Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,365 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:14 PM

Evolutionist Please Explain - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolutionist Please Explain (5358 Views)

Question For The Atheist And Evolutionist / Evolutionist: How Do You Explain Human Lifespan? / I Am An Atheist And An Evolutionist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2009
Dinosaur thigh bone:

Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2009
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by No2Atheism(m): 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2009
agathamari:

simpler does not mean smaller. turkeys are said to have evolved from dinosaurs (raptors in particular) yet they were huge. prehistoric sharks, crocodils, sloths, bears, dogs, cats, and on and on and on were HUGE compared to the modern day ones. your whole argument just negated itself with the information you would learn by simply looking at the bones in a damned museum. spend your time on better things rather then playing with photoshop trying to decieve people

1. Take time to go through the thread . . . .
2. It helps to listen twice and speak once. . . .
3. Non of the pictures i posted were created or altered by me. . . so what exactly are u saying.
4. Wow . . . u still do not get the logic. . .

Evolution inherently tries to say that things go from simpler to more complicated . . .
The simpler the animal the smaller the size . . . elementary biology. . . . hence the reason why it is contradictory for evolution.

Simply because Giants and so on implies that:

- Man did not evolve from monkey.
- Man did not develop from something simpler.

By your own statement . . . you are saying that Huge things had existed, then does that mean you are saying that Huge Humans also existed during the time that the other huge things existed or not.

Evolution is in a conundrum, because it is either evolution says man had been existing alongside the huge dinosaurs (which in itself would mess up the whole theory of evolution) or it says man became smaller over time . . . and hence became less complex.

I am astounded you still do not seem to grasp the fundamental contradiction that giants pose to the theory of evolution.
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2009
in any case, this may not be related to the topic, but lots of cultures (not only the bible) have legends about giants.
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by wirinet(m): 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2009
It is painful when Christians resort to outright lies and falsehood in order to propagate their religion. As an evolutionist i am appalled by the deceit and and untruths being propagated by poster. I think the poster should take elementary biology courses if he wants to begin to understand biological evolution.

According to elementary biology and physics (gravity), it would be extremely difficult for a human to much taller than 8 feet, after than gravity would take a toll on the vertebrae and the back would bend. You will often see people over 7 feet with bent backs.

The photo of the picture of the woman standing between two people is sheer deceit, how can you judge her size when she is standing in front and the others are behind. Obviously, those behind would appear smaller, it is called perspective.

The general law of the universe is from simpler to more complex and it applies to biological evolution too. Being bigger does not mean being more complex or else you want to say the giant squid or a whale is more complex than a human. Evolution always chose the most efficient solution and most of the time size restricts efficiency. There is an optimum size after which any increase would affect efficiency. you will notice modern life forms are smaller and more efficient than their ancient ancestors - both plants and animals.

Evolution is not in any conundrum, it is you Christians that is in a conundrum. Man had not dreamt of appearing on earth. In fact it was the demise of the dinosaurs that allowed mammals to thrive to enable then evolve up to humans today. The ancestors of humans appeared less than 5 million years ago and your are talking of dinosaurs that died out 65million yrs ago.

Please i plead with you to get some biological education or stick to theology. Dinosaurs are no where as complex as mammals even if they are a hundred times bigger. 

Tpia, on checking the link on the photo, i discovered that the lady was called Anna Haining Bate and the other two were her parents. She is said to be 7ft 5.5in, and they said her parents were average height. still you could not get the height difference from the picture.
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by agathamari(f): 3:06am On Oct 31, 2009
No2Atheism:

