Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975110 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by NIFES(f): 10:02am On Oct 22, 2017
Good morning all.
Please I will appreciate if someone can guide me (give tips) on how to search for doctors (contact emails) via Google search. I have been trying for the past 2 hours without anything meaningful. Proposed Birthing cities are Tampa,Florida and Chicago.
Thanks and God bless .

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by NIFES(f): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2017
fiyray:
Hi everyone, about two Months ago I posted a comment on getting a ticket already and my POE is Chicago .
Can you share you doctor's/hospital contact in Chicago with me please?
I need a doctor's correspondence urgently.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 10:32am On Oct 22, 2017
ugoguchy:
I applied for renewal of visa via dropbox and i was told to schedule a follow appointment;my question is why was i asked to come for an interview,when i got the visa i was asked if i was going to use the visa for childbirth purpose and i said yes and d VO even gave me a form that had all the requirment needed for medical purpose,i used the visa to travel 3 times,vacation first and 2 childbirth and also i always tell them at the POE am here for childbirth,am a bit confused as why i was asked to book a follow up,beause i never hid my intentions,please has anyone had this experience and how was it ,i have my appointment for Thursday..

Hi, was your passport returned to you?

I was also asked to book a follow-up interview. My passport was returned to me and my expired visa was stamped "cancelled without prejudice".

I got my visa for a conference and used it for the purpose... travelled to give birth more than a year later.

I guess they just want to make sure we paid our bills.... Please see zoemummy's post for her own post drop box interview

Please lets know how your interview goes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lufthansa: 10:47am On Oct 22, 2017
toesyn:
In Spirit of giving back, I had my interview today, Although I was denied but I was happy that I said the truth at the interview.
Had my first visa in 2015 Sept for visiting but gave birth in Dec,never knew I could declare child birth,I remember I saw a heavy pregnant woman that and I and hubby was saying she's bold.
Anyway, I paid all my fees and we went on vacation again in 2016 with no issue at POE.
It was here I knew about zero balance, hospital and doctor correspondence etc.... I called Boston Medical centre and my zero balance was sent.
We did Dropbox for renewal, hubby's own was issued and I was called in for interview.
Before the dropbox, I already called hospitals and doctors in Boston since I knew I would be called to explain myself...below is my transcript:

VO: Good morning,can I have your passport
Me: Good morning and hands over the passport
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: For childbirth
VO: How long did you stay in the US the last time
Me: 20 weeks
VO: What were you doing
Me: I had my first child
VO: When
Me: December
VO: You had your visa in September and gave birth in December, that means you lied during your interview.
Me: Yes and am sorry for the lies
VO: Do u have proof of payment
Me: Yes and I showed it to her, she went through it
VO: what do you do
Me: I told her where I work and I explained my duties extensively
VO: what does your hubby do
Me: I told her what he does
VO: We take the issue of 'credibility' very serious, am sorry ma'am I can't give you the visa.

Lesson learnt:
Before embarking on any project, do your research very well and extensively, if I have the information I have now in 2015,I wouldn't have been denied the visa.

I hope the newbies learn from my experience and always be truthful.

@toesyn sorry. Was ur husband with u in the US during the 20weeks stay?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ugoguchy(f): 11:06am On Oct 22, 2017
justwise:

1. Did you pay all your bills for child birth

2. Were those bills discounted?

3. Accepted medicaid?

I paid all my bills and i have my receipts with me,i got a discount for my first baby and the hospital did that on their own free will because i was paying cash and once and i didnt accept any medicaid
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austinjeffy: 11:09am On Oct 22, 2017
[Pls i would need your advice and suport. I need my wife to go and give birth in the u s(atlanta or virginia). Would u help me with your doctors number or email? Thanks.quote author=tytmed post=54106358]
34-35 is fine i think. my toddler is already 2 so no hope for baby ticket.

since this is not your first baby u dont need to go so early na. also the dr i am thinking of using gave me a bill of $1900 from 37 weeks. so what is the point of going so early.

have you decided on ticket? doing NY to ATL is still cheaper than going to ATL straight. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ugoguchy(f): 11:10am On Oct 22, 2017
Fyorgyn:

Hi, was your passport returned to you?

