Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,860 members, 7,802,756 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker (10116 Views)

Help My Face Is Getting Darker!!!! / What Cream And Soap Can A Dark Skin Person Use / Please Help My Skin Is Getting Darker Everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by Upiyatam(m): 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2009
hi, evryone, my husband complaints that his son who by the way is 18 months old is gettn dark by the day,since we got transfered to bida, niger state where the sun is hell on earth.anyone with useful advice on wat cream for babies to use will be appreciated.my hussie is really pissed.thanks.
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2009
As kids grow they change, please dont use any chemicals on the boy except you want to nurse cancer/kidney failure soon. Go to the pediatric ward of National Hospital and see the kids with cancer and kidney failure, then your sons complexion will not be a big issue. You are his mother, tell your husband that kids change. No cream abeg, a word is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by iice(f): 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2009
Nna na wah undecided
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by mohawkchic(f): 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2009
[size=13pt]~What you need is Sunhats,Suncreen. .cover up the parts of his body that are exposed to the sun. . . usually the forearms,face. . .[/size]
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2009
it shouldnt be a big deal but keep him inside if it worries you.
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by SeanT21(f): 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2009
Whats wrong with getting darker?? Leave the boy alone and don't destroy his skin with chemicals at this early age.
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2009
@ poster:

ur baby cannot be as yellow as he was when you gave birth to him.
so if he starts school and mixes up with other folks, and he gets darker, u'd want him to still be yellow.
Anyways u can start by mixing hot movate and mercury so he'd be lighter.
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by bluespice(f): 2:12am On Oct 28, 2009
wtf! did i just read someone reccomending mercury

i'll assume u were joking
for ur sanity, ill assume so. . .
miss mother of child, tell your husband and yourself while ur at it, that no one's complexion remains the same from childbirth
if ur child is getting darker, keep him away from the sun, use hats and i'm pretty sure there will be sun screens for kids too. . . i'm not entirely sure
even if there isnt, just keep the baby away from direct sun. Use umbrellas when u go out. . .
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by Sissy3(f): 5:27am On Oct 28, 2009
woman, listen some babies do get darker as they grow and this usually due to the melatonin in their skin. when they were born and probably still in your womb they werent exposed to sunlight but as they get older, their skin pigmentation begin to surface and this tend to change their skin tone and protects them from the sunlight.  these are genetics dear. dont worry or bother yourself over it

you need to tell that to your husband and while youre at it, make sure you are protected from the sun whenever you both are out in the sun.

i hope your over worried husband dont suggest any "special creams" and any other nonsense to use. hes still a baby, calm your husband down.
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 28, 2009
My jamaican frriend was really light skin as a baby, now shez dark, really dark.

I think its natural.

If itz only the sun darkening skin up in Niger, there wouldnt be light skin peeps there
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 28, 2009
bluespice:

wtf! did i just read someone reccomending mercury

i'll assume u were joking
for your sanity, ill assume so,

nope I'm very serious, wat kind of mother is thinkin of lightening her son's skin at such a tender age!
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by yjay(f): 9:25am On Oct 28, 2009
sunscreen & perhaps a good brand baby moisturizer (johnsons)
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by oyinda3(f): 12:23am On Oct 29, 2009
use sunscreen to protect your baby from sun damage.
otherwise, there is nothing you can do about the darkness. maybe you can divorce ur husband and marry a lighter skinned one. then your next child will have a higher chance of retaining the baby color.

It saddens me to see parents trying to doing whatever is possible to make their babies retain that "baby hair" or "light color" that's just not possible. nature will always win. it's not about how much sun you get but how much melanin you have in your body that really determines ur color.
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by OgidiBoy(m): 12:40am On Oct 29, 2009
I maybe wrong, but I don't think the poster is just trying to retain her baby's light skin, some ppl do actually burn if exposed to direct sunlight. My little sister also has sun burns on her forehead and area under her eyes if she is exposed to direct sunlight during the summer months.

@ Poster,

Get you some SPF preferably SPF 15, it helps to cover you from most of the sun's UV rays.
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by mbulela: 2:52am On Oct 29, 2009
@ poster, ask Rita Dominic.
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by Outstrip(f): 4:06am On Oct 29, 2009
Can someone please tell this woman that she sounds like a fool. Someone please tell her because I do not want to be the one to say it.

1 Like

Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by OgidiBoy(m): 4:11am On Oct 29, 2009
@ Poster,

Outstrip said I should tell you that you sound like a fool angry
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by Outstrip(f): 4:13am On Oct 29, 2009
LOL. I just did not have the heart to say it. I really feel sorry for that child.
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by OgidiBoy(m): 4:20am On Oct 29, 2009
Outstrip:

LOL. I just did not have the heart to say it. I really feel sorry for that child.