1. Take time to go through the thread . . . .
2. It helps to listen twice and speak once. . . .
3. Non of the pictures i posted were created or altered by me. . . so what exactly are u saying.
4. Wow . . . u still do not get the logic. . .
Evolution inherently tries to say that things go from simpler to more complicated . . .
The simpler the animal the smaller the size . . . elementary biology. . . . hence the reason why it is contradictory for evolution.
Simply because Giants and so on implies that:
- Man did not evolve from monkey.
- Man did not develop from something simpler.
By your own statement . . . you are saying that Huge things had existed, then does that mean you are saying that Huge Humans also existed during the time that the other huge things existed or not.
Evolution is in a conundrum, because it is either evolution says man had been existing alongside the huge dinosaurs (which in itself would mess up the whole theory of evolution) or it says man became smaller over time . . . and hence became less complex.
I am astounded you still do not seem to grasp the fundamental contradiction that giants pose to the theory of evolution.?
simpler equals smaller? so all the animals larger then us are more advanced? we are simpler then great white sharks? hippos? sea bass? fossil records show there were many time periods where animals including people were larger then they are today as well as smaller. is it possible for larger men yes, ones that were 20 feet tall i highly doubt. besides neaderthals were said to be larger then homosapiens. the current evolutionary theory is humans evolved from ape like ancestors not monkees
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by Nobody: 3:29am On Oct 31, 2009
@ wirinet

you may not be aware humans generally do NOT reach heights of 7 ft and above on average.

In olden times, humans were much smaller than they are now and anyone that tall is definitely bordering on giantism.

Just because Americans have created basketball careers for the giant ones among them, doesnt mean 7 ft should be considered a normal height.

as per the photo: I hope you notice her clothes take up a lot of horizontal space?
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by No2Atheism(m): 3:37am On Oct 31, 2009
agathamari:

simpler equals smaller?  so all the animals larger then us are more advanced?  we are simpler then great white sharks?  hippos? sea bass?  fossil records show there were many time periods where animals including people were larger then they are today as well as smaller.  is it possible for larger men yes, ones that were 20 feet tall i highly doubt.  besides neaderthals were said to be larger then homosapiens.  the current evolutionary theory is humans evolved from ape like ancestors not monkees

I think you need to brush up on your use of english and also define your terms.

1. Do not try to be slippery.

2. We are talking about the word complex and not the word "advanced"

3. So please do not change the topic . . . i don catch you. grin grin grin

THERE ARE MANY ANIMALS THAT ARE FAR FAR MORE COMPLEX THAN HUMANS AS FAR AS BIOLOGY IS CONCERNED.

Complexity of the animal means that there are more systems of organised cell structures operating together.

Evolution says that simpler cells became more organised (i.e. complex) in order to evolve into a so called more higher animal. Hence according to evolution Humans are more complex than something like "Ameoba".

One unfortunate consequence of complexity is that as the animal gets more and more complex (with more and more cells) it also becomes more and more bigger.

HENCE EVOLUTION IS FACED WITH THE CONUNDRUM.

Unless of course you want to know tell me that Evolution has changed its mind and that evolution now wants to say that more complex animals are smaller (e.g. almost like saying that virus is more complex than ameoba).

It astounds me that those who believe in evolution simply do not see how self contradictory it is.
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by No2Atheism(m): 3:38am On Oct 31, 2009
the current evolutionary theory is humans evolved from ape like ancestors not monkees

1. You and who else believes in evolution might have evolved from monkeys and baboons and gorillas and chimpanze and innaki and oboo and etc.

2. I on the other hand was created . . . . i did not evolve thank you.
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by Nobody: 3:48am On Oct 31, 2009
for wirinet (btw you dont seem to have read through the link):

Anna Bates and her husband (another giant). The smaller man is normal height:

[img]http://data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca/ap/a/a051546.jpg[/img]

Anna and her sister:

yuo could have checked all this out yourself if you'd wanted to. But no, you had to hurry and bash people instead.
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by No2Atheism(m): 6:17am On Oct 31, 2009
;d
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by No2Atheism(m): 6:43am On Oct 31, 2009
the current evolutionary theory is humans evolved from ape like ancestors not monkees

Its astounding that you still do not see the contradiction in that statement.

1. If evolution is true and human evolved from ape like ancestors (monkeys, baboons, gorillas, etc grin grin grin) then can you please explain to me where along the line, those ape like creatures became Giants whose fossils have been found.

In case you did not understand my question:

Which one came first the human giants or the ape like pictures . . .

