Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (973928 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
kellylicious:

My husband will begin his visa application process next week. Is there any guideline he should follow to apply for his visa?

Also in the DS-160 form, where people are asked if they have direct relatives in America, should he fill yes because i am now in america or should he still fill No since i am on a non immigrant visa?

He can fill yes. Then provide your status....I think there's a place for that on the form where they ask the status of the person in America. He can explain for interview if they ask him.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 1:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
TWoods:

hehe grin I've been working hard - gotta pay for all those folks who will need CHIP and medicaid for their babies.
working hard? or bros JW(class monitor) sent you on holidays?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
ojceskills:
It is really unfair when lots come here and advise people to give up and have their babies here in Nigeria...If he wanted to do that, he wont be seeking alternative advise...I remember same way the lady who lied about visiting relatives for 40 days and was denied was severally advised to just have her baby in Nigeria but lo..She finally went back and was truthful and got the visa...My point is he is aware he messed up and is now trying to make things right by suggesting a holiday trip before going for birthing why be such a wet blanket though

Is that why he is disturbing me and mentioning my name in every thread. Is it me that told him to go and lie?
How will I open naira land and see 15 mentions from a random stranger. In every thread. Isn't that cyberstalking?

He should give birth in Nigeria if it is my mouth he is looking for

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
Kween2014:
Haba @nerf...you used to be nicer in 2014, biko what happened na?

The guy is annoying me. Chased me from USA visit thread to POE thread to her. Warrizit!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dxbconnection(f): 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
I travelled with Emirates at 32 weeks plus yesterday. POE was Houston. It was such a long flight. 16 hours.

I had my doctor's fit to fly and the form on Emirates website. Was asked for just fit to fly and how far along I was. Guess they couldn't do the calculation. Every Emirates staff I met asked for my "birth certificate" lol funny people.

At houston, I was one of the first 5 or so people to get off the plane and saw there were just a few people there. But I had to use the bathroom. My money and documents were in my suitcase and needed it in my handbag. And I also needed to pee. For the 100th time.

By the time I got out the line was long already. When it got to my turn I was directed to a black guy.

CBP: hello, passport and landing card please
Gives him
CBP: You live in UAE? Dubai?
Yes.
CBP: ****mentions my name is from so so tribe
I said yes. I saw his name looked African but couldn't place it and asked here he was from

CBP: My mom is from mentions my state, my dad is from mentions my husband's state. Launches into a description of his village mentions popular people asking if I knew them. And even mentions where he had land. And asked if I knew it. grin

I said my husband is from his father's state.
CBP: but your last name doesn't show this
I told him that's because I am not taking my husband's last name. He said ok.

CBP: how old are you
Before I could answer he looks at my passport. And said ha! I wasn't even born yet by the time he came to America. By the time I was born he was in the military already.

CBP: is anybody picking you up.
Yes my concierge service is
CBP: the address on your landing card is quite far from here. Hopefully it will be close to your hospital.

Mind you he hadn't asked what I came for and I got my visa a year ago so not for childbirth. He just assumed i came to have my baby. All these while he was signing for me to put this finger here and that finger for scanning.

Told him what hospital I was using. He said how much do I have. I had declared over 10k. So told him. He said "my naija people are learning" before now they would try to sneak in by hiding their bumps and whatnot. I couldn't even hide my bump even if I wanted to. I was sweating like crazy. The airport was like a sauna. I had on a sleeveless top. They were lucky I even had on any clothes at all.

That's it he signed me in. Gave me his full name to ask my husband if he knows his family.

Picked my suitcases and was stopped by agriculture. Even though I had nothing to declare. He wrote dollar sign on my landing card. My bags were checked. I was given a form to fill. They didn't count my money though. That was how I bounced.

30 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
Good day House,

I just checked aboki fx and can see dollar is dropping seriously. Looks like a dream.

I can see buy at N380 and sell at N390.

I really wonder how this is happening but its really a welcomed development and I pray it continues to fall like this.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
Dxbconnection:
I travelled

CBP: My mom is from mentions my state, my dad is from mentions my husband's state. Launches into a description of his village mentions popular people asking if I knew them. And even mentions where he had land. And asked if I knew it. grin

I said my husband is from his father's state.

So, that was how you met your village person in far away Yankee and you people turned POE experience to village meeting. Lol. Lucky you.

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
favouredmum:
Good day House,

I just checked aboki fx and can see dollar is dropping seriously. Looks like a dream.

I really wonder how this is happening but its really a welcomed development and I pray it continues to fall like this.

It's for real o.

390 today. We are waiting for it to continue dropping, at the first sign of a rise, we move in....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
Saw my aboki this afternoon, thats what they sell on the street as of today
favouredmum:
Good day House,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 3:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
good day, I need people's opinion. My wife would be travelling next week for childbirth purposes as stated during interview. the thing is we are changing the location we intended using based on recent increment by the hospital(houston to chicago). we already booked ticket for the flight to chicago as she would be landing at JFK first.

My question is can she say she has changed her destination of choice and say she is chicago bound knowing we used houston for the application. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
freshdad:
good day, I need people's opinion. My wife would be travelling next week for childbirth purposes as stated during interview. the thing is we are changing the location we intended using based on recent increment by the hospital(houston to chicago). we already booked ticket for the flight to chicago as she would be landing at JFK first.

