Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (974915 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by teeboy95: 4:20pm On Jun 25, 2017
biolarh:

yehhh,i also opened bank of America alc here in houston 2days ago.will advise to try another branch dey've not change any policies.dey will just ask for ur passport and u will use 50$as deposit..

Yes oo..its Houston..pls which branch did you go to

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by teeboy95: 4:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
JMarines:

Hi,
I opened an account with Bank of America 2 days ago and they only requested for my international passport with visa in it.
Maybe you should try another branch.
Are you in Houston?
Maybe it depends on your location.

Yes oo..its Houston..pls which branch did you go to.
i guess its the branch i went to

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mummytriplets: 4:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
Good afternoon or morning (wherever you are)

So, I and DH went for our US visa interview for the third time and we were successful this time.

DH & I: good morning
VO: hello, good morning. Passports please.
DH & I: hands passports over
VO: why are you going to the US
DH & I: we are going to give birth to our baby
VO: where?
DH & I: Richmond in Texas
VO: I see that you have applied before
DH: yes, we have. One in Abuja in February and the second, which was my wife only, here in Lagos in April
VO: what do you do (to me)
I: I work with *** as *** and I do ****
VO: (typing in his computer for a long time, keeps out passports by his side and hands over a white paper) Congratulations, you can pick up your passports with visas in 4 working days in your location.
DH & I: thank you so much! ��

Fast forward to POE in Houston.
On the line:
One officer: (checks the filled out customs card) what are you carrying?
DH & I: dried fish, ground pepper, ground melon seed
Officer: melon seeds? You mean egusi??
DH & I: yes yes! Egusi
�� they know egusi too? I never knew!

At the very POE gate:
DH: good morning
POE: good morning. Passport please
DH: hands over his passport
POE: (flips to the biodata page and scans it). Finger print and picture.
DH: (does the necessary)
I move in
POE: (to DH) you are together?
DH & I: yes
We all do our parts. Finger print and picture
POE: calls another officer to take us to the agric section to check the fish we brought.

We headed there. Picked our bags and got it checked. We were cleared and that was it.

I thank God for His favor. God did it. He went ahead of us and made crooked paths straight. Thank you all for your numerous stories and advices! We are waiting for our baby now.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Duakkie: 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
Congratulations . Dis ur message just motivated me .
Please all the 3denials was it this year before the granted . I wish I could call you.

Wishing you the very best.
mummytriplets:
Good afternoon or morning (wherever you are)

So, I and DH went for our US visa interview for the third time and we were successful this time.

DH & I: good morning
VO: hello, good morning. Passports please.
DH & I: hands passports over
VO: why are you going to the US
DH & I: we are going to give birth to our baby
VO: where?
DH & I: Richmond in Texas
VO: I see that you have applied before
DH: yes, we have. One in Abuja in February and the second, which was my wife only, here in Lagos in April
VO: what do you do (to me)
I: I work with *** as *** and I do ****
VO: (typing in his computer for a long time, keeps out passports by his side and hands over a white paper) Congratulations, you can pick up your passports with visas in 4 working days in your location.
DH & I: thank you so much! ��

Fast forward to POE in Houston.
On the line:
One officer: (checks the filled out customs card) what are you carrying?
DH & I: dried fish, ground pepper, ground melon seed
Officer: melon seeds? You mean egusi??
DH & I: yes yes! Egusi
�� they know egusi too? I never knew!

At the very POE gate:
DH: good morning
POE: good morning. Passport please
DH: hands over his passport
POE: (flips to the biodata page and scans it). Finger print and picture.
DH: (does the necessary)
I move in
POE: (to DH) you are together?
DH & I: yes
We all do our parts. Finger print and picture
POE: calls another officer to take us to the agric section to check the fish we brought.

We headed there. Picked our bags and got it checked. We were cleared and that was it.

I thank God for His favor. God did it. He went ahead of us and made crooked paths straight. Thank you all for your numerous stories and advices! We are waiting for our baby now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 7:41pm On Jun 25, 2017
Duakkie:
Congratulations . Dis ur message just motivated me .
Please all the 3denials was it this year before the granted . I wish I could call you.

Wishing you the very best.