NOW U SEE THE CHICKEN AND EGG PROBLEM THAT EVOLUTION IS FACED WITH ALL OVER AGAIN,
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by wirinet(m): 8:49am On Oct 31, 2009
Tpia,

I agree that i did not read up enough on your link, but you will agree with me that the first picture did not provide adequate base for comparism between Anna Bates and her parents. But the one with her standing next to a man does. I can determine the height the man using her height as a benchmark. The man's height is 6ft 1.5 inches.

I always try to verify stories before i accept. Anyway, this story is not really relevant to the poster's assertion that giantism was a common occurrence int he past. Giantism just like its opposite counterpart dwarfism is quite rare among humans, and a case of one giant does not suggest that men were giants or dwarfs in the past.

I did not say that 7ft was normal, i said a person above 8ft would find it difficult to function normally without a radical change in its anatomy due to its weight and the effect of gravity.

No2Atheism:

Its astounding that you still do not see the contradiction in that statement.

1. If evolution is true and human evolved from ape like ancestors (monkeys, baboons, gorillas, etc grin grin grin) then can you please explain to me where along the line, those ape like creatures became Giants whose fossils have been found.

NOW U SEE THE CHICKEN AND EGG PROBLEM THAT EVOLUTION IS FACED WITH ALL OVER AGAIN,

you take myths and folklore and assume it to be a scientific fact. No archeological finds of a giant population had ever been discovered, it has been shown that all your reference to giants  are forged to deceive the gullible.  Please provide evidence from reputable archeological sources that shows humans were ever 10ft tall. Neanderthals, a sub-specie of man, was slightly bigger (in fact broader) than the average man today - not 10ft tall.

It as beyond belief that you base your entire theory of creation on a folk tale similar to Gulliver's Travels or Jack and the Beanstalk.
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by viaro: 9:28am On Oct 31, 2009
wirinet:

I agree that i did not read up enough on your link, but you will agree with me that the first picture did not provide adequate base for comparism between Anna Bates and her parents.
I always try to verify stories before i accept.

This is one reason why you should not be too hasty to draw conclusions, especially where you've not done any checks. Your previous assertions were really uncalled for:

wirinet:

The photo of the picture of the woman standing between two people is sheer deceit, how can you judge her size when she is standing in front and the others are behind. Obviously, those behind would appear smaller, it is called perspective.
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by wirinet(m): 12:19pm On Oct 31, 2009
viaro:

This is one reason why you should not be too hasty to draw conclusions, especially where you've not done any checks. Your previous assertions were really uncalled for:

Point noted!
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by No2Atheism(m): 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2009
wirinet:

It as beyond belief that you base your entire theory of creation on a folk tale similar to Gulliver's Travels or Jack and the Beanstalk.

Straw man argument . . . try again . . . such tricks do not work on me . . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by No2Atheism(m): 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2009

Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 01, 2009
wirinet:

Tpia,

I agree that i did not read up enough on your link, but you will agree with me that the first picture did not provide adequate base for comparism between Anna Bates and her parents. But the one with her standing next to a man does. I can determine the height the man using her height as a benchmark. The man's height is 6ft 1.5 inches.

I always try to verify stories before i accept. Anyway, this story is not really relevant to the poster's assertion that giantism was a common occurrence int he past. Giantism just like its opposite counterpart dwarfism is quite rare among humans, and a case of one giant does not suggest that men were giants or dwarfs in the past.

I did not say that 7ft was normal, i said a person above 8ft would find it difficult to function normally without a radical change in its anatomy due to its weight and the effect of gravity.

you take myths and folklore and assume it to be a scientific fact. No archeological finds of a giant population had ever been discovered, it has been shown that all your reference to giants are forged to deceive the gullible. Please provide evidence from reputable archeological sources that shows humans were ever 10ft tall. Neanderthals, a sub-specie of man, was slightly bigger (in fact broader) than the average man today - not 10ft tall.

I see your point here, but the fact remains that many cultures have legends of giants who lived in past times.

Anthropologists do not discount legends- rather, they dig through them in an attempt to reconstruct the past.

