Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975113 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tripletmom: 12:37am On Dec 16, 2017
Quin17:

Make the reservation over the phone and pay on departure at the airport( BWI )thats what my cousin did. Get there earlier so you hv time to sort it out.
Hello ma,i sent you a mail,please respond.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tuttu(f): 12:51am On Dec 16, 2017
Congratulations on your LO. Could I send you a PM to inquire on the doctor’s details for VBAC?

Uniquezuri:
Ok so I am back . I shared my POE experience ( below). I had my LO in Houston via a successful VBAC in November and we are getting set to return home.

Hospital was the Texas Children's Hospital Women's Pavillion at the medical centre.

I had a flu shot and after delivery I had my Rubella shot..

I went in on Saturday night. Uber guy was like " is baby coming? I have to drive fast cos you not having a baby in my car" Lol!fastHad my baby girl on Sunday and was discharged on Tuesday

Filled docs for birth registration in the hospital on Tuesday and picked up the birth cert on friday applied for passport on Tuesday and picked up on Thursday . Applied for VOA on the 10th and got the approval yesterday the 13th. Added my LO to my Mom's ticket on Delta.

Anesthesia bill just came in as i type for $5950... I can only but LOL!! Will call and trash it with them. Has anyone encountered such bill and had it sorted with them? Pls pm oooo.

Getting set to go home abeg can't wait.

Any questions on the vbac please ask here.

Thank you

I go

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 6:46am On Dec 16, 2017
Certainly. Best bet is probably Bank of America. She'll need 2 forms of ID.

podada:
Dear NLers,
Please I want to confirm if my DW can open a bank account in the US. What's the procedure and which bank is Naija-friendly?
Also she flew with ET airline. How does she add our LO to her ticket.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 6:49am On Dec 16, 2017
I concur. This is what I did on my previous birthing trip. I also called BA again to find out process for current baby on the way and they said same thing. You'll get a quote and you can pay at the airport.

Quin17:

Make the reservation over the phone and pay on departure at the airport( BWI )thats what my cousin did. Get there earlier so you hv time to sort it out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 6:53am On Dec 16, 2017
Would be useful to have Lagosniv and Abujaniv weigh in on this "new development"

LI:
You're welcome Mamaron. Congrats too.

I agree with you here. To think that the VO went on record here to infer that the change-of-intent email is basically just spam.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OmoBendel24: 7:19am On Dec 16, 2017
Supernaturalone:
Would be useful to have Lagosniv and Abujaniv weigh in on this "new development"

There's a response already, on the VISIT THREAD.... Find it below.

abujaniv:
I will stick by what we have written here repeatedly: the "change of intent" letter is not a valid procedure. What matters is what the applicant declares in their application and interview, and then again at the port of entry. No matter how many times we say this, we will still be flooded with these letters. And they will all be deleted without any change or edit to the applicants' files.

It is true that the B1/B2 visa is valid for childbirth and other medical tourism. That said, if Customs and Border Patrol determine at the POE that the applicant misconstrued their purpose of travel, that they can not afford their medical care or are in any other way ineligible, the traveler will be barred from entry and sent home. This must be a miserable experience. That is why we recommend that applicants come in for another interview to specifically declare birth intent. No, it is not required, and yes, it will cost another $160. But compared to the extreme cost and inconvenience of being turned around at the POE, it is a small price to pay.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ugoguchy(f): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2017
podada:
Dear NLers,
Please I want to confirm if my DW can open a bank account in the US. What's the procedure and which bank is Naija-friendly?
Also she flew with ET airline. How does she add our LO to her ticket.
Thanks

I have an account with wells fargo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oluwafunkenny: 7:32am On Dec 16, 2017
Hi, make sure you sort everything and agree on d cost before leaving. Womens pavilion uses paed from Texas Children's Hospital. It is an expensive one (they always ensure maximum care for the baby by running series of tests) and they are always bent on their fees (l pray you found favour). I was directed there in 2015 for my baby's check up. I paid a reduced fee of 120$ despite the fact that l was referred from Ben Taub after so many calls from my ob/gyn (they first called a ridiculous amount, my ob/gyn and the doc are colleagues from Baylor College of Medicine so she decided to waive her own charge and l paid the hospital own) only to see a bill of $1000 after a month for the test. After dragging back and forth and l was about leaving. I was given two options of paying installmentally or opting for medicaid. I had to resolve instalmental payment for 9months.

