how does your comment correlate to the matter at hand. funny though.

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by nwakibie3(m): 9:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
Is it wise to go to school in present day Nigeria and turn up a conductor?
Someone I know doesn't hve a certificate and he is d president!
Chai. ... Uwa nkea sef!
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by iukpe: 10:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
Militants get more than that.
N50,000 = $100.
What will be the preferred discipline and career path?
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by APCmyheart(m): 10:20pm On Oct 29, 2016
CR77:
We don suffer for this government hand well well cry cry

Go and set up your own business.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by APCmyheart(m): 10:22pm On Oct 29, 2016
juliusocean:
Chaii person don suffer for this government hand

Go set up your own lucrative business and employ people simple.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by PaulIdu: 11:14pm On Oct 29, 2016
jice:

You are the most hopeless literate. Resources expended on your training would have been better used to feed goats.. I can't live on my father's stipends, I don't have one anyway, neither can I become a bus conductor because there is no job.

I see you still have the mind set that society owes because you went through a university ..try and wake up please ..By the way why are you so mad at me , the BRT jobs are not for proud people like you but for those who need a platform to survive while they work out bigger dreams.. seems you will rather collect 25k in heritage bank as a teller than collect 50k as a BRT partner officer

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by spafu(m): 11:36pm On Oct 29, 2016
ajbabs:
As much as I do not like the mode of governance (which is always full of propaganda) of APC administration, I think that this is a welcome development.
For those nairalanders that are just rushing to comment, read in-between lines before you typing your comment(s). This is because some people were thinking that the who to be the bus conductors are university graduates which was not so.
Is it primary school graduates?
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by ikorodureporta: 11:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
The last time i visited LASDRI, i was told you cannot 'learn how to drive there' as in driving school, but they are training bus conductors....#SMH!
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by DICKtator: 1:03am On Oct 30, 2016
I really don't understand this.
Does the government mean conductors as what is applicable abroad and in even Lagos (BRT and LagBus) who gives tickets to commuters to board the bus or those vest wearing,flip flop battle scar hanging on a moving bus type of conductor for a graduate (although refined?)

When agbero slap them or police hassle them, they would know their true callings!!!

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Odani: 6:25am On Oct 30, 2016
CR77:
We don suffer for this government hand well well cry cry

are graduate not driving Uber taxis is it not d same 50k salary they r on?
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by MrRitchie: 6:52am On Oct 30, 2016
Okada gone, Bus/danfo next!

Come 2017/2018 there will be no more yellow commercial buses again in lag, all we will be seeing is BRT like buses everywhere with graduates as conductors. For planning to start commercial bus business I'd advance u venture your money into something else, or you use Toyota Siena for inter state

You heard it here first!
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Angelahoney: 6:53am On Oct 30, 2016
post=50603628:
Men this is derailing. This country would be burnt down one day I swear. How would you say. You want to employ graduates as conductors. Why do we have schools.

I know one government official some were thinks this is a good idea to get them off the streets bUT I consider this an insult not just to the graduates, but to the schools and its officials and also to the country in general
. It's demoralising but if you don't work, people will say you don't want to work. You'll be called lazy, proud and so on. The government should actually train graduates in employable/technical skills. This makes better sense. But they say, "half bread is better than none."
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by iukpe: 8:36am On Oct 30, 2016
There are many graduate keke, bus and taxi drivers in our nation today. No difference.
Maybe the salary should be N100k. Some people will resign their jobs and apply to work as conductors then come here to tell us the job is OK.
If you don't have a job yet, take it if you can. You can even gain some experience and confidence after a few months and start up a transportation business.
The idea to encourage some intellectual minds to go into some things we think are for uneducated persons is good. tailoring, fishing, farming, driving, security, domestic workers, butchers etc.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Octaves(m): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
the one thing that is wrong about this is targeting the jobs at graduates. its insulting. why do people go to school, to be conductors? some jobs are meant for the uneducated and this is one of them.

