Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975112 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TashaStPatrik: 9:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
jesufifunmi:

My thoughts too. There is no free lunch anywhere; not even in Freetown.

Tashastpatrik, Power happens to be one of my best series and i am really tempted to help you cos of that Username, but i want you to put in the work yourself. If this trip is really important to you, reading through this thread is the least you could do. Trust me, you'd be glad you did. Even you go become certified agent.

You guys are so right.. The guy is an agent has has forwarded his 'job' to me.. However, i appreciate this thread. I'll do it myself mbok, make i no go enter one chance..

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Enyinne(f): 7:46am On Mar 29, 2017
Gdmornin my people . Biko I need urgent clarification on this . Is it true Qatar airways is not going to USA . Hv someone flew them of recent to USA .as am billed to travel by April using Qatar and am going thru Dubai .
Pls answer with any info on this ,kindly provide before I will hv heartache .lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DiObyyy: 8:05am On Mar 29, 2017
I think you should call the airline to confirm this

Enyinne:
Gdmornin my people . Biko I need urgent clarification on this . Is it true Qatar airways is not going to USA . Hv someone flew them of recent to USA .as am billed to travel by April using Qatar and am going thru Dubai .
Pls answer with any info on this ,kindly provide before I will hv heartache .lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Enyinne(f): 8:44am On Mar 29, 2017
Airline can't basically say the truth as I hv ask the customer care at vi .but my agent is insisting on this that's why I want to ask real people here . Pls anyone should assist me clear this .thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MrsSugar: 8:51am On Mar 29, 2017
congrats dear ,I'm curious what was on the document mealnt for poe?I'm only aware you're issued just one white paper to use to pick up visa that's all.
2ngy:
This is the victory transcript we lodged at the hotel at VI despite we stay in the mainland to reduce the tension and traffic stress,despite am pregnant I fasteed for 3days and prayed desperately like never before,trusted God that he will do it like he has been doing other people own on nairaland.when we got to the U.S. embassy we could not print my son ds 1-60confirmation page I was so bothered and I was told dat he will not be interviewed so I took him outside to stay with his daddy...when I got inside I saw the way some Vo were denying pple so I started praying cos I noticed one young guy was really giving people so I told God that I want that guy......God at work now ,that's how the security directed me to the young guy oooo
Victory transcript......feb 16 2017
Vo:smiling at me and used his hand to signal me that I should come
Me:smiled back at him
Me:Goodmorning and how was your night
Vo:fine thank u
Vo:where are u going in the us
Me:Houston
Vo:why
Me:I am going to have my baby
Vo:why us
Me:my last pregnancy ,I had some issues and I was not ok about it
Vo:ok,I understand
Have u traveled before
Me:yes,I av been to southafrica
Vo:what do u do
Me I work as ..........my office is at .......
Vo:what's your budget
Me:16,ooo
Vo:what does your husband do
Me:he is a ...............
Vo:ok and he was smiling and kept on typing
Do u have a correspondence
Me:yes but the Vo did not check any document I did not even open my folder at all
Vo:stood up and gave me two white papers and circled the document I should show at d Poe
Me:thank you and God bless you and he smiled back and said bye

NOTE:I prayed so much about this interview and the God of Evidence showed himself to me

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Iflyhigh: 8:54am On Mar 29, 2017
Hi everyone,

Am actually new here and seriously need some advice concerning my intended trip to the US. I travelled in 2013 for a conference with a 2years b1/b2 business/conference visa. Afterwards,i renewed it in 2015 through drop-box and they gave me another 2years but i did not travel due to the workload in my company at that time. My visa expired in this month of march 2017 and i decided to renew it to enable me attend this year's conference of which i have been issued another 2years visa. The issue now is that i am pregnant and am suppose to give birth after the conference. so i am planning for the conference and delivery after the conference. but at the same time am afraid hearing all manner of things that happens at the US point of entry. I dont want to camouflage or hide my pregnancy and because i renewed through dropbox i did not have the priviledge to indicate am pregnant and want to deliver after conference, though I have my medical arrangements made already. payments done, appointment with my genea is 4weeks before the conference. my doctor and i have been having correspondence. My question is,
1). Having issued a business/conference visa, and am traveling 4weeks before the conference to start my routine until the conference, what is the possibility of me gaining entry?
2). Pls what do i do to increase my chances? Please helppp!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terese69: 9:16am On Mar 29, 2017
I know someone going to Dallas today with Qatar. Haven't heard any such news.

Enyinne:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oppaxy: 9:21am On Mar 29, 2017
Enyinne:
Airline can't basically say the truth as I hv ask the customer care at vi .but my agent is insisting on this that's why I want to ask real people here . Pls anyone should assist me clear this .thanks

Travelled with them on the 3rd of March but that's a long time time.
Call customer care if they say they are travelling then they are otherwise they'll make adequate arrangement for you. ... We had some people on our flight from a cancelled Kenya airways flight.

