Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation (7136 Views)

Peace Ibiyeomie Of Salvation Ministries Showers Widows With Christmas Gifts. Pix / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet / What Was People Reaction When You Told Them About Your Belief As An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Weah96: 10:07am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
Read the link.

How much did you really investigate the faith healer in question? The man died in 1947!!! Look up his wiki page, he was a drunk version of William Branham who happened to be alive then.

We have on Nairaland today Christians who claim to have resurrected Nigerians. What is the difference between their claims and the one made by Steve Wigglesworth.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 10:28am On Nov 01, 2016
kevoh:

Marvyx, take a look at the pictures posted by Johnny. What is/are the logical explanation(s) to disprove that this man was finally able to walk? Would you have any reason to look at those pictures a million times over and still dispute that the man was able to walk?

its just pitiable to watch people do this to themselves, its a hard job having to defend these myths and absurd beliefs - Just take a look at the laughable excuses this thread is riddled with.

I have been inactive for a while but lets just say Johny is back to lay some more hate as i use to

More back to back hit is about to drop.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 10:29am On Nov 01, 2016
Weah96:

How much did you really investigate the faith healer in question? The man died in 1947!!! Look up his wiki page, he was a drunk version of William Branham who happened to be alive then.

We have on Nairaland today Christians who claim to have resurrected Nigerians. What is the difference between their claims and the one made by Steve Wigglesworth.
No difference. Believers will accept it and skeptics will scoff as usual.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 10:40am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:

Because the believers operate within the confines of moron_ic faith, Faith is nonsensical and dishonest, it gives credence to the remarkable gullibility of the simple minded folks.

I'd rather base my confidence in objectivity, reason, logic and empricism than rely on something as idiotic as faith as regards matters of objective concern.

Because faith is a dishonst position, it entails insertion of stoic conviction asserted without reason, believed without reason and must be defended against every reason.

If you need faith in order to believe something then you have no reason to believe it at all.

2 Likes

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by kevoh(m): 10:49am On Nov 01, 2016
johnydon22:

its just pitiable to watch people do this to themselves, its a hard job having to defend these myths and absurd beliefs - Just take a look at the laughable excuses this thread is riddled with.
My brother the situation is even worse offline!

johnydon22:

I have been inactive for a while but lets just say Johny is back to[b] lay some more hate[/b] as i use to

More back to back hit is about to drop.

My brother, making people see the brutal truth about their religion is never hate jare. Looking forward to more of those back to back hits jare. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 10:50am On Nov 01, 2016
johnydon22:

Because the believers operate within the confines of moron_ic faith, Faith is nonsensical and dishonest, it gives credence to the remarkable gullibility of the simple minded folks.

I'd rather base my confidence in objectivity, reason, logic and empricism than rely on something as idiotic as faith as regards matters of objective concern.

Because faith is a dishonst position, it entails insertion of stoic conviction asserted without reason, believed without reason and must be defended against every reason.

If you need faith in order to believe something then you have no reason to believe it at all.
And we have decided to put our confidence in something greater than us. Something that demands faith.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 10:53am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
And we have decided to put our confidence in something greater than us. Something that demands faith.

Exactly, something unreal and unproven that is why you still have need for faith - the day you derive certainty is the day faith becomes unneeded.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Weah96: 10:55am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:

And what do you think? Keep in mind that our own Nairaland faith healer, the one who has a Resurrection under his belt, has NEVER been called out by a single so called Christian here on Nairaland.

Do you believe that Steve Wigglesworth sent a man without legs to buy shoes? Here is an excerpt from the link.

While staying in the home of a curate of the local Church of England, [Wigglesworth] and the curate were sitting together talking after supper. No doubt the subject of their conversation was that the poor fellow had no legs. Artificial limbs in those days were unlike the sophisticated limbs of today.
Wigglesworth said to the man quite suddenly (which he often did when ministering in cases like this), ‘Go and get a pair of new shoes in the morning.’

The poor fellow thought it was some kind of joke. However, after Wigglesworth and the curate had retired to their respective rooms for the night, God said to the curate, ‘Do as My servant hath said.’ What a designation for any person–My servant! God was identifying Himself with Wigglesworth.

There was no more sleep for the man that night. He rose up early, went downtown, and [size=18pt]stood[/size] waiting for the shoe shop to open. The manager eventually arrived and opened the shop for business. The curate when in and sat down.

Presently and assistant came and said, ‘Good morning, sir. Can I help you?’

The man said, ‘Yes, would you get me a pair of shoes, please?’

‘Yes, sir. Size and color?’

‘The man hesitated. The assistant then saw his condition and said, ‘Sorry, sir. We can’t help you.’

‘Its all right, young man. But I do want a pair of shoes. Size 8, color black.’

