Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,500 members, 7,781,513 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:56 PM

The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. (16235 Views)

Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God / If You Get A Telescope, You Will Immediately Stop Believing The Bible / Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Scholar8200(m): 6:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

How would storing UnAlcholic wine Burst A bottle and if they didn't have bottles then why did jesus mention it please do u guys read what you write at all?
Did you read that the bottles would burst because they were old? An old bottle would leak out the wine!

The Oriental bottles are skins of sheep or goats. Old bottles would crack and leak. This may be regarded as a further illustration of the doctrine taught in the preceding verse. But it is better to give it an individual application.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by CHARLOE(m): 6:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
5. Heracles

Heracles is the Son of a god (Zeus). It is recorded that Zeus is both the father and great-great- great grandfather of Heracles, just as Jesus is essentially his own grandpa, being both “The root and offspring of David” (Revelation 22:16) as he is part of the triune God which is the father of Adam and eventually of Jesus. Both are doubly related to the Supreme God.
Diodorus writes that,”For as regards the magnitude of the deeds which he accomplished it is generally agreed that Heracles has been handed down as one who surpassed all men of whom memory from the beginning of time has brought down an account; consequently it is a difficult attainment to report each one of his deeds in a worthy manner and to present a record which shall be on a level with labours so great, the magnitude of which won for him the prize of immortality.”
Jesus is also said to have done a very large number of good works. John 21:25 says that: “Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.”

Hera tries to kill Heracles as an infant by sending two serpents after him, yet Heracles survives by strangling them. This parallels Herod’s slaughter of the innocents in an attempt to kill Jesus (Matthew 2:13-16).
Heracles makes a descent into Hades and returns from it with Theseus and Peirithoüs, just as Jesus descends into the “lower parts of the earth” or Hades (Ephesians 4:7-cool; Though Jesus does not bring anyone up from it. Heracles’ body is not found and he is assumed to have been taken by the gods:”After this, when the companions of Iolaüs came to gather up the bones of Heracles and found not a single bone anywhere, they assumed that, in accordance with the words of the oracle, he had passed from among men into the company of the gods.”
Tell them!
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

How would storing UnAlcholic wine Burst A bottle and if they didn't have bottles then why did jesus mention it please do u guys read what you write at all?

I already answered this question. That scripture used the word WINESKINS in place of BOTTLE since WINESKINS is what was attainable then..you can refer to MARK 2: 22 or MATHEW 9:17 but that was their own bottle for containing wine back then however the focus was not on the wine being used for this illustration but on the reason behind that illustraton. Lets loo at it from MATHEW 9 vs 15 down to 17 shall we...

15 Jesus answered, “How can the guests of the bridegroom mourn while he is with them? The time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; then they will fast.

16 “No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, for the patch will pull away from the garment, making the tear worse. 17 Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”

That echoes what Jesus said about Him sending us the comforter who is the Holy spirit...So we need to prepare our earthly vessel to accomodate Him Hence the new wine in old wineskins illustration.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by gaelllic: 6:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
10. Buddha

Both Buddah and Jesus went to their temples at the age of twelve, where they are said to have astonished all with their wisdom. Both supposedly fasted in solitude for a long time: Buddha for forty–seven days and Jesus for forty. Both wandered to a fig tree at the conclusion of their fasts. Both were about the same age when they began their public ministry:
“When he [Buddha] went again to the garden he saw a monk who was calm, tranquerene, and dignified. The prince, determined to become such a monk, was led to make the great renunciation. At the time he was twenty–nine years of age… “Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age.” (Luke 3:23). Both were tempted by the “devil” at the beginning of their ministry: To Buddha, he said: “Go not forth to adopt a religious life but return to your kingdom, and in seven days you shall become emperor of the world, riding over the four continents.” To Jesus, he said: “All these [kingdoms of the world] I will give you, if you fall down and worship me” (Matthew 4:9). Buddha answered the “devil”: “Get you away from me.”
Jesus responded: “…begone, Satan!” (Matthew 4:10). Both strove to establish a kingdom of heaven on earth. According to the Somadeva (a Buddhist holy book), a Buddhist ascetic’s eye once offended him, so he plucked it out and cast it away. Jesus said: “If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out, and throw it away;.” (Matthew 5:29).

