Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975105 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ANIT1: 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2017
sexymj:

Hi. I just got here on monday. I flew turkish @34+ wks. I got a git to fly 4rm my doctor but the turkish officials in Nigeria asked me to get fit to fly from port health.
I advise u wear loose clothing as well, although i wasnt disturbed @istanbul.

Thanks a lot for the response. did you got it a day before or on your travel date from port health.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drfdee: 12:03am On Feb 23, 2017
Good day to Adorable Mum nd Dad,please dis is urgent does anyone know any affordable hospital nd Dr in NY.thanks in anticipation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by missexiest: 12:21am On Feb 23, 2017
Hello all,I applied for renewal of my visa by dropbox but was called for interview n denied.The consular asked how i got such discount n i explained to him that its because am self pay,he checked henrico drs hosp website n insisted i used county assistant which i didn't.I went with all my bills,receipts n zero balance.How else do I prove that I didn't use any government or county assistant and should I reapply asap or chill till am ready to travel in may?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 12:25am On Feb 23, 2017
missexiest:
Hello all,I applied for renewal of my visa by dropbox but was called for interview n denied.The consular asked how i got such discount n i explained to him that its because am self pay,he checked henrico drs hosp website n insisted i used county assistant which i didn't.I went with all my bills,receipts n zero balance.How else do I prove that I didn't use any government or county assistant and should I reapply asap or chill till am ready to travel in may?

was this lagos or abuja?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by missexiest: 12:27am On Feb 23, 2017
nefertitiram:

was this lagos or abuja?
Abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 12:29am On Feb 23, 2017
missexiest:

Abuja

I suspected.

This is the reigning thing in Abuja now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 6:02am On Feb 23, 2017
nefertitiram:

I suspected.

This is the reigning thing in Abuja now

Na wa o. Why? Or does it have to be by the way you speak to them? Mehn if na me I'll tell you to call them if you're in doubt coz if you deny me I'm appealing and complaining about your ass!
How affordable is this Henrico btw? Make I know if I should port lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mayorsboo: 6:37am On Feb 23, 2017
missexiest:
. This is exactly my issue, they said it's impossible to get such discount, I reapplied 3 more times and it's same thing, Infact at my last interview, the lady said ok, but that my new hospital is too cheap (Dr. Mbagwu and St. Francis), that it is impossible to get that quote from a hospital in California. I ve given up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mayorsboo: 7:05am On Feb 23, 2017
olaboss:
Gud afternoon to u all @ dere5 I hail oo am here again person wai the ask questions no the miss road ooo abi na. My dd is June i'll be travelling by may 2017 DH is not going with me as he will be in UK then, a close friend is offering me a helping hand by accommodating me, getting a child birth center for me which she says will be cheaper as she is going to use her account to get more discount for me base on sister level, my issue now is, she said they will accept me to have my baby there fine but they cannot not send me doctor's approval letter until am there
1. If am bn call for f 2 f interview at the embassy what will I say? (I.e after sending letter of intent since my initial visa was based on visitation )
2. What will I tell or present at poe if I v bn asked if I v contacted a doctor (she is the one making every arrangement for me)
3. Can I use her as my sponsor since everything is going to be through her act? Can I also get her account details to show I can afford all my bills? How much cash can I have on me (Tho DH is going to send money tru her account)
4. Will they ask me why my sponsor is not DH? (We both have same visa also my son and now I will be going alone) if they ask me watin I go tok?
5. At 37 weeks will Nigeria immigration allow me to fly

PLEASE OOOOO AM CLUELESS HELP ME!! Thanks.
I ll advise you do your thing by yourself since your husband is paying, let your friend help you with only accommodation, don't let her cajole you into using her account for anything, it might put you in trouble at the long run. I am having issues renewing my visa now cos of something similar, my husband's aunt works in a hospital and she gave us a quote of 7500 for VD, we gave her the money. She said it includes everything, but alas we kept getting bills for lab which was up to an additional 1500, finally she gave us a receipt of 5500 citing that she had to buy gifts for some pple at the hospital to get the discount. Now my zero bal statement shows I paid 5500 and got a discount of about 8000. The VOs at abuja think it's impossible for to get that kind of a discount no matter who she is at the hospital. The hospital has written and all but my visa was still denied. You can imagine how I feel after spending close to 10k. So please get a doctor and hospital yourself to avoid stories that touch.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayokunle07(m): 7:44am On Feb 23, 2017
Hospital is Emory Midtown. Doc is Tates. We have not booked an air ticket yet (hoping to have the airlines drop fares with sales). Due in Aug, travelling in July.

