Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) (39416 Views)

Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe / Nigerian Air Force Airstrikes Sambisa Forest Killing Boko Haram Members(Video) / Watch Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by koolcat: 7:45am On Nov 02, 2016
#noted
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by ednut1(m): 7:47am On Nov 02, 2016
hilarious

1 Like

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by sammuell(m): 7:47am On Nov 02, 2016
God ur protection upon our soldiers
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by theSpark(m): 7:48am On Nov 02, 2016
No helmets o.

1 Like

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by bengasyll(m): 7:52am On Nov 02, 2016
Few wearing bullet proof vest and helmet. These guys are trying. Kudos
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by NDprudent(m): 7:52am On Nov 02, 2016
I don't know why this video looks funny to me......"that one don die.......e never die o"

6 Likes

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Waskolo(m): 7:53am On Nov 02, 2016
[quote author=yetobe post=50697710]I just wanna ask something... who was the camera man?
common sense is not common!!
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by thonyrule(m): 7:55am On Nov 02, 2016
Nawa! Upon say bullets dey fly anyhow,person still get mind dey record undecidedon that faithful day, I can imagine some taking fotos of people going to hell and those going to heaven with funny captions grin

1 Like

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 02, 2016
krattoss:
No sniper, no airsupport.. undecided

No advancement, just stucked on one place and wasting bullets. . cry

you are talking about sniper and air support or advancement when the video is too short to credibly access the situation.

No Brigade fights without snipers..if the video did not show one does not mean there wasnt one. Air support could have been enroute but the video wasnt long enough to show that....

Talking about advancement I am sure you can see they are in the middle of a Boko haram sandwich and were shooting in 2 directions so how could they advance when both directions are blocked off.

My professional assessment is that they probably walked into an ambush so were temporarily disorganised which was when the video was being shot but they were doing a good job holding their position.

War fronts is not a video game...its real and scary and you never see the bullet that kills you until it hits you... Stop being condemning analytically..rather pray for them which I am sure you would have been doing if your brother was trapped in that ambush.

#NIGARMYREALMEN
#NOTOKEYBOARDWARRIORS

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by passyhansome(m): 7:56am On Nov 02, 2016
blizzcelebTv:
A Nigerian Soldier in the northeast shares video of live gunfight in sambisa Forest.
God bless the Nigerian Army
watch-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAlXdItITbw

After watching this clip, at first I thought they were police, only to look again and saw its soldiers now I see why we are not winning the war, no strategy, no standby, no back up, wasting bullets on one person. May God help us

4 Likes

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Uwaomaokey(m): 7:58am On Nov 02, 2016
jayriginal:
Are they being fired upon from both sides? That would be weird cos in such a situation, I doubt anyone would have the composure to do a recording.

You observed like I did, why would they want to be ambushed? Firing from both sides and someone is busy recording.

3 Likes

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by timunstopable: 7:58am On Nov 02, 2016
onyenro:
This bh is just a scam. Imagine the waste of bullets... The soldiers don't even have binoculars to sight the lone gun man.
All they do is assume that the hail of bullets will possibly hit the lone gun man.
Nigeria has along way to go

Eye dey pain you

you no fit see one of them get binocular

he was the one trying to confirm that the bh guy was dead
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Zaikon(m): 8:00am On Nov 02, 2016
yetobe:
I just wanna ask something... who was the camera man?
za guy is behind za camera.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by sensolution10(m): 8:01am On Nov 02, 2016
I can't biliv apc is nw running a govt of nollywood dey tink a reasonable Nigeria wil biliv dat dis is a battle field or training field.a battle field wia dey were left exposed,most of dem r nt even putin on dia helmet,cn a soldier who suppose 2 be shooting gun at d enemies av time to camera?or wil u tel me dat it waz NTA dat came 2 video in a battle field or itz nairaland.I refused to be deceived IJN amen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by gbomojomo(m): 8:02am On Nov 02, 2016
samtee37:
Who dey record dem self... For battle field

IN MODERN WARS, THERE IS ALWAYS VIDEO RECORDING BY EITHER ONE THE SOLDIERS,USE OF DRONE OR EVEN PRESS GUYS. WATCH IRAQ FIGHTING ISIS IN MOSUL.

3 Likes

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by nextprince: 8:02am On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

you are talking about sniper and air support or advancement when the video is too short to credibly access the situation.

No Brigade fights without snipers..if the video did not show one does not mean there wasnt one. Air support could have been enroute but the video wasnt long enough to show that....

Talking about advancement I am sure you can see they are in the middle of a Boko haram sandwich and were shooting in 2 directions so how could they advance when both directions are blocked off.

My professional assessment is that they probably walked into an ambush so were temporarily disorganised which was when the video was being shot but they were doing a good job holding their position.