How is the man with no legs transporting himself around the community, standing for hours, and sitting down?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 11:05am On Nov 01, 2016
Weah96:

And what do you think? Keep in mind that our own Nairaland faith healer, the one who has a Resurrection under his belt, has NEVER been called out by a single so called Christian here on Nairaland.

Do you believe that Steve Wigglesworth sent a man without legs to buy shoes? Here is an excerpt from the link.

How is the man with no legs transporting himself around the community, standing for hours, and sitting down?
How do people without legs today transport themselves? I am honestly not interested in discussing a story you consider fiction with you.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 11:24am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
How do people without legs today transport themselves? I am honestly not interested in discussing a story you consider fiction with you.
Nigga to Buy Shoe!!
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 11:26am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
Where there is Fact We Don't Need Faith . What do u mean By something greater than Us do U mean the Flying Spaghetti monster

1 Like

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 11:28am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
How do people without legs today transport themselves?
They use a wheel chair and they don't stand and wait cus they can't stand...

I am honestly not interested in discussing a story you consider fiction with you.

He's just going a step further to show you that not only that the story is absurd, lacks credibility - it was also poorly done that if you believed it then you must need a brain transplant.

Well i expect no less from people who'd believe a donkey talked, a snake with legs use to talk and was smarter than humans or a man flew a flying horse.

7 Likes

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 11:34am On Nov 01, 2016
johnydon22:
Religions always have a way of turning things on their head that you can't help but wonder how they do it.

Just like the OP's question for every religious beliefs they believe that there is no salvation except through their own religion.

Muslims think Christians are going to hell, Christians think same of muslims and others and so it keeps going.

This expressly reveals a salvation criteria that is outrightly unjust yet peddled by these religions as a 'just' position by these their alleged God(s).

Imagine if islam is right, they are 7billion people in this planet and only about 1.8 are muslims. if Islam is right then up to 5.2 are heading to be roasted by God.

if Christianity is right then about 5billion are going to barbecued in an eternal fire by God for his eternal glory.

these gory ideas are wicked, barbaric and disturbing shows these religious doctrines as men conjuring up these disturbing ideas to scare people into conformity.

reveals the basis of religion to be "Fear" no wonder to most theists in this planet God is no more than a divine angry vengeful wrath.

You see you need not know anybody's religion inside out, as long as it involves the concept of wrathful barbaric God who would burn every other person who don't believe same as you do in a literal fire reveals all that one needs to know about you and your religion and the God is professes

This culture of every religion laying out their own "beliefs" as the criteria for attaining salvation in the "here after" reveals in the idea a child of the human mind, derived and peddled by distinct minds in coincide with their aim which is to promote their religion.

In all these fantasies and imaginary salvations and vague "here afters" peddled by religions i rather think it is more noble to focus of what we have and where we are rather than start chasing what we don't have and not even sure of.

Play hard, love hard, work hard.

the bottom line for me is to live life to the fullest in the "Here and Now" instead of chasing after a vague hoped-for "Here after".

And to make ever day count in some meaningful way and do something no matter how small it is to leave the world better than i met it

https://www.nairaland.com/3133542/christian-doctrine-salvation-worlds-religions
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 11:39am On Nov 01, 2016
johnydon22:
They use a wheel chair and they don't stand and wait cus they can't stand...

He's just going a step further to show you that not only that the story is absurd, lacks credibility - it was also poorly done that if you believed it then you must need a brain transplant.

Well i expect no less from people who'd believe a donkey talked, a snake with legs use to talk and was smarter than humans or a man flew a flying horse.
I don't know why you are insistent on disproving an event you are sure did not happen. Are you having doubts?
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 11:43am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
I don't know why you are insistent on disproving an event you are sure did not happen. Are you having doubts?
Don't make the Mistake to think this Thread is About you For your Information NAIRALAND is A Public Forum with Up to 500,000 Visitors Per Day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 11:49am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:

Lmao... He just gave you a simple dose of inconsistencies in your little story which was meant to make you do better next time...

Nobody is trying to disprove the story. it is already hogwash and have been destroyed already, they are just revealing the simple inconsistencies so you could learn and read something first before bringing it to a public platform...

Not everyone believes with a simpleton-like mind.... You can beg us to stop though and we would understand cus the peurile tactise up there doesn't work

I sure wouldn't like to be you now..
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Weah96: 11:55am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:

There are different kinds of amputations. Knee, ankle, or hip? The author doesn't say. I'm guessing that it was the ankle, because he stuck his foot inside the shoe and it grew out there, in the presence of the anonymous shoe vendor.
You should know by now that people will lie as if they're only eating food. The pastor who prayed for the limb was renowned for punching and slapping people on stage, all in an attempt to inflict pain on the demons that were bothering his members.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 11:58am On Nov 01, 2016
Weah96:

You should know by now that people will lie as if they're only eating food. The pastor who prayed for the limb was renowned for punching and slapping people on stage, all in an attempt to inflict pain on the demons that were bothering his members.