If there were giants, then like you pointed out, they might have found it increasingly difficult to survive on earth as time went by. The dinosaurs are no longer here for a reason. Regardless if there were or werent, there's still enough room for doubt, especially since we have pygmies, who are a race of small people. No one considers this strange anymore. Note that many cultures also have myths and legends about "little people" eg fairies, elves, etc.
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by mazaje(m): 12:43am On Nov 02, 2009
No2Atheism:

Personally I believe that evolution is just like creationism both are just speculations that have no evidence to suport them at all. . . . .Photoshopping photographs to make them look as though they support the creationist point of view is lying and therefore makes the creationists out to be hypocrites. If they can't come up with any evidence at all than a photoshopped photograph, then they clearly should admit their dishonesty at the very least and start providing us with some "evidence". . . . .By the way creationist know very well that there isnt any real evidence for creationism at all, so creationist have to doctor photos to decieve the gullible and themselves. . .Just goes to show that when you divorce a person's works from their salvation all actions of those saved must be right with their god, even lies. . . . . .
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by mantraa: 2:35am On Nov 02, 2009
[creationist] 50 reasons why i reject evolution.

1.) Because I don’t like the idea that we came from apes… despite the fact that we humans are categorically defined and classified as apes.

2.) Because I’m too stupid and/or lazy to open a science book or turn on the Discovery Science Channel.

3.) Because if I can’t immediately understand how something works, then it must be bullcrap.

4.) Because I don’t care that literally 99.9% of all biologists accept evolution as the unifying theory of biology.

5.) Because I prefer the idea that a (insert god of choice) went ALLA-KADABRA-ZAM!!!

6.) Because I can’t get it through my thick logic-proof skull that evolution refers ONLY to the diversity of living organisms which reproduce with genetic variation, not to abiogenesis, or planet formation, or big bang cosmology, or whether God exists, or where they buried Jimmy Hoffa, or why the sky is blue, or how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

7.) Because the fossil record doesn’t comprise the remains of every single living thing that ever existed on this 4.5 billion year old planet, even though fossilization is a rare process that only occurs under very specific circumstances.

8.) Because science has yet to produce any transitional species… except for the magnitudinous numbers of them found in the fossil record which don’t count because… I uh, OOH LOOK! A SHINY OBJECT!!! *runs away*

9.) Because I know nothing about Darwin except that he had a funny beard.

10.) Because the theory of evolution (which, according to scientists, perfectly explains the richness and diversity of life on Earth) contradicts biblical literalism… ya know, flat Earth with a firmament that keeps out the water, talking snakes, people rising from the dead, bats are birds, flamey talking bushes, virgin births, food appearing out of nowhere, massive bodies of water turning into blood… etc etc.

11.) Because I think the word “theory” actually means: “random stabs in the dark” when it really means: "an explanation of certain phenomena that is well-supported by a large body of facts and often unifies similarly well-supported hypotheses" i.e. atomic theory, gravitational theory, germ theory, cell theory, etc.

12.) Because the fact that science is self-correcting annoys me. Most of my other beliefs are rigidly fixed and uncorrectable.

13.) Because I am under the severely mistaken impression that evolution implies someone in my very recent ancestry was a chimp.

14.) Because everything appears designed to my mind which was expertly tuned by nature to perceive design, probably as a survival mechanism.

15.) Because some secretly fabulous closet-dwelling televangelist (who unironically preaches hate towards gays) told me that evolution is Satan’s way of leading me away from God.

16.) Because that same guy (who was also caught snorting blow off a male hooker’s shiny naked butt) told me that God planted those fossils to test my faith.

17.) Because I’m 100% correct about everything 100% of the time and there is 0% chance that some snooty Oxford educated scientist with numerous honorary doctorates could possibly know something that I don’t.

18.) Because I don’t know that fossils are found in sedimentary strata corresponding to their age as one would expect if evolution were true.

19.) Because I don’t understand why, if we share common ancestry with chimps, there are still chimps.

20.) Because my mom dropped me on my head when I was a baby.

21.) Multiple times.

22.) On purpose.

23.) Because the idea that life evolved naturally over billions of years is infinitely less believable than the idea that an 800 year old man crammed two of every species into a giant wooden boat when the entire planet flooded, an event for which there is absolutely no geological evidence whatsoever and also makes no sense at all.

24.) Because Jesus totally rode around on a t-rex. He’s just that bad. And also, did you know that t-rexes were vegetarians? Ken Ham says so and I believe it.