All the best.

Uniquezuri:

I shared the cost but i see my post has been modified and it has been taken off

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mikoj22: 11:30am On Dec 16, 2017
Good day NLs, Greetings to all Mamas and Dads in the house, please any one with infos on cheap flight from lagos to Newyork JFK traveling jan ending and return !st week April. Please help because the prizes am seeing there are not smiling. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by goobyparks(f): 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2017
Marylandmama:

I flew BA for my birthing trip twice and I always pay for my infant ticket at the airport on the day of departure. I just call them to add infant to my ticket. It's also faster at the airport if you pay with ur card instead of cash.

That is if there is BA @ ur airport of exit. I' l b leaving from Norfolk Airport to JFK with American airlines, I'm sure they wnt allow baby onboard without a ticket . Had to go to BWI to pay 4 a ticket last night (luckily I visited Maryland last two nights). Spent $109 on uber jst to buy a damn ticket! BA charged my baby $432 (still vexing 4 dem)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 16, 2017
[quote author=oluwafunkenny post=63325488]Hi, make sure you sort everything and agree on d cost before leaving. Womens pavilion uses paed from Texas Children's Hospital. It is an expensive one (they always ensure maximum care for the baby by running series of tests) and they are always bent on their fees (l pray you found favour). I was directed there in 2015 for my baby's check up. I paid a reduced fee of 120$ despite the fact that l was referred from Ben Taub after so many calls from my ob/gyn (they first called a ridiculous amount, my ob/gyn and the doc are colleagues from Baylor College of Medicine so she decided to waive her own charge and l paid the hospital own) only to see a bill of $1000 after a month for the test. After dragging back and forth and l was about leaving. I was given two options of paying installmentally or opting for medicaid. I had to resolve instalmental payment for 9months.

All the best.

Thanks sis. I paid my bills and the only one being contended is my epidural fee which I have been told to ignore and expect another for self pay. You have to have a pediatrician you will use for your follow up visit and if you have none , you are given a list of TCH pediatrician in houston to choose one closest to you. My baby had no issues and all her bills totalled about $500. Yeah TCH is top notch and so are their bills.lol.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Marylandmama: 8:35pm On Dec 16, 2017
goobyparks:

That is if there is BA @ ur airport of exit. I' l b leaving from Norfolk Airport to JFK with American airlines, I'm sure they wnt allow baby onboard without a ticket . Had to go to BWI to pay 4 a ticket last night (luckily I visited Maryland last two nights). Spent $109 on uber jst to buy a damn ticket! BA charged my baby $432 (still vexing 4 dem)

Don't mind them jor, their fee for infant ticket is always high. I paid $303 for my baby in June this year.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 3:24am On Dec 17, 2017
Marylandmama:

Don't mind them jor, their fee for infant ticket is always high. I paid $303 for my baby in June this year.

It's actually 10% of a one way ticket on purchase day
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 3:47am On Dec 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

In the spirit of giving back, the layover at London was not funny,flew with cig in Atlantic . Had to get a room for 50gbp for the night. Met some great ladies on the trip anyway. The flight from London to LA was empty. I could sleep on 3seats. I got into LAX on the 13th of Dec , no queue, it was auto passport checkin .

Then I processed to pick my luggage and face the CBP guy.

CBP: How long are you here for?
Me: 4months
CBP: What are u here for?
Me: Xmas and delivery next year
CBP: Anyone flighting with u today
Me: No
CPB: Do you have food
Me: yes. The guy stamped me in for 6 months
CBP: go to agric
Collected all the fruit I got on the plane

It was a breeze, I am seeing the town and waiting for my LO. Please pray for me. My doctor wants CS and my due date is still far away.

