Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (974967 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 11:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
borryworld:
You should get 2 signed letter by Monday. On VOA, I think they are very efficient.
Babatwi:

I think you are suppose to get another email from them with further clarification and instruction

I got the 2 letters today. Thanks.

Mamas that bought baby cots from here,pls how did u carry them? Were u allowed to just check in the carton or u needed to put the carton in another travelling bag.
It can be counted as one of my 23kg bags, right?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2017
babiechic:
hello house,

here is my situation and your advice is genuinely needed. i had a b1-b2 which expired last month although i travelled for tourism with this visa. now im expecting my LO and will like to give birth in the US. i am also planning on renewing my visa(drop box) . should i choose b2 (medicals) while renewing or b1-b2? please advise

Choose B2.
Your visa will still carry B1/B2 when it's issued though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 11:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
You can check in the carton as part of your baggage. But check the baggage dimensions allowable for your airline.

customised87:

I got the 2 letters today. Thanks.

Mamas that bought baby cots from here,pls how did u carry them? Were u allowed to just check in the carton or u needed to put the carton in another travelling bag.
It can be counted as one of my 23kg bags, right?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uzyfine: 11:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
[quote author=temyb post=59662325][/quote]my dear I don't have time anymore, my mum is here with me in us but she is going back to sisters house here in us. Kc she is about to undergo knee surgery so she can't travel with me. I have just 2 weeks left in fact I want to bring the date down and get it over with
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uzyfine: 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2017
podada:
the VO must have thought the cost of a return ticket is way lower than you getting a one-way seat for one of the babies...he should have just mentioned he was going on vacation...abeg sometimes lieing is the best thing...and again he does nothave ties to naija anymore...wife and pikin dey yankeee...wetin come remain for here? my 2kobo
i have two kids at home with my husband not us citizens I think they were enough ties for them to grant him visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by alafefeyeye: 11:59pm On Aug 21, 2017
goobyparks:

Hello @AbusM
I trust LO is doing great.
Pls what Dulles your final destination?
I'm going to Norfolk, Virginia bt I want to go through IAD and then take a 1hr local flight to ORF (Norfolk). I got a better ticket deal thru this route.
Pls what's your advice

pls which hospital/doctor did you finnaly settle for,and also wat price did they quote for you.will appreciate if you can send me the breakdown
email-olatejuomiyale@gmail.com....thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 12:30am On Aug 22, 2017
cutelass:

used them last yr and will be using them again soonest. you don't contact the hospital, till you are on ground to sign the self pay contract. You rather contact the dr, he gives you all info you need before you actually visit the hospital.

Hello cutelass... how's our miracle baby?

You know, last year, when I was planning my missionary journey, I was leaning towards going to Texas until I read your post.

It was your story that drew my attention to Dr M and LA.

Thank you for sharing your miracle story.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cutelass: 3:00am On Aug 22, 2017
Fyorgyn:

Hello cutelass... how's our miracle baby?

You know, last year, when I was planning my missionary journey, I was leaning towards going to Texas until I read your post.

It was your story that drew my attention to Dr M and LA.

Thank you for sharing your miracle story.

Hi Fyorgyn, baby is doing great. Turning the whole house upside down...phewww...

Second missionary journey loading...will be in LA towards d end of the year. Saw you were in LA nov- jan (how is the weather)? extremely cold?

Also saw from your post, you got to hospital at about 1am and gave birth 17 hrs later...how long after delivery were you discharged and did you pay any extra? My reason for asking being that the bill sent by Dr M's assistant to me few days ago indicated 1 day for VD...don't know how that is calculated.

Finally with the change in hospital management, are they still giving free umbrella stroller?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 8:58am On Aug 22, 2017
Hello @Cutelass and Forgyn.

Please I sent you pms for more details.

@cutelass yes I was Elpaso bound initially as that seemed the easiest and less stressful option. In fact I have even booked my flight. However my mom won't be coming with me as planned. She was unable to get more than 2 weeks leave so am thinking of changing location to where I have friends that can take care of me and assist when I need help so my mom can come when i put to bed.This is because recent development with my pregnancy warrants me to have people around.

So am thinking of la but I need docs correspondence and all for my poe.

