Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat (38845 Views)

Nigeria's Oluyinka Olutoye Named as Surgeon-in-chief Of Top US Hospital (Photo) / Biography Of Oluyinka Olutoye, Appointed As US Hospital Surgeon-in-Chief / Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye, The Nigerian Surgeon With A Difference (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by gregyboy(m): 12:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
Facts about Nigeria you may never have known. Read Here!!!
I Saw this post and decided to share. Read below.
Part of what we celebrate in Independence . I read through these facts about my country & I believed so much in her
#FACTS_ABOUT_NIGERIA_YOU_MAY_NEVER_HAVE_KNOWN
You may already know that Nigeria is the
largest black nation in the world and the
most populous nation in Africa.
You may already know that Nigeria has
great dependency on crude oil, plus all the other opinions of David Cameron.
Here are 20 unpopular facts about Nigeria.
1. Are you aware that all over the world
Nigerians are setting the pace and becoming the standard by which others measure themselves? Do you know?
2. In the US, Nigerians are the most educated immigrant community. Type it into Google and you’ll see it. Not one of the most educated, the most educated.
3. 60% of Nigerians in the US have college degrees. This is far above the American national average of 30%.
4. Nigerians in US are one of the highest earners, typically earning 25% more than
the median US income of $53k.
5. In Ivy League schools in Europe and America, Nigerians routinely outperform their peers from other nations.
6. A Nigerian family, The Imafidon family, have officially been named the smartest family in the UK.
7. The designer of the famous car, Chevrolet Volt, Jelani Aliyu, is a super
talented Nigerian from Sokoto State.
8. The World’s fastest supercomputer was
designed by a world renowned inventor
and scientist, Philip Emeagwali, a full-
blown Nigerian whose patency was awarded in 2015. This means Nigeria has the patency to the world’s fastest computer: a Black Nigerian.
9. The wealthiest Black man and woman on earth are Nigerians, Aliko Dangote and Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija. Both have no trace of criminal record of any kind.
10. South Africa couldn’t have ended apartheid & achieved Black rule if not for the leadership role Nigeria played.
11. Of the 3 South African Presidents who
ruled after apartheid, two of them once
lived in Nigeria under asylum. Both Nelson Mandela (60s) and Thabo Mbeki (70s) lived in Nigeria before becoming President of South Africa. We gave financial support, human support, boycotted an Olympics and
our politicians, musicians and activists campaigned relentlessly.
12. Nigeria spent over $3 Billion and lost
hundreds of soldiers to end the wars in both Liberia and Sierra Leone which the world ignored because they have no oil.
13. When there was a coup in São Tomé and Príncipe in 2003, Nigeria restored the
elected President back to power.
14. Before there were street lights in European cities, ancient Benin kingdom had street lights fueled by palm oil.
15. 500 years ago, Benin casted metal alloys to create magnificent art including the world famous Queen Ida Mask.
16. Amina was a warrior queen who ruled Zaria Emirate in Kaduna state, Northwestern Nigeria 400 years ago in 1610. Google and see what she means to Africa.
17. We gave monetary gifts to Ireland during our oil boom and built a statue for
France free of charge. We are not poor blacks. Nigeria is rich and don’t be lied to.
18. The first television station in Africa was NTA Ibadan (1960) long before Ireland has their RTE station.
=========
Wherever you look in this great country, Nigeria, heroes abound both now and in our recent and ancient past.
If all you do is listen to mainstream Western media, you’ll not get the full picture of your Nigerian heritage.
Do not listen to any leader who says Nigerians are criminals, no matter who he is, or his height and position.
We’re not a nation of scammers, drugs & corruption, but a people with a verifiable track record of greatness.
==========
Here is what CNN, BBC, Aljezeera and western media will not tell you about Nigerians:
19. On the 7th May, 2016 at Howard University in Washington D.C history was
made. Out of 96 graduating Doctor of Pharmacy candidates, 43 of them were Nigerians and out of 27 awards given, 16 went to Nigerians.
The entire world still envies our uniqueness as a NATION with living together despite our ethnic diversity. One single country with over 400 languages.
They will only tell you how Nigerians are scammers and cheats, how Nigerians are into drugs overseas et al.
If you don’t blow your trumpet, no one
will blow it for you.
20. There are over 180,000,000 Nigerians
world over and only less than 250,000 of this figure have traceable criminal records.
This is about 0.14% of our entire national population in the last 20 years: nothing close to 1%. Shame on global media.
Listen Nigeria, don't let anybody woo you
into believing that you are a criminal just because you are a Nigerian.
Nigerians are NOT criminals.
You are NOT a criminal.
You are topnotch; second to none around the world.
I am proud am created a Nigerian, thank you God.
Be proud of Nigeria wherever you go.
Take out your Passport with pride.
Be proud of our GREEN HERITAGE.
Be enthusiastic of our FUTURE GREATNESS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by kingmekus(m): 1:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
adefizzy:

