Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. (61151 Views)

5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / Anambra Governor, Obiano's Official Bullet-Proof Car (PHOTO) / Importation Of Bullet Proof Cars Gets EUC Requirement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by AutoJoshNG: 12:16pm On Oct 31, 2016
A population census of bullet proof cars will definitely reveal that Nigeria has one of the highest within its borders. With over 110,000 bullet proof cars in use worldwide, our politicians and business executives have put Nigeria on the map of top markets for car armouring companies. These companies also got tonnes of demand from Nigerian before the 2015 election.

These cars are popular in Nigeria but many of us don't recognise them. Some people don't recognise them because the makers usually leave the external appearance unchanged. This is however a security measure which makes the cars look as inconspicuous as possible. I always wonder when people ask me "how did you know that's a bullet proof car"? And I am like, can't you see it written all over the ride?

See some clues below...

Windscreen and windows:

In bulletproofing, the vehicle glass is referred to as “transparent armor.” It is a sandwich of polycarbonate (plastic) and leaded glass. This thick layered glass is the most obvious part that reveals the identity of bullet proof cars. Similarly, see pictures in this post.. and the windscreen and window edges will give you a clearer understanding of what the glass looks like. Can you now see the thick dark edges?

Run flat tyres:

These tyres provide the ability to keep driving even if the tyres have been shot. Run flat tyres which is also used by conventional cars can help you travel an additional 100 kilometres before replacement. These tyres can be identified by their thick sidewalls and additional side bolstering which are wrapped around the tyres. The bolstering prevents the wheels from touching the ground when the tyres go flat.

Up-close, you'll also see the RSC inscription on the car tyres. The RSC means Run-flat System Component. Furthermore, you could see other codes like SSR (Self Supporting Run Flat), EMT (ExtendedMobility Tyre), ZP (Zero Pressure), DSST (Dunlop Self Supporting Tyre) etc.. depending on the tyres that comes with the car. Note that some conventional cars also come with run flat tyres.

Suspension:

If you are a fan of Alex Mahone in Prison Break, I am sure you'll remember how he was able to identify the bullet proof Limo amongst other Limos. A car that is carrying additional weight of 550 kg to 1,000 kg can be singled out if you have those eyes like Inspired Autos and Gidicars. This is due to the fact that some of the bullet proof cars may ride slightly lower and heavier than conventional cars despite their enhanced suspensions.

Non operational windows:

To offer maximum protection, bullet proof car manufacturers recommend the non operational windows. So if you see the driver of that luxury ride who has to open the door of the car to get that document or to pay his fee at lekki toll gate, that ride is probably armoured. However, some still come with the rolling windows despite the fact that it compromises protection.

Gunports:

This is an opening through which a gun can be fired. This feature is found in a few privately owned amoured cars. Nevertheless, it is common in bullion vans and those Rapid Response trucks.

Finally, all these features and many more like the explosion-resistant fuel tank, comes at an average additional cost of $100,000 (N47 Million). This N47 Million excludes the purchase cost of the vehicle.

Who can guess the name of the most popular bullet proof car in the world?

https://autojosh.com/bullet-proof-cars/

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by yeyeboi(m): 12:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
Thanks For The Information OP, Make Me Sef Go Grab My Own grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by dec0four: 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
Educating and informative

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
I wonder how they look like after being hit with an M3?

grin grin grin grin

Meanwhile somewhere in Anambra...
wink wink wink

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by friendly101: 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2016

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by dejt4u(m): 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
Test it wit a bullet to identify it

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by Ekakamba: 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
grin[size=20pt]Who bulletproof car epp? Gimme 'accidentproof' car kawai. tongue[/size]

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
I see lalasticlala viewing this thread.
Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by tizzdi(m): 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
Gh
Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by loobby(m): 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
Go inside the car let me test it with aka47 riffle then I will kwere
Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by LordBaelish: 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
If i hear say people rush this thread.. isn't it information?

Information: The average nigerian's kryptonite...

OP: Tiri Gbosa's for you.. ride on...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by uairaland: 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2016
should i comment or not ?
Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2016
It is very easy in Nigeria, just watch out for the convoy of our politicians.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by jessetom(m): 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2016
Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by etinanguy(m): 2:38pm On Oct 31, 2016
One spotted at etinan road this morning.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by Tjohnnay: 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
Noted!
Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
i need just one... cry cry

3 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by hernandson(m): 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
hehehe i dedicate this space 2 my loved ones nd 2 those in these recession.

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by recievesense: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
Efcc dey find the owners too
Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by Tjohnnay: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
etinanguy:
D
for dullard

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
seriously jst two pictures? op u no try

14 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by babasolo(m): 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2016
wooooow good to know. but them go still follow me wey de trek die..and be buried 6ft down...
Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by MzMercie: 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2016
Alright
Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
.It looks not cool..... @second pic...
Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
Educative
Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by IBBULcampusGIST(f): 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
Lovely post. Nice one OP.
But wetin even concern me in identifying bulletproof cars when I no be armed robber cheesy

18 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
G
Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by royalfamily(m): 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
After identifying them nko , wetin go come follow make person use thinking kill himself for this recession.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by nairaman66(m): 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
Nicely written
Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by daddyrich: 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
I would love to buy one this Christmas. Op please send me your quote. thanks

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by Lilimax(f): 2:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
Bullet proof car or not, pray they'll not remember you.
However, the best bullet proof is Odoeshi in Christ! embarassed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. by FreshBoss007: 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Accident Happend At Aggrey Road PortHarcout This Morning(very Graphic Pic) / Abandoned Bentley Gt Spotted In Lagos (pic) / Vintage Cars On The Street Of Lagos During Independence Day Drive (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.