She said 1st time was in February and 2nd time was in April, i assume all the times were this year
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 25, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Could that have been the reason filled in the form or given to the VO if she was called in for an interview for instance? Trump's name couldn't have appeared as a reason/PURPOSE for renewal at any point even though that was the reason deep down in her heart and it would only have remained in her heart surely. But then, a VACATION would, most likely!

In the days the VOs talked about needing absolutely no document for your interview if the purpose of your trip was for just a visit, it sounded abnormal, but today it seems normal not to bother about documents for such interviews. Why then kill ourselves about one meaningless paper called "Change of Intent Letter" even when "the powers that be" in such matters have emphatically stressed it to us that it is almost as worthless as a tissue paper (we too, we have come to the reality of it's worthlessness)? Do you guys need to always have some sort of back and forth as regards this? Not necessary IMO!

If it comforts the OP to go for it, let her go for it anyways, but surely it counts for nothing....
Omo.. I was sarcastic there! See epistle!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mummytriplets: 1:20am On Jun 26, 2017
[quote author=Duakkie post=57836032]Congratulations . Dis ur message just motivated me .

Hello Duakkie,
All three denials were this year.
Our (I and DH) first application (interviewed in Abuja) was wrong from the onset that is from the online application . We answered some questions wrongly. My second interview(just me interviewed in Lagos), I was nervous. They asked where I was going, I said Houston instead of Richmond that I wrote in ny online application. My answers on the two occasions were too brief as I was adviced here. So, on the third trial (DH and I interviewed in Lagos), we made sure we gave very precise and correct answers and added a little extra information.
God did it. ��
Wishing you the very best in your next attempt.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OmoBendel24: 7:48am On Jun 26, 2017
elfmann:

Omo.. I was sarcastic there! See epistle!

Sarcasm "Sir Kazeem", Lolz! Issorai.... Thumbs up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Goldie10: 10:26am On Jun 26, 2017
Hi Riri26, congrats on your POE. Please I sent you a PM. Thanks

Riri26:
Thank u all for ur input. So my poe experience goes thus:
I arrived Houston (IAH)with dh and our 2year old at about 1.30pm US time with lufthansa on the 9th of June, flight experience was great thank God. Meanwhile I flew at 33weeks and got the clearance to fly from port health for N2,000.

Before travelling I had sorted out everything from correspondence with hospital(west Houston medical center) and Dr (Jeanie Huynh) already paid part of doctors fee and 100% of hospital fee, mail I sent to Abuja embassy with no specific response but an automated response. I was ready for all forms of questions given all the knowledge I gained from this platform.

Conversation with cpb official
We: good afternoon
Cbp: good afternoon why are u here?
Dh: for vacation and to hv our baby
Cpb: how much do u hv?
Dh:10k
Cpb: pls place ur fingers here to be scanned
And he stamps b2 on our passports for 6 months and sends us off to Agriculture cos we had food.

At agriculture all out bags were scanned and checked one by one. Only my dad's alligator pepper was seized cos it wasn't dry.
The cpb official there actally counted our money to be sure. And after d agricultural check we were off.

I just thank God for his mercy and grace because it was so easy. Total time spent with cpb official was about 3 to 4mins. Wish evryone coming a safe trip, success at the poe and for the pregnant mamas a safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by goobyparks(f): 11:53am On Jun 26, 2017
mamacajah:

I would say, get a consent letter. It doesn't hurt to have it, whether it is asked for or not. I took one along for my last trip, I think I was asked for it after checking in, by the customs/immigration stand once I cleared security.

As for travelling with toddlers, it depends on the age and the child's nature. I would advise get enough snacks and games to keep the child occupied. If you already use an Ipad to keep them busy with games, better load it for the trip. my daughter gave me plenty stress both going and returning. Some people have said same while some were quiet.

I wish you all the best, a safe trip filled with successful delivery, quick document collection and joyful return with all luggage complete (ie shopping galore and no missing luggage from the flight ..lol). wink

Hello,
Please if you don't mind, what should a consent letter from DH look like? Will be grateful if you can share yours obikweluogo@gmail.com
I will be traveling with my 20months old.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2017
Hello all,

I have been a silent reader of this forum. Read from part 1 to 5 since I learnt about my pregnancy. So in the spirit of giving back. Please see below my visa transcript. My interview was on June 21 at the Lagos consulate. Thanks to the information gained on this thread I applied for medical B2.