War fronts is not a video game...its real and scary and you never see the bullet that kills you until it hits you... Stop being condemning analytically..rather pray for them which I am sure you would have been doing if your brother was trapped in that ambush.

#NIGARMYREALMEN
#NOTOKEYBOARDWARRIORS

My brother, u don talk am finish nothing remain. Tnx.

3 Likes

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Zaikon(m): 8:03am On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

#NIGARMYREALMEN
#NOTOKEYBOARDWARRIORS
sure man thats realistic.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by tolexy123: 8:04am On Nov 02, 2016
bengasyll:
Few wearing bullet proof vest and helmet. These guys are trying. Kudos
datz not a bullet proof vest. its just a logistics vest. armies dont use vest in war front like dis, it slows them down. look closely

1 Like

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Zaikon(m): 8:05am On Nov 02, 2016
sensolution10:
I can't biliv apc is nw running a govt of nollywood dey tink a reasonable Nigeria wil biliv dat dis is a battle field or training field.a battle field wia dey were left exposed,most of dem r nt even putin on dia helmet,cn a soldier who suppose 2 be shooting gun at d enemies av time to camera?or wil u tel me dat it waz NTA dat came 2 video in a battle field or itz nairaland.I refused to be deceived IJN amen
bro shun ur sentiment.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Sayelabola(m): 8:07am On Nov 02, 2016
samtee37:
Who dey record dem self... For battle field

We have APRD in the Army. Just like the ones you know as the press crew.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by castiello(m): 8:08am On Nov 02, 2016
krattoss:

You get chance by 10mb come online with your Nokia c3 the type rubbish why not go join them and teach them how to advance are u not a Nigerian ? Nonsense

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by moralex(m): 8:10am On Nov 02, 2016
those soldiers were repelling an ambush , that's why they are in a diamond formation attack - defence

6 Likes

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Sayelabola(m): 8:12am On Nov 02, 2016
KAYD007:
Those soldiers are too left exposed to enemy fire....just a single bokoharam sniper in a vantage position will do a lot of harm to them . angry

It'd be hard for a sniper to take position in that video and go away happily...he muat be hit by a stray or recocheted bullet(s).
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by melotech(m): 8:12am On Nov 02, 2016
I dont believe this how can you be in battle field of that nature and someone will be recording this is a politica stunt
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by velo10: 8:12am On Nov 02, 2016
krattoss:

Every army is caught up in this situation at a point in time. Kudos to the Nigerian Army

4 Likes

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by gragraboy: 8:19am On Nov 02, 2016
Fantastic2m:
Goof one guys
Really goof one !
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Spidermon: 8:19am On Nov 02, 2016
Being patriotic and supportive of our armed forces doesnt mean we shouldnt criticize.

This is nothing close to how a modern fighting force should be.

Zero protective gear, no comms, no backup, no fighting or appropriate cover formations. The enemy position didnt seem to be well numbered nor even returning fire, some of the soldiers would have been hit if so.
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 02, 2016
krattoss:

grin grin grin
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by NevetsIbot(m): 8:30am On Nov 02, 2016
God help them. Hear as guns dey shoot
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by zicoraads: 8:31am On Nov 02, 2016
Damnittttt shocked shocked
Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Atk1nson(m): 8:31am On Nov 02, 2016
krattoss:

Haba, do you expect them to call in air support over a few militants armed with only light weapons (as it appears to be). What they seem to lack are snipers, binoculars and the necessary protective vests.

1 Like

Re: Gunfight Between Boko Haram And Nigerian Army In Sambisa Forest (video) by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 02, 2016
Spidermon:
Being patriotic and supportive of our armed forces doesnt mean we shouldnt criticize.

This is nothing close to how a modern fighting force should be.

Zero protective gear, no comms, no backup, no fighting or appropriate cover formations. The enemy position didnt seem to be well numbered nor even returning fire, some of the soldiers would have been hit if so.

They have comms and no back up walks alongaide the main brigade so do not expect to see a back up with them in the video....They were making the best use of the cover available which is a one sides trench so at least they have cover on one side.

When caught in an ambush the first reaction is to go haywire with bullets as this would also force the enemy to go in deep and protect themselves from ricochets and in that situation you have time to regroup and take adequate formations which is what they were doing if you watch the video well and look down the line from where the video man is...those ones were beginning to take on the defence attack diamond position.

There was gunfire from the enemy but perhaps the enemy were also outgunned and outmanned and lack the profeasional service of a sniper which is a good thing for the NA in this situation.

If you have ever been or seen combat then you would not be saying what you are saying. These are trained professionals who react as deemed fit for the situation. Lets applaud them even when their efforts are little as without their line of defence Boko haram would have engulfed Nigeria as wr know it.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fraudster Kingpin Arinze AKA 'senator Nwobodo' Who Died Seeking Forgiveness (pic / US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple / Mother Killed While Separating Her Sons Who Were Fighting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.