I was also asked to book a follow-up interview. My passport was returned to me and my expired visa was stamped "cancelled without prejudice".

I got my visa for a conference and used it for the purpose... travelled to give birth more than a year later.

I guess they just want to make sure we paid our bills.... Please see zoemummy's post for her own post drop box interview

Please lets know how your interview goes.

Same thing here,my passport was returned and stamped cancelled without prejudice,i pray to share my goodnews
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austinjeffy: 11:12am On Oct 22, 2017
Good day. Pls can u help me with your doc/hospital number or mail?[left][/left]
ugoguchy:

I paid all my bills and i have my receipts with me,i got a discount for my first baby and the hospital did that on their own free will because i was paying cash and once and i didnt accept any medicaid
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austinjeffy: 11:16am On Oct 22, 2017
[left][/left]good day all. Pls I need this information too,kindly help us.
NIFES:
Good morning all.
Please I will appreciate if someone can guide me (give tips) on how to search for doctors (contact emails) via Google search. I have been trying for the past 2 hours without anything meaningful. Proposed Birthing cities are Tampa,Florida and Chicago.
Thanks and God bless .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 11:18am On Oct 22, 2017
ugoguchy:

Same thing here,my passport was returned and stamped cancelled without prejudice,i pray to share my goodnews

Amen!

Did you apply with your husband? Was he given? Mine wasn't.

Shrekandfiona also had a post dropbox interview and she was given.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:22am On Oct 22, 2017
ugoguchy:

Then attend the interview and answer questions as honest as you can
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 11:25am On Oct 22, 2017
Hello @shrekandfiona

Did you have to get your passport back from dhl before the post-drop box interview?

Please you mentioned that you had y[img][/img]our interview on the 1st of August and your passport was returned on the 2nd. Did you ask the VO to fast track?

Did you have your interview in Abuja or Lagos?

Thanks

Mehn, going through your postsssss was very enlightening...Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Unfelt: 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
usually they ask you to schedule a follow up appiontment cause they just want to see all your receipts to be sure you paid your bills and didnt use any aid....just make sure you go with all your documents, am sure you will be fine...goodluck!!

ugoguchy:
I applied for renewal of visa via dropbox and i was told to schedule a follow appointment;my question is why was i asked to come for an interview,when i got the visa i was asked if i was going to use the visa for childbirth purpose and i said yes and d VO even gave me a form that had all the requirment needed for medical purpose,i used the visa to travel 3 times,vacation first and 2 childbirth and also i always tell them at the POE am here for childbirth,am a bit confused as why i was asked to book a follow up,beause i never hid my intentions,please has anyone had this experience and how was it ,i have my appointment for Thursday..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by toesyn: 3:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
Lufthansa:

@Lufthansa, he left after a week and came back few days to delivery and left after the 8th day, then we went for vacation in 2016 for 2 weeks.
His visa was issued during the dropbox while I was called in for interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by NIFES(f): 6:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
NIFES:

Can you share you doctor's/hospital contact in Chicago with me please?
I need a doctor's correspondence urgently.
Thanks
PLEASE HELP A SISTER O!
I HAVE "KEY SEARCHED" FROM PART 1 TO 5 FOR DOCTOR'S EMAILS AND NOTHING CAME UP FOR CHICAGO OR TAMPA.
I BEG PLEASE ANYBODY WITH CONTACT EMAILS FOR THESE CITIES SHOULD PLEASE SHARE WITH ME.
I TRIED healthgrades.com and all I could get were phone numbers and faxes that were sending me to voicemail.
BIKO PLEASE HELP!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
NIFES:

PLEASE HELP A SISTER O!
I HAVE "KEY SEARCHED" FROM PART 1 TO 5 FOR DOCTOR'S EMAILS AND NOTHING CAME UP FOR CHICAGO OR TAMPA.
I BEG PLEASE ANYBODY WITH CONTACT EMAILS FOR THESE CITIES SHOULD PLEASE SHARE WITH ME.
I TRIED healthgrades.com and all I could get were phone numbers and faxes that were sending me to voicemail.
BIKO PLEASE HELP!!!