LWKMD That was How Benny hinn Was Using His Suit Jacket To Flog People So they Could receive The Anointing grin

3 Likes

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Weah96: 12:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
Deicide:

Nigga to Buy Shoe!!

The amputee is called the curate in the story. No name, even the shoe vendor is anonymous.

The leg supposedly grew out inside of the shoe and the vendor didn't commot run. Money cannot buy your life anonymous vendor, next time a man with no legs come to try on shoes, call witnesses.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
Weah96:

The amputee is called the curate in the story. No name, even the shoe vendor is anonymous.

The leg supposedly grew out inside of the shoe and the vendor didn't commot run. Money cannot buy your life anonymous vendor, next time a man with no legs come to try on shoes, call witnesses.
Am Surprised That TomHange Swallowed the Story Hook and Sinker Without even a little Bit of Skepticism

Ac Noticed Something about Religious people On a Normal day they are skeptic and Intelligent But just bring the Topic Of religion up and You would see the way their Brain Will Drain they can swallow any story up. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 12:11pm On Nov 01, 2016
Weah96:

There are different kinds of amputations. Knee, ankle, or hip? The author doesn't say. I'm guessing that it was the ankle, because he stuck his foot inside the shoe and it grew out there, in the presence of the anonymous shoe vendor.

They do not go into such details simply because the aim is to not to satisfy skeptics. This point keeps eluding you. It's not for you.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 12:13pm On Nov 01, 2016
johnydon22:

Lmao... He just gave you a simple dose of inconsistencies in your little story which was meant to make you do better next time...

Nobody is trying to disprove the story. it is already hogwash and have been destroyed already, they are just revealing the simple inconsistencies so you could learn and read something first before bringing it to a public platform...

Not everyone believes with a simpleton-like mind.... You can beg us to stop though and we would understand cus the peurile tactise up there doesn't work

I sure wouldn't like to be you now..
You have a very high opinion of your mind. It's good to know.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
Deicide:

Don't make the Mistake to think this Thread is About you For your Information NAIRALAND is A Public Forum with Up to 500,000 Visitors Per Day
Hey God! People do not spend time on things they are sure are not true. They just give it a glance to forget it. But stories like this; not so much.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 12:25pm On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
Hey God! People do not spend time on things they are sure are not true. They just give it a glance to forget it. But stories like this; not so much.
I am not Understanding
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
They do not go into such details simply because the aim is to not to satisfy skeptics. This point keeps eluding you. It's not for you.
Of course it's Not for Him it's For gullible folks like you...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2016
Deicide:

Of course it's Not for Him it's For gullible folks like you...
This gullible people that give you sleepless nights. Na so.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
This gullible people that give you sleepless nights. Na so.
Are u Pained?
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 12:34pm On Nov 01, 2016
Deicide:
Are u Pained?
No.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by taurus25(m): 12:38pm On Nov 01, 2016
HardMirror:

How I broke free from christianity is still a miracle to me. Me! Atheist?! How will it happen?, but here I am today laffing at the stupidity of my past.
lol....youre not the only one who feels that way brother kiss

1 Like

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Weah96: 12:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:

So the testimony is for people who already believe that it happens? How appropriate.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by jiggaz(m): 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 12:58pm On Nov 01, 2016
jiggaz:
grin John lets be truthful, you are scared about going to hell. lol talk true bro. You are always bothered about Christians. I read so much about Human Psychology, and anything you talk of frequently, though you bash it means that subconsciously you believe that thing is true.

Anyways i don't tell people they are going to Hell Fire, it's not the Gospel of Christ.. lol. I tell people about God's love and the Cross of Jesus Christ. But Hell Fire is real oo and it exists for Satan & His angels... Any human that find himself there is the person's fault for rejecting Eternal life thru Christ Jesus....

You might still repent sef maybe next year.... God can still use you in the kingdom. Never say never.... Have seen so many atheists repent and start following Christ.....

Don't bash me oo.... i come in peace... lol....... Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation and eternal life. This world as we see it is passing away.

Afraid of hell? grin Chai ayaff die sef.... lmao grin you keep telling yourself this to make yourself feel good, well you are free to masturbate over any imbecilic thought.

I'm above your pay grade bro, I can't engage you.. now go play with your mates..

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Hindu Gods Became Overlapped With Vodun Gods In West Africa / Marriage Course In Catholic Church: Pls Help / Why Christianity Is The Only True Religion And Not Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.