I read all the post before you and I couldn't find anyone talking about tribe, why are you always weary about other people's life and tribe? As a man thinketh so he is, you are the real tribal bigot.
is it that you don't understand English or you are just simply stupid?? read what I wrote again and this time slowly.
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by edupedia: 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
Wingback:
Forget all the hype about Indians and "Asians" as Braniacs. Nigerians are the real deal... in a class of 300, The top 10% will have African names in it, especially the adult immigrants, They can't afford to fail and go back to their miserable governments.

Even in HS, I was that one black kid that Would roll a blunt with you and still be on principal's honor roll.

And this highlights the brain drain plaguing African countries...This man will never give up stable good pay and security for a Buhari government.

...gbenu e sohun!...who call Ipobian come join matter of Odua son?...shombolator, if na u now u go dey praise the Biafra of your dreams...not so?...

3 Likes

Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Bustermachine: 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
Proudly Yoruba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Bgorgeous: 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
At last he has been recognized
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Eladua(m): 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

Convenant University come and see oooo!!!!

He Went to a cheap school!!!

Did u also see that he did his PhD in Virginia University.... Is that also cheap?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by adefizzy(m): 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
kingmekus:
is it that you don't understand English or you are just simply stupid?? read what I wrote again and this time slowly.
What you wrote is not worth reading twice, it only shows your low self esteem. Don't always divert every discussion to tribalism.
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by peaceMma(f): 1:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
nothing way no gho dey dx world ooh.. Abi wetin w no go hear
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 01, 2016
Eladua:

Did u also see that he did his PhD in Virginia University.... Is that also cheap?

You have my attention... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by AikayDaWrapper(m): 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
I read this story on CNN a few weeks back and they didn't mention the nationality or name of the doctor.

If it was an American I'm sure they would have plastered his name all over their site.

Haters.
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by kingmekus(m): 1:31pm On Nov 01, 2016
adefizzy:

What you wrote is not worth reading twice, it only shows your low self esteem. Don't always divert every discussion to tribalism.
kat away u
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Lionsclaw: 1:32pm On Nov 01, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

He Went to a Ife!!!

Gosh!!
I dispise people like you big time. I saw this post and was really very happy that a Nigerian did this and coming to read just 1st comment your black mind is already spewing out bigotry and pyschological cannibalism.
This thing with you and people like you is a sickness and if you dont treat it you will be limited below a certain kind of joy and harmony life has to offer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
Lionsclaw:
Gosh!!
I dispise people like you big time. I saw this post and was really very that a Nigerian did this and coming to read just 1st comment your black mind is already spewing out bigotry and pyschological cannibalism.
This thing with you and people like you is a sickness and if you dont treat it you will be limited below a certain kind of joy and harmony life has to offer

It's despise... grin grin grin grin

Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by slapandfall(m): 1:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

He Went to Ife!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..............-GREAT IFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by olubl: 1:41pm On Nov 01, 2016
My Bro this is just d beginning.You are story maker.God is your strength
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Phi001(m): 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2016
adefizzy:

I read all the post before you and I couldn't find anyone talking about tribe, why are you always weary about other people's life and tribe? As a man thinketh so he is, you are the real tribal bigot.
Did you also read the posts after him?
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by eyinjuege: 1:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
teepsee:
thank God this one came up, the first time it showed up some people said the man was an assistant not the doctor.

But this one will make some people very angry. Proudly AFONJAS

An assistant surgeon doesn't necessarily mean its a junior surgeon. A professor of surgery can assist the most junior doctor in the team during surgery.

