Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others (7276 Views)

The Bakare Family: Canada To Deport Nigerian Family, The Bakares / See Photos Of Akwa Ibom Air Flights Awaiting Delivery From Canada To Nigeria / Canada To Deport Asylum Seekers Who Walked In From The U.S. Illegally(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 30, 2016
I saw this shared post on facebook and also decided to share it here as it may inspire one or two people landing in canada as PR soon.

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 30, 2016
Some comments from the shared page.

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by HQuadreal: 6:32am On Oct 30, 2016
All is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by Lucasbalo(m): 7:31am On Oct 30, 2016
Where's the husband. Hope she's not raising those kids by herself because it will be very tough on her. Anyway, good luck to her.
Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by sunnydayasaba(m): 7:41am On Oct 30, 2016
Am glad there all getting employed. How about some Nigeria that remain here after schl have nothing to show for it. No job, no career path cus of finance. Obodo oyibo is not easy no doubt, but I think Nigeria is worst and harder.

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 30, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Where's the husband. Hope she's not raising those kids by herself because it will be very tough on her. Anyway, good luck to her.
I thought of that as well. Even those with spouses to support still find it incredibly difficult. Most immigrants usually start settling in well into the system in 3-5 years irrespective of whether they change career or not. She is doing alright though even without being a full lawyer yet.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2016
Nigeria is not better.
Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by dasparrow: 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
Lucasbalo:

The husband is perhaps deceased. There are many widows out there raising their kids all alone with God's help.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by dasparrow: 3:02pm On Oct 31, 2016
sunnydayasaba:
Am glad there all getting employed. How about some Nigeria that remain here after schl have nothing to show for it. No job, no career path cus of finance. Obodo oyibo is not easy no doubt, but I think Nigeria is worst and harder.

Exactly. At least they are finding paying jobs. Here in Nigeria, even some of us who have jobs are not seeing the salary. The Nigerian employer will keep owing you several months of salary, its frustrating. That being said, I can relate to what the writer was talking about. I once worked in a call center albeit in America. The callers were very rude, some were bigots while others would harass you if you didn't speak with an American accent. Working at a call center is generally stressful. I hated the job and every Sunday evening, I will become depressed because I had to be at work on Monday to be yelled at yet again by frustrated American callers. Indeed, living abroad ain't easy but it gets better with time. Living in Nigeria on the other hand takes the special grace of God especially if you are not well connected or are poor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by Ademat7(m): 5:21pm On Oct 31, 2016
All info here are true
Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by otitokoroleti: 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
dasparrow:

Exactly. At least they are finding paying jobs. Here in Nigeria, even some of us who have jobs are not seeing the salary. The Nigerian employer will keep owing you several months of salary, its frustrating. That being said, I can relate to what the writer was talking about. I once worked in a call center albeit in America. The callers were very rude, some were bigots while others would harass you if you didn't speak with an American accent. Working at a call center is generally stressful. I hated the job and every Sunday evening, I will become depressed because I had to be at work on Monday to be yelled at yet again by frustrated American callers. Indeed, living abroad ain't easy but it gets better with time. Living in Nigeria on the other hand takes the special grace of God especially if you are not well connected or are poor.
U don finish naija? chai! anyway I think its time 4 me to leave naija

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by maternal: 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2016
So she got/getting rewarded by her hard work.
Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by davidif: 5:07pm On Feb 05, 2017
Great topic. Lalaticlala FP abeg o.
Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by justicia: 8:04pm On Feb 05, 2017
Very true! I am a lawyer from Naija too. I practiced for about 5 yrs before coming to Canada. I just fished my Masters in Law at Osgoode Hall Law School. I paid for it working 2 jobs - bakery and furniture coy. Now prepn for my lawyer licensing exams. life abroad isn't easy, but hard work, humility, tolerance and dedication pays. Above all however, pray for the grace of God to lead you. It is well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by aariwa(m): 8:33pm On Feb 05, 2017
She wants to take the nigerian mentality of you dont want to work hard but you are willing to enjoy the goodies that comes from an organized country.she is on a long thing or maybe she is daydreaming.Bottom line is that true success is never easy anywhere

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 05, 2017
justicia:
Very true! I am a lawyer from Naija too. I practiced for about 5 yrs before coming to Canada. I just fished my Masters in Law at Osgoode Hall Law School. I paid for it working 2 jobs - bakery and furniture coy. Now prepn for my lawyer licensing exams. life abroad isn't easy, but hard work, humility, tolerance and dedication pays. Above all however, pray for the grace of God to lead you. It is well.
My woman got her license to practice in just over 2 years. Those days were tough despite her 4.6/5 cgpa bsc and 4.8/5 cgpa Msc from two top federal uni's in Nigeria ...She's a pharm though and not a lawyer. Some of her colleagues even with Phds from canadian Uni's were not so lucky as there is a limited number of attempts on the exams. I dont know the level of difficulty for law practitioners, but I wish you sucess and spirit of excellence as you prepare for your licensing exams.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by justicia: 9:56pm On Feb 05, 2017
shinarambo1:

