Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis (4883 Views)

Have I Committed The Unforgivable Sin? - Paul Ellis / When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis / Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:28pm On Oct 29, 2016
“To the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.” (Eph 1:6, NKJV)

We are accepted “in the Beloved.” Some take this to mean we are only in the kingdom because we have a friend in high places. This is misleading. It’s like saying, “God can’t stand you personally but as a special favor to Jesus he’ll pretend he can’t see you.” I know, it’s silly. Yet some Christians are worried sick that if God knew the secrets of their hearts he would kick them out in a heartbeat. In order to avoid detection they maintain such a low profile you could mistake them for pancakes.

Others wear masks because they fear rejection. “If you knew who I really am, you wouldn’t love me.” Well guess what. God knows you better than you know yourself and he still loves you.

Genuine acceptance is based on knowledge. You can’t truly accept someone unless you know them and God knows you. He knows everything you have ever done and everything you will ever do. He knows your darkest secrets and every skeleton in your closest. He knows what you did last summer and what you’re going to do next winter. And despite knowing all this, your heavenly Father still loves you like crazy.

You may be worried that you will disappoint God. It’s not going to happen. It is literally impossible to disappoint an all-knowing God. When you make a mistake you may surprise yourself—“I can’t believe I did that”—but God is never surprised. Since nothing you do ever catches God off guard, rest assured that you can never disappoint him. When you stumble he responds with unaffected grace: “I knew you were going to do that, but don’t worry, I still love you.”

Jesus knew ahead of time that Peter was going to deny him and yet Jesus didn’t reject Peter. Instead he loved him and prayed for him. Jesus knew ahead of time that Judas would betray him and yet Jesus didn’t reject Judas. In the very act of betrayal Jesus called him “friend” signaling that even in that dark moment the door of acceptance remained wide open.

We don’t deserve any of this. We have done nothing to merit his favor. If anything, we have done plenty to warrant his displeasure. Yet Jesus reaches out to a sinful world and says, “Open the door and invite me in for dinner
.”

Jesus’ acceptance is mind-boggling. It’s like nothing on earth.

https://escapetoreality.org/2012/10/09/what-if-i-disappoint-god/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:08am On Oct 30, 2016
morning
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by Fantastic2m(m): 6:28am On Oct 30, 2016
May his grace be sufficient for us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:12am On Oct 30, 2016
Fantastic2m:
May his grace be sufficient for us
amen...

2 Likes

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 30, 2016
Singing awesome God...
(awesome God)
MiGhty God (mighty God)
Oh, you are highly lifted up... Awesome God
Oh, you are highly lifted up.. .mighty God

2 Likes

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by kazyhm(m): 7:17am On Oct 30, 2016
your knowledge of God is subjective

its largely depend on what you want to say and what you want people to hear

yes you can never surprise/disappoint HIM but he EXPECT fruit from a tree HE created ?

until we really understand the motive behind religion, simple as it may, until then shall we be free

one thing religion taught me is

"what you say or do is very important but your approach is far more important"

therefore, no matter what your intentions are, your presentation is key

5 Likes

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by jimoholuyemi3(m): 7:18am On Oct 30, 2016
That one not stop him from been God
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by nanizle(m): 7:19am On Oct 30, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by serverconnect(m): 7:19am On Oct 30, 2016
you are on ur own nah. cool cool cool
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by obembet(f): 7:23am On Oct 30, 2016
We have disappointed him already, that is why he sent BUHARI to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by Odunharry(m): 7:23am On Oct 30, 2016
cool
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by nanizle(m): 7:24am On Oct 30, 2016
[quote author=jiggaz post=50610174]... “God can’t stand you personally but as a special favor to Jesus he’ll pretend he can’t see you.” I know, it’s silly....

https://escapetoreality.org/2012/10/09/what-if-i-disappoint-god/[/quote

Yeah you're right. Religion can be quite silly.

You may be worried that you will disappoint God. It’s not going to happen. It is literally impossible to disappoint an all-knowing God. When you make a mistake you may surprise yourself—“I can’t believe I did that”—but God is never surprised. Since nothing you do ever catches God off guard, rest assured that you can never disappoint him. When you stumble he responds with unaffected grace: “I knew you were going to do that, but don’t worry, I still love you.”
But I'll still send you to hell for eternity! Christian logic undecided Silly!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by sakalisis(m): 7:25am On Oct 30, 2016
cool
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by trueking: 7:27am On Oct 30, 2016
Thanks OP, am on my way to Salvation Ministries port Harcourt, see you guys later.

