Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:55 PM

My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) (99372 Views)

Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan. / Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production / Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
When you can administer Admacine + Polidine for 5 days and vaccinate.
EMMAACHILE:
My noilers having pox on their comb (about 4) and i had to buy some drugs for them yesterday
Poxcure=N600
Gumbocine=N250
Lytavite Plus Dextrose (multivitamin)=N800
total= N1650

This is to be taken for 5 days.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 17, 2017
Turks:
2500? shocked

Oga, shine your eyes. You can still get at the rate of 1600. Quote me any day.
That is the price here in Lokoja. Do you have for supply? From which of the hatcheries?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
Turks:
When you can administer Admacine + Polidine for 5 days and vaccinate.
Are you saying I will still need to vaccinate?
I know Gumbocine is a good alternative to Admacine. Gumbocine also have some antifungal work too.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
Yeah we supply. We still supplied last week. Though the birds are scarce but they're available if you know where to look; the minimum we supply is 10. From a reliable hatchery sir. Trust us.
EMMAACHILE:

That is the price here in Lokoja. Do you have for supply? From which of the hatcheries?

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by austino01(m): 11:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
HELLO FELLOW NAIRALANDER'S WHO ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A PIG FARMER AND BECOME A MILLIONAIRE BEFORE THE END OF 2017.
Hi all, My name is Austin am a pig farmer in OYO STATE Nigeria, i live in both U.S and Nigeria and i run a medium TO LARGE pig farm in Nigeria and have decided to help Nigerian youth get out and make millions this 2017. Have created a whats app group that is ongoing now where pig farmers and interested people gain knowledge to start their business, this group is absolutely free of charge so you have nothing to loss but more to gain and you can exist the group anytime you feel. so send me a request @+14042549461 and you will be add to the group remember knowledge is power. 2017 is your year to join the millionaire train. DON'T BE LEFT OUT.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by AdlatWorld(m): 7:15am On Jan 19, 2017
[quote author=EMMAACHILE post=52887870][/quote]

Thanks
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by willian10: 10:45am On Jan 19, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

It's a traditional practice farmers in my area use to sweeten and toughen meat of turkey and chicken broilers.

They feed cracked maize with their food during a period of at least 14 days. Some use up-to 25 days.

You might google the term corn fed chicken to give you a thought on this.
Which feed is the best to give growing white Agric cockerel?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 19, 2017
willian10:

Which feed is the best to give growing white Agric cockerel?
Depends on the age

1-8 weeks = chick mash
Above 8 weeks = grower

I advise most people to avoid cockerels cos of the high cost of feed for a period of more than 20 weeks.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by willian10: 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Depends on the age

1-8 weeks = chick mash
Above 8 weeks = grower

I advise most people to avoid cockerels cos of the high cost of feed for a period of more than 20 weeks.
They feed on kitchen waste as time goes on
Broilers wahala too much cry

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2017
willian10:

They feed on kitchen waste as time goes on
Broilers wahala too much cry
cheesy cheesy
If the cockerels are not many, no problem about the feeding but when you have up-to 50, then you will know kitchen waste would not be enough.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by capsule(m): 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2017
willian10:
They feed on kitchen waste as time goes on Broilers wahala too much cry
how do u mean bro... cuz I intend to start broiler biz in a couple of week
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by willian10: 8:58pm On Jan 19, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

cheesy cheesy
If the cockerels are not many, no problem about the feeding but when you have up-to 50, then you will know kitchen waste would not be enough.
Lol, 50 keeh grin
This one na backyard breeding oo lol, not more than 15 for family consumption
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by willian10: 9:03pm On Jan 19, 2017
capsule:

how do u mean bro... cuz I intend to start broiler biz in a couple of week
Broiler is the best breed for business, high demand, 3 months cash.
But in my case, I chose cockerels because I won't give them 100% attention like broilers, u know urs is for business so u give them 100% attention
If u wan start breeding na 4 weeks own u should goan buy oo
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by capsule(m): 7:30am On Jan 20, 2017
willian10:

Broiler is the best breed for business, high demand, 3 months cash.
But in my case, I chose cockerels because I won't give them 100% attention like broilers, u know urs is for business so u give them 100% attention
If u wan start breeding na 4 weeks own u should goan buy oo

thanks man
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by risingcare: 9:32pm On Jan 21, 2017
RISING BROILERS FARM