Vo:good morning ma' m what's your reason for going to the US?

Me: childbirth

VO: where will you be going to in the US

Me: Elpaso Texas

VO: what's ur budget

Me: about $16,000 dollars

VO: do you have funding for that? What's ur monthly salary?

Me: told him

Vo: who will be sponsoring your trip

Me: my husband and I

Vo: where do you work and what do U do asked same for DH

Me: told him

Vo: what's ur official email address

Me: ******

Vo: do I have proof of being able to afford it

Me: hands over statement with cumulative balance of N3m

VO: madam judging by your available balance it's obvious this trip will bankrupt you

Me: this statement only shows available balance as at now. As someone in the financial sector, I do not leave funds idle in account. I have investments in treasury bills stocks and bonds over n5m so does hubby besides my company will keep paying me while on maternity. I have done my research and can very well afford it

VO; types types

VO: will your husband be going with you

Me: no he's scheduled to go offshore around my due date. Will be going with my mom

VO: does she have a visa

Me: no she will apply after I get mine

VO: smiles and hands me a white paper. Have a safe childbirth ma.

Me: thank you

I wasn't asked for doctors correspondence and all other documents I carried.

I guess it's all about confidence cos a lot of people were denied right in front of me.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2017
Now to my question.

For someone without family in the US Elpaso seemed my safest bet using dotoresparati cos of accommodation and proximity. However the current prices of tickets to Elpaso is almost 1m. A friends wife just recommended a hospital in Dallas to me and the fee is about $1,000 cheaper than what I'll be paying in El Paso. Also flight ticket is about 300k cheaper if am going to Dallas. So my question is will this pose a problem for me seeing as I stated Elpaso as final destination during my interview.

Please veterans in the house kindly assist
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 2:00pm On Jun 26, 2017
@doreese I really loved your interview answers and composure. Good one

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Sarcasm "Sir Kazeem", Lolz! Issorai.... Thumbs up
Na u need d thumbs-upp, bro.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:39pm On Jun 26, 2017
doreese:
Now to my question.

For someone without family in the US Elpaso seemed my safest bet using dotoresparati cos of accommodation and proximity. However the current prices of tickets to Elpaso is almost 1m. A friends wife just recommended a hospital in Dallas to me and the fee is about $1,000 cheaper than what I'll be paying in El Paso. Also flight ticket is about 300k cheaper if am going to Dallas. So my question is will this pose a problem for me seeing as I stated Elpaso as final destination during my interview.

Please veterans in the house kindly assist

No,this shouldn't pose a problem,just make sure you have doctor and hospital correspondence for whereever you are going, also be sure you have put everything into consideration i.e. factored in all possibilities because one of the reasons people choose Dresparati is their up front and transparent billing.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 7:12pm On Jun 26, 2017
Thanks @Babtwi and @Nerf.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamacajah: 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2017
@dorese, to add to what babatwi said, from most feedbacks here on Dallas, it is that the bills are never straight forward. In my opinion, I would stick to my original plan. Because if the diference in cost for hospital and flight is just $2,000 (i hope you have factored in your mum and baby's ticket in this cost- that might determine a need for achange), Elpaso will still be better off. Otherwise, if you still have time, check houston or Atlanta. I don't know what your budget is like, maybe we can talk off line. PM me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamacajah: 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2017
goobyparks:

Hello,
Please if you don't mind, what should a consent letter from DH look like? Will be grateful if you can share yours obikweluogo@gmail.com
I will be traveling with my 20months old.

There is no particular format, we just stated that my husband gave his consent for me to travel with my daughter, the period of our journey, destination and purpose of the trip. It was addressed to whom it may concerned. Hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2017
Oh thanks @Mamacajah. Am new to Nairaland so am not sure how to contact you. You are right about some dallas hospitals cos a colleague just confirmed that she kept getting more bills even after paying the bills stated. I have factored in baby's ticket. If I add mom's own it may be up to $2,800 dollars I'll be saving if I opt for dallas. I can actually afford El Paso but I was rethinking based on the following

1. No direct flight: not sure of the policy of connecting airlines

2. If I have to book a local flight i gather I might av to pay for extra luggage

3. May find it difficult adding baby's ticket

4. The flight hours and the stops will be too much for my mom as she will be travelling alone considering she will be coming much later

To the house please has anyone used jps in Dallas? Was the bill as stated? Or did you get funny bills after.

