Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975094 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
anonymousmum:

Yeah it's not bad at all. It's the child's own that is mind boggling.

With this fx wahala I doubt the fare will reduce from 367k that it is and your son's fare will be any lower too since its a certain percent of yours
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boluwagin: 8:42pm On Jan 13, 2017
Please Mama's in the house who has gone for the Tarrant County Card, How did you go about it? Any mom in ForthWorth area of Dallas? Halla! It would be nice to hook up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phunmie306: 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2017
Urbanbeauty
To God be all the glory, we had my baby on the 23rd of December at Oakbend medical center with Dr E. The service was exceptional and nurses were very friendly.

We got all her documents ( birth certificate, blue passport, social securiy no and emergency travel certifcate) all in one week this January.

My host was very nice and sweet and was very helpful.
My profound gratitude goes to every kind contributor on this platform, the words of advice were invaluable.

May God bless us all.

Congrats dear!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lollarojo: 10:40pm On Jan 13, 2017
lollarojo:
Good day all expecting moms and moms,
Pls a quick one, HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO SORT THIS DOLLAR PURCHASING ISSUE ASIDE BUYING FROM BUREAU D CHANGE?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by beejay112: 11:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
Good day mama in the house.anyone in Richmond Virginia island willing to share apartment pls inbox me mabelonigbanjo1@gmail.com tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 12:56am On Jan 14, 2017
chloe7:

Child is 60% of adult fare abi?, 691k is high o, na wa o. Just put a price alert on your dates and also call them give them the month your travelling and tell them to tell you the cheapest dates to fly in that month
Tickets prices are not smiling at all, I bought Emirates tickets 1.5m for my wife and my 2 kids to Seattle for xmass vacation last december, Emirates is even the cheapest,other airlines are from 2m upwards. they will be back by next week,Its not easy now and even heart breaking to buy aviation tickets in this Buhari Era. May God help Us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 1:05am On Jan 14, 2017
cisco123:
Hello mates,
My LO would be 23months on departure and 25months old on return. Should I select child or infant while booking our ticket?
Please help
U have to select CHILD so far your LO will turn 2yrs before your arrival. if u dont select CHILD u will be asked to pay the balance before your arrival,.but they must see it when u will fill the date of birth of your LO in the ticket. It has happened to me in 2014 with my daughter. I just brought down their arrival date by one week, to make them come back before she is 2yrs.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gagat: 3:22am On Jan 14, 2017
Hello Mamas and Papas in the house !!! Happy New year to everyone!
Congratulation to everyone who had their Visas granted, successful POE, safe delivery and successful completion of their missionary journey. And For those whose went otherwise, never give up...keep pushing forward. To God be the Glory!!!

My missionary journey began over a week ago when I arrived at Newark, my POE. God was in control and it went thus;
CBP: hello, Passport? why are you here?
Me: hello, to have my baby.
CBP Seemed a newbie, so a nearby CBP who overheard my response quickly told him what to do.
CBP: where will that be and have you Got any Dr's correspondence?
Me: yes and handed it to him
CBP: Good! So how much have you got
Me: $? And my DH will be coming with more before my delivery.
CBP: stamped me in for 6mth and wished me a safe delivery and a happy stay.

Thanking God for a smooth entry and praying for a safe supernatural delivery and a testimony filled successful missionary journey for us all. Amen
Thanking all those who have helped me in one way or the other on this forum, God bless you real good!!!