25.) Because I don’t realize that saying “microevolution is possible but macroevolution isn’t” is as stupid as saying “I can pick my nose for one second but I cannot pick it for 10 seconds.”

26.) Because the education system failed me miserably.

27.) …and then took a big wet dump on my face.

28.) Because I think that knowing how nature works magically obliterates all of its beauty.

29.) Because I didn’t know that evolution has been tested and observed in laboratories.

30.) Because when confronted with that, I refuse to believe it. It’s obviously a scientific conspiracy aimed at turning everyone on the planet into atheists,  even though evolution says nothing about god's nature nor whether he, she, it, or they exist.

31.) Because I’m too stupid to realize that Social Darwinism has nothing to do with evolution and is actually a pseudo-scientific bastardization that real science largely rejects.

32.) Because the planet and all the life on it was designed for humans… kinda like how the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NY was designed specifically for the dust-bunnies that may accumulate on the floors.

33.) Because I don’t realize that if we actually found croco-ducks in the fossil record, it would falsify evolution.

34.) Because plenty of respectable people like Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, and Mike Huckabee (who are not scientists) don’t accept evolution, and that somehow validates my opinion.

35.) Because my mother didn’t know not to drink while she was pregnant. She also didn’t know not to repeatedly throw herself down a flight of stairs in an attempt to undo the accident of screwing someone who voted for Bush both times.

36.) Because I don’t know that “irreducible complexity” has been debunked a frazillion times by a frazillion different people and is no more credible an argument than “NEEN-er NEEN-er NEEN-er, I’m right and you’re wrong.”

37.) Because I have never seen a duck evolve into a cat over night, despite the fact that such a thing would be contrary to all known scientific disciplines.

38.) Because I have no imagination, learning is too much effort, I don’t like proven facts, change scares me, and I think deoxyribonucleic acid is something I’m supposed to clean my bathroom floors with.

39.) Because evolution means that I absolutely MUST reject everything else I know, abandon all my beliefs, and start aping around my house like a monkey. OOOh-ooohh-ooohohh -OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!

40.) Because I haven’t put my cave on the market and moved into the 21st century yet. I’m waiting for the cave market to rebound from the recent financial meltdown.

41.) Because I don’t know what an atavism is and if you told me, I still wouldn't believe it. Too weird.

42.) Because I don’t know that evolution explains methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and also provides the answer in preventing it from turning into a superbug and killing massive numbers of people.

43.) Because I don’t know that evolution is routinely used in medicine to diagnose and treat certain illnesses such as genetic ailments, bacterial infections, and viral infections.

44.) Because I believe there is a strong comparison between designed inanimate objects such as buildings, paintings, and watches (which we know were pieced together from identifiable components by human beings) and living organisms (which reproduce with genetic variation under the effects of environmental attrition).

45.) Because I see no significant similarities between humans and apes. *scratches my butt then smells my fingers*

46.) Because I think I’m too special to have been crafted by any natural process and the entire planet, solar system, galaxy, and universe were created with me especially in mind.

47.) Because I unquestioningly swallow the ignorant anti-science bullcrap spewed directly from the fraudulent people like Ken Ham, Ted Haggard, Fred Phelps, and Kent Hovind.

48.) Because I’m a freethinker and freethinking really means ignoring anything that contradicts what I already believe.

49.) Because I don’t know what confirmation bias is.

50.) Because despite the fact that in all my years of life, I have never seen any magic, I still believe magic is the answer to anything I don’t immediately comprehend.

Ladies and gentlemen, I rest my case. Quod erat demonstrandum, I win. Take that you EVILutionists!

~By Bobbie Jean Pentecost

Evolution is real. If you want to learn more about it, just go to your nearest natural history museum and educate yourself.
Face the facts. Look at all the evidence. Ask all the questions you need to and you will understand it.
Re: Evolutionist Please Explain by KunleOshob(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2009
Giants
Myth or Reality?

