Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Please Help Fix My Command Line - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help Fix My Command Line (1146 Views)

How Important Is Learning About The Command Line!? / Every Windows Developer Needs Scoop: A Command-line Installer For Windows / Command Line Application, API And HTTP Client Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Fix My Command Line by seunzone: 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2016
Hello fam, thanks for the help so far. but I have this issue, I'm currently using laravel 5 php frame work, so I need to run some stuffs using composer/cmd.
the path I intend to access is c:\wamp\www\blabla, but anytime I open my cmd by default c:\users\users> is on display. So how do I go up two directories to get only c: to display anytime I run my cmd. Thanks

Re: Please Help Fix My Command Line by FrankLampard: 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2016
Use the following commands.

Type cd \

You will be taking to your directory.

in you C directory

Type
cd wamp/www/blabla

Or you do it like this.

cd wamp,
cd www,
cd blabla

You can always use a dir command to see all the folders in a directory.
Re: Please Help Fix My Command Line by alexisSr(f): 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
You cant change the command line default directory in windows.
You can however:
1. Everytime you open your terminal type in : cd C:/

or
2. Create a file "file_name.bat" and save it to your desktop.
- type this into the file : cd C:/
- save
- so whenever you want to go to your root directory you just double click the batch file to run it instead...hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Fix My Command Line by olyjosh(m): 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2016
Hold Shift key(if it's not shift then alt key should work) while you right click an empty space of a directory, then you will have an option for opening command line in that directory.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Fix My Command Line by larisoft: 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
to go to your parent folder type

cd ..

to go into a folder

cd folder_name

you can use this info to navigate to any folder of your choice
Re: Please Help Fix My Command Line by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 03, 2016
Stop using Windows tongue

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Payooneer Fund / Php/laravel Developer Intern Needed / How Much Can Design A Site Like Upwork.com And For How Long?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.