Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975204 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 10:41am On Nov 01, 2016
OmoBendel24:

@the bolded; This is one part of this whole thing I really don't get much. from my discussion with them, no strong reason per se. Is it an unwritten code

A two week holiday is fine but a three month medical visit is another thing. It is not easy to accommodate a pregnant woman and, afterwards, a tiny infant.

A lot of people have great hosts... however, many people end up having issues. Let me try to highlight some of the reasons

1. When you haven't done your homework and you expect the host to leave all they are doing to look for hospital for you. This can be very stressful for the host who have to work and live their lives.

2. When you are NOT independent. If you're staying with someone on your missionary journey make sure you figure out how to find your way around.

3. When you do not help around the house. If you're staying with someone try to help around the house but don't be in their face too much. Do some grocery shopping once a while, help clean up, babysit children... make your presence felt BUT also keep your distance such that you aren't too much in their faces.

My childhood friend lives in the US and she told me hosting someone put a strain on her marriage. They had to do everything for the guest...take her to appointments, shopping, everything... then after baby came it wasn't funny at all cos they'd come home late from work and won't be able to get enough rest. It really drained her.

For me, I decided not to stay with anyone and interestingly because the people I know in America know that I have an option, they are the ones now saying they'd have been happy to host me... I only let them know after I arrived!

I did not want to be a burden to anyone at all so when I was planning I put all of that into consideration. I told DH, nobody sent us to do this so we shouldn't disturb or inconvenience anyone.

Accommodation expense is huge... staying with someone eases that load so please if you have a place to stay just make sure you make an impact in their house such that they'd be sorry to see you leave.

36 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by biollar1: 10:50am On Nov 01, 2016
Missed u more dear, how's the lil one? R u back? We are all grand

feddy27:

Atawewe! I missed u o! Hw re u and baby?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 12:50pm On Nov 01, 2016
Singing.... what a marvelous2x HE has done marvelous things for me.

My great nairaland family I have come with my testimony. I got my visa approved today at Lagos embassy. 9am appointment

Vo: good morning (with no smile)
Me: good morning
Vo: why are u going to the US?
Me: To have my baby
Vo: is this ur first child
Me : yes
Vo: what do u do?
Me: I am a homemaker for now so that I can have my children before I take up any paid employment.
Vo: what does your husband do?
Me : he works with so and so company
Vo: have u traveled before?
Me: yes to UK ( stammering lol)
Vo: when?
Me: 2013 for my masters degree and 2015 for my graduation with my husband
Vo: Are u married?
Me: yes
Vo: how much is ur budget?
Me: 14k dollars
Vo: nodds and asked if I am in contact with any doctor
Me: yes
Vo: can I see ur correspondence
Me: gave it to her
She started reading something on her computer for sometime. Then went through the Dr's correspondence then passed it back to me. I was busy praying that my unborn baby's name work for us today and God should honor the word of his servant over life (our week of favor).
Vo: Do u have anyone in houston?
Me: no
Vo: gave me the white paper and said pick up ur visa in 3working days.
Me: thank u! I was so surprised. I left praising God.

Note: other document checked apart from Dr's corresponds
Also, for people filling hotel as where u will stay know the hotel address. I heard some vo ask that question.

LadyG God will give u ur heart desire. Firstymum (teamie) Akorkor, justwise, colouredgirl and many others God bless u all.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 1:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
Pls anybody with cheap flight information to either houston or dallas pls help a sister. From Dec 20th
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ayabemm16: 1:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
Good day everyone. you are doing a great one here. i commend everybody for their help and support. God Bless you all. its my first time commenting and i have read all the pages.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
Chanbaby:
Singing.... what a marvelous2x HE has done marvelous things for me.

My great nairaland family I have come with my testimony. I got my visa approved today at Lagos embassy.

Congrats dearie... This is a great news!!!! Happy for you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ayabemm16: 1:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
[quote author=Chanbaby post=50678671]Singing.... what a marvelous2x HE has done marvelous things for me.

My great nairaland family I have come with my testimony. I got my visa approved today at Lagos embassy. 9am appointment

I am happy for you dear. I claim such good news too. have you tried wakanow?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oluwainfin(m): 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2016
Will advise you check for flights to NJ or NY. Den buy connecting tickets to TX. Check Ethiopian for better rates

Chanbaby:
Pls anybody with cheap flight information to either houston or dallas pls help a sister. From Dec 20th

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 1:29pm On Nov 01, 2016
biollar1:

Missed u more dear, how's the lil one? R u back? We are all grand

Lil one is doin great. I'm bak o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2016
biollar1:
Wow! Part 5 already!!
Eku dollar o! Atawewe dey breeze out o
One an only atawewe of US birth thread. You dey hail Dee too. Kisses to your LO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 1:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
Fyorgyn very well said.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2016
Youngmetrosg I clicked on the link and read all the arguments for and against, I was reading it to my husband and it made sense actually, both people in Nigeria & America made sense with their arguments, I won't like to go into details but when those based in America & UK family members come back to Nigeria gosh it can be frustrating I can attest to it because it has happened to me, meanwhile I always like to respect myself and stay in aparthotels whenever I travel because the next thing is they start thinking they did you the hugest favour of your life, permit my English please, Lol