Hoping the change of location won't be an issue at poe.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 9:16am On Aug 22, 2017
Good morning House,

I been issued B1/B2 visas as a single lady with my maiden name and i have traveled with them as well. Got married and renewed my passport, i now requested via my appointment scheduling profile for my new passport number and new surname to be updated( Since i cannot do it myself). it was done initially but was not done properly as my new passport number did not reflect on my profile. I now reopen the ticked and send another email to USdesk updating them that it was not properly done. This is two weeks and the open ticket is still showing escalated and no update have been effected. I have as well called the US embassy in Nigeria and I am told to be patient. I want to request for B2/medicals this time around and since I have not been issued that class of Visa before, I will need to appear for interview and the earliest date I am seeing today is Oct 4

Please who has been in my situation and what did you do to remedy situation fast?. I am due to travel by December for childbirth. Please help a sister on how long it has taken for a profile to be updated or a escalated case to be addressed.

I am counting on you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 9:23am On Aug 22, 2017
Hello Chijuiche,

My issue may not be similar but I also had issues scheduling my mom's appointment because my husband used a wrong email and couldn't remember the password he used. I opened a ticket but nothing was done. I got their number online and kept calling till they resolved my issue. By them the closest date I could get was September. I think you should keep calling.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 10:38am On Aug 22, 2017
cutelass:

Saw you were in LA nov- jan (how is the weather)? extremely cold?

Nah... it wasn't that cold. Some days were cold (not "winter" cold- a warm sweater should suffice), and some days were quite sunny.

Also saw from your post, you got to hospital at about 1am and gave birth 17 hrs later...how long after delivery were you discharged and did you pay any extra? My reason for asking being that the bill sent by Dr M's assistant to me few days ago indicated 1 day for VD...don't know how that is calculated.

Yes! It's now one day for VD. I did give birth 17hours later... however, it was still within the same day. In addition, the baby is usually "monitored" for 24hours... so I did not need to pay extra. I gave birth at about 6pm and was discharged the next day.

Finally with the change in hospital management, are they still giving free umbrella stroller?

Yes, I got a free stroller.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 10:56am On Aug 22, 2017
Fyorgyn:

Nah... it wasn't that cold. Some days were cold (not "winter" cold- a warm sweater should suffice), and some days were quite sunny.

Hello Fyorgn.

Please did you get my email?

I have gone through your posts. You mentioned something about increase in price. Please I will like to find out if the price you paid is still valid. Also price for CS as I might be going with that

Kindly assist with email contact for doc M. I saw different numbers when I tried searching for his contact. Please can you give me the one that works?

Thanks in advance .

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 11:01am On Aug 22, 2017
doreese:
Hello Chijuiche,

My issue may not be similar but I also had issues scheduling my mom's appointment because my husband used a wrong email and couldn't remember the password he used. I opened a ticket but nothing was done. I got their number online and kept calling till they resolved my issue. By them the closest date I could get was September. I think you should keep calling.

Thanks dear.... I will keep trying
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 11:04am On Aug 22, 2017
Fyorgyn:

Yes! It's now one day for VD. I did give birth 17hours later... however, it was still within the same day. In addition, the baby is usually "monitored" for 24hours... so I did not need to pay extra. I gave birth at about 6pm and was discharged the next day.

Hi dear Fyorgyn,

Please I sent you a PM. Can you accept? I need to get more information from you as it relates to accommodation. I am due by Dec and I wont mind porting to LA but accommodation is my constraint.

Kindly assist.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cutelass: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2017
Fyorgyn:

Thanks a lot Fyorgyn, this is very helpful.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cutelass: 12:13pm On Aug 22, 2017
doreese:
Hello @Cutelass and Forgyn.

Please I sent you pms for more details.

@cutelass yes I was Elpaso bound initially as that seemed the easiest and less stressful option. In fact I have even booked my flight. However my mom won't be coming with me as planned. She was unable to get more than 2 weeks leave so am thinking of changing location to where I have friends that can take care of me and assist when I need help so my mom can come when i put to bed.This is because recent development with my pregnancy warrants me to have people around.

So am thinking of la but I need docs correspondence and all for my poe.

Hoping the change of location won't be an issue at poe.

Shouldn't be an issue as long as you can convince cbp officer (if asked) that there was no prior intent to withhold info.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2017
cutelass:

Shouldn't be an issue as long as you can convince cbp officer (if asked) that there was no prior intent to withhold info.

Yea thanks.