You shameless liar.

Bring a quote (no links, put it up right here). Bring a quote from a pagan religious document
confirming all you wrote here.

No secondhand book reviews.

No Jack Chick tracts.

No clever lines from Dawkins.

Bring a quote.

When I say 'the Catholic Church teaches' I can give quotes (page, chapter and verse)

from the Bible or from Church Dogma. Which people can Google/download and verify.

You bring a quote. From a recognized pagan religious book of antiquity.

Which we can Google/download. And verify.

Let's start there.

Cur, blasphemer, and miserable clown.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by FSMs: 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
Scholar8200:

Intoxication begins with the very first drink. You should never drink and drive, no matter how much you've consumed. You can be impaired and arrested even if your BAC is under 0.08%.
https://www.bactrack.com/blogs/expert-center/35040901-how-many-drinks-does-it-take-to-reach-0-08-bac

From a neutral site this!

Did you think i wasn't going to open the Link i no lazy reach that one

Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by raphieMontella: 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

So you still refused to open the link I sent you and prefer this your ignorant argument.

Drunk was not isolated in the scripture. ....

Proper expression that would support your argument would be in this manner...

WHEN MEN HAVE WELL DRUNK AND GOTREN DRUNKEN.....this would show that the drunk meant drunkeness specifically. ..

But descriptively as a statement in Past participle it says...WHEN MEN HAVE WELL DRUNK THAT WHICH WAS WORSE YOU HAVE KEPT THE GOOD WINE FOR LAST....

This shows their comment was based on the action of drinking and not the act of drunkeness. ..They were appreciating the groom while scolding him a bit...

The exact words were ...PEOPLE NORMALLY BRING OUT THE GOOD WINE FIRST AT SUCH OCCASSIONS BUT YOU HAD TO LET US FINISH THE BAD WINE AND NOW YOU BRING OUT THE GOOD WINE...

Its simple English. I know some of you struggle with English as if it was Chemistry but I dont....
we are talking about it(the wine) being alcoholic oo..
In titus 1:7..''addicted to wine'' is stated..the word use ''oinos''(drv)
Can one be addicted to juice?

I said...when ''oinos'' is used with the word ''methu'' it always implies that the wine was ''alcoholic''..
In cases of your ''participle stuff'' other words like ''pino'' etc were used...
Or can you provide a case or passage in the bible where the word ''methu'' for ''drunk'' meant your wayo participle something?
Wait so there is Good fruit juice and bad fruit juice?
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by gaelllic: 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
And while we wait...

For he may be gone a long time...

http://fakebuddhaquotes.com/all-fake-buddha-quotes/
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Scholar8200(m): 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Did you think i wasn't going to open the Link i no lazy reach that one
The point I stressed is that:

Intoxication begins with the very first drink. You should never drink and drive, no matter how much you've consumed. You can be impaired and arrested even if your BAC is under 0.08%

That alone knocks out your claims of moderate drinking!
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by FSMs: 6:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

I already answered this question. That scripture used the word WINESKINS in place of BOTTLE since WINESKINS is what was attainable then..you can refer to MARK 2: 22 or MATHEW 9:17 but that was their own bottle for containing wine back then however the focus was not on the wine being used for this illustration but on the reason behind that illustraton. Lets loo at it from MATHEW 9 vs 15 down to 17 shall we...

15 Jesus answered, “How can the guests of the bridegroom mourn while he is with them? The time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; then they will fast.

16 “No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment, for the patch will pull away from the garment, making the tear worse. 17 Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”

That echoes what Jesus said about Him sending us the comforter who is the Holy spirit...So we need to prepare our earthly vessel to accomodate Him Hence the new wine in old wineskins illustration.
Good now explain how wineskin would burst if you put UnAlcholic wine in it
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by FSMs: 6:16pm On Nov 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
The point I stressed is that:

Intoxication begins with the very first drink. You should never drink and drive, no matter how much you've consumed. You can be impaired and arrested even if your BAC is under 0.08%

That alone knocks out your claims of moderate drinking!
One bottle of bear is not up to 0.08 didn't you do the calculation?
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by raphieMontella: 6:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
The issue here is incomparable with something that must be done in private eg bathing.