We would have done TX too but Atlanta is where we have accommodation.

Are you also planning to go to Atlanta? What info do you have already?

Shawbabe:

Abeg what airline is she using? Cost? For when?
Finally what hospital is she using? Accommodation?

Too many questions, I know. Sorry just hoping that this one folks are running to Tx that I'm not missing something.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 7:52am On Feb 23, 2017
Ayokunle07:
Hospital is Emory Midtown. Doc is Tates. We have not booked an air ticket yet (hoping to have the airlines drop fares with sales). Due in Aug, travelling in July.

I used Atlanta for my 1st in 2015. If u check my posts, I detailed out everything even as far as how to get baby's documents. I used Northside Atlanta though. I'm considering Tx now or even the cheap VA coz dollar is not smiling now. But if what I find is in the ball park of what Northside charges, I'll continue with them. Want to travel in April, due in May. Still looking for cheap ticket sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mel403: 7:58am On Feb 23, 2017
Good morning beautiful mums, honestly I've been reading a lot of the posts here and they are quite enlightening. Great job . please I have some questions directed to the general house. Anyone with similar experience should let me know.
1) will it be possible to get my visa approved as my passport bears my maiden name, marital status single and my son(1yr 7months) has a passport that bears his fathers surname. I'm a 5th year medical student and intend to take my son for medical treatment
We have done our traditional wedding and the white will b coming up in December invitation cards are already out. I had my son when I was in my 4th year in sch.
2) what documents do I need to go withand which ones can i use to show strong ties here in nigeria.
3) what are the likely questions I could be asked.
4) which hospital can I contact to get correspondence
5) how do I make a budget does it have to be typed by me? A picture of one will go a long way to help. Thanks love.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:24am On Feb 23, 2017
missexiest:

Na wah o! All those Tarant county people in Texas,pls take note. I'm so,so confused now with all these stories,even with zero balance and all they still did not believe you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:38am On Feb 23, 2017
mayorsboo:
I ll advise you do your thing by yourself since your husband is paying, let your friend help you with only accommodation, don't let her cajole you into using her account for anything, it might put you in trouble at the long run. I am having issues renewing my visa now cos of something similar, my husband's aunt works in a hospital and she gave us a quote of 7500 for VD, we gave her the money. She said it includes everything, but alas we kept getting bills for lab which was up to an additional 1500, finally she gave us a receipt of 5500 citing that she had to buy gifts for some pple at the hospital to get the discount. Now my zero bal statement shows I paid 5500 and got a discount of about 8000. The VOs at abuja think it's impossible for to get that kind of a discount no matter who she is at the hospital. The hospital has written and all but my visa was still denied. You can imagine how I feel after spending close to 10k. So please get a doctor and hospital yourself to avoid stories that touch.

I don't think your husbands aunt was being totally honest with you guys,you get discounts in American hospitals because you are paying cash,na which one be buying gifts for some people again? That one na naija style na. Na which kind gifts she buy with a whole $2,000 na motor abi na 6o inch Lcd Tv? I'm so,so upset with this your aunt inlaw jist.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladee1: 9:23am On Feb 23, 2017
mumzt:

Good development. Dollar will crash soon. Bank rate is 316. And gbp is 396.

Amen!

Pls which Bank is 316/#

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladee1: 9:30am On Feb 23, 2017
chichi93:
Hi guys. Abv been a silent reader for some time! Please am a July mum and DH and I are on a tight budget for our missionary journey. Please I need options for very affordable hospitals (less than $5k for all d hidden and unhidden hospital bills) nd accommodation so that I can see the one I wld use and shop for baby Biko! Any additional tip wld help. Am considering Houston for now but if Deres a cheaper state, am open! Thanks!