Send a mail to confirm flight status then call to confirm and remind them to respond to your mail. .. that way you are fine.

They either fly or fix you on another flight
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Enyinne(f): 9:55am On Mar 29, 2017
Thanks dear . I appreciate . [quote author=oppaxy post=55058062]

Travelled with them on the 3rd of March but that's a long time t
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ojceskills(m): 10:44am On Mar 29, 2017
Lool i have just been laughing at you cox i knew in the end you will still do some work that you are avoiding.The best way to prepare your self is to do the search your self...That is what i did o..I even read from thread 1 till now and made notes and all but you can start from thread four...have you even determined the place you wish to use in Texas??---- Dallas?? Elpaso?? Houston?? Arlington?? Austin?? San Antonio?? Waco?? etc well the popular hospitals in Houston are oakbend, Houston north west medical centre, Methodist, west Houston medical centre etc..you could type in some of this hospitals in the thread and read up everything that comes up on the conversations were they are mentioned and while doing that note abbreviations of names of doctors (sometimes they are mentioned in full) then check the hospital website for their full names and contacts.for Elpaso i think most people use doctores( their advert is on the top page of this thread). Before your visa interview you need to get hospital quote and doctors correspondence and also prepare a budget sheet(type it in the thread and see some suggestions come up) and ensure you have enough money in your account that will be sufficient for childbirth..still on still you have to read..read..read... to be best prepared

TashaStPatrik:

You guys are so right.. The guy is an agent has has forwarded his 'job' to me.. However, i appreciate this thread. I'll do it myself mbok, make i no go enter one chance..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 11:07am On Mar 29, 2017
Iflyhigh:
Hi everyone,

Am actually new here and seriously need some advice concerning my intended trip to the US. I travelled in 2013 for a conference with a 2years b1/b2 business/conference visa. Afterwards,i renewed it in 2015 through drop-box and they gave me another 2years but i did not travel due to the workload in my company at that time. My visa expired in this month of march 2017 and i decided to renew it to enable me attend this year's conference of which i have been issued another 2years visa. The issue now is that i am pregnant and am suppose to give birth after the conference. so i am planning for the conference and delivery after the conference. but at the same time am afraid hearing all manner of things that happens at the US point of entry. I dont want to camouflage or hide my pregnancy and because i renewed through dropbox i did not have the priviledge to indicate am pregnant and want to deliver after conference, though I have my medical arrangements made already. payments done, appointment with my genea is 4weeks before the conference. my doctor and i have been having correspondence. My question is,
1). Having issued a business/conference visa, and am traveling 4weeks before the conference to start my routine until the conference, what is the possibility of me gaining entry?

I do not see any problems here,you are good to go. Just have all the neccessary documents with you as you travel.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Flawless1988: 11:33am On Mar 29, 2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 1:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
Check their website.
You do it by searching for a flight to your destination of interest if nothing comes up then you can deduce from there the answer you seek.
Enyinne:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Enyinne(f): 1:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
Thanks dear , I hv bought the ticket but she keep making this insinuations about the airline .just need someone who flew them of recent to clear my head .

chibertha:
Check their website.
You do it by searching for a flight to your destination of interest if nothing comes up then you can deduce from there the answer you seek.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
Good day house,

Qatar is currently doing a promo.

I jst saw a deal for N790k for an adult and a toddler (September ending to November ending) to Houston.

You can check wakanow. That's where I saw it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kween2014: 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hi dear, please where did you find this?

favouredmum:
Good day house,

Qatar is currently doing a promo.

I jst saw a deal for N790k for an adult and a toddler (September ending to November ending) to Houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 5:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Una no go hear. Quit going to agents like wakanow to buy your tickets. YOU CAN CONTACT THE AIRLINE DIRECTLY. It is at least 10K cheaper.
These agents put their own fees in top the ticket then give you hassle when you try to change dates or amend your reservation. I don't understand how an intelligent person that can use phone and internet will be going totravel agent to book ticket?? Anyway una get money to be dashing them

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
Enyinne:
Thanks dear , I hv bought the ticket but she keep making this insinuations about the airline .just need someone who flew them of recent to clear my head .

