Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? (6387 Views)

Ongoing FG Road Projects In The South-East In Pictures / Absence Of Auditor- General May Stall Government’s Bid To Borrow $29.96b / Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by obailala(m): 6:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
This thread is in response to the thread below which state the south-east zone was totally excluded from all planned project to be financed by the $29.96 billion foreign loan:
https://www.nairaland.com/3434857/federal-government-leaves-out-south

After reading through the report in the thread above and digesting the contents (including comments), some questions have been going through my mind.
Below is an extract from the report:

Infrastructural Projects ($18.3 billion)

- Mambil­la Hydro Electric Power Project ($4.8 billion)

- Lagos to Calabar Coastal Railway Pro­ject: Calabar to Port-Harcourt Segment ($3.5 billion)

- Lagos-Kano Railway Project: Lagos to Ibadan Segment ($1.3 billion)

- Lagos-Kano Railway Project: Kano to Kaduna Segment ($1.1 billion)

- Abuja Mass Transit Rail Project Phase 2 ($1.6 billion)

Balance of $11 billion Breakdown

- Eurobond ($4.5 billion),

- Federal Govern­ment Budget Support ($3.5 bil­lion)

- Social Support for Educa­tion and Health ($2.2 billion)

- Agriculture ($1.2 billion)

- Economic Management and Statistics ($200 million).

A very quick look through the list above shows that the projects are purely projects that benefit Nigeria as a whole, not any particular section of the country. I may be wrong on this assumption and would be glad if someone can prove me wrong.

If the all important 3050mw Mambilla Hydro Dam project in Taraba state is completed, it would single-handedly almost double Nigeria's power generation capacity and to the best of my understanding, the 3050mw produced will not be distributed only in the north (would be nice if someone can tell me I am wrong on this assumption).

Secondly, one begins to wonder whether the all important Calabar to Lagos Rail would not also be used by Nigerians of south eastern origins. This very rail connects the Calabar Seaport and the Onne Seaport in Port-Harcourt, and the last time I checked, the rail goes through the industrial city of Aba and connects Aba to the 2 most important Port cities in the south. Reading through the comments on that thread, I never knew Aba had been erased from the South-East geopolitical zone of Nigeria (I would be glad again if someone tells me my knowledge of geography is outdated).

Taking a look the other items on the list from the Eurobond to the Budget support, the Education/health/Agriculture support funds, I still wonder how it was concluded that these interventions funds would not be beneficial to the common man from the south-east.

In summary, could it just be that some divisive persons have chosen to deliberately distort information to deceive hordes of gullible persons and promote their political ideologies?

cc: Uduak2019, Clinton9000, DickDastardly, SamuelAnyawu, mrvitalis, izombie, Keneking etc

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:33pm On Oct 29, 2016
cry cry cry cry
Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by BankeSmalls(f): 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
Tales by the moonlight.
Why not get the coal in Enugu to power the light and give power to the whole middle belt?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by sainty2k3(m): 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
Why do u have to stress ur self this much. It doesn't matter what is done or not done wailers must wail

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by BankeSmalls(f): 6:44pm On Oct 29, 2016
sainty2k3:
Why do u have to stress it self this much. It doesn't matter what is done or not done wailers must wail

No need to defend the indefensible, Nigeria will always be cursed with wrong and nepotism tendencies.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by modath(f): 6:47pm On Oct 29, 2016
OP,

Great citizen you are, unfortunately you are beating the grave of a dead horse..... Some people have an objective, one way or the other, they will twist anything to fit into their narrative...

You are also on the money on this...

..... some divisive persons have chosen to deliberately distort information to deceive hordes of gullible persons and promote their political ideologies?

End of story..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by sainty2k3(m): 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2016
BankeSmalls:

No need to defend the indefensible, Nigeria will always be cursed with wrong and nepotism tendencies.

We are saying the same thing, we'll always be sentimental. The project benefits the whole Nigeria. Why do we have to start talking of southeast exclusion, very soon North central too will come and say their own

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by BankeSmalls(f): 6:50pm On Oct 29, 2016
modath:

OP,

Great citizen you are, unfortunately you are beating the grave of a dead horse..... Some people have an objective, one way or the other, they will twist anything to fit into their narrative...

You are also on the money on this...

End of story..

The way some people reason?

2 Likes

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by BankeSmalls(f): 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2016
sainty2k3:

We are saying the same thing, we'll always be sentimental. The project benefits the whole Nigeria. Why do we have to start talking of southeast exclusion, very soon North central too will come and say their own

Of course, the whole fulani chiefs of all the security forces are working for the whole country na? Abi? grin

7 Likes

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by BankeSmalls(f): 6:53pm On Oct 29, 2016
There is no reason for this defence of rubbish. The ppl of the south east are sure this will happen. Only a matter of time.

