Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975154 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 2:25am On Mar 24, 2017
shakidude:
Hello all, I would like to share my experience with you. Sorry for the long post.
While in line, a VO was interviewing a pregnant lady and asked for d receipt of previous birth. She provided it and when she saw $4000, asked if it was vaginal or CS, the lady said vaginal and the VO replied while shaking her head and in a sarcastic way "why so low"? The lady replied, ehm! I got a discount, and the next thing, sorry you are not qualified at this time.

That is actually very low. That is less than what most middle class families pay in insurance premiums per annum!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 2:31am On Mar 24, 2017
@ TribeD Can you please give me the contact # of your Obstetrician and hospital you used? Also, I'd like to know the estimated bill. Thank you

tribeD:
I have been an ardent reader of this thread and must say it has been very very useful, Am not a registered member so using a friend's sign on. In the spirit of giving back, I flew with Emirate to Houston this week at 34 plus.

I was confused on the new policy of 32 weeks before my travel date, so I went to thier office for clarification. There I was advised to fill the MEDIF form on thier site and send it to medalos@emirates.com. I also attached the one page fit to fly "who it may concern" form from thier site. The two documents must be signed and stamped by your doctor/ hospital.

This should be done about a week before your travel date. Called them later when i did not get a feedback and was told it's been included in my booking that I am pregnant and fit to fly.

On the day of travel, was asked for my fit to fly both in Lagos and Dubai. They also asked if I needed any help (wheelchair or attention) cause my profile says I do. Though in the form I submitted, I had said no. I was also given preferential treatment.

I hope this helps to clear the air on the new Emirate policy.

POE Experience

CBP: Why are you here?
Me: Childbirth and Vacation
CBP: What do you do?
Me: Told him my job and role?
CBP: How do you intend to pay?
Me:  I have paid in advance and brought out my bill and receipts
CBP: I have never experienced that before and seemed very surprised.
CBP: Looked through and calculated the total amount, was comfortable and said this is assuming it's normal Delivery
Me: yes.
CBP: Is this your first time in US?
Me: No, was here last year
CBP: How long did you stay?
CBP: 8 days for family vacation
Goes through my passport to confirm.
CBP: How long do you plan to stay now?
Me: 8 weeks
CBP: Reads through my application on the system
CBP: You will stay in an hotel?
Me: Yes, I don't have any family there.
CBP: Is there no health care in Nigeria?
Me: There is but US has better health care.
Stamps me in.

Collected my bags, no inspection and went straight to my connecting flight terminal location using the free tram service at the airport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 7:44am On Mar 24, 2017
olalekan111:
Hello House,

My wife is due in June and we are planning to travel in April for childbirth. I'd really appreciate if someone (with experience) can give me an obstetrician's contact/ Hospital contact in Texas with a reasonable fee. I need this urgently as our trip is fast approaching and I'd like to make necessary payment ASAP.

Thank you.

Read through the thread, as it's "urgent"

Texas is the most discussed and used State on this thread. Not to mention Tx is big. There's El paso, Dallas, Houston, Arlington etc. These places have all been discussed here with prices and quotes. Put in work and READ THROUGH THE THREAD. grin

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:49am On Mar 24, 2017
Well said
Shawbabe:

Read through the thread, as it's "urgent"

Texas is the most discussed and used State on this thread. Not to mention Tx is big. There's El paso, Dallas, Houston, Arlington etc. These places have all been discussed here with prices and quotes. Put in work and READ THROUGH THE THREAD. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 8:05am On Mar 24, 2017
TWoods:

That is actually very low. That is less than what most middle class families pay in insurance premiums per annum!

Heyyyyy!!!! You are back! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mandex11: 8:19am On Mar 24, 2017
good morning alllllllll. ..

please when you want to register for hospital/doctors letter is it advisable to use the banking mobile app or just go straight into the bank and do the transaction.

please just want to know which is safer since its to the states. thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 24, 2017
@nefertitiram

Hello nefertitiram,

I and my DW have a B1/B2 US Visa. She was pregnant at the time

of interview and the VO didn't ask about that so we didn't

mention it. We told him we were going on vacation. Now, I want

her to birth in the US and I don't want any POS issues or future

visa denial due to misinterpretation or misuse of visa. She's 24

weeks now and I'm thinking we can go on vacation now and

come back in 2 weeks as we stated. And then she can leave for

childbirth before/on 30 weeks.