Please share this info with me when u have it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by missexiest: 9:40am On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=Babatwi post=53974738]
Na wah o! All those Tarant county people in Texas,pls take note. I'm so,so confused now with all these stories,even with zero balance and all they still did not believe you.

The tin just tire me o,two pregnant women were denied in front of me yesterday.A lady that had her zero balance was also denied ,she told the consular that she was going on vacation for 2 weeks n ended up using the visa to have her baby n spent 3 months.It is well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dtush(f): 9:49am On Feb 23, 2017
Mel403:
Good morning beautiful mums, honestly I've been reading a lot of the posts here and they are quite enlightening. Great job . please I have some questions directed to the general house. Anyone with similar experience should let me know.
1) will it be possible to get my visa approved as my passport bears my maiden name, marital status single and my son(1yr 7months) has a passport that bears his fathers surname. I'm a 5th year medical student and intend to take my son for medical treatment
We have done our traditional wedding and the white will b coming up in December invitation cards are already out. I had my son when I was in my 4th year in sch.
2) what documents do I need to go withand which ones can i use to show strong ties here in nigeria.
5) how do I make a budget does it have to be typed by me? A picture of one will go a long way to help. Thanks love.

Hi, i dont know too much but i will answer you to the best of my knowledge
1. I applied for my visa with a passport that bears my maiden name, which i have not changed till date, and i have traveled twice with the passport. Once while i was pregnant and second time with my family.
2. Have u contacted a hospital that is willing to take on ur son's case? Its important to have a mail correspondence showing communication btw the hospital and yourself
3. Even though i went with my marriage cert for my visa application, i was not asked for it. But u can go with the IV for the white wedding, pictures and all
4. You shld prepare a budget sheet showing your expenses, the naira and dollar equivalent. Your statement of account shld also show that u can afford it. On the safe side, have a million or so above expenditure amount in ur account. For the budget sheet, just use ur excel. Column one; Expenditure type eg hospital bill, accommodation cost, feeding, airfare etc. column 2 Naira at N510, the amounts in front of the expenditure type, column 3 the dollar equivalent. I dont have one anymore but u can search the thread esp part 1 n 2
5. For the likely questions, u might get asked y u are taking him out of the country for treatment and not using any hospital here, so u will need to get a referal letter preferably from a general hospital

U can pm,lets not clog up the thread has this thread is for a different purpose. Wishing your son God's divine healing

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 10:38am On Feb 23, 2017
mayorsboo:
. This is exactly my issue, they said it's impossible to get such discount, I reapplied 3 more times and it's same thing, Infact at my last interview, the lady said ok, but that my new hospital is too cheap (Dr. Mbagwu and St. Francis), that it is impossible to get that quote from a hospital in California. I ve given up.
So this is the latest now. And I want to do Dropbox. Hmmm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mayorsboo: 10:48am On Feb 23, 2017
Babatwi:

I don't think your husbands aunt was being totally honest with you guys,you get discounts in American hospitals because you are paying cash,na which one be buying gifts for some people again? That one na naija style na. Na which kind gifts she buy with a whole $2,000 na motor abi na 6o inch Lcd Tv? I'm so,so upset with this your aunt inlaw jist.
My sis I just tire, it's not like we didn't have the money o, why are we buying pple gifts when we can pay, if I had gone to El Paso I won't spend as much as 10k but I didn't want to be a rebel. Now look where it has landed me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 11:00am On Feb 23, 2017
mayorsboo:
My sis I just tire, it's not like we didn't have the money o, why are we buying pple gifts when we can pay, if I had gone to El Paso I won't spend as much as 10k but I didn't want to be a rebel. Now look where it has landed me.

Kpele,totally feel you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ojceskills(m): 11:07am On Feb 23, 2017
Please August Moms to Houston...If you have any details on cheap flights kindly share please..I have been searching all the airlines i can think of at intervals but the prices are still really high....If you get info on any promo or something, kindly share with the house.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 11:09am On Feb 23, 2017
mayorsboo:

Ndo oh. I feel you on that whole rebel thing. Read your story to my husband and he said if it was him, he'll fight the aunty himself lol cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ojceskills(m): 11:16am On Feb 23, 2017
Well i think you will need to go with the child's birth certificate and a consent letter from the child's dad.Your marital status doesn't really stop them from granting you a visa if you meet all requirements and have your document (you could also go with the wedding invitations and pictures for extra comfort)

You also need to provide a document that shows you are a 5th year medical student so to show your are engaged here in Nigeria and most importantly prove that you can pay all your bills.