Going to Maryland And Dallas for the holidays

Please any Dallas mum in the house,

God bless...

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 8:22am On Dec 17, 2017
Good morning ppl, pls anyone that is aware of cheap flights/promo shouldn hesitate to let us know. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 8:31am On Dec 17, 2017
Delta is having a promo now, but if u flying between mid feb- end .arch 2018 and ure required to pay before Dec 31st. Just FYI
Omodadi2:
Good morning ppl, pls anyone that is aware of cheap flights/promo shouldn hesitate to let us know. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 11:35am On Dec 17, 2017
captain90210:
Delta is having a promo now, but if u flying between mid feb- end .arch 2018 and ure required to pay before Dec 31st. Just FYI

Thanks. I thought it has ended cos i checked their site and was seeing normal price. Pls how do I get to book the promo price as ppl got as low as 550k for 2 adults and an infant on the promo bt seeing 1.3M for same now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aamey15: 1:53pm On Dec 17, 2017
Hello everyone,
Please i need you advise. I travelled in nov 2015 and had my baby in Cook county hospital Chicago. In February 2016. left USA in march 2016. When i got the visa i didnt know i was pregnant.. was probably 1 and half months gone ..so when we eventually pregnant and decided to travel to have my daughter i sent a change of intent stating i was travelling with my son(a year snd half) and hubby. At POE we stated that i was gonna stay for 4 montha and hubby was staying for 2 weeks(he had a training). Paid all my bills and got receipts before i left
This year hubby and i changed jobs and all so we just applied to renew our visa (dropbox)since we both have not been able to travel... now they have invited all of us for a face to face interview.. i dunno y oo..
Please can anyone advise me... thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by julzz(f): 1:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
ladeonas:
Hello everyone,

In the spirit of giving back, the layover at London was not funny,flew with cig in Atlantic . Had to get a room for 50gbp for the night. Met some great ladies on the trip anyway. The flight from London to LA was empty. I could sleep on 3seats. I got into LAX on the 13th of Dec , no queue, it was auto passport checkin .

It was a breeze, I am seeing the town and waiting for my LO. Please pray for me. My doctor wants CS and my due date is still far away.

God bless...

Thank God for a smooth entry, you have a U.K visa?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ugoguchy(f): 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2017
aamey15:
Hello everyone,
Please i need you advise. I travelled in nov 2015 and had my baby in Cook county hospital Chicago. In February 2016. left USA in march 2016. When i got the visa i didnt know i was pregnant.. was probably 1 and half months gone ..so when we eventually pregnant and decided to travel to have my daughter i sent a change of intent stating i was travelling with my son(a year snd half) and hubby. At POE we stated that i was gonna stay for 4 montha and hubby was staying for 2 weeks(he had a training). Paid all my bills and got receipts before i left
This year hubby and i changed jobs and all so we just applied to renew our visa (dropbox)since we both have not been able to travel... now they have invited all of us for a face to face interview.. i dunno y oo..

Is obvious why the called you all, you didn't declare your intention to have your baby at the interview (like you said u ,u werent aware then ),schedule an appointment and go with your receipts,best of luck...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aamey15: 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2017
Thanks for your response i truly appreciate it,
I guess i am just surprised because i sent a change of intent before we travelled and felt that will suffice.

Do we need to take my daughter with us for the interview.

quote author=ugoguchy post=63364593]

Is obvious why the called you all, you didn't declare your intention to have your baby at the interview (like you said u ,u werent aware then ),schedule an appointment and go with your receipts,best of luck...[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
julzz:

Thank God for a smooth entry, you have a U.K visa?