(I just hope they won't think the trip is for childbirth before its

obvious she is pregnant, although I plan to pay upfront for the 2

weeks hotel bills before the trip) PLEASE ADVISE. Your urgent

response will be gladly appreciated. My email is .

Thank you.

nefertitiram:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 24, 2017
@TribeDan

Hello TribeDan,

Sorry for my wahala o! I just need to speak out if I really need help. I and my DW have a B1/B2 US Visa. She was pregnant at the time of interview and the VO didn't ask about that so we didn't mention it. We told him we were going on vacation. Now, I want her to birth in the US and I don't want any POS issues or future visa denial due to misinterpretation or misuse of visa. She's 24 weeks now and I'm thinking we can go on vacation now and come back in 2 weeks as we stated. And then she can leave for childbirth before/on 30 weeks.

(I just hope they won't think the trip is for childbirth before its obvious she is pregnant, although I plan to pay upfront for the 2 weeks hotel bills before the trip) PLEASE ADVISE. I have read a lot on NL and still reading and most people say a "letter of change of intent" doesn't work anymore. Your urgent response will be gladly appreciated.

Thank you.

olalekan111:
@ TribeD Can you please give me the contact # of your Obstetrician and hospital you used? Also, I'd like to know the estimated bill. Thank you

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mrsbaby: 8:52am On Mar 24, 2017
Good morning people. I dont know if anybody has had this experience. The hospital i intend to use in MD refered me to a doctor who i called and gave me his bill. I asked for email correspondence i could show at POE but doc said he doesn't do email ans I should just give them his phone number. Guys please could this be a challenge?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vivicious: 9:31am On Mar 24, 2017
Please how soon can I write a change of intent letter and how long does it take the embassy to reply. Thanks for your prompt responses
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 10:05am On Mar 24, 2017
olalekan111:
@nefertitiram

You are spamming the thread with the repeated requests.

Since you said you are going for your vacation, go for your vacation and come back.

Then go for birthing after.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 10:09am On Mar 24, 2017
anonymousmum:

You are spamming the thread with the repeated requests.

Since you said you are going for your vacation, go for your vacation and come back.

Then go for birthing after.

Lol it's urgent grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oppaxy: 10:10am On Mar 24, 2017
Anyone has an update on Access bank card? Is there a restriction on it. Tried it on 3 stores(Target, Sam's club...) yesterday. ... Didn't work abi are there stores our cards don't work.

Seems the monthly limit had been reduced too. ..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 10:13am On Mar 24, 2017
Mrsbaby:
Good morning people. I dont know if anybody has had this experience. The hospital i intend to use in MD refered me to a doctor who i called and gave me his bill. I asked for email correspondence i could show at POE but doc said he doesn't do email ans I should just give them his phone number. Guys please could this be a challenge?

Nope.

I don't even have any correspondence with any Dr/hospital to show anyone. And I believe once you have you stiry straight without fidgeting, you'll be fine. When you tell the truth, there's confidence that comes with it. Then again let me not assume coz it depends on your track record, travel history etc. These agents know who is a risk or not.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 10:30am On Mar 24, 2017
Ddoy2003:
pls how long those it take to get SSN IN CHICAGO and pls how long will it take to have all the documentation done.pls moms I need this so as to be able to get my return date accurate.
Takes about 7-9weeks for Chicago.

... However, you do not need the SSN for passport. Just put Zeros.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 11:00am On Mar 24, 2017
Since you want my response so much here it is.

You concealed material information. Hence you lied.

To avoid further issues. Have the baby in Nigeria then go for vacation after.
Please stop spamming

olalekan111:
@nefertitiram

Hello nefertitiram,

mention it. We told him we were going on vacation. Now, I want

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kween2014: 11:15am On Mar 24, 2017
Haba @nerf...you used to be nicer in 2014, biko what happened na?

nefertitiram:

Please stop spamming

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 11:18am On Mar 24, 2017
oppaxy:
Anyone has an update on Access bank card? Is there a restriction on it. Tried it on 3 stores(Target, Sam's club...) yesterday. ... Didn't work abi are there stores our cards don't work.

Seems the monthly limit had been reduced too. ..

Did you inform them that you were traveling and that they should lift the restriction on your card? Access bank has reduced its monthly allocation to $100 a month
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 11:21am On Mar 24, 2017
nefertitiram:

Please stop spamming

Actually they can go on their vacation and come back. Then go for birthing. The only issue is having the CBP folks believe it's actually vacation for 2 weeks....it's a risk to take.
Mr man, question is how much do you want to have your child in America? Also you will be taking a risk going for 2 weeks now becoz na serious convincing u go do for border. But nothing is impossible. I would risk it sha if it was me....but that's me. Risk taker lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 11:23am On Mar 24, 2017
sugah:

Takes about 7-9weeks for Chicago.