In the human experience, giants are literally the "elephants in the room". When our research first began on this paradigm, we had little knowledge of how extensive the evidence of their existence was. We now have a comprehensive database consisting of over 200 historical descriptions; over half from the United States and the U.K. history, alone. And, our unpublished files contain enough information to more than triple the current data we now have online. Were one to undertake a thorough study of giants and record all in detail, it would certainly be a life's work.
The lack of the presence of giants in orthodox history, academia, and anthropological studies is appalling in light of the true historical records from every part of the globe. Even more mysterious is the seemingly unanimous decisions by the keepers of the world's museums and archeological treasures to keep the physical evidence of giants hidden from public view. Only a smattering of the evidence is available in obscure locations. Thousands of skeletons and hundreds of historical reports are ignored.
The accepted knowledge among the world's peoples is that giants are the creatures of myth and folklore, relegated to children's fairy tales and B grade horror movies, an it is almost a crime not to include a giant in any fantasy film or video game. The reality is that giants were present throughout our history from ancient biblical accounts and historical Roman military campaigns to the relatively modern genocide of the natives of North America.

A Wealth of Evidence
Giants appear in the legends of Australia, Bavaria, Belgium, Brazil, Chad, Czech Republic, Chile, China, Dominican Republic, England, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, India, Italy, Kazakhstan, Laos, Malta, Morocco, the Netherlands, Nova Scotia, Pakistan, Palestine, Patagonia, the Philippines, Poland, Rwanda, Russia, Scotland, Sicily, the Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Terra del Fuego, Turkey, the United Sates, Wales, Zanzibar, and the ancient Incan, Toltec, and Nordic cultures, just to name a few.
Giants are everywhere; in our religions, our history, our literature, and our folklore. Legends of extraordinarily tall humans are found in almost every culture and, on almost every continent. But, they are always viewed as mythical beings. Jack, the Beanstalk kid, Paul Bunyan and his giant ox, and the travels of Gulliver are familiar children’s stories in English literature. There are festivals dedicated to giants, they are represented in paintings, statues, and rock art, and even the Catholic Church has its own giant saint; St. Christopher, who was so tall, he made a living as a human ferry, transporting people on his shoulders across deep rivers.
St. Christopher was described by Jacques de Voragine in "The Golden Legend": "He was of gigantic stature, had a terrifying mien, was twelve coudees tall.”, (a coudee is equal to or larger than the English foot). According to this ancient account, St. Christopher stood from 12 to 18 feet tall, a fact that was erased from church history. While Western icons don't picture St. Christopher as a giant, those of the Eastern churches do. His story, in brief, is that his name was originally Offro, or Offerus, and he was a giant of great strength, but of a sensitive nature, traveling in search of the greatest God. He was possibly of royal birth. His search eventually led him to a strange occupation as a human ferry, hiring out to literally carry people across rivers too deep for a normal human to cross. The legend has it that Jesus was one of his customers. Jesus supposedly blessed him, and told him that he had carried all the sins of the world on his shoulders. After the giant had carried Jesus across a river he asked St. Christopher to plant his great walking-staff in the ground. At once, a wonderful tree miraculously sprang up."

Giants in the Bible
The Bible, alone, of all the ancient writings describing giants, has scores of descriptions of giant beings. Even the recently discovered Dead Sea Scrolls contains a book called "The Book of Giants". The giant, Goliath, was only one of many giants the Bible speaks of and, owing to the "best seller in history” status of the Bible, he is the most famous. The 4th verse of Genesis 6 begins with: "There were giants in the earth in those days". The word "giants" in Genesis 6:4 is translated from the Hebrew word nphiyl, pronounced nef-eel'; properly, a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant. Many have been mistakenly led to believe that the word "nphiyl", commonly thought to be the word Nephilim, meant the "fallen ones", or "those who fell from heaven or the sky". This mistake has been promoted by the proponents of theories created by Zachariah Sitchin for decades, but has no basis in fact, as a simple study of the word in any Hebrew lexicon, (dictionary), will verify.
If there is any doubt about the true meaning of this word, one only needs to go to very next instance in the Bible where the word 'nphiyl' is used to get a clear meaning. Moses describes a race of giants called the Amalekites in the land of Canaan: "And there we saw the giants, the sonown sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." (Numbers 13 33) Or, the next instance in order: "For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold his bedstead was a bedstead of iros of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our n; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man." (Deuteronomy 3:11) Converted into modern terms, this verse is stating that the bed of King Og is 14 feet long and 6 feet wide, making his estimated height to be 12 feet, (3.8 meters), or taller.