Thanks in anticipation.
mamacajah:
@dorese, to add to what babatwi said, from most feedbacks here on Dallas, it is that the bills are never straight forward. In my opinion, I would stick to my original plan. Because if the diference in cost for hospital and flight is just $2,000 (i hope you have factored in your mum and baby's ticket in this cost- that might determine a need for achange), Elpaso will still be better off. Otherwise, if you still have time, check houston or Atlanta. I don't know what your budget is like, maybe we can talk off line. PM me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kifayah07: 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2017
fatima04:
Got a shared apartment, you can PM me for details.

Please I don't know how to send pm,can you please send message to my email please? Hardeyseun@yahoo,thanks so much sis,God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terese69: 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2017
I'm not sure who you've been talking to but I know loads of people (including myself) who have had their babies in various hospitals in Dallas and I've never heard about Dallas not having straight forward or transparent billing especially when you do your research properly.

You may want to do a quick search on the thread, read a few experiences yourself and maybe get in touch with a few people to enable you make an informed and unbiased decision.

If you ask me, I don't see why you should go all the way to El Paso if Dallas is more convenient for you and your Mum and even sums up to be cheaper overall considering all aspects of your costs (i.e. medical bills, accommodation and welfare inclusive). $2,800 is a whole lot of money to save!

PS: This is just my opinion, I don't claim to know it all.

doreese:
Oh thanks @Mamacajah. Am new to Nairaland so am not sure how to contact you. You are right about some dallas hospitals cos a colleague just confirmed that she kept getting more bills even after paying the bills stated. I have factored in baby's ticket. If I add mom's own it may be up to $2,800 dollars I'll be saving if I opt for dallas. I can actually afford El Paso but I was rethinking based on the following

2. If I have to book a local flight i gather I might av to pay for extra luggage

4. The flight hours and the stops will be too much for my mom as she will be travelling alone considering she will be coming much later

To the house please has anyone used jps in Dallas? Was the bill as stated? Or did you get funny bills after.

Thanks in anticipation.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gidey: 11:44pm On Jun 26, 2017
doreese:
Oh thanks

Thanks in anticipation.

You need to do your research well and get your quotes directly from the hospital before settling for Dallas.
Do you have someone to stay with in Dallas to be able to get tarrant country ID? That's the only way you qualify for JPS discounted package price. The last estimate I got from JPS ealier this year as just hospital fee(without Dr,epidural etc) is $5900 for vaginal delivery and $11200 for C/S for self pay(without tarrant country id). So I think you should weigh your options well.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:50am On Jun 27, 2017
doreese:

Thanks in anticipation.
Wasn't d VO right? U can't afford.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by biolarh: 3:40am On Jun 27, 2017
Good day house,pls all the guru's in d house should come to my aid.
I just paid my doctor's bill of 2200$ with houston north west medical center and after all the scan done my planned Cs is for 17 of july and my husband interview is for 24th of july
have already told doc xydas to send my receipt to my hubby so dat he can use it to defend himsef
my questions now are:
1)is deir a place in d ds160 form dat will identified is one has paid for bills or not?
2)if asked at the embessy why he's going to the us,what do u think d answer shld be?
pls house help me I want him to elaborate dat aspect very well so dat the payment for the bills will show.

don't forget dat I would have given birth before the interview.

thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 4:58am On Jun 27, 2017
biolarh:
Good day house,pls all the guru's in d house should come to my aid.
I just paid my doctor's bill of 2200$ with houston north west medical center and after all the scan done my planned Cs is for 17 of july and my husband interview is for 24th of july
have already told doc xydas to send my receipt to my hubby so dat he can use it to defend himsef
my questions now are:
1)is deir a place in d ds160 form dat will identified is one has paid for bills or not?
2)if asked at the embessy why he's going to the us,what do u think d answer shld be?
pls house help me I want him to elaborate dat aspect very well so dat the payment for the bills will show.

don't forget dat I would have given birth before the interview.

thanks in anticipation.

