Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,208 members, 7,780,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:15 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (968933 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by seemorejoy: 7:57am On Dec 10, 2017
Pls is it important to contact hospital? Or just the doctor correspondence is enough during the interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by domrita: 8:02am On Dec 10, 2017
Congrats dear! Going in early April too. Let's connect! See you a PM.
Baby2018Loading:
Yippee, Visa renewed via drop box. Baby nos 2 loading

HNWMC bound this time, travelling in early april

Remains accommodation ohh

It is well. May God help us all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Baby2018Loading: 9:07am On Dec 10, 2017
domrita:
Congrats dear! Going in early April too. Let's connect! See you a PM.

Great, sending you a PM now

cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OnJosh1: 10:19am On Dec 10, 2017
Chijiuche:
In the spirit of giving back.

I flew Qatar to Houston 2 days ago at 34+6 days. submitted MediF form, Medical certificate 7 days before departure. Got approval after following up via twitter and phone calls 2 days to depature.

At the Lagos airport, I was directed to Port authority ( They measured and wrote I am 30 weeks grin). Photocopied my Doctors fit to fly and Port authority certificate and submitted and was allowed to fly. Flight was more that smooth to Doha. Complimentary accommodation was issued.
Connected Houston the next morning. When i was being checked to board houston, I was asked the purpose of my journey to US, I responded that I am currently pregnant and was going to birth in the US. The guy asked again Who is pregnant?? but you dont look it? I responded that I am currently pregnant, so he took my passport and directed me to a US immigration man. He inquired whether i told the Visa officer about my intention. I told him that it was drop box but i opted in for B2/medical detailing the hospital I planned using, the doctor and the contact. He asked me whether i know i am not entitle to state fund - yes i do and that is why I am having more than $10,000 and additional ones in my mastercard in case of any surprise payment. He evn asked e whether I am expecting a boy or a girl, then the name of the child shocked He later cleared me and off I boarded.

3:50pm we arrived houston. Que was a bit long.

CBP: What are you here for?
Me: For childbirth
CBP: Youre pregnant?
Me: Yes and 35 weeks gone already
CBP: place your finger here.
CPB: Anything to declare.
Me: yes oo...Got blended Ogbono, Crayfish, Dry fish, Uziza, Udah, Utazi, Know beef etc...one minute, I got the list here. I brought out the list of what i a bringing in and the Oyibo collected the list and documented everything asking me the usage especially the local herbs. In addition I declared i have more than $10,000 ($14,000). The guy stamped me in for 6 months and i was directed to custom to fill a form. Then to Agric- Nothing was checked nor ceased. It was like a dream that when i was led to the exit, I had to inform them that Money has not been counted and my bag was not checked..They said, I am ok that i am cleared and can go.

Houston POE was indeed a breeze. Everything took less that 5 mins. Chiling and waiting for my LO and my first appointment with Dr Fagbohun.

Thanks everyone for your guidance.

Wow! Congrats on your PoE experience. I tap into your PoE experience IN JESUS NAME; AMEN. I'm a Houston bound Mum too using Dr E & traveling soon by GOD'S Grace. Pls I'm interested in your food list. I have a list but I want to be sure I have everything covered biko. Can I pls send you a pm or would you rather share here?

Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bcpump: 10:41am On Dec 10, 2017
looking forward to my own POE tomorrow. I flew Arik to lagos yesterday. I had a fit to fly but was not asked.
Going through Atlanta POE tomorrow. (flight is tonight- delta). I hope it goes smoothly.

Would write about it regardless.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by seemorejoy: 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2017
Bcpump:
looking forward to my own POE tomorrow. I flew Arik to lagos yesterday. I had a fit to fly but was not asked.
Going through Atlanta POE tomorrow. (flight is tonight- delta). I hope it goes smoothly.

Would write about it regardless.

God Speed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jaysmom: 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2017
Springdance:

I confirmed before paying and was told it won't be an issue. My last trip I booked via wakanow and when it was time to add my baby, called the airline and it was done without any hassle. By God's grace it will be smooth sailing again this time.

Confirm from Delta office when you get to the airport to avoid stories that touch. Those wakanow staff can hardly help especially with Delta (maybe things have changed).
My 2014 experience won't let me fly delta with an infant even if it's a free ticket, yes you heard me right.
From moving my Houston to Atlanta ticket forward without informing me leaving me with just an hour to hop into my Atlanta-Lag flight
TO
insisting I buy a return ticket for my infant (if I remember correctly, that cost me about $700, and there was no sensible person to answer my questions. They just gave me a number to call)
TO
refusing to let me take in my infants carry-on because the cabin was full even when their fellow hostess mentioned that we could put it in business class cabin. I had to just pack diapers and wipes into my handbag(we were actually amongst the last to get on the plane).
And just when I thought I had seen the worst, 2 of my boxes didn't come to Lagos with me and I had an Owerri flight to catch the next day.