Some Notable Examples Worldwide
♦ One of the most fascinating cases of giants in U. S. history are the Smithsonian Giants. During the genocidal conquest of the indigenous peoples of North America, the United States Calvary and hired mercenaries encountered giants living among the tribes, and engaged in direct combat with them. The mindset used to justify the wholesale slaughter of many, and forced relocation of the rest of these tribes, was that they were sub-human; their darker skin being a key to this gross misconception. The giants they encountered and killed were red-headed with white skin. Fearing a backlash from the American people for killing whites, giants or not, the government ordered that all bodies of these giants be retrieved and shipped to the Smithsonian Institute, to hide the damaging evidence. We have no idea if those bodies were ever disposed of, but there is sufficient evidence available from the Smithsonian officials and documentation of the time to believe this actually occurred.
♦ Bones of giants have been uncovered in the United States in New York, California, Ohio, Tennessee, Illinois, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Missouri, Nevada, Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Arizona, New Mexico, and Kentucky from as early as 1792 to as late as 1965.
♦ The legends of early North American tribes are rich with stories of giants, including the Sioux, who told about giants that ran down the buffalo, and the Algonquin stories of giant, bearded men that first occupied their native lands. Individuals, from Columbus to Wild Bill Cody, gave testimony to their existence in North America. Reports of giant skeletons up to 25 and more feet being discovered were reported in early history of the occupation of the United States.
♦ Early English history describes, and even names, giants. Miss Marion, the 8-foot, six-inch Queen of the Amazons, the 8-foot, four-inch George Auger, of the 1903 Barnum and Bailey Circus, Charles Byrne the towering eight-foot-two-inch giant, who gained fame in the late 1700s in London, are just three such giants. Bones of giants up to 13 feet and taller have been uncovered all over the English landscape.
♦ In China, archaeologists have found some of the earliest skeletal remains of giants, as much as fifteen feet tall. Melchior Nunnez, in his letters from India, vouches for the fact that some five hundred giants were used as archers to guard the gates of Peking. George Hakewill, in his Apologie, written in 1627, issued a similar report.
♦ A skeleton found in 1692 in a tomb near Angers, France, measured seventeen-feet, four-inches. And, in his "De Gigantibus", Joh Cassanio speaks of a giant in Bordeaux, France that stood so tall, a man of ordinary size could walk between his legs. He states that Francis I of France (1494-1547) enlisted him as one of his guards.
♦ The Greeks had more than their share of giants in their legends, including Agrius, Alcyoneus, Aloeus, Alpus, Antaeüs, Arges, Atlas, Brontes, Chthonius, Clytius, Coeus, Crius, Cronus, Damasen, Enceladus, Ephialtes, Epimetheus, Eurytus, Gegenees, Gration, Hippolytus, Hopladamus, Hyperion, Lapetus, Metis, Mimas, Mnemosyne, Oceanus, Orion, Orius, Otus, Pallas, Peloreus, Phoebe, Polybotes, Porphyrion, Prometheus, Rhea, Steropes, Talus, Tethys, Thea, Themis, Thoas, Thurius, and Typhoeus.
♦ At Agadir, in Morocco, the French Captain Lafanechere discovered a complete arsenal of hunting weapons, including five hundred double-edged axes weighing over seventeen pounds, 20 times as heavy as would be convenient for modern man. To use these tools would require the hands of a size appropriate to a giant with a stature of at least 13 feet.
♦ Giants play an integral role in the lore of the Norse gods, including Angr-boda, Asvid, Aurboda, Aurvandil, Baugi, Beli, Bergelmir, Bestla, Bolthorn, Bolverk, Börr, Brimer, Buri, Byleist, Eggther, Farbauti, Fjolvar, Gang, Geirrod, Gerdh, Gilling, Gjalp, Grid, Gunnlauth, Gymir, Hela, Helblindi, Hlebard, Hrauthung, Hreidmar, Hrimthurs, Hrod, Hrungnir, Hrym, Hymir, Hyndla, Hyrrokin, Ide, Jarnsaxa, Jötunn, Laufey, Leirbrimir, Logi, Mistblindi, Norfe, Odin, Orvandil, Skadi, Surt, Suttung, Thiassi, Thrym, Thurs, Tjatsi, Trivaldi, Trym, Utgarda-Loki, and Vafthruthnir.
♦ Many mariners, such as Christopher Columbus, Ferdinand Magellan, Sir Francis Drake, Sir Thomas Cavendish, Oliver Noort, Sebald de Weert, William Cowley, George Spilbergen, and George Shelvock, reported encountering giants in the logs of their voyages.
♦ In 1812, an Italian journal reported that in the valley of Mazara, in Sicily, the skeleton of a man ten-feet and three-inches in length was dug up in the same area that several other human skeletons of gigantic size had previously been found.
♦ In 1950, in the Euphrates Valley of Southeast Turkey, many tombs containing giants 14 to 16 feet tall were unearthed.

