Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,839 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (3978 Views)

Catholic And Anglican Issue Stealing My Happiness Away / Is It Possible For Men To Experience Sexism / How Sex Can Improve Your Marital Happiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Successjoy(f): 8:35am On Nov 02, 2016
Re: . by carammel(f): 8:42am On Nov 02, 2016
So you have inferiority complex because of tribal marks?

Well,I dunno where you came from,but if you are Yoruba,there are more than enough Yoruba women with tribal marks and they are doing just fine. You are the only person that can help yourself,be proud of your look and never allow anyone look down on you,a man would love you for you and the good thing you have to offer while he overlooks your tribal mark.

I will seek the permission of my sis inlaw to upload her picture,she is very beautiful,a pharmacist with nice accent and married to a handsome man with kids, she even did shakara in her single days.

Come out of your shell and stop wallowing in self pity please.

14 Likes

Re: . by Olasco93: 8:50am On Nov 02, 2016
From your post, if true, I would say you lack Self-esteem, it means you hate yourself because that's what you're telling me, and I believe is that lack of self-esteem that those who dated you in the past took advantage of.
I've seen a scenerio like this before where the lady told herself "...Any man that come, I will just marry and rest..."
Hear me and hear me good, you need to have Pride and Love yourself because that's the first law of Love.
Secondly, about schooling abroad, think of it this way, you just "Like" to school there but your "Love" Nigeria because after your stay there, you surely must come home, what am trying to say is that don't make yourself too desperate, take a step at a time. Why not put your head up high and School here and who knows after your schooling (First degree) here the Opportunity you've been waiting for to school (Other Degree(s)) abroad may just come to you like a dream, with ease.

2 Likes

Re: . by Successjoy(f): 8:52am On Nov 02, 2016
carammel:

Well,I dunno where you came from,but if you are Yoruba,there are more than enough Yoruba women with tribal marks and they are doing just fine. You are the only person that can help yourself,be proud of your look and never allow anyone look down on you,a man would love you for you and the good thing you have to offer while he overlooks your tribal mark.

I will seek the permission of my sis inlaw to upload her picture,she is very beautiful,a pharmacist with nice accent and married to a handsome man with kids, she even did shakara in her single days.

thanks. Its not self pity maa'm. I'm not suffering from low esteem. You are not in my shoe so you may not understand.
All I need is idea to raise the fee.admission application starts by December. Thanks once again
Re: . by carammel(f): 8:55am On Nov 02, 2016
Successjoy:
I got the courage to post this here as a result of the useful advise that was given on maaamaaa thread and I can feel how happy she is right now.
I believe I will be given realistic advise to keep my hopes alive too.
Well, I am the first child of my parents and as a result of this, I was baptised with tribal marks on my face which has been my only source of sadness. Some years back, I found out I can correct with plastic surgery. I thought the fee is expensive and the only way to raise that is through studying and working abroad until the fee is raised. I told my parents about my plans to study abroad but they claim they don't have enough to support me. I tried to see some obviously rich family friends who also claim they don't have as well.
I can't bear dying With this unhapiness. I'm even tired of motivating myself always. Whenever I go out, every one stare at me, some mock while others pity me(I don't like people pitying me). There are so many opportunities I missed while in school. I was very intelligent but my school can't send me out for competition because of this same reason.I don't have friends because no one wants to be seen with me. The worst part is my family who had done this to me also make jest of me. Am mostly indoor due to shame. I have no good memory of my teenage years because it was really boring and lonely. I've been in 2 relationships where the guys end up telling me they've been using me whenever I refuse to have sex with them. Now am afraid I may end up marrying someone I don't love. I really need to put an end to this shame.
If you are in my shoes what will you do? How willl you raise the money to study abroad?
Note: I'm not here to beg for money. I need realistic advise from everyone. Thanks

Your main post which talked mostly on how your tribal marks has affected your self esteem,your school even refused you to go represent them outside the school because of tribal marks. Your folks that gave your the marks even mock you,you even considered plastic surgery sometime or is there something i'm not getting here?