For this major surgery however, that's not been done before , don't be surprised the assistant was equally a fellow prof.
The success and time taken for some surgeries depends on your assistant...
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Lionsclaw: 1:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
unclezuma:

It's despise... grin grin grin grin
doesnt matter. Shows how deep your sickness is if I am talking of something that is destroying your life and you are talking about spelling error lol. Tells me all I need to know that you are one of the children here. Eya!
Dont know how young you are but I can tell you there are 15yr old kids who can do better mentally than you. Enjoy your life, its a free world ; )
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
author=Lionsclaw post=50680151]

Show maturity by minding your business... amebo

grin grin grin grin
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Lionsclaw: 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2016
unclezuma:

Show maturity by minding your business... amebo

grin grin grin grin

I mind my business o; I dont mind my business o....doesnt changethe fact that you are in serious need of help grin if on such a fine post that is the first thing you thought of. Its a sickness guy grin
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2016
passyhansome:
Waoooooo good to see an afonja making front page for the right reason other than raping children or stealing, proud of them for this, Brown roof more grease to ur elbows
see your life? undecided
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by chidimmaesther(f): 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
please is he single
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Honeyprof(m): 1:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
Good job there. Everyone applauds musicians and billionaires. People like this also deserve at least applause
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
Lionsclaw:
I mind my business o; I dont mind my business o....doesnt changethe fact that you are in serious need of help grin if on such a fine post that is the first thing you thought of. Its a sickness guy grin

Sir,
kindly arrange your sentences in a structured manner please.
You have started distracting me.
Best regards,
Your favourite Uncle,
J. Zuma.
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by eyinjuege: 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
amagunnerfan2:
What I find interesting is the fact that aside that he is Nigerian, he also went to school in Nigeria.

Yet some are wailing that they don't have money to pay school fees abroad cos of the exchange rate. They should cry me a river.

Most Nigerians doing notably well abroad had their first degrees from Nigerian unis. Especially those who studied there more than 15years ago.
Its just a pity Nigerian leaders have failed the nation. There's so much frustration in the land and even those who mean well are frustrated out of the system.
Your country has opportunities for only a selected few- those in power.
When you even see the scholarship schemes available, you find out that most of those who get scholarships to choice international universities are the children of the rich, and selected on man know man basis.
Merit is hardly ever used in Nigeria, so how can we progress? Those who deserve merit positions, scholarships, trainings are frustrated out of the system only to go abroad and see how easy things are. Their brains are usually enough to get them to high places.
Hard work has never been a Nigerian's problem.
I just weep for my country.
The brain drain is alarming. Its been ongoing since the 80s, and still getting worse.
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Honeyprof(m): 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
teepsee:
thank God this one came up, the first time it showed up some people said the man was an assistant not the doctor.

But this one will make some people very angry. Proudly AFONJAS
All this Afonja and IPOB and Herdsmen namecalling is an Eyesore on Nairaland. Can't I do a day here without seeing "Stupid IPOB", "IDIOT AFONJA", "BOKO brothers" and such?

1 Like

Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by chidimmaesther(f): 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2016
please is he single and searching,lolz
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by humblemikel(f): 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
MY Crush, Smiles
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by koladebrainiac(m): 2:31pm On Nov 01, 2016
Proudly Afonja
From Ile ife

See Nija west education n universities setting the pace

1 Like

Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by mikeapollo: 2:35pm On Nov 01, 2016
Harvigh:
What a feat...a professor and he looks so simple compared to some of those fat toads we have here as professors.
He is still young and would not have been a professor yet if he were still in Nigeria.
It is quite much easier to reach the pinnacle of your career in US if you are really serious. That is why it is called ''Land of Opportunities''

2 Likes

Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
Harvigh:
What a feat...a professor and he looks so simple compared to some of those fat toads we have here as professors.
Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: U.S Celebrates Oluyinka Olutoye's Surgical Feat by Horlorlardaey: 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2016
IFE GRADUATES!!!!

SLAYING IT
SINCE TIME IMMEMORIAL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility / 594 New COVID-19 Cases, 209 Discharged And 7 Deaths On June 25 - (2935 Tested) / Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.