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 6:03am On Jan 14, 2017
Good people of nairaland. Thank God for successful journey and POE experience at JFK (will share details later). A quick one please, who knows anything about "Temporary Medical Insurance".
Detailed information will be appreciated from whoever has heard or used it before for any reason noto necessarily for childbirth ohh.
Please note the information is required for something else not for childbirth biko help out with firsthand info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nozzle(m): 6:53am On Jan 14, 2017
My good ppl
With the very outrageous hike in airfare expecially for the june/july/august mamas! How do we go about this...pls any suggestions?
For those of us going for our missionary journey in the middle of this year, this is a serious quagmire..the only relatively cheap airline now is turkish.-( 498k is now the new cheap..God save us shocked)
Pls my very smart ppl in the house, how do we solve this very unpleasant puzzle. Is thr going to be any kind of promo soon? Or are going to get out of recession in this quater and possibly see dollar ramping down along side other things including airfare I am paying for myself and my DW and the prices am seeing isn't funny at all.
Pls we need help o..if u knw anyone who knows someone that knows an agent that can help.. cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nozzle(m): 7:18am On Jan 14, 2017
............POEs after January 20th...........
I am pretty sure this has been in our minds but some how we really don't want to air it out, some of us rather take the path of faith..the hope that it will be business as usual or the assumption that not much changes can happen in the first one year of office. Personally I think it's something we should brainstorm abt, so we can avoid pitfalls or avoid being made scapegoats. I will set this off in form of questions...
I got chatting with a fellow nairalander and she told me how I mst avoid houston poe. So I decided to re-read by searching through houston Poe, then I came across a poe experience one of us posted.

cbp- don't worry with my new president pple like you wouldn't b coming here so easily again,he is gona stop all this and he angrily. tld me to stand smwer in d middle n called security excort

My ppl in the house, is houston poe a place or an experience we should avoid this new era, or its all just a brag and everything will still be normal...and if we mst avoid it what are our options? Some of us have issues o, i give u an example, my DW has never travelled before she got her US visa on a virgin passport..B1/B2. She wasn't pregnant then, we recently wrote a notification of change of intent and we got the same old reply we all get.
Can someone in her situation make it thru a houston poe in this new era?
Let's talk abt this my ppl...am not ready to waste my hard earned money.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 8:40am On Jan 14, 2017
Here is a wonderful Idea, if you have been successful in your visa application and you are asking for help, please quote your transcript when asking for help, or tips you used when you applied. And if you haven't posted your transcript or your tips, please do that, before asking for help.

Lets do MMM for help - PH and GH. grin

where PH - Provide Help and GH - Give Help

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by beejay112: 9:54am On Jan 14, 2017
Good morning n/land family... Is there anyone in Richmond Virginia willing to share their apartment, pls inbox me mabelonigbanjo1@gmail... Cuss I will be flying next week God bless you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boluwagin: 12:36pm On Jan 14, 2017
boluwagin:
Please Mama's in the house who has gone for the Tarrant County Card, How did you go about it? Any mom in ForthWorth area of Dallas? Halla! It would be nice to hook up.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2017
Good people of nairaland. Where are the mamas that gave birth to there lo at houston northwest medical centre? How did it go and what was ur pediatric bill like and what advice will u give for soon to be mamas using same hospital. Also, did u call the pediatrician that attended to u before u gave birth? Pls mamas don't ignore.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dami20: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2017
Good morning nairaland mamas and papas , thanks for all help and informations.
Went for interview in abuja with DH middle of December, 2016. we were interviewed by a young lady.

CBP - Good morning ,passports pls
Dh and I - good morning and passed it over
CBP - Why do u want to travel
Dh and I - to have our baby in USA.
CBP - what do u do
Me- ...... Business
Dh- work in .... Company as ....
CBP - how long have u worked there
Dh - ....yrs
CBP. - Have u been married before
Me - no , was a single parent
Dh- no
CBP - How long have u been married
Dh and I - .... Years
CBP - how did u both meet
Dh and I - line of business both smiling
CBP- oh ! OK
CBP - how much is available for your trip
Dh and l- about $15000-$16000
CBP- have u contacted a hospital and what's the name.
Me- yes, wycknoff hospital , new york
CBP- who will look after ur child while u are away
Dh - my mother.
Your visa has been approved pick up in three days, when u get to the poe be honest with them the way you are with me.
That was how the white sheet was handed over to us.