1 Like

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by eezeribe(m): 7:34am On Oct 30, 2016
See jamb question, abeg ask SIMI
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by mrvitalis(m): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2016
Lol religious people are funny.. What about the disappointments he disappointed his followers

This generation will not pass before this things come to pass (he was talking to his followers about his second coming)

He even promised to come back before all of them dies... We still they wait
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by hopefulLandlord: 7:38am On Oct 30, 2016
hmmm
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 30, 2016
www.exposingchristianity.com

We are Gods our selves. Break away from this mental mind slavery.
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 30, 2016
Be not deceived, God is not mocked.. He's Omniscient.

1 Like

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 30, 2016
Nicely put...Thank God for Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by HopeAlive14(m): 7:50am On Oct 30, 2016
What if I disappoint God?

1. I must realize that I have disappointed God

2. I must ask Him to forgive me

3. I must believe that He has heard my prayers and forgiven me.

4. I must endeavor, by His grace not to repeat the error again.

1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (KJV)

4 Likes

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by snadguy007(m): 7:52am On Oct 30, 2016
obembet:
We have disappointed him already, that is why he sent BUHARI to Nigeria
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:54am On Oct 30, 2016
Mighty is His name
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by atoleybaba(m): 7:58am On Oct 30, 2016
mrvitalis:
Lol religious people are funny.. What about the disappointments he disappointed his followers

This generation will not pass before this things come to pass (he was talking to his followers about his second coming)

He even promised to come back before all of them dies... We still they wait
who told u that prophesy isn't full filled yet? It has come to pass. Jesus is back Buh Christiandom are expecting a physical come back. When he is back already ruling as king of the kingdom of God.u want more explanation? When you see any jehovah's witness in ur area welcome them in and u will be given full detailed explanation or visit our website jw.org
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by BackToLife: 8:04am On Oct 30, 2016
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by Goldenheart(m): 8:11am On Oct 30, 2016
sad
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by buchilino(m): 8:18am On Oct 30, 2016
[quote author=nanizle post=50619303][/quote]
WATS IN UR HEART WEN U DECIDE 2 FOLLOW CHRIST.
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by chiedu7: 8:20am On Oct 30, 2016
NOBODY CAN CHALLENGE GOD!

Romans 9:20
Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by buchilino(m): 8:21am On Oct 30, 2016
HopeAlive14:
What if I disappoint God?

1. I must realize that I have disappointed God

2. I must ask Him to forgive me

3. I must believe that He has heard my prayers and forgiven me.

4. I must endeavor, by His grace not to repeat the error again.

1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (KJV)

MY BROTHER, U HAVE SAID IT ALL. PPLE CAN FOOL OTHERS, BUT IN D END, DER CONSCIENCE WILL JUDGE ALL ON D JUDGEMENT DAY.

1 Like

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by MuttleyLaff: 8:26am On Oct 30, 2016
30“Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “this very night before the rooster crows twice, you will deny Me three times.”
31But Peter kept insisting,
“Even if I have to die with You, I will never deny You.”
And all the others said the same.

- Mark 14:31

54So they arrested Jesus and led him away to the chief priest's house. Peter followed at a distance.
55Some men had lit a fire in the middle of the courtyard. As they sat together, Peter sat among them.
56A female servant saw him as he sat facing the glow of the fire. She stared at him and said, "This man was with Jesus."
57But Peter denied it by saying, "I don't know him, woman."
58A little later someone else saw Peter and said, "You are one of them."
But Peter said, "Not me!"
59About an hour later another person insisted, "It's obvious that this man was with him. He's a Galilean!"
60But Peter said,
"I don't know what you're talking about!" Just then, while he was still speaking, a rooster crowed.
61Then the Lord turned and looked directly at Peter.
Peter remembered what the Lord had said:
"Before a rooster crows today, you will say three times that you don't know me."
62Then Peter went outside and cried bitterly.

- Luke 22:54-62

Its impossible for an Omniscient, Omni-know-everything to be and/or get disappointed
Case in point, Jesus was not DISAPPOINTED, when or after Peter DENIED Him three times

1 Like

Re: What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis by nemich59: 8:30am On Oct 30, 2016
OP are you Jehovah witness?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Rev Father Mbaka Of Nigeria Believe In The Rapture Of The Church? / Online Vitual Ifa Divination Website. Need Content Providers. / VIDEO - Demon Possessed Man Bites Head Off Live Chicken In TB Joshua's Church!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.