If this had happened in my south west region, the whole region will be crying by now.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by blackpanda: 6:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
BankeSmalls:
Tales by the moonlight.
Why not get the coal in Enugu to power the light and give power to the whole middle belt?

The world is moving away from coal. It is a disastrous energy source that is bad for the environment

16 Likes

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by BankeSmalls(f): 6:55pm On Oct 29, 2016
blackpanda:

The world is moving away from coal. It is a disastrous energy source that is bad for the environment

And yet, many world powers are using it still?

20 Likes

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by DEXTROVERT: 7:05pm On Oct 29, 2016
why
does
out
Of
Every
IGBO
I
meet
hates
Buhari
and
prays
for
his
government
To
fail
and
yet
Wants
the
Lion
Of
Benefits

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by Cooly100: 7:06pm On Oct 29, 2016
blackpanda:

- Lagos to Calabar Coastal Railway Pro­ject: Calabar to Port-Harcourt Segment ($3.5 billion)
- Lagos-Kano Railway Project: Lagos to Ibadan Segment ($1.3 billion)

Why won't we ever have Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Markudi-Abuja segment...Only an evil person will not see how successive government have been working very hard to remove the SE from anything they are doing...This is despicable. What part of the loan will be used for the federal roads in the SE, that are worse in the federation?

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by Keballl: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
blackpanda:

And Yet Dangote is planning to build a coal powered plant.

Coal and gasoline, which one is causing more emission of the green house gases globally!

6 Likes

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by modath(f): 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2016
BankeSmalls:

The way some people reason?

Has & will always remain rocket science to your sort. cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by ThumbzTNA(m): 7:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
modath:

And every other reasonable person in the world

2 Likes

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by TimeManager(m): 7:19pm On Oct 29, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
cry cry cry cry
Samu Alawun grin cheesy
Kiss the truth!
Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by dunkem21(m): 7:20pm On Oct 29, 2016
Keballl:

And Yet Dangote is planning to build a coal powered plant.

Coal and gasoline, which one is causing more emission of the green house gases globally!

Oga, you get time to educate zombies ..

You would've moved on when he opined that the world has moved on without coal ..

People wey we suppose dey brainstorm with cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by nwabobo: 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
why
does
out
Of
Every
IGBO
I
meet
hates
Buhari
and
prays
for
his
government
To
fail
and
yet
Wants
the
Lion
Of
Benefits

Why does Buhari hate 10 out of every 10 Igbos?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by TimeManager(m): 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2016
BankeSmalls:
Tales by the moonlight.

iPod blood must be running in you. I doubt your omoluwabi.
Kiss the truth!

14 Likes

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by vedaxcool(m): 7:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
mischief makers trying to wipe SE into a frenzy.

2 Likes

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by dunkem21(m): 7:28pm On Oct 29, 2016
On the topic, the FG deliberately left out the SE on projects ..

What baffles me though is that people are still surprised with this trend after we all heard about 97/5% Dy/Dx differentiation cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by Clerverly: 7:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
Beating A Dead Horse! IPOB Vandals ARE FOOLS!

End Of Story!

7 Likes

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
I'm as confused as a virgin undergoing cesarean section.

I've read countless numbers of time on this forum how SS/SE are one and indivisible.

Since they are so united why the fuss, is not for the betterment of Biafra? undecided

When there is a problem with the economy, Yorubas are blamed for voting in Buhari, but when its time to allocate projects Igbos will remember that Buhari is the president of Nigeria as a whole.

17 Likes

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by Keballl: 7:33pm On Oct 29, 2016
dunkem21:

Oga, you get time to educate zombies ..

You would've moved on when he opined that the world has moved on without coal ..

People wey we suppose dey brainstorm with cheesy

Oga mi, these zombies dey alarm me no be small. Them must defend nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by TimeManager(m): 7:35pm On Oct 29, 2016
modath:

Wailing is a rocket science to them, they can't even understand Wailing. They don't have the q-wail-ity to wail.
Kiss the truth!

7 Likes

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by hisgrace090: 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2016
No matter what the Igbo's ought to be remembered as a member of this entity called nigeria
Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by TimeManager(m): 7:40pm On Oct 29, 2016
5℅ simply means negligible minority, so does their entitlements.
Obey the truth!

5 Likes

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:40pm On Oct 29, 2016
I thought these people are biafrans and not Nigerians...why weeping? Are they this confused?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? by dunkem21(m): 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
Keballl:

Oga mi, these zombies dey alarm me no be small. Them must defend nonsense!!

This book is recommended to help your fight wink

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Boycott The Upcoming Nationwide Protest / Thugs Set Fayemi Campaign Office On Fire (photos) / SCAM ALERT: Relief Disbursement Collation Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.