Long and short is stay in a hotel if you can afford it, when you don't live with people you can't ascertain their behaviour na when two of Una gather stay you go see true colour, two weeks o, three months o I can't do any of the above because I hate attitude and insult biko

By the side biollar1 my atawewe atawewe special, I hail you, kisses to your LO kiss
Feddy27 welcome back home kiss

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
U couldn't have said it better @ForOrigin grin grin
Fyorgyn:

A two week holiday is fine but a three month medical visit is another thing.
if you have a place to stay just make sure you make an impact in their house such that they'd be sorry to see you leave.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phunmie306: 2:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
Good day all, please I need help some questions. I have been refused a US visa twice first reason was no social tie which I applied back in Nigeria, second refusal in the UK back in May was going for a conference and my visa is to expire Jan 2017, so they felt there is no strong tie. For the first refusal I wrote I was single, second single again since there was nothing like engaged in the option. Now I am 15weeks pregnant and intend to apply again. My question is this, I wanted to remain in the UK and claim not fit to travel when my visa expires in January and apply for the visa to US while here cause I'm not if I will get a student extension visa or should I remember back to Nigeria and re-apply from Nigeria. Although I get all treatment and all free because I'm on NHS and a student who has a resit. The school States I can only reapply for a new student visitor visa from my home country when my visa expires in January. Please need you people's advice biko. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 2:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
Congrats dear.
Pls anyone done visa on arrival using British Airways? Cos I'm still calculating how winter go be when I wan do dis pikin naija passport for NYC. I no wan surprises e!! Pls epp me !
desoul:
.paid the visa on arrival fee of 200$..booked air peace to abuja.
!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by worry359(m): 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
phunmie306:
Good day all, please I need help some questions. I have been refused a US visa twice first reason was no social tie which I applied back in Nigeria, second refusal in the UK back in May was going for a conference and my visa is to expire Jan 2017, so they felt there is no strong tie. For the first refusal I wrote I was single, second single again since there was nothing like engaged in the option. Now I am 15weeks pregnant and intend to apply again. My question is this, I wanted to remain in the UK and claim not fit to travel when my visa expires in January and apply for the visa to US while here cause I'm not if I will get a student extension visa or should I remember back to Nigeria and re-apply from Nigeria. Although I get all treatment and all free because I'm on NHS and a student who has a resit. The school States I can only reapply for a new student visitor visa from my home country when my visa expires in January. Please need you people's advice biko. Thanks

So you are happy to take free medical care from the UK.
You can not leave UK because you are not fit so UK must keep paying for your medical tourist.

But you are fit enough to go to USA?
Do you think that you can get better, free, medical care in USA?

Also failed student that has to resit,
so are you just using that to prolong your free medical care?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2016
Chanbaby:
congrats
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
TripleKMama:
Congrats dear.
Pls anyone done visa on arrival using British Airways? Cos I'm still calculating how winter go be when I wan do dis pikin naija passport for NYC. I no wan surprises e!! Pls epp me !
I did my baby's own at abuja Hq..and she used emirate, as far as there is approval form abuja.I don't think they will have issue with that..I have replied your pm

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YoungMetrosG(f): 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2016
Chloe7 I completely agree with you. My mom's family's very very close. I grew up in a home where there was almost always a visitor in our house. Relative o, relative's friend o, old schoolmate'a father's brother's uncle's wife, they all came. Some were good and some were downright horrible!

First time I came to the US with my husband, we stayed in hotels all the states we travelled to, even in the state where my mom's brother lives in and it made him (my uncle) so angry. But abeg we like peace. Same thing in the U.K. My uncle complained about wasting money on hotels, about wasting money on Uber etc. But the truth is my comfort is very very important.
The times I came to Dallas (where my uncle lives) without my husband, I stayed in his house but anywhere else, I stay in a hotel no matter what friend or relative is there. My teenage cousins love having me too. I make sure I pull my weight around the house. Do dishes after eating, take my cousins when I feel like eating out, buy them little things here and there, it shows appreciation.

For this missionary trip, I'm staying with my uncle for a month and then renting an apartment for the month my husband and MIL will be here. I only got here 2 days ago and I've been cracking my brain on how to tell my uncle we're going to be renting next month o because I'm almost sure he'll insist on all of us staying here but me I can't take advantage of his hospitality like that.