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by biggy26: 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2016
unmask:
if you read the same article I read, then you are the one undermining our education system

Must everything be a graduate job? Anyway, can't talk much cos I don't know ur sector or discpline. Ciao!
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by benbreeze: 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2016
Never a bad ideal na..but they should lay an example by engaging their children first..Imagine going to school and end up as a Bus. Conductor with a 50k salary and they intend making it attractive, an economics and statistics graduate plus a Msc certs.........NOW there will be B.SC BUS CONDUCTING, MSC BUS CONDUCTING...Nice one...
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by benbreeze: 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
It is just so wrong targeting this at graduates...guess B.sc is soon to be like SSCE with this in place..U know d 9ja mentality
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by ykolajide: 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2016
I think if govt can eradicate ENGLISH Speaking and written in nigeria curriculum & pay attention to mother Language people would be able to read and comprehend becos i can't imagine somebdy dat spent many years in pry,sec & high institution, would nt be able to understand this simple article,...........My thought.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by obiaguna(m): 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
blueseacats:
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! Skills create jobs, money is only a factor of production.

My friend. Skills alone doesn't create jobs. Doesn't even account for 30% of job creation. Even if skills were to create jobs, a lot of people from the Nigerian educational system don't possess such skills. Or are you talking about sewing and baking cakes? What are you really talking about?
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by obiaguna(m): 9:28pm On Oct 31, 2016
Odani:

are graduate not driving Uber taxis is it not d same 50k salary they r on?

Drivers on Uber earn much more. You can't compare Uber to this.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2016
obiaguna:

My friend. Skills alone doesn't create jobs. Doesn't even account for 30% of job creation. Even if skills were to create jobs, a lot of people from the Nigerian educational system don't possess such skills. Or are you talking about sewing and baking cakes? What are you really talking about?
Let me ask you one question, when you go for job interviews, what do they try to find out ? Let me tell you what I think they are looking for . They are just trying to find out if you have enough skills to earn them money from which they will pay you from part of it.

Like you rightly mentioned, most Nigerian graduates lack skills that's why there is a lot of unemployment, because they don't even understand that what the employers a looking to buy is that supposed skill that is in their head, of which in case of most Nigerian graduates, there is none.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 01, 2016
SIRJENTLE:

you did not see where 'graduate' is mentioned.
but you saw 'graduands' and you did not try to find the meaning if the word GRADUAND.
my dear try to be wise.

So to you, the word 'graduand' means ONLY a university or polytechnic graduate? And in context, is that what was even suggested by that write-up? For your info, a welding or carpentry apprentice who finished his apprenticeship is also a graduand. It is never too late to enrol in some night classes ASAP.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by obiaguna(m): 1:02am On Nov 02, 2016
blueseacats:
Let me ask you one question, when you go for job interviews, what do they try to find out ? Let me tell you what I think they are looking for . They are just trying to find out if you have enough skills to earn them money from which they will pay you from part of it.

Like you rightly mentioned, most Nigerian graduates lack skills that's why there is a lot of unemployment, because they don't even understand that what the employers a looking to buy is that supposed skill that is in their head, of which in case of most Nigerian graduates, there is none.

That's a whole new argument and you are right. As per your initial statement, skills doesn't create businesses alone. Money is more than a factor of production. You need money to execute. You need money to keep going (skills actually come into play here cos skills helps translate ideas to end results that leads to sales anf revenue). You need money to sustain a business. You need to have money to actually start. If people that had skills have enough money to execute their ideas they'ld leave whatever company they are now and chase their dreams but there's no money so they keep their day jobs. So when you make statements like use the skills you learnt in university to create jobs then you are not entirely correct cos Nigerian universities doesn't even prepare one for entrepreneurship unlike the foreign schools and that's solely the fault of a mediocre government. My guy your skills won't create jobs/businesses. You can feed with your skills but how do you grow when you can't scale or even start. Don't play yourself.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by ishaqladele: 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2016
Most of the ppl here cannot read or don't really know the meaning of graduate.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
waShine:
Can you sell a atleast 12 Cans of this product per day in your State? You will be given a golf car to market it, you will be discounted with #45,000 to fuel and maintain the car, the car will become yours if you sell upto 3600 Cans within 12 months.

HOW:

All you need is to afford a rotating #105,000.00, you'll be supplied with a product worth #150,000.00.

You'll pay #3,000.00 non-refundable registration fee.

You will provide a financial accreditable guarantor - he or she will be probed for benefit of doubt.

251, MAMMAGA STREET, OPP. NNPC DEPOT, MAIDUGURI ROAD, KANO. GSM: 08039145980
E-mail: ips.2009.ida@gmail.com.

Is this product for washing cars?

Wow Job After A Big Disapointment. / Police Recruitment: Senate Receives Names Of Successful Candidates / Share Your Experience - Dpr Aptitude Test 2017

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136