Now my issue is getting doctors correspondence and hospital quote. Please can you assist with doctors contact. Seeing so many conflicting contacts on Google.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uzyfine: 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, pls concerning visa on arrival should I attach my own itinary or baby's own blc as it is I have attached one of my twin to my ticket and the second twin I have to look for someone at the airport on departure day to attach him. Question now is how do I go about his own visa on arrival. Pls am begging it's kind of urgent as I have few days left to depart
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kokorita: 3:52pm On Aug 22, 2017
Hello house , please I wanna find out an information for my colleugue at work who plans to give birth in usa for her first baby.in December But she's worried because the name on her bi/b2 visa is showing her ex husband surname. Will it affect her getting her baby passport with her new hubby name. Cous she plans informing the embassy on her next visa application when her visa expires. Pls house what do u advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mmasomma: 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2017
Og3chukwu:
Any October mum using HNWMC or giving birth in houston looking to share an apartment ?
Hello dear, am an October mum, houston bound. Please, let's hook up. Kindly pm me.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by obaalasepe: 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2017
Good day everyone, I was at the embassy today and I was refused. Please where did I go wrong?
Why are you going to US
Me:for prenatal care and childbirth due to the issue of pregnancy losses 3 times in five years
I gave her other personal details.
Where are you going? Is it Chicago, Houston?
Me: Riverside California
How old is the pregnancy?
Me: six weeks
Do yo have a correspondence?
Yes , I showed her but she was already acting funny. Maybe I said something that tune her off during my personal details. I said there is a way they would know if my pregnancy was viable and if not they can flush it.
Not that I lost my First pregnancy 2 days to delivery, the 2nd was six months and the third was 7months
Please help, when can I apply again.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sundayschooltea: 6:02pm On Aug 22, 2017
obaalasepe:
Good day everyone, I was at the embassy today and I was refused. Please where did I go wrong?
Why are you going to US
Me:for prenatal care and childbirth due to the issue of pregnancy losses 3 times in five years
I gave her other personal details.
Where are you going? Is it Chicago, Houston?
Me: Riverside California
How old is the pregnancy?
Me: six weeks
Do yo have a correspondence?
Yes , I showed her but she was already acting funny. Maybe I said something that tune her off during my personal details. I said there is a way they would know if my pregnancy was viable and if not they can flush it.
Not that I lost my First pregnancy 2 days to delivery, the 2nd was six months and the third was 7months
Please help, when can I apply again.
Thanks
Sorry about your losses. I think applying at six weeks is too early, considering that your visa won't permit you to work and next eight months is assumed too long to be in US without work. I guess VO feels you might recourse to public fund. My dear relax, find a good hospital to care for you here for the time being and reapply when you are around six months. But commit your ways into God's hand and all will be well. It is well. Takia

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 6:08pm On Aug 22, 2017
kokorita:
Hello house , please I wanna find out an information for my colleugue at work who plans to give birth in usa for her first baby.in December But she's worried because the name on her bi/b2 visa is showing her ex husband surname. Will it affect her getting her baby passport with her new hubby name. Cous she plans informing the embassy on her next visa application when her visa expires. Pls house what do u advise

She is not going to have any problem with that.
Americans are not so concerned with (married) surnames. For them, the father of the child is whoever she writes when filing for the birth certificate. If she like sef, she can leave the space blank...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kokorita: 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2017
Thanks a lot shawlar. Realy do appreciate your prompt response. One love
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mmasomma: 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2017
Ifylicious:

I am using Dr xydas. Will send u the attachment north west hospital as regards their fee sent to me
Hello dear, please did you finally use Dr Xydas? Did you use there paediatrician? Or brought yours from outside. I'm really confused concerning the peadiatrician bill. Some got $3800, others $1000. Can I pm you? Help a sister please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2017
kokorita:

What they need on the application form is her own surname at birth not her husband's surname.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2017
uzyfine:
Hello gurus in the house, pls concerning visa on arrival should I attach my own itinary or baby's own blc as it is I have attached one of my twin to my ticket and the second twin I have to look for someone at the airport on departure day to attach him. Question now is how do I go about his own visa on arrival. Pls am begging it's kind of urgent as I have few days left to depart

You should attach your own itinerary and apply for the both of them.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kenniei: 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2017
Good evening house and d gurus! Nice work you're doing here! I have few questions/advice
My visa application was refused on Thursday, I think I got it all wrong when d VO asked me what DH does for a living and I truthfully answered that he schools and work in Canada.. the VO then asked why US and not canada, but due to d tension building within me, d VO wasn't satisfied with my answer. But what I failed to tell the VO was that I actually withdrew my Canada TRV a week prior to my US interview and of which I have a letter from d embassy to back it up..