Those hospitals don't have website and not available in google search?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
michnib:
I bought British Airways ticket for my family to El Paso Texas. While purchasing the ticket the British Airways attendant who sold the ticket stated that my daughter's ticket will be changed to infant and on seat for the return trip. She gave us a number to call prior to our return so they can ensure it is done. My wife gave birth and we called the number severally, the customer care directed us to American Airline, we called American Airline, the representative said we should speak to British airways. Then my wife called British Airway helpline again. When nothing was done she went to El Paso Airport but no british airways customer care office. So she kept on calling British Airways helplines (US and UK). I went to the Lagos Airport office and they said they cannot get it done, that I should call a number. I wasted my airtime. When I got angry they fixed it and gave me another ticket for my daughter.

Unknown that this was just the beginning of poor customer service. My wife called the US office to book our new born on her ticket so she can fly, after several delays they did and told her to call back in 48hrs. She called back and they posted her to call back again, she called back the following day and same thing happened but she insisted that they must tell her the fare price for the new born so she can pay before the travel date. After the struggle the customer representative gave her a fare price and said she has to go to Dallas airport to pay, that they do not accept payment online or via phone call.

So British Airways expects my wife and new born to travel 11hrs on road from El Paso to Dallas just to pay?

I tried paying from Lagos, they did not accept, I called all British Airways helpline I got but same story, until I argued on phone with one of their customer representative, who then went to the manager to find a solution and said that he will make another booking and give me a fare price but I will pay in Naira at any GTBank. He did it and I immediately went to a GTBank to pay.

I got the ticket in 24hrs and forwarded the mail to my wife.

On getting to the airport, the attendant said she cannot find any of our flight details on their system, he was jumping from one system to another and delayed my family. After about 45 minutes of holding our passports, he said he cannot check us in again that boarding gate is closed (meanwhile we still had 35 minutes more before the departure). My family missed their flight. Now British airways said we should pay $2500 to reschedule. Who does this?.

I WILL NOT ADVISE MY ENEMY TO FLY BRITISH AIRWAYS. IT IS ADVISABLE TO USE OTHER AIRLINES TO US, ESPECIALLY FOR PREGNANT WOMEN, BECAUSE OF THE STRESS TO GET YOUR NEW BORN ON THE TICKET.

PLEASE STAY OFF.

Whaoo!! Thanks for this information...I almost booked BA this morning but the internet was bad...let me source for another airline then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozymes: 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
Try Lufthansa
Chijiuche:

Whaoo!! Thanks for this information...I almost booked BA this morning but the internet was bad...let me source for another airline then.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 8:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
ozymes:
Try Lufthansa
Ok..Will try them...Thanks Bro
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by NIFES(f): 9:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
justwise:

Those hospitals don't have website and not available in google search?

No contact emails on the websites I have seen so far and the telephone numbers are going on Voicemail.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
NIFES:

No contact emails on the websites I have seen so far and the telephone numbers are going on Voicemail.

Info about hospitals in Chicago and other cities in US is not difficult to find online with a simple search, they usually have more than one phone number and also contact-us form you can easily complete and submit.

Pasting any link here for you will be going against the forum rule.

Do a proper search with laptop, tablet or desktop for a better result.

Even in previous parts of this thread you will get more info
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kaakaa(f): 10:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
litylity55:
Good evening my people. Pls I need urgent advise and enlightement on this issue.

I got B1/b2 visa for me and my family to go for Easter break last March but we couldn't make the trip due to my work. But we are planning to go by next year Easter which is March ending. But now I discovered my wife is pregnant and we are planing that if we travel that next year March she shd stay back and have the baby and come back after the child birth in Houston. Her due date is ending of June or early July. And we will travel by March ending 2018.