1) I don't think there is anywhere in the ds160 form where he has to indicate if he has paid bills or not,but he can take the receipt with him when going for interview as part of his supporting documents,in addition to your Dr & hospital correspondence,photo copy of your data and visa page etc
2) If asked why he is going to the US,the answer is simple " to bring my wife and baby home"

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamacajah: 9:39am On Jun 27, 2017
doreese:

1. No direct flight: not sure of the policy of connecting airlines. Check the airline policy. No issue whatsoever.

2. If I have to book a local flight i gather I might av to pay for extra luggage.This option depends on your budget and location you have chosen as your landing point. Lets say, you decided to fly direct to New York or Atlanta , and then take a local flight. Then you would have to pay. But if you get a flight that connects all the way to Elpaso, you won't have that challenge.

3. May find it difficult adding baby's ticket. No, that's no true. All airlines can add baby's ticket, even the ones bought through agents. It just better to buy your flight ticket from the airline directly, so that you can easily buy the baby's ticket when it is time. Try to read up on the thread, many people have given their feedbacks on this, even how to get cheaper tickets for baby from the airline. For my 1st baby, I used Delta, with a connect from Atlanta to Augusta, And I paid $430 dollars for my baby. For my 2nd, due to high exchange rate, I used Qatar (got their promo ticket where kids fly free) and saved tons of money on flight. My baby's ticket was $140. Even though I still commuted by road to my destination, I was able to get a local transportation to convey my family and our loads for less than $250. So research properly on your options.

4. The flight hours and the stops will be too much for my mom as she will be travelling alone considering she will be coming much later. My dear, for our kids, we mothers can do anything. Like I have said, check for the airline with the lowest number of stops, and factor in hotel costs along the way to cushion the long journey. My mum was against this for my 2nd journey at first, but she appreciated it during our return leg.

Thanks in anticipation.

See my response bolded above. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ebonychic18(f): 9:45am On Jun 27, 2017
elfmann:

Wasn't d VO right? U can't afford.
really? You can't be serious.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 10:46am On Jun 27, 2017
Hello all, really appreciate the feedback. @mamacajah thanks a whole lot. Maybe I'll just stick to El Paso cos am not comfortable with that Tarrant ID stuff.

@Elfmann I really don't think your comment was necessary. It's human nature to seek good value for money as long as corners are not being cut. Even if I can afford it does not mean I should waste hard earned money after finding a convenient and cheaper option. I simply asked for assistance and if you can't offer it I think you should have simply ignored my post.

As regards the tickets. I can only find flights to Elpaso on travelstart or wakanow I.e LOS- LHR or Doha -dfw and then Elpaso. However when I check the airlines website I don't see El Paso as destination .Please mom's that went with Elpaso how did you connect your flights? Kindly assist

Am an early Nov elpaso mom anyone with similar dates kindly holla

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamacajah: 11:07am On Jun 27, 2017
doreese:
Hello all, really appreciate the feedback. @mamacajah thanks a whole lot. Maybe I'll just stick to El Paso cos am not comfortable with that Tarrant ID stuff.

@Elfmann I really don't think your comment was necessary. It's human nature to seek good value for money as long as corners are not being cut. Even if I can afford it does not mean I should waste hard earned money after finding a convenient and cheaper option. I simply asked for assistance and if you can't offer it I think you should have simply ignored my post.

As regards the tickets. I can only find flights to Elpaso on travelstart or wakanow I.e LOS- LHR or Doha -dfw and then Elpaso. However when I check the airlines website I don't see El Paso as destination .Please mom's that went with Elpaso how did you connect your flights? Kindly assist

Just do search on the thread for flights to elpaso and you would get answers. I just did and got a BA flight. Go to BA.com and put in your flights dates. wink. when booking flights, since you are a early Nov mum, try booking from late Sep/early Oct and return either before Dec 15th or after Jan 15th as these are high xmas peak price periods. Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OmoBendel24: 11:16am On Jun 27, 2017
doreese:

That should be a CODE SHARE thingy.... The airline takes you to a destination and gets you on a plane operated by another airline they work with. No ish! This may come at a higher cost some times though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.