Well Vaccinated Broilers for sale
1KG broiler = 800 naira
2KG broiler = 1,600 naira
3KG broiler = 2,400 naira
4KG broiler = 3,200 naira

Whatsapp: 09085019702
Satisfaction guarantee only at Rising Broilers Farm

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Trueigbo: 1:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
emma, please update the house with pictures of the Noilers,
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
Trueigbo:
emma, please update the house with pictures of the Noilers,
I will do when i get home
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2017
Day 89

I had to switch to grower feed as the females are already singing the laying song. They are almost thirteen weeks already and I almost lost one again due to what i suspect is coccidiosis.

Currently on E.S.T mix WSP and Toltra oral to take care of any sickness.

The fowl pox is gradually subsiding after treatment with the appropriate drugs.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Trueigbo: 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Day 89

I had to switch to grower feed as the females are already singing the laying song. They are almost thirteen weeks already and I almost lost one again due to what i suspect is coccidiosis.

Currently on E.S.T mix WSP and Toltra oral to take care of any sickness.

The fowl pox is gradually subsiding after treatment with the appropriate drugs.

you mean the birds are singing at 13wks.....wow thats great. please update us with picture and body weight....cheers
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 25, 2017
Trueigbo:

you mean the birds are singing at 13wks.....wow thats great. please update us with picture and body weight....cheers
I will do that likely later today. Nobody at home to hold and take shots of the weight.

Scale is always close to the house.

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 8:54am On Jan 26, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I will do that likely later today. Nobody at home to hold and take shots of the weight.

Scale is always close to the house.

Which one is "the laying song?" How do you recognize that? And are you planning to start feeding them layer mash?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2017
kayo80:

Which one is "the laying song?" How do you recognize that? And are you planning to start feeding them layer mash?
It's a familiar song by female chicks when laying. It sounds like quah quah quah

For now, it has to be grower feed. I don't think I might keep them for long but if I do, I might have to give layer mash at week 22 onwards.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 6:39pm On Jan 26, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

It's a familiar song by female chicks when laying. It sounds like quah quah quah

For now, it has to be grower feed. I don't think I might keep them for long but if I do, I might have to give layer mash at week 22 onwards.

Hmm! Interesting. The smallest of my female Noilers started making that sound this morning. Let's see how it goes.

If I may ask, why do you plan to give them layer mash at week 22 onward? Layer mash is more expensive than grower feed. I would like to see pics of your birds. I sold two of my male Noilers today...2.2kg and 2.1kg in size.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by aquila3: 7:20pm On Jan 26, 2017
kayo80:

Hmm! Interesting. The smallest of my female Noilers started making that sound this morning. Let's see how it goes.

If I may ask, why do you plan to give them layer mash at week 22 onward? Layer mash is more expensive than grower feed. I would like to see pics of your birds. I sold two of my male Noilers today...2.2kg and 2.1kg in size.
pls sir i want to ask if noiler's look like normal layer's egg
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 26, 2017
aquila3:
It's the same
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by aquila3: 7:36pm On Jan 26, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
It's the same
thanks sir
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 8:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
aquila3:

I have no idea. I have never seen Noilers egg before.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 26, 2017
kayo80:

I have no idea. I have never seen Noilers egg before.
My neighbour use to collect their eggs daily. The eggs are large

She raised the male to 4kg at about 20 weeks and the hens were laying from the 14th week

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

My neighbour use to collect their eggs daily. The eggs are large

She raised the male to 4kg at about 20 weeks and the hens were laying from the 14th week

Great.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2017
Day 93
Picture taken yesterday. I am yet to take their weights. I will do as soon as possible for this week

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by austino01(m): 9:44pm On Jan 28, 2017
Are you among the Nigerian youth that is ready to make good money this 2017, if that is you,please join 100's of youth getting full knowledge on pig farming and getting help to become their own boss before the end of the year Lots of money to be made in this business let me show you how and you will not be disappointed. send me a request on whats app +14042549461 and i will add you to the group don't be left out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry / Two Giant Snakes Attack Owner For Attempting To Carry Their 251 Eggs (Video) / What Do You Give Your Broilers To Grow Faster?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.