My woman got her license to practice in just over 2 years. Those days were tough despite her 4.6/5 cgpa bsc and 4.8/5 cgpa Msc from two top federal uni's in Nigeria ...She's a pharm though and not a lawyer. Some of her colleagues even with Phds from canadian Uni's were not so lucky as there is a limited number of attempts on the exams. I dont know the level of difficulty for law practitioners, but I wish you sucess and spirit of excellence as you prepare for your licensing exams.
Thanks mahn! The bar exam here is only 3 attempts too, if person no make am na bye bye to law practice be that. but I believe God go do am. Thanks once again!

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 06, 2017
dasparrow:

What's all this talk about being well connected to survive in Nigeria? It's a big lie, I know several people who got jobs without being well connected.
Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by chimah3(m): 2:37pm On Feb 06, 2017
At least there is hope in obodo oyibo after all the struggle....

In Nigeria, you will struggle and die hungry...!!!

All these people that claim abroad is tough should just shut up! It is tough if you are lazy and have no planned goals!!

You cant have spent your 20's in Nigeria and finally travel abroad and have the mouth to say life is hard there....please just shut up or come back and get it shut up like 2face undecided undecided

Why cant she save up and go to school and get a higher degree and get a better job...

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by chimah3(m): 2:42pm On Feb 06, 2017
Pidgin2:

What's all this talk about being well connected to survive in Nigeria? It's a big lie, I know several people who got jobs without being well connected.

If it worked for 2 out of 20 people...its fair to say jobs are not given on credit in Nigeria but on who you know! The "GOOD" jobs i mean!!

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2017
chimah3:

If it worked for 2 out of 20 people...its fair to say jobs are not given on credit in Nigeria but on who you know! The "GOOD" jobs i mean!!

It worked for a lot of people I know. It's not just two out of 20, why do you guys peddle falsehood like this?

If you have applied for multiple jobs and cannot get one then you need to check yourself.
Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by maternal: 3:21pm On Feb 06, 2017
Pidgin2:

It worked for a lot of people I know. It's not just two out of 20, why do you guys peddle falsehood like this?

If you have applied for multiple jobs and cannot get one then you need to check yourself.

This happens at a higher degree in naija than most places. That's the point.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by melicent: 7:31pm On Feb 06, 2017
maternal:

Good day, sorry for disturbing you, I sent you a pm here but no response, I really want to discuss somethings with you, sorry for disturbing you again .
Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2017
maternal:

Lies.
Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by GetUmad: 10:50pm On Feb 06, 2017
NIGERIA can complain! chai! !!

See as they are complaining of racism and being shouted at as a call centre agent. meanwhile , they never stayed 3 yrs searching for that (unlike what's obtainable in naija which is also most times a last resort for frustrated graduates ) and at least it was able to pay bills at the end of the day.

So what then do you want those Nigerian graduates to say who got call centre jobs working their ass off under Indians with a meagre pay (that could hardly cater for transport and feeding), horrible working conditions with constant INSULTS AND CURSES from frustrated Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by maternal: 11:33pm On Feb 06, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lies.

Get real. Illiterates are in positions which needs a degree. That's unheard off in developed nations.

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by malel1: 5:33am On Feb 07, 2017
shinarambo1:
I saw this shared post on facebook and also decided to share it here as it may inspire one or two people landing in canada as PR soon.

Please what is the stress in what u passed through?
Are u expecting to working overseas with nigeria toilet certificate?

You are really funny come back to 9ja were after schooling u don't get job, after working how many hours, u come home to meet no light, heat, no water then u will understand.
Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 07, 2017
malel1:

Please what is the stress in what u passed through?
Are u expecting to working overseas with nigeria toilet certificate?

You are really funny come back to 9ja were after schooling u don't get job, after working how many hours, u come home to meet no light, heat, no water then u will understand.

i don't know what you mean, but i actually worked in Nigeria too and wasnt doing bad before i relocated. What is it about Nigeria that i dont know.lol.
Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by Ekpekus(m): 7:45am On Feb 07, 2017
Make.I dey observe this thread as e dey go... grin
Who wear show nai know where dey pain dey come from.
Re: A Nigerian Writes About Are Experience In Canada To Inspire Others by Ekpekus(m): 7:46am On Feb 07, 2017
shinarambo1:

i don't know what you mean, but i actually worked in Nigeria too and wasnt doing bad before i relocated. What is it about Nigeria that i dont know.lol.
My yoga, I go like make we relate o. How you see am na? Unto PM things

(1) (Reply)

Amazing!! Sand Sculpture At Copacabana Beach In Rio De Janeiro. Photo / Any Good Clubs For Nigerians In The UK? / Before You Sleep In Any Hotel In Nigeria !!! - Read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.