Part 2 - Poe's experience on 6th of January, 2017
I had to travel alone , Came in through new Jersey- ,EWR airport. Ordered a wheelchair so for the plane was wheeled to immigration.
Me - hello, the guy that was pushing the wheelchair already had my passport so he hands it over, was still sitting on the wheelchair.
Poe- put ur 4 right fingers on the machine, so why are u here
Me- am here to have my baby
Poe- asked again as if he didnt here me ,why are u here.
Me- to give birth, am pregnant.
(I was really really showing)
Poe left for a few seconds don't know what he told or asked his superior but I overheard that one say if you are not satisfied send her over to .... Room.
I was just praying in my mind for God's favour.
Poe- what do u do
I told him
Poe - how much money is available for this trip?
As u all know how dollars hard to find for Nigeria cash was $1600 and about £200 plus $5000 in card.
And I told him my husband will b coming before I give birth with more money.
Poe- smiled and said welcome, sure u are happy.
now.
I said ofcos yes, thank you so much and was wheeled to pickup my bag.

Am so I take enter America ook. So grateful to all that contributed and are still contributing to this forum. I gained so much knowledge.
God bless you all.

Sorry about the long story.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dami20: 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2017
Nozzle:
My good ppl
With the very outrageous hike in airfare expecially for the june/july/august mamas! How do we go about this...pls any suggestions?
For those of us going for our missionary journey in the middle of this year, this is a serious quagmire..the only relatively cheap airline now is turkish.-( 498k is now the new cheap..God save us shocked)
Pls my very smart ppl in the house, how do we solve this very unpleasant puzzle. Is thr going to be any kind of promo soon? Or are going to get out of recession in this quater and possibly see dollar ramping down along side other things including airfare I am paying for myself and my DW and the prices am seeing isn't funny at all.
Pls we need help o..if u knw anyone who knows someone that knows an agent that can help.. cry

Try contacting an agent tell them to enroute your trip to USA through canada but your return can be through canada or Frankfort.
Although layover in canada can b abit lengthy eg 7-13hrs.
The only thing u will need to do after you buy the ticket is to apply for Canadian transit visa and its easy ,you need to apply for it online. It takes less than 24hrs for it to b approved.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 7:38pm On Jan 14, 2017
Looking for u o.
[
quote author=oniwoski post=52687135]hi Houston northwest medical Mamas

Anyone interested in sharing one room two beds in intown suit....the room is neat nd spacious. I Have to opt for this considering dollar rate to naira....e no funny....infact i can do 2 people one bed....d way it is doing me here....paying 270 alone weekly no be joking things...i haff tired ooo. I am also considering d option of renting an apartment incase anyone wanna share....

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TimcyWhyte: 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hello Everyone. Thank you all for all your informations and suggestions. Pls anyone travelling to Chicago around March and wants to share apartment. Please am interested. Please incase you have apartment already to share. Kindly holla at me on timcywhyte@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 1:14am On Jan 15, 2017
mommatriplets:
cheap ticket hustle is real now o.
who has flown air kenya to europe?...its the cheapest m seeing.

2ndly cn some 1 confirm that air france 1 can go to their office and pay in naira using official bank rte?

Yes, you can go to their office and pay in Naira. I did same and paid 307 naira for a dollar

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 2:06am On Jan 15, 2017
Urbanbeauty:
To God be all the glory, we had my baby on the 23rd of December at Oakbend medical center with Dr E. The service was exceptional and nurses were very friendly.

We got all her documents ( birth certificate, blue passport, social securiy no and emergency travel certifcate) all in one week this January.

My host was very nice and sweet and was very helpful.

My profound gratitude goes to every kind contributor on this platform, the words of advice were invaluable.

May God bless us all.