Successjoy:
thanks. Its not self pity maa'm. I'm not suffering from low esteem. You are not in my shoe so you may not understand.
All I need is idea to raise the fee.admission application starts by December

Now how is tribal mark related to raising money for admission?

If all you needed was advice on how to raise money for school stuff,you should have sticked to that rather than explain how tribal marks has hindered your happiness in life.

You can only raise money by working so go search for something to do,unless you want familylanders to help you raise money.

10 Likes

Re: . by Atk1nson(m): 8:57am On Nov 02, 2016
I never knew people could get depressed over tribal marks, I doubt yours could be as pronounced as the ones I see in Ibadan and these people are happy and pursuing their dreams.

The stigma you feel is probably based on your impression of yourself, especially if you are still a teenager. Yes some may jest, but it will only count if you allow it to count. Traveling abroad or not, you should first learn to be at peace with yourself and don't let peoples impression of your look depress you.

Some many politicians with tribal marks and they are big guys controlling people, because they never gave a damn of how people perceived their looks. I don't mind having as many tribal marks as required if I can have the amount of power the likes of Adedibu had in Ibadan. If you don't like my look, that is your headache, close your eyes.

Except you want to be a model, I don't see why you are so bothered about looks. They very fact that guys are making pass at you means a lot of them will not mind. And even at that, there is also this senegalese model that is making waves, she is dark as charcoal and rather than sulk or look to bleach, she is doing fine by just appreciating herself and making her money.

You're problem is internal dear, you need to overcome you deep concern for how people perceive your looks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Acidosis(m): 8:59am On Nov 02, 2016
You have a long way to go...

1. Your plan is to raise money for study (4 Years)?

2. Graduate in about 5 Years, and apply for jobs?

3. Save your salary and invest it on plastic surgery?

Madam, do you know the journey from Step 1 to 3 is about 10 Years (with the assumption that you'll get a great job during or on completion of your study)?

If you can endure the so called "shame" for another 10 Years, then you need no plastic surgery. The implication also is that you intend to wait for 10 years before you get married.
You've been in 2 relationships already so I won't call you a teenager.

Do not complicate your life more than you've already perceived in your mind.

4 Likes

Re: . by hemansworl(m): 9:13am On Nov 02, 2016
If you ask me, I think the idea of undergoing a plastic surgery shows that you have this inner feel of inferiority complex which you'll never admit. The only person holding you back is YOU! If you really want to find the way forward then don't hold on to anything.
Successjoy:
I got the courage to post this here as a result of the useful advise that was given on maaamaaa thread and I can feel how happy she is right now.
Well, I am the first child of my parents and as a result of this, I was baptised with tribal marks on my face which has been my only source of sadness. Some years back, I found out I can correct with plastic surgery. I thought the fee is expensive and the only way to raise that is through studying and working abroad until the fee is raised. I told my parents about my plans to study abroad but they claim they don't have enough to support me. I tried to see some obviously rich family friends who also claim they don't have as well.
I can't bear dying With this unhapiness. I'm even tired of motivating myself always. Whenever I go out, every one stare at me, some mock while others pity me(I don't like people pitying me). There are so many opportunities I missed while in school. I was very intelligent but my school can't send me out for competition because of this same reason.I don't have friends because no one wants to be seen with me. The worst part is my family who had done this to me also make jest of me. Am mostly indoor due to shame. I have no good memory of my teenage years because it was really boring and lonely. I've been in 2 relationships where the guys end up telling me they've been using me whenever I refuse to have sex with them. Now am afraid I may end up marrying someone I don't love. I really need to put an end to this shame.
If you are in my shoes what will you do? How willl you raise the money to study abroad?
Note: I'm not here to beg for money. I need realistic advise from everyone. Thanks

1 Like

Re: . by Viking007(m): 9:17am On Nov 02, 2016
Successjoy:
All I need is idea to raise the fee.admission application starts by December. Thanks once again
Its very simple. Get a job & start saving.