People really need to think about what they can afford and work accordingly. And a lot of visitors are badly behaved too. They need to do better.
I have a cousin that came to stay with this same uncle, house was full so my uncle paid for him to stay at a hotel near the house for 3 nights until his guests left. Mr cousin went to nig to spread gist about "bad treatment" from my uncle and how he didn't allow him stay in his house and he had to stay in a hotel. Abeg who pay for the hotel?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LadyGuinivere: 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
phunmie306:
You will stilll not get the visa for so many reasons. But let me point out a few;
1. You still do not have ties in the uk. Does being a student (with a timed visa) count as ties? No
2. You would have demonstrated that you are not mindful of twisting the system. Ist, you failed and are staying back in the uk to write exams. Then you claim not fit to fly. Then while there on an extention, you want to jump to another country. Pray tell, with your history what would stop you from being a burden as well in the US? Character is everything.
Birthing in america is very expensive and if you didn't get the visa when all you were going was for a vacation, what re the odds you will now that you have a potential higher burden ? Add that to the fact that you have been using the free healthk in the uk, no reasonable vo will give you a visa.
Read this thread. If you can afford the plan, then come back to nigeria and prove to a vo that you should be given a visa.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LadyGuinivere: 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
worry359:

You can not leave UK because you are not fit so UK must keep paying for your medical tourist.

Very valid points.
You can't fly out of uk but you can fly to the us?
Why will one leave the UK where there's free and good quality healthcare to go and supposedly pay in the US?
Seriously eh lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
Chloe7, thanks darling

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
oluwainfin:
She is leaving in December, will be staying at Intown. I think Intown is cheaper as they would waive taxes if you stay for over a month.
Send me a pm and I can link you up with her.
igetam:

Hi, I'm a preggy and I'll be using Doctores to give birth in Feb. When is ur wife going to be at El paso, would love to connect with her and other El Paso Dec/Jan/Feb bound moms. Planing to stay at intown suites, but it's seems extended stay America is cheaper at $944 per month if one stays for 2 months according to Doctores.

Flying Turkish airways. Pls anyone with useful advice or experience flying this airline?

Congrats to all the new moms.

Chase Suites is the best option at this time. The rooms are at least 3 times bigger that includes a living area, full kitchen, bedroom, free transportation (3 mile radius) cooking utensils, and free breakfast and dinner from Monday to Thursday. Ask for Doctoresparati rate and confirm by showing your enrollment slip upon arrival to get discount as well as taxes waved after first month.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by XX01(f): 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
YoungMetrosG:

Welcome. Share your POE experience. Hopefully, it was better than mine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shirgles(m): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
Tnx op! Its educative
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oluwainfin(m): 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2016
Please, has anyone used Intown El Paso before? What was your experience like?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phunmie306: 4:43pm On Nov 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

You will stilll not get the visa for so many reasons. But let me point out a few;
1. You still do not have ties in the uk. Does being a student (with a timed visa) count as ties? No
2. You would have demonstrated that you are not mindful of twisting the system. Ist, you failed and are staying back in the uk to write exams. Then you claim not fit to fly. Then while there on an extention, you want to jump to another country. Pray tell, with your history what would stop you from being a burden as well in the US? Character is everything.
Birthing in america is very expensive and if you didn't get the visa when all you were going was for a vacation, what re the odds you will now that you have a potential higher burden ? Add that to the fact that you have been using the free healthk in the uk, no reasonable vo will give you a visa.
Read this thread. If you can afford the plan, then come back to nigeria and prove to a vo that you should be given a visa.

Thanks for your response. The pregnancy wasn't planned. Already booked my return ticket back home, just needed someone to give a guide.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phunmie306: 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
worry359:

Thanks but your comment was rather harsh, it's not a resit per day but couldn't submit my dissertation which I can still submit before my visa expires. Anyway thanks for your contribution.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by slimwendy85: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2016
@oluwainfin, hi. Lodged there last year. Loads of Nigerian around so you really don't miss home. Prices are fair. However, you have to buy your kitchen utensils, though I didn't have to cause I got there when a number of wonderful people were leaving so they passed on their stuff to me. Also, cleaning is once a week. Will be in Elpaso again December ending this year. Would probably stay there again unless this chase hotel prices come close. Tried sending a pm to Vlesparza for further price clarification. Another major issue with intown suites is that you can't check in after 7pm. I got there like past 8pm the last time, had to stay at an airport hotel till the next day.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oluwainfin(m): 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
Thanks for the help.
DW will be there also in December. Made reservations but saw some really negative reviews so was opting for alternative options.

slimwendy85:
@oluwainfin, hi. Lodged there last year. Loads of Nigerian around so you really don't miss home. Prices are fair. However, you have to buy your kitchen utensils, though I didn't have to cause I got there when a number of wonderful people were leaving so they passed on their stuff to me. Also, cleaning is once a week. Will be in Elpaso again December ending this year. Would probably stay there again unless this chase hotel prices come close. Tried sending a pm to Vlesparza for further price clarification. Another major issue with intown suites is that you can't check in after 7pm. I got there like past 8pm the last time, had to stay at an airport hotel till the next day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by slimwendy85: 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2016
It's a budget hotel really. Nothing fancy. Right now I am on a budget. I stayed there, wasn't robbed, my room wasn't broken into. I see this birthing as a business deal. Go, achieve my purpose and go home, especially now that dollar is seriously not smiling. I must confess, if the price difference between chase and intown isn't so bad, I might port. If not I stick with my broke ass budget accommodation, and go home after.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 5:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
worry359:

Its not free she paid for it, when the govt decided to charge foreign students for health charge as part of visa requirements what do you expect?

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.