Congratulations.... Please does your host do the accomodation stuff as a business or you knew her on personal grounds. I will like to get the contact if she does ut as a business. you can send me a mail on fregdave@gmail.com

thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mom2015: 6:00am On Jan 15, 2017
Gagat:
Hello Mamas and Papas in the house !!! Happy New year to everyone!
Congratulation to everyone who had their Visas granted, successful POE, safe delivery and successful completion of their missionary journey. And For those whose went otherwise, never give up...keep pushing forward. To God be the Glory!!!

My missionary journey began over a week ago when I arrived at Newark, my POE. God was in control and it went thus;
CBP: hello, Passport? why are you here?
Me: hello, to have my baby.
CBP Seemed a newbie, so a nearby CBP who overheard my response quickly told him what to do.
CBP: where will that be and have you Got any Dr's correspondence?
Me: yes and handed it to him
CBP: Good! So how much have you got
Me: $? And my DH will be coming with more before my delivery.
CBP: stamped me in for 6mth and wished me a safe delivery and a happy stay.

Thanking God for a smooth entry and praying for a safe supernatural delivery and a testimony filled successful missionary journey for us all. Amen
Thanking all those who have helped me in one way or the other on this forum, God bless you real good!!!

Congrats dear....part 2 success story loading..... It will all end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 6:40am On Jan 15, 2017
TKM Snr & Jnr Update: End of Missionary journey.

Hi everyone. I've looked forward to writing Dis for long but time wont just let me. Truly, everything changes when baby shows. I arrived Nigeria few days ago to the glory of God. I salute baba God for victory. Nobody else to take this glory! He deserves my praise o!
In this journey, I was duped of N2m on my birthday in december and also had a near-fatal car crash (car is a write off!) but TKM snr & Jnr are all alive and well. No scratch!
I'll share my trip summary, delivery story and tips for anyone to learn cos I learnt a lot! I'll attend to PMs directly for details if necessary.
DELIVERY
I initially planned using st peters NJ but on arrival, I discovered more hidden fees at st peters so I started considering my plan B seriously. Apart from Vag delivery of $8000 and CSS $12,000, oda Fees included extra day for mum $1800 and extra day for baby $1300. I couldn't do dat so I decided to opt out. Eventually did St Mary's (thanks to Funtolash for all d tips & details). Vag delivery $4000 and CS $5000.
My delivery breakdown.
Dr Fares $2000
Pediatrician (Dr Zamani) thru Dr Fares office $750 inclusive of all baby's hosp assessment.
Hosp fee for CS $5000 inclusive of hosp tests.
Anesthesia $1000 (sent to u by post after discharge)
SSN applied for at d hosp along wit Birth Cert.
Birth Cert ready & collected at town hall 4 days after discharge (I applied monday & collected Friday). $10 per copy.
SSN arrived 3wks after birth. In between, I commenced applyin for USA passport by post. Paid $160 for expedited (came in post after 9days). Was told expedited was 2-3wks but regular application 6weeks. Since it will enter Xmas period, I did expedited. Adding USPS speed post, passport photo fee of $15, everything came up to around $220. It was well worth it cos it took d stress of carrying baby to NY off me. Not too mention logistics.
Infant ticket with BA $267. They insisted baby's ticket was 1 way saying that's the remaining part of the trip as baby must be attached to an adult. I paid at the airport on departure.
On board bassinet was provided, air hostesses were nice and helpful.

Talking about excess luggage, I was fortunate to meet considerate staff at the airport. I inevitably checked in 9 items. Plus stroller,car seat and base.
General Tips.
1. Pls don't Go alone if possible. It always helps. If u can afford it. I enjoyed d help I Got from my sister even tho because baby came 4wks early,it meant my sis eventually came "late" but still very helpful.
2. U need post delivery care especially after CS.
3. Open many new accounts and travel wit ATM cards. Walmart,Kmart, Burlington and many other small stores (Burger King etc) accept naija Viisa or mastercard at N325 per dollar.
4. Access Bank Atm is d best -until proven otherwise. Access bank monthly limit for POS & online transactions is $200.
5. Uber and Lyft are your best friends. Requires a USA registered Payment card.
6. Amazon baby registry is the best!
7. Use Nigeria visa cards to buy stuffs so that if you happen to return any, you stand the chance of receiving cash instead. That way, you get dollars at Good rate in exchange for your naira.
8. Ask for help anytime.
9. Pray. Pray. Pray. Have faith wen u pray!
10. Be confident you will succeed.