The Giants of the Breitenwinner Cave - A Potential Breakthrough
In our initial research to compile our database of giants in human history, we dug deeply to find as many references to giants as possible. In 2003, we discovered an obscure document allegedly written by one Berthold Buchner in 1535, which spoke of giant bones found in Breitenwinner Cave in the Bavarian region of Germany. In the opening of that document, Buchner, speaking of the exploration of the cave, stated: "The marvels they saw there have been written down by Berthold Buchner. The ignorant will not believe this story, the experienced ones will not think it possible. But we have seen it with our own eyes, and it is the truth." Further, in the 1535 recounting of his experience, Buchner goes on by documenting the following: "When we crept in we found so many bones that the first of us had to pile them up in one place to make room for us to enter. The bones were very large as if from giants." And, "We came to a narrow vault where we found a skull bigger than we had ever seen before. "
Unfortunately, we were dealing with a long-forgotten incident that occurred almost 500 years ago. We could only find one reference to this cave and the giant bones, at the time, and wrote the following in our conclusion to that document: "The 16th Century narrative is self explanatory. The cave now lies in ruin, having been looted over the centuries, of all the ancient treasures it once held." It was our belief that this treasure of giant evidence, including the bones was forever lost to history and the human experience.
Then, as fate would have it, we received an email on November 8, 2007, which began: "You wrote of Breitenwinner Cave in Bavaria. I just got out of the Army and was stationed at the Joint Multinational Training Center, now known as the Joint Multinational Readiness Center, a NATO training facility which now surrounds this cave." The individual went on to say: "Two friends also stationed here and myself accidentally stumbled across this cave which was located near what we call Checkpoint 35, those ever stationed here will know where that is. We had a video camera with us and found thousands of bones that were of huge proportion." We viewed the video, immediately made contact with the person making this claim, established his credibility, and contacted our media sources. Within 24 hours, the man who had explored Breitenwinner Cave, was interviewed on a major radio show.
Danny, (last name held by request), is a former combat photographer, with over 7 years in service. He was forthcoming and seemed only interested in getting the story out. His concern was focused on what he believes to be the travesty of a mass burial site going unnoticed and treated with absolutely no respect. The cave is now located in a "live fire zone", being used for bombing practice for NATO training exercises. Danny, in fact, knew nothing about the history of the Breitenwinner Cave until long after he had explored the cave and done research on it. Due to this, he was not looking for any evidence of giants when he explored it and took a video of that exploration.
At the time of this writing, anthropologists, universities, non-governmental organizations, and researchers in the field are coming together to attempt an official examination of the Breitenwinner Cave. If successful, such an exploration could blow the lid off the cover-up of this amazing paradigm and add a new dimension to the human reality. The readers following this paradigm are asked to contact any individuals that may be of help in exposing this phenomenon. The evidence of giants in world history is overwhelming and the time has come to reveal this fact to the world.

http://www.bibleufo.com/giantsmyth.htm

(1) (2) (Reply)

mm / "If You Do Not Use Jewelry, You Will Go To Hell " - Apostle Johnson Suleman / Don't Carry Over To Cross Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.