Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? (1595 Views)

"Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" / This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet / Is Driving A Power Bike Really A Suicide Mission. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? by chyk1(m): 7:16am On Nov 01, 2016
Hi guys, i was taught that driving a car (automatic) with both feet is bad, as your left foot is used only in manual cars for clutching while your right is for alternating the throttle and the brake. After driving inconsistently for abt 2yrs nw, I discovered that i use both feet to drive automatic and it's really more comfortable and easier for me than using only my right foot. Pls i need your opinion on this because i'm really troubled and people have been telling me its not good to drive with both feet. Thanks
Mods please do the needful.
Re: Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? by JBUZZ: 7:33am On Nov 01, 2016
You better go driving school

2 Likes

Re: Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? by chillex8(m): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2016
chyk1:
Hi guys, i was taught that driving a car (automatic) with both feet is bad, as your left foot is used only in manual cars for clutching while your right is for alternating the throttle and the brake. After driving inconsistently for abt 2yrs nw, I discovered that i use both feet to drive automatic and it's really more comfortable and easier for me than using only my right foot. Pls i need your opinion on this because i'm really troubled and people have been telling me its not good to drive with both feet. Thanks

And you have a drivers license

3 Likes

Re: Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:41am On Nov 01, 2016
chyk1:

in an emergency, you will be unable to respond appropriately. I can imagine you pressing both pedals at the same time to bring the vehicle to a halt cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? by Chriswazo(m): 7:42am On Nov 01, 2016
chillex8:

And you have a drivers license

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? by TopeQs: 7:46am On Nov 01, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

in an emergency, you will be unable to respond appropriately. I can imagine you pressing both pedals at the same time to bring the vehicle to a halt cheesy

LOL..... grin
Re: Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:54am On Nov 01, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

besides that people behind would think he is drunk or a learner as the other foot is always touching the brake pedal therefore stop lights are on and off as if he wants to stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIu12nbjysQ
Re: Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 01, 2016
Left-foot braking is all shades of wrong_ at least for our everyday driving. How do you guys even pull that shii off, you wan form Lewis Hamilton?

Issorite. angry

1 Like

Re: Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? by Whizpeter(m): 12:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
You'd surely find yourself riding your brakes!!!

I was once like this but I had to adapt when I found myself riding the brakes on many occasions plus my inability to bring the car to a complete stop sometimes when it mattered cos I had both feet on both pedals at the same time!!

Your driving an automatic with both feet shows that you learnt driving on ya own! Right??
Re: Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2016
Please pay for driving lessons as the less of your kind on the road the better the driving experience for those who learned the right way.

2 Likes

Re: Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? by zsch: 8:53pm On Nov 26, 2016
How do you even pull this off?? Only time I ever tried it was when I was a learner and my leg hurt like crazy afterwards.

(1) (Reply)

Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake / P0014 Error On My Corolla 2011 / Gazzuzz And Co.. Help Me Understand This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.