Na una dey patronise agents na. When you could have bought your ticket cheaper and direct from Qatar, with 1st hand info from them. Now na rumour dey give u heart jump

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oppaxy: 5:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
Shawbabe:
Una no go hear. Quit going to agents like wakanow to buy your tickets. YOU CAN CONTACT THE AIRLINE DIRECTLY. It is at least 10K cheaper.
These agents put their own fees in top the ticket then give you hassle when you try to change dates or amend your reservation. I don't understand how an intelligent person that can use phone and internet will be going totravel agent to book ticket?? Anyway una get money to be dashing them

My dates were cheaper on wakanow than directly with Qatar then. I guess it doesn't always apply.
Just good to do the comparisons wella

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by PrinceAdeAde: 6:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
oppaxy:

My dates were cheaper on wakanow than directly with Qatar then. I guess it doesn't always apply.
Just good to do the comparisons wella

Agents get cheaper flights as they have stripped down versions of the tickets which the airlines do not offer individual directly.Its all about product segmentation and product knowledge and thats where the agents are ahead and mostimes cheaper
I actually also noticed that the tickets are cheaper for qatar on wakanow but some of the conditions are different eg wakanow ticket is non refundable while directly from the airline is still refundable at certain costs

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Derinoye: 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
I went for my visa interview today but I was denied dis is my transcript
Vo: Gud morning
Me: Gud morning( smiling)
Vo: av u travelled outside d country before?
Me: no
Vo: y are u going to America?
Me: for my child birth
Vo: are u married?
Me: yes I am
Vo: Any kids
Me: Not yet
Vo: So wat do you do?
Me: Am a home maker I stop working 2 months ago cos of my pregnancy
Vo: wat do you do before
Me: I am into culinary services, I bla bla bla
Vo: how much is ur budget?
Me: above 15k for v.delivery and 17k for c.s
Vo: How much do u av in ur account now?
Me: its my husband dat is sponsoring me, about so so so million naira in his account I have d statement of account here wit me ( mind u its a lot of money)he didn't even bother collecting
Vo: you av applied before
Me: yes
Vo: wen was dat?
Me: January dis year
Vo: you said u were going for a visit
Me:yes
Vo: how long is ur pregnancy?
Me: 6 month
Vo: were u pragnant then/ do u kno u were pregnant den?
Me: yes I was and I kno but I wasn't asked at d interveiw
Vo: what do you do before ur last job?
Me: I work with an NGO group
Vo: what is ur qualification and wat do u study
Me: I have a bsc in microbiology
Vo: have u travelled anywhere outside Nigeria before
Me:No( thinking but av already told him before Na)
All dis while he was typing and noding seriously
Vo: am sorry I wl stl av to refuse you again. Gave me d blue paper. Didn't check any document I had.

But dis wl b my third time of going, d second time I was sent back due to error on my application only my hubby went in but he was denied, today my hubby was sent back due to anoda error on his application only me went in.All dis 3 times I applied wit my hubby.my hubby wl stil need to go back for his interview but he can't go alone since he is going because of me so I wl have to re applied so we can go togeda, pls my question is wat do u tink I did wrong so we don't make any mistake in our nxth interview? My edd is in June and I plan to travel first week in may, help me out pls and sorry for d LNG post. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Enyinne(f): 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
Pls Biko ,before talking get ur facts right and read up before u comment . I bought my ticket with my miles thru Qatar office vi and not thru agent . But d agent keep saying this thing about Qatar not flying to USA as they hv been banned from entry with few other airlines . I hv enquired from Qatar they denied of such rumor going around ..hence my decision to find out from real people if what d agent is saying is true or not .

Shawbabe:

Na una dey patronise agents na. When you could have bought your ticket cheaper and direct from Qatar, with 1st hand info from them. Now na rumour dey give u heart jump

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ekoboy: 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2017
Enyinne:
Pls Biko ,before talking get ur facts right and read up before u comment . I bought my ticket with my miles thru Qatar office vi and not thru agent . But d agent keep saying this thing about Qatar not flying to USA as they hv been banned from entry with few other airlines . I hv enquired from Qatar they denied of such rumor going around ..hence my decision to find out from real people if what d agent is saying is true or not .
Do not blame people for thinking you bought the ticket from am agent.
So If you got your ticket from Qatar airways why the question na. You think maybe Qatar airways wan Jones you? grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
Iflyhigh:
Hi everyone,

Nothing do you. You are good to go. Just be truthful and tell the POE officer what you came to do,i.e that you came to attend a conference and you hope to also deliver there.. Prepare adequately,take all evidence to show that you have a conference to attend , doctor & hospital correspondent,payment receipts and finally cash or debit/credit cards backed up with bank statement. With the above,you have more than an average chance of succeeding. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Janet101(f): 8:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
[b]

Always remember to tell the VO everything
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
I had a hard time understanding your text. Like you have a problem with using the word "did"? Really bad English. But that's not why we are here...