Yes thank God.
No . Didn't borther entering London . Got an hotel in the airport
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by julzz(f): 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
ladeonas:

Yes thank God.
No . Didn't borther entering London . Got an hotel in the airport

Oh really, what's the name of the hotel? Did you book it ahead of time? I'm already happy about this was wondering how I would manage the layover.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
aamey15:
Hello everyone,

Lile someone rightly said,It's quite obvious why they want to see you. Did you use the visa for what it was gotten for? You stayed for 4 months,did you state at your visa interview that you were going to be away for 4 months?
I sincerely hope that they believe you when you tell them that you were not aware that you were pregnant when you got the visa,a lot lies on you to try to convince them that truly you were unaware. Go with all your receipts and zero balance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aamey15: 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
I stated at the point of entry that i will be staying for 4 months and hubby for 2 weeks which we did. So was stamped for 6 months. I truly didnt know i was pregnant cz i was breastfeeding my son at the time. When i found out i was pregnant i was advised to send a change of intent to the embassy which i did.

dere5:

Lile someone rightly said,It's quite obvious why they want to see you. Did you use the visa for what it was gotten for? You stayed for 4 months,did you state at your visa interview that you were going to be away for 4 months?
I sincerely hope that they believe you when you tell them that you were not aware that you were pregnant when you got the visa,a lot lies on you to try to convince them that truly you were unaware. Go with all your receipts and zero balance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2017
aamey15:
I stated at the point of entry that i will be staying for 4 months and hubby for 2 weeks which we did. So was stamped for 6 months. I truly didnt know i was pregnant cz i was breastfeeding my son at the time. When i found out i was pregnant i was advised to send a change of intent to the embassy which i did.

Did you mention that you are there to have your baby?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ugoguchy(f): 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
[quote author=aamey15 post=63364750]Thanks for your response i truly appreciate it,
I guess i am just surprised because i sent a change of intent before we travelled and felt that will suffice.

Do we need to take my daughter with us for the interview.

You don't have to take her along,i went alone for my follow up interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aamey15: 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2017
Yes i did...mentioned it...they just stamped our passports and told us to go..asked if we had food or alcohol..we had just baby food so we were cleared.

Didnt spend 5mins with the POE...i was even surprised.

When we arrived at atl airport, they directed all pple with small kids or pregnant to the priority check in so we had to enter our details ourselves into a screen..i think citizens too used the same screen..

We were totally cleared and we stated our intent...
So surprised at the interview call.

justwise:

Did you mention that you are there to have your baby?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2017
aamey15:
Yes i did...mentioned it...they just stamped our passports and told us to go..asked if we had food or alcohol..we had just baby food so we were cleared.

Didnt spend 5mins with the POE...i was even surprised.

When we arrived at atl airport, they directed all pple with small kids or pregnant to the priority check in so we had to enter our details ourselves into a screen..i think citizens too used the same screen..

We were totally cleared and we stated our intent...
So surprised at the interview call.

Inviting ppl for interview isnt a new thing anymore so dont be surprised. If you read some pages backwards, youll see various scenarios of ppl who declared, paid, and didnt overstay yet called for interview, i'm awaiting mine too. Got our visas for birth purpose and paid all bills. DH was granted at dropbox while i was asked to schedule interview. Just gather your documents and pray. wish us d best!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aye88: 9:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
Poe interview

Arrived los Angeles and was directed to the automated machine. Filled in my details and was cleared to pick up my baggage..at the exit, met a cbp officer and questions as follows

How long are you staying
Me: 12 weeks
Do you have food
Me: yes
What and What
Me: dried fish and cray fish
Ok
Stamps my passport and says I'm free to go.
End of story

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mikoj22: 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2017
Thank God for the smooth entry.....wishing you safe delivery.

ladeonas:
Hello everyone,

God bless...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mikoj22: 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
Congrats!!

aye88:
Poe interview

Arrived los Angeles and was directed to the automated machine. Filled in my details and was cleared to pick up my baggage..at the exit, met a cbp officer and questions as follows

How long are you staying
Me: 12 weeks
Do you have food
Me: yes
What and What
Me: dried fish and cray fish
Ok
Stamps my passport and says I'm free to go.
End of story

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.