Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) (100148 Views)

Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan. / Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production / Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Following(m): 12:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

The brooding room was designed for 100 chicks but since the temperature of the room is still within the 35 degree temperature, I left it that way. I will get another room thermometer to be sure.

I have changed the feeders to trays this morning and these chicks could be stubborn. Scattering the feed by their legs and still scavenging for that elusive meal.

What I did with when I raised my broilers two years ago was that I expose them to sun during the day by raising the sack covering the house.

I see these young chicks sunbathing in the sun. It's the same with this noilers.
saw this b long time ago

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
Following:
saw this b long time ago
How do you use this? Where do you get it?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Following(m): 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2016
smiley
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Following(m): 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2016
We made it on our own when dad was into poultry mainly layers(we don't have space anymore). it is simple to make with just pvc pipe of at least 4", saw and the the angle connector. we use heated nail to create a hole which has ropes for hanging. someone bought ours a long time ago so i cant show u the pics
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2016
Following:
We made it on our own when dad was into poultry mainly layers(we don't have space anymore). it is simple to make with just pvc pipe of at least 4", saw and the the angle connector. we use heated nail to create a hole which has ropes for hanging. someone bought ours a long time ago so i cant show u the pics
grin
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Following(m): 2:25pm On Nov 03, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

grin
i guess u can do it now!i will get more info from dad when he z bk, but i can still remember that it was nt used during their first week,don't knw why

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
Day 6 and 7: Prococ (1ml) administered in 750ml of water to be consumed within the day, then switch to ordinary water
later in the day.
Update

The dosing method not working for Prococ drug. The noilers look dehydrated this afternoon and I am beginning to wonder whether it's an overdose.

The right dosage should be 1g or ml per 1500ml. Tomorrow will have to administer 0.5g per 750ml to see. This style only works on vaccine for poultry when you have to use small water to allow the chicks take all medication within a short period of time.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
Day 8: Multivitamin

Multivitamin (powervit) administered and will be administered tomorrow too. Pictures of Day 8 coming up.

Scary thing today, I saw a deadly green mamba near my poultry house. I used CHLORPYRIFOS 480GM/L. MODERN INSECTICIDE mixed with DD FORCE. DICHLORVOS 100% diluted with very little water and poured on the snake. The snake however ran away and i know it will not be surviving the ordeal as i have killed a lot of snakes this way. It was hanging and trying to sneak into one side of the poultry house after i chased it from my tap area which always have water in the house runoff.

Hoping to see the dead mamba somewhere around the house tomorrow to allay my fears. I
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2016
Day 9: I administered Multivitamin and went organic in the evening

I administered water with bitter leaf extract and left it till morning. Bitter leaf is known to treat coccidiosis in poultry.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
Day 10: Lasota 200 dose administered in 3.75 litres this evening.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by ham2real: 7:51am On Nov 07, 2016
when should I start given my broiler finisher feed? 10week old
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 07, 2016
ham2real:
when should I start given my broiler finisher feed? 10 week old
Immediately. Broilers should be on finisher from five weeks.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by ham2real: 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
is it five week before selling?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Total cost was 4465 broken down as follows
50 noilers=4000
Transport=400
Access bank online gateway=65

How are your noilers doing?

Negbani Achile, good evening. Please how much do they sell doc (pullet)? Where can I get in Lokoja, let me compare with the amount its being sold here (Ajaokuta)?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

Negbani Achile, good evening. Please how much do they sell doc (pullet)? Where can I get in Lokoja, let me compare with the amount its being sold here (Ajaokuta)?
Layers? Minimum here is 50 and was at 13000-15000 two weeks ago but you can purchase online or direct from Amo hatchery which is cheaper.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Layers? Minimum here is 50 and was at 13000-15000 two weeks ago but you can purchase online or direct from Amo hatchery which is cheaper.

I don't understand the 50 you wrote above.

What is the address in Lokoja? Will Amo transport it down here, Ajaokuta is I placed an order?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

I don't understand the 50 you wrote above.

What is the address in Lokoja? Will Amo transport it down here, Ajaokuta is I placed an order?
What are you looking for?
Minimum of 50 chicks if buying broilers, noilers or layers.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

What are you looking for?
Minimum of 50 chicks if buying broilers, noilers or layers.

Layers. Minimum is even above 50. Where can I source for doc in Lokoja or online and it will reach my location within 3 days or a week?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

Layers. Minimum is even above 50. Where can I source for doc in Lokoja or online and it will reach my location within 3 days or a week?