.....to be honest your wrong doing was not declaring in January your purpose for applying. Yes you were not asked but here you are again in March now declaring child birth? Nne even if I was the VO I would say in my mind you think we are stupid.
Secondly, your answer for budget is not YOUR budget. You quoted what you've heard. Saying "above 15K" could mean $1 million. Your answers to these questions comes across "guymanish" to me oh. So my guess is you were not credible enough for the VO. Coupled with all the errors you and Oga keep making in your applications, the thing appears like a joke to you people or desperate to them.

Derinoye:
I went for my visa interview today but I was denied dis is my transcript
Vo: Gud morning
Me: Gud morning( smiling)
Vo: av u travelled outside d country before?
Me: no
Vo: y are u going to America?
Me: for my child birth
Vo: are u married?
Me: yes I am
Vo: Any kids
Me: Not yet
Vo: So wat do you do?
Me: Am a home maker I stop working 2 months ago cos of my pregnancy
Vo: wat do you do before
Me: I am into culinary services, I bla bla bla
Vo: how much is ur budget?
Me: above 15k for v.delivery and 17k for c.s
Vo: How much do u av in ur account now?
Me: its my husband dat is sponsoring me, about so so so million naira in his account I have d statement of account here wit me ( mind u its a lot of money)he didn't even bother collecting
Vo: what do you do before ur last job?
Me: I work with an NGO group
Vo: what is ur qualification and wat do u study
Me: I have a bsc in microbiology
Vo: have u travelled anywhere outside Nigeria before
Me:No( thinking but av already told him before Na)
All dis while he was typing and noding seriously
Vo: am sorry I wl stl av to refuse you again. Gave me d blue paper. Didn't check any document I had.

But dis wl b my third time of going, d second time I was sent back due to error on my application only my hubby went in but he was denied, today my hubby was sent back due to anoda error on his application only me went in.All dis 3 times I applied wit my hubby.my hubby wl stil need to go back for his interview but he can't go alone since he is going because of me so I wl have to re applied so we can go togeda, pls my question is wat do u tink I did wrong so we don't make any mistake in our nxth interview? My edd is in June and I plan to travel first week in may, help me out pls and sorry for d LNG post. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
Enyinne:

Ekoboy has answered you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Enyinne(f): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
Anyone selling market will not use his mouth to bad mouth it . .this customer service people can be funny as the guy on seat wasn't helpful as to even help cancel a ticket was an issue for the guy .so when he said there's nothing of such as the agent was insinuating,I Cldnt believe him .

quote author=ekoboy post=55077729][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
Enyinne:
Anyone selling market will not use his mouth to bad mouth it . .this customer service people can be funny as the guy on seat wasn't helpful as to even help cancel a ticket was an issue for the guy .so when he said there's nothing of such as the agent was insinuating,I Cldnt believe him .

quote author=ekoboy post=55077729]

You are having heart attack over your own money. If they sold you a ticket knowing what their rumour is, asking NL folks won't help. Get on the phone with them, and warn them seriously that it's not a joke and you will bring down hell on them if anything happens to your flight. Finish!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Derinoye: 9:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello shawbabe thanks for d response but let me clarify sometins to you i applied last year early november planning to travel by early december with hubby to visit and have a nice time for jst 2 weeks and come bck i didnt even realize i was pregnant then but we couldnt secure appointment in nov\december till january 3rd we had to write to dem to postpone our travel date to january but by den i was aware of my pregnancy and i had resolved that if asked i wl tell dem d truth jst dat i wasnt, so how is DAT my fault and I declared the budget to be a little above $15000 for v.delivery and $17000 for c.s mayb u dnt understand d 15k and 17 k resp I jst had to shorten my words so as not to prolong d post. Thanks

quote author=Shawbabe post=55079087]I had a hard time understanding your text. Like you have a problem with using the word "did"? Really bad English. But that's not why we are here...

.....to be honest your wrong doing was not declaring in January your purpose for applying. Yes you were not asked but here you are again in March now declaring child birth? Nne even if I was the VO I would say in my mind you think we are stupid.
Secondly, your answer for budget is not YOUR budget. You quoted what you've heard. Saying "above 15K" could mean $1 million. Your answers to these questions comes across "guymanish" to me oh. So my guess is you were not credible enough for the VO. Coupled with all the errors you and Oga keep making in your applications, the thing appears like a joke to you people or desperate to them.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Iflyhigh: 9:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
Babatwi:

Nothing do you. You are good to go. Just be truthful and tell the POE officer what you came to do,i.e that you came to attend a conference and you hope to also deliver there.. Prepare adequately,take all evidence to show that you have a conference to attend , doctor & hospital correspondent,payment receipts and finally cash or debit/credit cards backed up with bank statement. With the above,you have more than an average chance of succeeding. I wish you the best.

Thank you very much. But do you think i also need to notify the consulate of my intentions?

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.