... However, you do not need the SSN for passport. Just put Zeros.

This is serious!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Helena6(f): 11:31am On Mar 24, 2017
Mrsbaby:

@Mrs baby, which hospital in MD are you using and which doctor? I am MD bound too and haven't been able to get correspondence from any of them. Just phone discuss.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 24, 2017
Hello, I finally arrived Tennessee on monday. I didn't have any problem at the Atlanta POE. They wanted to know why i will be staying in a hotel without my husband to look after me since i will be alone and heavily pregnant and i simply informed them that he will be coming next month. I actually stated i will be staying in a hotel because i dont know the residency status of my cousin and didnt want them to refuse me because of her.

My husband will begin his visa application process next week. Is there any guideline he should follow to apply for his visa?

Also in the DS-160 form, where people are asked if they have direct relatives in America, should he fill yes because i am now in america or should he still fill No since i am on a non immigrant visa?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Cuteaidomo: 11:59am On Mar 24, 2017
Finally got our visas renewed via Dropbox without any issues.....thanks to everyone that helped out. Pls any mums heading to elpaso late July or early August should kindly contact me let's discuss accommodation...thanks

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ojceskills(m): 12:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
It is really unfair when lots come here and advise people to give up and have their babies here in Nigeria...If he wanted to do that, he wont be seeking alternative advise...I remember same way the lady who lied about visiting relatives for 40 days and was denied was severally advised to just have her baby in Nigeria but lo..She finally went back and was truthful and got the visa...My point is he is aware he messed up and is now trying to make things right by suggesting a holiday trip before going for birthing why be such a wet blanket though

nefertitiram:

Please stop spamming

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Deyonsesi: 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
fatima04:
Hello house , please i need urgent answer oo. Can a baby use ETC because the nigeria embassy just told me its not for infant.

Abeg oo. I need the info to know my level asap. Thank you.

You can also consider the Visa on Arrival option.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
nefertitiram:

hehe grin I've been working hard - gotta pay for all those folks who will need CHIP and medicaid for their babies.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 12:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
olalekan111:
@nefertitiram

Hello nefertitiram,

mention it
. We told him we were going on vacation. Now, I want

Thank you.

What's wrong with having the baby in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
[quote author=ojceskills post=54899198]It is really unfair when lots come here and advise people to give up and have their babies here in Nigeria...If he wanted to do that, he wont be seeking alternative advise...I remember same way the lady who lied about visiting relatives for 40 days and was denied was severally advised to just have her baby in Nigeria but lo..She finally went back and was truthful and got the visa...My point is he is aware he messed up and is now trying to make things right by suggesting a holiday trip before going for birthing why be such a wet blanket though

Well said.

The truth is that a lot of people do not know its actually ok to tell the VO that they are going for birthing purpose. I remember a family friend asked me what I told the CBP when I went to have my baby in 2015 and I told her childbirth. she was shocked because she didn't know you could state child birth as she had planned to conceal hers.

While I am not campaigning for people who actually conceal this from the VO, I think in all honesty some people do not know its ok to actually say one is going for childbirth even when they can clearly afford it.

I have a friend who was a victim of this. she was advised to lie to the VO and got her visa approved. She was asked if she was pregnant during her interview and she stated NO expressly. Fastforward 6 months later, she appears with a big belly at POE and was delayed for over 6hrs. After everything she was stamped in for 6 months. she later used the visa for the intended purpose which was vacation and just got her visa renewed via drop box this week.

@olalekan111, you have to think this through properly and be ready to convince the CBP irrespective of your final decision. All the best in your decision.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 1:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
ojceskills:
It is really unfair when lots come here and advise people to give up and have their babies here in Nigeria...If he wanted to do that, he wont be seeking alternative advise...I remember same way the lady who lied about visiting relatives for 40 days and was denied was severally advised to just have her baby in Nigeria but lo..She finally went back and was truthful and got the visa...My point is he is aware he messed up and is now trying to make things right by suggesting a holiday trip before going for birthing why be such a wet blanket though

That is the key point here! Truthfullness! That was why she was given a visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
Deyonsesi:

You can also consider the Visa on Arrival option.
are you back?

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.