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Peebles23(f): 8:59am On Jan 15, 2017
I'm present part 5!!!! We growing large cheesy[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mzchibbs: 10:00am On Jan 15, 2017
Hello NL family, thanks for all the info here. Please I've gone through various posts but couldn't find anything for Seattle. Please anyone with hospital info for Seattle? I will be most grateful. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nozzle(m): 10:21am On Jan 15, 2017
dami20:

Try contacting an agent tell them to enroute your trip to USA through canada but your return can be through canada or Frankfort.
Although layover in canada can b abit lengthy eg 7-13hrs.
The only thing u will need to do after you buy the ticket is to apply for Canadian transit visa and its easy ,you need to apply for it online. It takes less than 24hrs for it to b approved.

Thanks alot, I have included that as one of my options. ..ive started asking agents already.
Congrats on ur smooth poe experience.
We look forward to more of your testimonies,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2017
Mzchibbs:
Hello NL family, thanks for all the info here. Please I've gone through various posts but couldn't find anything for Seattle. Please anyone with hospital info for Seattle? I will be most grateful. Thanks

Someone used seattle in part2 and flew emirates, I can't remember the moniker but seattle isn't a commonly used place, so you might want to use more of Google to search for Hospitals & doctors

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bmahn: 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
Ronkutu:
Thanks to everyone who takes out their time to give back to make this missionary journey a success for all of us.
I have been a silent reader and have gained alot from this platform. God bless you all.
I plan travelling to Chicago in January 2017 and is in need of a good accomodation in a good location as I intend using John H Strogger Hospital in Cook County.
I dont mind sharing accomodation if there is one.
please whats their bills like
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TimcyWhyte: 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
[quote author=Ronkutu post=51917399]January 18 to return to Nigeria in March ending[/quote

Please when you finally get accommodation in Chicago when you arrive, please kindly reserve your space for me in the shared apartment as I will be coming in March Before you leave for Nigeria. Thank you. Please contact me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 2:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
TripleKMama:
TKM Snr & Jnr Update: End of Missionary journey.

Hi everyone. I've looked forward to writing Dis for long but time wont just let me. Truly, everything changes when baby shows. I arrived Abuja on d morning of Jan 12 to the glory of God. I salute baba God for victory. Nobody else to take dis glory! He deserves my praise o!
In dis journey, I was duped of N2m on my birthday in december and also had a near-fatal car crash (car is a write off!) but TKM snr & Jnr are all alive and well. no scratch!
I'll share my trip summary, delivery story and tips for anyone to learn cos I learnt a lot! I'll occasionally modify d post to add anytin I rmbr but PM directly for details if necessary.
DELIVERY
I initially planned using st peters NJ as a relative was to take my delivery (totally waived ObGyn fees for me) but on arrival, I discovered more hidden fees at st peters so I started considering my plan B seriously. Apart from Vag delivery of $8000 and CSS $12,000, oda Fees included extra day for mum $1800 and extra day for baby $1300. I couldn't do dat so I decided to opt out. Eventually did St Mary's (thanks to Funtolash for all d tips & details). Vag delivery $4000 and CS $5000.
My delivery breakdown.
Dr Fares $2000
Pediatrician thru Dr Fares office (Zamani) $750
Hosp fee for CS $5000 inclusive of lab tests
Anesthesia $1000

TKM , i thank the Lord on your behalf o,that you came out of it alive and strong. Did i hear you right that you were duped 2m inside this Buhari recession . The Lord is your muscle o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.