Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,163 members, 7,807,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment (44352 Views)

6 Basic Home Gym Equipment You Need For Your Weight Loss Program. / Throat Cancer & MouthAction: Why Men Should Use Fingers & Not Tongue - Dr. Mensah / 13 Best Remedy For Sore Throat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Adekanyeope: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2016
Sore throats, alluded to by medicinal experts as "intense pharyngitis," can be brought on by various diverse infections and microbes. Around 70% of sore throats are brought on by infections, for example, frosty infections and other upper respiratory tract infections that taint the tissues around the throat. Sore throat is described by pain, distress, or scratchiness in the throat, frequently connected with pain while swallowing.

Causes of Sore Throat

Sore throats are usually caused by inflammation or infection of the pharynx (pharyngitis) or tonsils (tonsillitis), but may also include other areas surrounding the throat, such as the larynx (laryngitis).

Most sore throats have infectious disease origins, but some can result from breathing in dry, cold air through the mouth (for example, during the winter) or from having a foreign object stuck in the throat (for example, a fish or chicken bone).

Most sore throats are caused by viruses. Many occur at the beginning of a cold, when runny noses drain down the back of the throat and irritate it. Sore throats can also be caused by actual infection of the throat, such as strep throat, which is caused by bacteria (Streptococcus).

Basic Home treatments for Sore Throat

The good news is that most sore throats do not last long. However, a few home remedies may be useful for providing relief:
Drink warm liquids, such as honey or pap
Gargle with warm salt water (half teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of water)
Drink cold liquids or suck on Popsicle (for some sore throats)
Suck on hard candies rich in Vitamin C
Use a cool-mist vaporizer or humidifier
Take over-the-counter pain medicine, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol)
Note: Since most sore throats are caused by viruses, they cannot be treated with antibiotics (which are specific for bacterial infections). In fact, antibiotics are not recommended unless the infection is definitively diagnosed as a bacterial infection, usually through a positive strep test or bacterial culture of the throat

SOURCE : http://www.2000viewsng.com/2016/10/everything-you-need-to-know-about-sore.html

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by veekid(m): 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2016
Three gbosa; Buh that picture though

10 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by cassidy1996(m): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
Good to know, thanks!

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by eheh10: 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
thanks OP..that pic tho

3 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by pharmadoctor(m): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
Take lincomycin and that's all

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Winnyluv(f): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
shocked hmmm
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Divepen1(m): 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
Make sense. Thanks
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by powerfulsettingz: 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
Each time am been visited by this sore throat, all I feel like is swallowing big foods

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
No local herb treatment such as agbo grin
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by agbq31: 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2016
nice post OP

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by NotNairalandi(m): 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2016
please op...what if the sore throat is sdfhyijhydgtkprfigmented with something like sghftraetal,do i still need to take warm water? undecided
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by edsolo51: 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
Nice thread op

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by acada111(f): 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
veekid:
Three gbosa; Buh that picture though

Terrible pix embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by teacherbim(f): 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
Hmmm,gbofungbofun or belubelu really painful

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Kennedymac(m): 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
ok seen
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Wazzaowner(m): 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
Hw i wishd u ve posted this last week, almost die of sore throat. But Thank God I survived.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Dyt(f): 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
You get your throat sored when you spit on the floor and someone else steps on it.

angry angry angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Bisjosh(f): 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
Im having sore throat right now and its graduating to cough

Epp me Edakun cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by celestialAgent(m): 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
Op, is you intend to use that pic to illustrate sore throat, then you fuc.ked up...
That's a rotten mouth there bro...

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by realbitez(m): 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
Both hot and cold fluid, undecidedBoth hot and cold fluid,
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Tgold1(m): 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
decayed teeth
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Bisjosh(f): 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
Each time am been visited by this sore throat, all I feel like is swallowing big foods

grin grin angry cheesy

pharmadoctor:
Take lincomycin and that's all

How long will it take to relief me?
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Pavore9: 12:48pm On Oct 31, 2016
I juice ginger and garlic together and down it goes.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Tgold1(m): 12:48pm On Oct 31, 2016
decayed teeth
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Feranchek(m): 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
gbagaun!!!
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by NOC1(m): 12:50pm On Oct 31, 2016
my christmas wahala, immediately i travel village swallow dust na so e go appear. i just treat it with two or three capsules of ampiclux. I will just open it and pour it into my mouth, one capsule within the space of 1o hrs.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by superfelix: 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
nice! change that pic abeg
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by jeeqaa7(m): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
ok
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by glimpse(f): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
I add lemon juice and honey to warm water.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Lilimax(f): 1:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
Lozenges especially Dequadine na im sure pass embarassed
I no fit shout! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Bamz(m): 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
Winnyluv:
shocked hmmm

Lol what?
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Sore Throat + Basic Home Treatment by Dexema(m): 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2016
As little an infection as it might seem, sore throat has the ability to effectively ruin your day with excruciating pain when swallowing.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebola Panic In Ife: OAU Student Quarantined, Confesses Contact With Enemuo / First Case Of Suspected Ebola Discovered In New York City, Usa!!! / Abdulwahab Mohammad, Judge Slumps, Dies After A Tooth Removal Procedure (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.