I have a supplier near my house that order from Chi farms or I can give you a direct amo hatchery contact number or purchase online here www.poultryplaza.com

You may need to come to Lokoja to get your order. Order should be delivered in 1-3 days Max.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

I have a supplier near my house that order from Chi farms or I can give you a direct amo hatchery contact number or purchase online here www.poultryplaza.com

You may need to come to Lokoja to get your order. Order should be delivered in 1-3 days Max.

Thanks. I really appreciate. I will preferred the supplier near your house. Your address? Coming to Lokoja won't be a big deal, for Lokoja is my second home.

Modified:
Amount per bird?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

Thanks. I really appreciate. I will preferred the supplier near your house. Your address? Coming to Lokoja won't be a big deal, for Lokoja is my second home.

Modified:
Amount per bird?
I will help you find out now.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:24pm On Nov 07, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
I will help you find out now.
Thanks. Patiently waiting...
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

Thanks.
Patiently waiting...
N14,000 per 50 layers (isa brown). I will send you the number anytime you are ready.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
Day 11: Powervit (1ml) administered in 2 litres of water this evening to stay overnight.

I will be giving them bitter leaf extract tomorrow and will try to make fermented guinea corn meal for them next week.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2016
Day 14: 51 Noilers Pictures

I notice something about noilers. They waste too much food. I had to put a flat plastic tray under their food tray to see the waste these little chicks generate.

They also popo a lot. This litter was changed about three days ago. Its already full again. I have to change it tomorrow morning and expand the room to its full length.
Maybe i am overfeeding, I dont know.

Noilers are just different from broilers. They tend to dig into their food just like local indigenous chicken. angry

1 Share

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by jfkenny(m): 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

I notice something about noilers. They waste too much food. I had to put a flat plastic tray under their food tray to see the waste these little chicks generate.

They also popo a lot. This litter was changed about three days ago. Its already full again. I have to change it tomorrow morning and expand the room to its full length.

Noilers are just different from broilers. They tend to dig into their food just like local indigenous chicken. angry

Nice one

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 9:18pm On Nov 10, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

In fact, the thing tire me. Noilers sabi waste food ehn! Instead of just eating the thing, they will be scattering it. And they can poo ehn! Poo in their water...poo in the food...poo everywhere. And they can fear ehn! When they reach like 4 weeks...any small unusual sound like this, na stampede. I just like them cos they never die. Even if they are very sick, they will not die.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by chrisj2(m): 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2016
Can I just ask why the heavy cocktail of medicines and supplements? If these Noilers are supposed to be closer to free range types, surely they should be able to survive without all the drugs? (I know they are kept indoors and that does not help...).

They cost you #80 each and you will raise them for about 12-16 weeks or more... So how much do you expect to sell one unit (noiler) to break even? A[b]nd more importantly do you have a selling price in mind already?[/b]
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2016
chrisj2:
Can I just ask why the heavy cocktail of medicines and supplements? If these Noilers are supposed to be closer to free range types, surely they should be able to survive without all the drugs? (I know they are kept indoors and that does not help...).

They cost you #80 each and you will raise them for about 12-16 weeks or more... So how much do you expect to sell one unit (noiler) to break even? A[b]nd more importantly do you have a selling price in mind already?[/b]

Hmm! You do have a point there. I have two sets of Noilers...51 each...the first set are 9 weeks, and the second set are 4 weeks. Apart from Vitamins I give them once in a while, I don't give them any drugs at all. And they as healthy as ever. As long as you can keep Noilers living environment clean, they don't really need much drugs.

2 Likes

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
chrisj2:

Good observation there. My wife was also complaining of that too.
I didnt want to take any chances but my next trial will only take gumboro, lasota vaccines only.

The vaccination schedule on the page is same as broilers.

I am currently experimenting with organic leafs like bitter leaf to replace keproceryl, aloe vera and dry moringa leafs to replace antibiotics and also known to treat newcastle, etc.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by phillings247: 9:21am On Nov 11, 2016
can noilers be used for egg production or would layers be best
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
phillings247:
can noilers be used for egg production or would layers be best
Yes but layers will lay more eggs.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Two Giant Snakes Attack Owner For Attempting To Carry Their 251 Eggs (Video) / What Do You Give Your Broilers To Grow Faster? / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.