My question is can she say she has changed her destination of choice and say she is chicago bound knowing we used houston for the application. Thanks

I'm actually mad I took the pains to answer your email to have you ask THE EXACT SAME question here. So why the pm? angry

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
nefertitiram:

Is that why he is disturbing me and mentioning my name in every thread. Is it me that told him to go and lie?
How will I open naira land and see 15 mentions from a random stranger. In every thread. Isn't that cyberstalking?

He should give birth in Nigeria if it is my mouth he is looking for

Lmao. Haba calm down. There's nothing wrong in him shouting ypur name up and down na....maybe he saw you respond quickly to people and needed help. Let's all breathe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 4:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
ojceskills:
You are Nigerian right Nothing is wrong in having his baby in Nigeria just like it is totally not wrong for you to move your self back to Nigeria and live in your country

Well said brother,Simple truth. Dont mind the saints we have on this thread that has never lied before in their lives.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baslone: 4:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
I don't know if anyone is aware of this. . . . .

Nigeria passport booklet is scarce in Atlanta now, so they claim- you need to provide your travel itinerary to get on top of the waiting list.

Disturbing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dxbconnection(f): 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
Babatwi:

So, that was how you met your village person in far away Yankee and you people turned POE experience to village meeting. Lol. Lucky you.

Haha. Na so I see am o. 'Kent' complain jare.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ddoy2003: 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
[quote author=Gagat post=51876443]Congratulations mom2015, this was God's Favour all the way.
Your flight delay was a blessing in disguise.
May this favour follow you all through your missionary journey.
#tappingintoyourpoetestimony grin

[/quote

good afternoon sis,pls how long did it take to get you LO birth certificate and social security number.you great response will be a life safer.thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baeboss: 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
Shawbabe:

I'm actually mad I took the pains to answer your email to have you ask THE EXACT SAME question here. So why the pm? angry

Hi shawbabe pls do not be offended. I'm in the same dilemma. Pls what's ur advice on this. Will appreciate ur kind response. God bless u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 5:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
baeboss:

Hi shawbabe pls do not be offended. I'm in the same dilemma. Pls what's ur advice on this. Will appreciate ur kind response. God bless u

I said it doesn't matter what city you decide to go to. Things change, plans change. They won't penalise you for going to a different State from what you said in your interview. Your visa covers the whole United States of America and not only the State you used for the visa. As long as your intention and purpose hasn't changed, location can change.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
Shawbabe:

Lmao. Haba calm down. There's nothing wrong in him shouting ypur name up and down na....maybe he saw you respond quickly to people and needed help. Let's all breathe

lolz! e reach for person to fear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kaakaa(f): 5:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hello everyone,.... it's been a long time.... glad the thread is still going strong.....Congratulations to all the new mummies and new visa holders!

@olalekan 111,
You both can go for the vacation and come back.... see if your wife can cover up the baby bump bc you are going for VACATION and don't want to risk being denied being that you guys will not be going with any drs correspondence or hosp info....
let her wear a big top and tie a scarf around her neck or wear a big jacket.... grin but with jean or tights... she must look smart and fit and not be acting preggy preggy.... no wheelchair for her o, madam match briskly grin
They most likely won't ask her if she is pregnant if they don't see the pregnancy bump....
when you come back,arm yourself with the right documents and go for the delivery.... but remember to do the right thing next time.....

But please if they still ask you if she is pregnant at Poe do not lie..... tell them the truth and say Sth like you planned to come earlier but she got sick or office won't release you, so you guys shifted it to now cos she is fine or you are free.... you can even have a dr report just incase.....

Have everything intact, hotel booked for 2weeks,ticket 2 weeks,everything 2 weeks...and pray for favour.... hehehe, the forbidden word, yes pray for favour cos you are correcting your wrong and expensively too....
Good luck...

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baeboss: 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
Shawbabe:

I said it doesn't matter what city you decide to go to. Things change, plans change. They won't penalise you for going to a different State from what you said in your interview. Your visa covers the whole United States of America and not only the State you used for the visa. As long as your intention and purpose hasn't changed, location can change.

Thank you. Truly appreciate this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 7:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
oppaxy:
Anyone has an update on Access bank card? Is there a restriction on it. Tried it on 3 stores(Target, Sam's club...) yesterday. ... Didn't work abi are there stores our cards don't work.

Seems the monthly limit had been reduced too. ..

Monthly limit has been reduced to $100, you also get charged N140/N240 anytime you use your card
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 7:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
kellylicious:
Hello, I finally arrived Tennessee on monday. I didn't have any problem at the Atlanta POE. They wanted to know why i will be staying in a hotel without my husband to look after me since i will be alone and heavily pregnant and i simply informed them that he will be coming next month.

My husband will begin his visa application process next week. Is there any guideline he should follow to apply for his visa?

Also in the DS-160 form, where people are asked if they have direct relatives in America, should he fill yes because i am now in america or should he still fill No since i am on a non immigrant visa?

I believe the correct answer here should be No as you are not resident there.
No special guideline for your husband to follow. U can tell him to go along with copies of your passport and visa sha

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
Shawbabe:

This is serious!!
Ok??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oppaxy: 9:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
Plus charges now sef...ahh

Does GTBANK have charges too?

shawlar:

Monthly limit has been reduced to $100, you also get charged N140/N240 anytime you use your card
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Deyonsesi: 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
desoul:

are you back?

No o, still here but ever ready to leave.

Thank you for the fast track.

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.