Jude's description of such folks show their sinfulness and how they defile the Church by their presence hence calling them spots. It was better they stayed away, this is the uniform position of Paul and Jude.
we've seen cases of married people s*xing on the streets in the road...so its not distinctively a private issue...
And i'm talking about paul..not jude..lest i quote other bible authors..
Did paul say taking alcohol is a sin?
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Scholar8200(m): 6:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

One bottle of bear is not up to 0.08 didn't you do the calculation?
Suffice it to say that intoxication begins with the first drink!

Besides, did you miss the relationship between body weight and % of alcohol?
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by FSMs: 6:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
Did you read that the bottles would burst because they were old? An old bottle would leak out the wine!

The Oriental bottles are skins of sheep or goats. Old bottles would crack and leak. This may be regarded as a further illustration of the doctrine taught in the preceding verse. But it is better to give it an individual application.
This is what the passage said stop forming your own words..

Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.

Why would the New wine Burst the Old bottle?
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Scholar8200(m): 6:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

This is what the passage said stop forming your own words..

Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.

Why would the New wine Burst the Old bottle?
Simple, because it is old!!!

How about the new cloth and old? Why would the new tear the old? Fermentation too

You are the one forcing an opinion!
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Scholar8200(m): 6:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
raphieMontella:

we've seen cases of married people s*xing on the streets in the road...so its not distinctively a private issue...
Is that appropriate? Would you take your bath in front of your house on a sunny afternoon and expect to be considered sane?

And i'm talking about paul..not jude..lest i quote other bible authors..
Did paul say taking alcohol is a sin?
Not just Paul, the Bible condemns it!
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Good now explain how wineskin would burst if you put UnAlcholic wine in it

I know you will never see what I am explaining to you as all you see is wine and alcohol...

If you wish to explain something to people pf a certain time in order for them to understand you use things aroind them as illustrations....

Everyone knows fermented wine which is alcoholic would rip a weak old wineskin so Jesus used a visual example they all knew to show them this parable.
The Holy spirit is like thos New Wine and cannot be contained in this weak sin laden body. For Him to stay He needs a renewed body and a renewed heart otherwise that individual cannot bear it.

Note that the very first example was when he said SOWING A NEW PATCH OF CLOTH UNTO AN OLD CLOTH...The old cloth cannot hold the stitches so making the new patch useless and further destroying the old cloth as the threads rip it apart.

The next illustration was with the wine and old wineskins...BOTH PARABLES WERE TALKING ABOUT THE SAME THING...

why not talk about from verse 15 to 17 and both parables and not deceptively focus on the one done with wine illustration?

Help yourself by stopping with your deception of yourself.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by FSMs: 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
Simple, because it is old!!!

How about the new cloth and old? Why would the new tear the old? Fermentation too

Why would UnAlcholic wine Burst An Old wineskin it didn't Say spoilt wineskine o explain

And also Explain why the Translation of Bottle was used And not Wineskin? Why wasn't wineskin used for the Translation?

Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Why would UnAlcholic wine Burst An Old wineskin it didn't Say spoilt wineskine o explain

And also Explain why the Translation of Bottle was used And not Wineskin? Why wasn't wineskin used for the Translation?

How ridiculous can you be? I showed you from Mark and Mathew that they used WINESKINS and this was rheir own bottle at that time so if John said bottle you know it meant WINESKINS as well but here you are still asking silly questions after receiving the explanation. ....

I already also told you why the bursting of old wineskins with new wine was used and drew your attention to the parable right before the wine and wineskins parable and how that also said the very same thing but using a different set of illustrative materials in old cloths and a new patch....

Guy grow up pls.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by FSMs: 6:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

How ridiculous can you be? I showed you from Mark and Mathew that they used WINESKINS and this was rheir own bottle at that time so if John said bottle you know it meant WINESKINS as well but here you are still asking silly questions after receiving the explanation. ....

I already also told you why the bursting of old wineskins with new wine was used and drew your attention to the parable right before the wine and wineskins parable and how that also said the very same thing but using a different set of illustrative materials in old cloths and a new patch....