You will need doctors referrals from Nigerian hospital and correspondence from the hospital the child intends to use in the US(budget sheet, appointment confirmation, bills quoted etc) search the thread for child birth budget sheet and edit it to fit your purpose (or use an excel and create one)

The hospital to contact depends on which state you wish to go to, your budget for this trip and medicals, the kind of treatment your child is seeking...etc

Just have all the documents you think will help, make sure you have the funds and be confident

All the best

Mel403:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ojceskills(m): 11:23am On Feb 23, 2017
If we knew it all..I dont think we would be on this forum trying to rub minds and empowering each-other with information. I agree sometimes people do not make efforts to search out stuff themselves but that is no excuse to make someone feel daft.....

Shawbabe:

Still can't believe your question is for real. Anyway you've answered your question.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cfcchick: 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
Ayokunle07:

Please if u find any cheap ticket please sir/ma carry me along. Due in August, wanna travel in July! Using Emory/Dr tate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 12:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
I heard on radio that Airfrance will be having sales between 1 to 3 March that interested persons should walk into the office in port Harcourt for it.
I don't know if it is applicable to other states too.

cfcchick:

Please if u find any cheap ticket please sir/ma carry me along. Due in August, wanna travel in July! Using Emory/Dr tate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 1:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
#340-$1 is what the embassy is using for now so dont go shooting up your expenses
dtush:

Hi, i dont know too much but i will answer you to the best of my knowledge
1. I applied for my visa with a passport that bears my maiden name, which i have not changed till date, and i have traveled twice with the passport. Once while i was pregnant and second time with my family.
2. Have u contacted a hospital that is willing to take on ur son's case? Its important to have a mail correspondence showing communication btw the hospital and yourself
3. Even though i went with my marriage cert for my visa application, i was not asked for it. But u can go with the IV for the white wedding, pictures and all
4. You shld prepare a budget sheet showing your expenses, the naira and dollar equivalent. Your statement of account shld also show that u can afford it. On the safe side, have a million or so above expenditure amount in ur account. For the budget sheet, just use ur excel. Column one; Expenditure type eg hospital bill, accommodation cost, feeding, airfare etc. column 2 Naira at N510, the amounts in front of the expenditure type, column 3 the dollar equivalent. I dont have one anymore but u can search the thread esp part 1 n 2
5. For the likely questions, u might get asked y u are taking him out of the country for treatment and not using any hospital here, so u will need to get a referal letter preferably from a general hospital

U can pm,lets not clog up the thread has this thread is for a different purpose. Wishing your son God's divine healing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
mayorsboo:
U have spoken well,because a lot of people didnt spend that much and still renew their Visa. Moreover the discount of 8000usd is too much even in our lay man's eyes and u made a very big mistake by giving her the money to pay for u without following her and making sure she paid everything. If she is sincere,why didn't she take u along while paying the money and buying those gifts. As a naija lady,u suppose to know that whenever someone tells u to hand over your money to him/her to be paying for u on your behalf while u are there,that something is fishing. U should have shine your eye well well,because all these visa denials u are going through now is not her business. God will still restore your visa for U & u should be careful next time and learn to do your things by yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 1:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
chibertha:
I heard on radio that Airfrance will be having sales between 1 to 3 March that interested persons should walk into the office in port Harcourt for it.

I hope this sale makes good sense and applies to other cities.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ANIT1: 1:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
chibertha:

Biko do you mean like walk into their PHC office Asian now or until the 1 to 3 March please clearify me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 2:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
Na as I hear am for radio I talk am.
Call the office or stay tuned to your local radio channels in phc if you are there. before the end of the day the jingle will be aired again
ANIT1:

Biko do you mean like walk into their PHC office Asian now or until the 1 to 3 March please clearify me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.