Lastly if you need a bassinet, then don't pick the middle seat, you won't be given any.
My upgrade to economy comfort was a waste of money.

Please check and check and check again.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
nobody09:
thank you dear.. i heard buying the ticket over there is cheaper thats why i thought about doing it that way.

I will advise you buy your El-paso ticket way before you leave naija, from my experience the farther your travel date the cheaper your ticket can be.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
The post office told me about 2 weeks and if i can't wait i should go to the Houston Passport Office for expedition. so i just picked the D11 form from the post office, filled it and went to the passport office on Tuesday and picked the passport on Thursday afternoon.

Otokini01:
I also need this info i have asked and no reply
quote author=Supernaturalone post=62926059]Hello peeps!

Are there any Houston mums (perhaps Oakbend Medical) who have processed LO passport at a passport office rather than the Houston Passport Agency? How long did it take to get the passport?

Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 10, 2017
Hello House,

please has anyone processed a visa on arrival recently? any issues? any way to fast track? I have sent the mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration today. keeping my fingers crossed. then i also stumbled on a website in Houston clainming they do infant visa to Nigeria for $475 for expedited service. i called their number and guess who the operator is? An Indian!!! smh.. please don't fall for the scam or if you have used them please enlighten the house.. it just didnt ckick for me.

i will be back to share my successful VBAC experience with the house for those planning to VBAC in Houston. Right now i need to sort Visa on Arrival.. please help if you can. ( I already shared my POE experience). Thanks in Advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dimpules8: 7:36pm On Dec 10, 2017
Thanks Bbaby84 & babiechic.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 8:06pm On Dec 10, 2017
Uniquezuri:
Hello House,

please has anyone processed a visa on arrival recently? any issues? any way to fast track? I have sent the mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration today. keeping my fingers crossed. then i also stumbled on a website in Houston clainming they do infant visa to Nigeria for $475 for expedited service. i called their number and guess who the operator is? An Indian!!! smh.. please don't fall for the scam or if you have used them please enlighten the house.. it just didnt ckick for me.

i will be back to share my successful VBAC experience with the house for those planning to VBAC in Houston. Right now i need to sort Visa on Arrival.. please help if you can. ( I already shared my POE experience). Thanks in Advance.
Naija Infant visa for $475 by Indians, what won't I hear. This na original one chance o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bisoye76: 10:19pm On Dec 10, 2017
Hello house....
Pls can someone kindly help with the Hospital fee and Paedetrician fee for HNWMC. I was only given Obstetrician 's fee in the mail i got from them and i need to get Hospital, Paedetrician and Laboratory fees in order to complete my budget sheet.
Pls help a sister.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 10, 2017
dere5:

Naija Infant visa for $475 by Indians, what won't I hear. This na original one chance o

No be small thing .. They have a page on instsgram and facebook sef. See the requirements they sent to me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 12:40am On Dec 11, 2017
Nogen:
Good morning all. Been a while I came here. Congrats to all new parents and to those who have their visa/successful POEs.

Moms in Houston, please which shipping company did you use ? I urgently need to bring home my triplets stroller I bought from Amazon. I need it by 22nd of December. Thanks.
Mummy triplets, good to see you here again. How are the triplets doing?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nogen: 4:29am On Dec 11, 2017
ozycy:

Mummy triplets, good to see you here again. How are the triplets doing?

Ozycy, we are good my sis. How are your children? Been silently following the forum even though I'm done with child bearing. I am still deeply attached to you guys here. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Maggiespecial(f): 5:02am On Dec 11, 2017
Please house, who will be traveling to New York in February for child delivery? Let us hook up biko.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ogekad: 5:20am On Dec 11, 2017
Hello everyone,
I am a silent reader, I got into DFW on the 29th of Oct., the queue was something else. I almost collapsed. I went through the first stage where you will do passport reading.

Then I processed to pick my luggage and face the CBP guy.

CBP: How long are you here for?
Me: Till Christmas
CBP: You're pregnant?
Me: Yes
CBP: Do you have family?
Me Yes
CPB: Do you have food
Me: yes. The guy stamped me in for 6 months. Nothing was checked nor ceased.

POE was breeze, I am sitting pretty and waiting for my LO. Please pray for me and the day drwas really close. My doctor wanted to induce labor but I refused and my due date is still far away.