Guy grow up pls.
Simple Question Why was Bottle used as the English translation and not Wineskin
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Scholar8200(m): 6:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Old bottle and old cloth have something in common...THEY ARE OLD!!!

Because that is the purpose they served. Just as you will ask why did they say pen when quail feather was used
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Simple Question Why was Bottle used as the English translation and not Wineskin

Scholar8200 are you sure this guy is alright?

Mathew and Mark referred to it as wineskins and he does not understand that scripture balances scripture even when you told him bottles were not used back then and their bottles for wine were wineskins....

FMSs ignorance is nothing to be proud of but you seem to be an exception.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by FSMs: 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

Scholar8200 are you sure this guy is alright?
Mathew and Mark referred to it as wineskins and he does not understand that scripture balances scripture even when you told him bottles were not used back then and their bottles for wine were wineskins....
FMSs ignorance is nothing to be proud of but you seem to be an exception.
Scholar8200:
Old bottle and old cloth have something in common...THEY ARE OLD!!!

Because that is the purpose they served. Just as you will ask why did they say pen when quail feather was used

When the Bible Was translated to English Are you saying they where No bottles Then? Why was Bottles Used Instead Of Wineskin it's a Simple Question
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by raphieMontella: 6:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
Is that appropriate? Would you take your bath in front of your house on a sunny afternoon and expect to be considered sane?
would a man who drinks/takes alcohol to the church be considered sane?...No..but doesnt make it invalid...
Same way not having s*x in church makes s*x invalid..

Not just Paul, the Bible condemns it!
deut 14:26?
Proverbs 31:6-7?
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

When the Bible Was translated to English Are you saying they where No bottles Then? Why was Bottles Used Instead Of Wineskin it's a Simple Question

Smh...

Why did Mathew and Mark say WINESKINS instead of BOTTLE?
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by FSMs: 6:52pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

Smh...

Why did Mathew and Mark say WINESKINS instead of BOTTLE?
Mat 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
raphieMontella:

would a man who drinks/takes alcohol to the church be considered sane?...No..but doesnt make it invalid...
Same way not having s*x in church makes s*x invalid..

deut 14:26?
Proverbs 31:6-7?

The church is not the standard for righteousness or holiness...The Holy spirit is and now that our body is the TEMPLE (DWELLING) of the holy spirit as believers we are not meant to defile it..

Its not about where you do what you do its about what you do regardless of where you are.

You can pretend to be holy oitside but cannot deceive the Holy spirit when He knows you are not Holy in secret.

The Holy spirit encourages consistency and not deception...If you preach a thing then practice it...Be a doer of the word and not a hearer only DECEIVING YOURSELVES...

Doing and living a pure and holy life and doing away with anything that holds a tendency of drawing one away into error is discouraged which is why we are adviced to FLEE FROM EVERY APPEARANCE OF EVIL....just like the whites would say.."if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck its is a duck"...

The Holy spirit is the final word on the rhema of the word of God as without Him guiding many would be in error.

AS MANY AS ARE LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD THEY ARE THE SONS OF GOD.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Mat 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

You seriously need help.

Let me post the different translations for your mental update.... kindly note the words wineskins

Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 02, 2016
More

Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by FSMs: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

You seriously need help.

Let me post the different translations for your mental update.... kindly note the words wineskins
I used KJV didn't you See Bottle there? Where Did kjv gets it's idea of Bottle break from?

Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

I have posted the different Bible Translations for Mark 2: 22 and will gladly post same for Mathew 9:17 if you still wish to pursue this argument even after all the explanations you have received.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

I used KJV didn't you See Bottle there? Where Did kjv gets it's idea of Bottle break from?

If you go through the skingrabs I posted you will see King James 2000 Bible translation kindly read it.

BOTTLE in that context refers to WINESKINS...gosh are you 9yrs old or something?
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:51am On Nov 03, 2016
4everGod:

I really see no point arguing with you because clearly you wish to sell your catholic views to me which I am not buying so sell it to someone else...

You need to first find out what word the word WINE was translated from in greek when translating thag passage then come back and tell me your catholic views again.

I abhor ignorance and you sir are ignorant.
He is actually right, wine in ancient times refers to an alcoholic beverage. u are d one who seem ignorant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog? / 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis / What Does The Name Jesus Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.