We have family to stay with there but we are yet to get a doctor and hospital for her which I believe we will get by grace of God. My issue is that shd we inform the embassy of change of intent because of point of entry issue, and when buying tickets me am going to stay for just two weeks but she and the kids will stay back until after delivery they will be coming back with new baby. When buying the ticket shd I buy two weeks for my self and like 5months for them cos of the duration of her coming back. Pls advise me am so confused here. Plsss Biko.

Travel with your fam for xmas hols, comeback and your wife can go have her baby alone when due....,
Or She travels for vacation this xmas hols alone and comes back,then travel again to deliver while you guys come after delivery, do some vacation and bring baby back.

Its always good to use visa for what its meant for.....

its easier for a vo to buy the idea that you changed your mind from easter vacation to xmas vacation..... but from vacation to delivery will be seen as deceipt no matter how true your intentions are....
My own 5 cents.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Xclusivemaama: 2:06am On Oct 23, 2017
So i arrived atlanta today 22 Oct by 2:17pm which was their local time....Flew in from Abujra to France then to atlanta..first time in the US...Got visa for a family vacation which i cudnt use(Stort for another day) and decided to use it for birthing purpose after i got pregnant...
Hmmmm....Will post my POE transcript later cos e still dey do me like movie...Make i sleep wake up first...Tired much!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by NIFES(f): 4:10am On Oct 23, 2017
justwise:

Info about hospitals in Chicago and other cities in US is not difficult to find online with a simple search, they usually have more than one phone number and also contact-us form you can easily complete and submit.

Pasting any link here for you will be going against the forum rule.

Do a proper search with laptop, tablet or desktop for a better result.

Even in previous parts of this thread you will get more info

Okay, will keep searching.
Thanks very much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 4:29am On Oct 23, 2017
Unfelt:
for wheelchairs, i think its best u call your airline and request for one prior to your travel date.

Anyone can request for a wheel chair so if ur are traveling with an elderly person then he/she can also apply for same.

Thank you so much!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Abuleoshi: 5:09am On Oct 23, 2017
Supernaturalone:
Why do you have to be so confused? If you've followed this thread, you'll realise that the advice from even the visa officers on similar scenarios is for your wife to get another visa, for the purpose childbirth, to avoid unnecessary issues at the POE. She should ensure that she does it through an interview, so that she has an opportunity to disclose that intent to them snd provide all relevant information and go with all the necessary paperwork. Oncr this is done, you can purchase your tickets as intended, for the varying durations for you and the family. I wonder, though, how she plans to cope with 2 kids plus one on the way for that duration of time.

Why must you be rude to say someone is confused? If you can't be polite in addressing people, then ignore people who are "confused". You can reply people without insults!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Abuleoshi: 5:13am On Oct 23, 2017
dere5:

The only problem I see here is that your visa was not used for what it was gotten for,so you have two options you might want to explore.
1. This is the ideal option, your wife should do her homework and apply for a new medical visas and come clean.
2.Send the change of intent letter,buy 2wks ticket for yourself and 5months for your wife and kids,and make sure that their (your wife and kids) ticket is a flexible one i.e. that you can change dates for a small fee,don't go and buy those promo tickets where they ask for an arm & a leg when you want to change dates. This route is not advisable cause your wife might have issues renewing her visa.
Fantastic... This is how to address people than some oversabi people here who are quick to insult people in the name of advice!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 5:18am On Oct 23, 2017
Petdaughter:

Request prior to your travel date, immediately your ticket is issued. Na only you waka come oo, what's your own with other passengers �

Personally, I feel the wheelchair draws too much attention. If you are strong, just skip it

Okay, I think so too...if one is strong....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lian1217: 11:26am On Oct 23, 2017
Help a sister! Please, I'm yet to submit my form online. How do I get accommodation and address to fill on the form when there's no one to give me invitation letter. I already have appointment with a doctor in Texas plus am traveling alone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
Lufthansa:

The question shld be.. Was she asked if she was pregnant and she answered No?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.