Now a friend is suggesting I reschudle another interview, arm myself with d letter from Canada embassy, the hospital is willing to give me a supporting letter and convince the VO... please do you think this is a good idea? As am due in September

Thanks in anticipation of replies
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ewa2014: 11:45pm On Aug 22, 2017
Good evening House...

Great job everyone... the ministry has moved forward greatly...

Una Weldone o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifegy: 11:46pm On Aug 22, 2017
iykmon:
Where you the person that picked up your luggage yourself to the next airline or was it transferred to the connecting airline by Air France authority.

When your luggage gets tagged for check-in at any airport, the tag will have the three letter code of the final airport to which it is being checked through to. For instance, IAH for Houston, LHR for London Heathrow, etc. If it's a connecting flight, the 'in-between' airport(s) will also show on the tag. Check to see if the code for your final stop is on the tag, and if so, that's where your luggage is going to be routed to. You can also ask the check-in counter agents to confirm this. Some airlines also allow you to track your luggage while it's in transit. Check the website of your airline to see if that's the case, and track it using your luggage tag number on the stub you get at the airport, i.e., the little piece taken off your luggage tag with the bar code and numbers on it. Hold on to it (stick it on your passport cover or something) till you pick up your luggage up at the end of your trip. If your stuff ever goes missing or gets delayed, you'll need that to follow up on it.
Bear in mind, if you have a connecting flight and you decide to go and check to see if your luggage is being routed as you wish, you will in many cases have to exit security to get to baggage claim, and then get back in line to be re-screened before you can go to your gate. You may, or may not, have sufficient time between connections to do this.
There are indeed cases where you customarily have to pick up your luggage in between connecting flights, for instance, if you are connecting through Toronto to the US. In those cases, you should be informed beforehand, and have sufficient time in between connections; or, if all else fails, get in touch with the airline and they'll sort things out, since those sorts of airports are used to dealing with those sorts of situations all the time.
Hope this helps.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifegy: 12:05am On Aug 23, 2017
Kenniei:
Good evening house and d gurus! Nice work you're doing here! I have few questions/advice
My visa application was refused on Thursday, I think I got it all wrong when d VO asked me what DH does for a living and I truthfully answered that he schools and work in Canada.. the VO then asked why US and not canada, but due to d tension building within me, d VO wasn't satisfied with my answer. But what I failed to tell the VO was that I actually withdrew my Canada TRV a week prior to my US interview and of which I have a letter from d embassy to back it up..

Now a friend is suggesting I reschudle another interview, arm myself with d letter from Canada embassy, the hospital is willing to give me a supporting letter and convince the VO... please do you think this is a good idea? As am due in September

Thanks in anticipation of replies

If your husband is indeed schooling and working in Canada, you are better off heading that way, for numerous reasons. Having said that, going through your posts, it does seem you've had several challenges in trying to get different visas on different occasions, and for that reason, I would suggest stepping back a bit and taking a bit of a breather. Here's the thing: as the spouse of a Canadian student/worker, there's a number of perfectly legitimate ways to get to join your husband, whether it's through an SOWP, Spousal Open Work Permit, for which there is a thread here on NL; or through having him do the PR thing for you and the kid once he's gotten his own PR. Again, there's threads for that on here as well. It won't matter then where the child was born, if your concern is citizenship, as I imagine. I may be biased, but frankly, with free health care, lower tuition, an official commitment to diversity and multiculturalism, a top tier educational system in which both immigrant and non-immigrant children do equally well, etc., etc., that child will do way better 'north of the 49th parallel', aka, Canada. Plus they'll have the ability to live and work freely south of the 49th, if they so wish (Nafta permitting, lol). I mean sure, it can get freezing cold, depending where you are, but you know what- just dress warm, conquer it and before you know it, you'll be feeling pretty cool like, 'yes, I stared down yet another Canadian winter and survived!'
Alright, I know this thread is firmly in the camp of our cousins down south, aka the stars and stripes, aka the greatest smiley, so before I get the stars and stripes shaken in my face for daring to make such claims, I'll exit with one last shake of the red and white maple leaf, and one last thought: relax, take your time working to get to join your husband, sort out whatever the visa refusal issues were in the past (hopefully you kept your submissions legit, which will make your life easier) and your child will be fine. All the best.

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.