It could be for real though, some kids will burn when the exposed to direct sun, Texas sun will burn your skin if you light skinned or have sensitive skin.
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by Outstrip(f): 4:34am On Oct 29, 2009
She said he is getting darker not that he is burning. I am dark skinned and have had sun burn in the past. We all have to protect our skin. She is worried about him getting dark not getting burned
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by OgidiBoy(m): 4:41am On Oct 29, 2009
Yeah but your skin turns darker when you burn right ?
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by Outstrip(f): 4:55am On Oct 29, 2009
Yes I do turn darker in the summer not because I burn. I am talking of sun burn not just turning darker like everybody else. I had a nasty one on my shoulder just like when so put a hot iron on your skin. That was what it looked and felt like
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by OgidiBoy(m): 5:04am On Oct 29, 2009
Just maybe the poster don't want her kid to be sunburned or darker. We light skinned folks don't want to be black like you guys so give us a break ok tongue
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by Outstrip(f): 5:11am On Oct 29, 2009
We don't want to be yellow like you folks either that's why w edo not bleach
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by THEAMAKA(f): 5:18am On Oct 29, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Just maybe the poster don't want her kid to be sunburned or darker. We light skinned folks don't want to be black like you guys so give us a break ok tongue
i hope you are kidding cause thats a horrible thing to say.
inferiority complex at its worst!

please say you are kidding.
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by OgidiBoy(m): 5:25am On Oct 29, 2009
I was just kidding grin

How come Cali girls just love freaking out for no reason, I guess it's that west coast attitude tongue
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2009
Don't you think its just too early to start looking for such creams? undecided
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by davidif: 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2009
[size=18pt]WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH BEING DARK?!??!?!?[/size] angry angry angry GOSH AFRICANS AND OUR LOW SELF ESTEEM  cry cry cry cry angry angry NA I KNOW BLAME UNA NA COLO MENTALITY DEY CAUSE THIS NONSENSE. BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL; VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL. Haven't you people seen Lance Gross, Tiffany Hines or Gabrielle Union?

BTW, Thoniaslim, mamita don't make me lose my breath abeg (wooooh, its getting hot in here) you go kill person o with that your pic. If i catch you, the things i would loooooove to do to you mmmmmmmh grin
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2009
davidif:

[size=18pt]WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH BEING DARK?!??!?!?[/size] angry angry angry GOSH AFRICANS AND OUR LOW SELF ESTEEM  cry cry cry cry angry angry NA I KNOW BLAME UNA NA COLO MENTALITY DEY CAUSE THIS NONSENSE. BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL; VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL. Haven't you people seen Lance Gross, Tiffany Hines or Gabrielle Union

u have said it all!
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by redsky1: 12:10am On Oct 30, 2009
Outstrip:

Can someone please tell this woman that she sounds like a fool. Someone please tell her because I do not want to be the one to say it.

TOO FUNNY

@poster - no start using fair and white and when he is 24 months u will come on here to say ur son has liver and kidney damage - my friend go and sit ur ignorant behind in ur house and find sunscreen to protect him from the sun.

this one he is a boy - na wah if to say na a girl you would have started bleaching her at 6 months abi!

1 Like

Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by OgidiBoy(m): 12:23am On Oct 30, 2009
davidif:

[size=18pt]WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH BEING DARK?!??!?!?[/size] angry angry angry GOSH AFRICANS AND OUR LOW SELF ESTEEM cry cry cry cry angry angry NA I KNOW BLAME UNA NA COLO MENTALITY DEY CAUSE THIS NONSENSE. BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL; VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL. Haven't you people seen Lance Gross, Tiffany Hines or Gabrielle Union?

BTW, Thoniaslim, mamita don't make me lose my breath abeg (wooooh, its getting hot in here) you go kill person o with that your pic. If i catch you, the things i would loooooove to do to you mmmmmmmh grin

Hold yourself my friend, Thoniaslim is already taken angry angry

Hey slim I seriously suggest you look into modeling, Tyra Banks ain't got shit on you for real shocked shocked shocked shocked, Do you mind if I save your pic and brag to my friends in Jos that you my gf ?
Re: Advice On What Cream To Use On My 18 Month Old Son Who's Getting Darker by THEAMAKA(f): 2:05am On Oct 30, 2009
OgidiBoy:

[/b]

Hold yourself my friend, Thoniaslim is already taken angry angry

Hey slim I seriously suggest you look into modeling, Tyra Banks ain't got shit on you for real shocked shocked shocked shocked, Do you mind if I save your pic and brag to my friends in Jos that you my gf ?
na wa ooooo
i really do hope you were kidding this time tooo.
why would you wanna do that? dont you have a girlfriend?
is she too ugly or something?
again, na wa ooooo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

China Scarf Factory, Best Scarf Supplier In China / What Is The Universal Name For Studs Used On Traditional Kalabari Men's Attire / ZARA Bodycon Dress Selling For As Low As 2,000.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.