Please any Dallas mum in the house, boredom is killing me here.

God bless...

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by seemorejoy: 6:33am On Dec 11, 2017
ogekad:
Hello everyone,
I am a silent reader, I got into DFW on the 29th of Oct., the queue was something else. I almost collapsed. I went through the first stage where you will do passport reading.

Me Yes

POE was breeze, I am sitting pretty and waiting for my LO. Please pray for me and the day drwas really close. My doctor wanted to induce labor but I refused and my due date is still far away.

God bless...

Congratulations
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OnJosh1: 8:46am On Dec 11, 2017
ogekad:
Hello everyone,

Me Yes

God bless...

Congratulations Momma, It is well with you and your LO IN JESUS NAME; AMEN. Relax in GOD. HE is in Control.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by odirinm(f): 10:32am On Dec 11, 2017
Hello everyone. Am new here. Am going to have my second baby in houston, TX, am planning on using Oakbend but don't av a doc yet.
I also have a second choice of NewYork. King county, Brooklyn.
Pls anyone that has used any of these hospital should help a sister out with doctors info, hospital charges and any knowledge of accommodation.
I plan to leave by January ending.
Also, I had my first baby in Chicago but heard POE there is now strict, any update on the best route to take for my Houston or Newyork waka? What is the new update on POE requirements.
Thanks everyone as I wait individual responses.

PS: this thread on nairaland is the best. You guys rock.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by odirinm(f): 10:44am On Dec 11, 2017
Hello, when in February?

Have you gotten a hospital n doc yet?

Pls I plan to travel by that time but don't av doc yet. Can you help a sister with info on hospital, doc n accommodation?

Tnx

Maggiespecial:
Please house, who will be traveling to New York in February for child delivery? Let us hook up biko.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 11:36am On Dec 11, 2017
Pls I need accommodation in houston this dec for fam of 4. Entire apartment. anyone with vital info, pls pm me. Even agents, but not agents like madam rayray o

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
ANIT1:

Please what's the usual reply for the Visa on arrival? I just got a reply that only says "RECEIVED "

Please help

Same day
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
nefertitiram:
Pls I need accommodation in houston this dec for fam of 4. Entire apartment. anyone with vital info, pls pm me. Even agents, but not agents like madam rayray o

���
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hopesprings: 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2017
Baby2018Loading:
Yippee, Visa renewed via drop box. Baby nos 2 loading

HNWMC bound this time, travelling in early april

Remains accommodation ohh

It is well. May God help us all

Hi,

How long did this take for you please?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2017
cutelass:
To whom it may concern

LA Passport Agency no longer accepts ds3053 not notarized in the embassy. This is causing a major shake-up to my travel plans.

Pls who has used visa on arrival recently? How long did it take to get approval letter? Cos I've read some posts here recently of people who were complaining that they haven't received any response and their travel dates were close.

who can help me fast track the voa? pls pls...with all the public holidays packed around Christmas, I don't even know how many days we'd be left with after getting the pasport

Have you received a response for the VOA? Please how lond did it take and what was the response? Let me know what m looking for too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by femochee(m): 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hello house,
I have been a silent reader for some time now and have come to appreciate the vast impact that this forum has made on families across the country. Well done house.
DW and i will be having our VISA interview on January 19, 2018 and we are yet to have a correspondence with an hospital or Doctor in VIRGINIA (Hampton).
Please house, i need assistance with correspondence from a Virginia hospital or Doctor. I have nowhere to turn to but this dynamic forum.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Springdance: 1:05pm On Dec 11, 2017
jaysmom:

Confirm from Delta office when you get to the airport to avoid stories that touch. Those wakanow staff can hardly help especially with Delta (maybe things have changed).
My 2014 experience won't let me fly delta with an infant even if it's a free ticket, yes you heard me right.
From moving my Houston to Atlanta ticket forward without informing me leaving me with just an hour to hop into my Atlanta-Lag flight
TO
insisting I buy a return ticket for my infant (if I remember correctly, that cost me about $700, and there was no sensible person to answer my questions. They just gave me a number to call)
TO
refusing to let me take in my infants carry-on because the cabin was full even when their fellow hostess mentioned that we could put it in business class cabin. I had to just pack diapers and wipes into my handbag(we were actually amongst the last to get on the plane).
And just when I thought I had seen the worst, 2 of my boxes didn't come to Lagos with me and I had an Owerri flight to catch the next day.

Lastly if you need a bassinet, then don't pick the middle seat, you won't be given any.
My upgrade to economy comfort was a waste of money.

Please check and check and check again.

Thanks will do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (416)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.