1 Like

Re: . by Atk1nson(m): 9:19am On Nov 02, 2016
Successjoy:

You should try Education/Travel sections, family section isn't the place for this
Re: . by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 02, 2016
All because of Tribal Marks? undecided

It may sound impossible, but don't pay attention to what people say about you. To me, as long as you're not feeding me, clothing me, putting a roof over my head, or shagging me, I really don't give a rat's ass what you think of me.

Who cares if you have tribal marks? Why should you let that determine how happy you should be? What of people who have no sight, or who have no legs and hands? There's more to life that mere physical appearance, you know. At the end of it all, we would all end up 6 feet under.

If you don't see anything valuable about yourself, no one else will.

Cheers! smiley

1 Like

Re: . by ojun50(m): 9:29am On Nov 02, 2016
My only best advice is to use fire nd melt tribal marks on yr face
Re: . by Bibitayo2: 10:05am On Nov 02, 2016
If you don't mind me asking, what type of tribal marks are we talking about?.... because I have a cousin that has these four marks on each side of her face and she's doing great (Married with two kids) and she's also a teacher.

It was your post that even reminded me of her tribal marks ...... it's given that when people see you for the first time they notice the marks, but after that i think it's all in your head.

1 Like

Re: . by AWONEYAN(m): 10:45am On Nov 02, 2016
carammel:

You have said it all!

1 Like

Re: . by 5minsmadness: 10:50am On Nov 02, 2016
carammel:

Finish
Complete
The end
Thread closed.

1 Like

Re: . by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:19am On Nov 02, 2016
Re: . by 5minsmadness: 11:25am On Nov 02, 2016
LadyMercedes:
All because of Tribal Marks? undecided

[s]It may sound impossible, but don't pay attention to what people say about you[/s]. [size=15pt]To me, as long as you're not[/size] [s]feeding me, clothing me, putting a roof over my head, [/s]or [size=15pt]shagging me, I really don't give a rat's ass what you think of me.[/size]

[s]Who cares if you have tribal marks? Why should you let that determine how happy you should be? What of people who have no sight, or who have no legs and hands? There's more to life that mere physical appearance, you know. At the end of it all, we would all end up 6 feet under.[/s]

If you don't see anything valuable about yourself, no one else will.

Cheers! smiley

Sorry, sorry, just learning how to change font size and cancel text. Got it...got it! Thanks cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by thorpido(m): 11:33am On Nov 02, 2016
Successjoy,it's all in your head.Deal with it and you have conquered it.It's a self-esteem issue.

Do you know the man called Richard Akinjide?Get his pic and look at his face.He is a successful man.

*It's even your birthday today.Happy birthday.

3 Likes

Re: . by thorpido(m): 11:40am On Nov 02, 2016
5minsmadness:

Sorry, sorry, just learning how to change font size and cancel text. Got it...got it! Thanks cheesy
Lol
Re: . by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 02, 2016
Nnem biko when you're going, carry me along.
I wanna do booty enlargement, last time I checked_ it was 42inches. I have a target...48-50inches. sad

Some people no get leg, hands, terrible health conditions... your own na tribal marks.
This life na wa!

I understand you sha, some of us would tell you not to bother but we know how we freak out when we see just one pimple on our face.
Since you can't do anything about it easily, just get hold of yourself and be thankful for life.

I'm serious about the booty enlargment sha. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
5minsmadness:

cheesy cheesy You're a mad man
Re: . by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2016

5 Likes

Re: . by kayzat: 1:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
Successjoy:

All because of tribal mark? That mark will have little or nothing to do with your future.

My Dad is somewhere enjoying the life of his head with his very tick abaja now. he was a successful custom officer and served in all the 6 regions of this country , attended trainings in overseas , retired into politics and one of the best local government chairmen to have govern our LG, well loved by his people , married to 4 wives even with those thick marks on his cheeks.

One of my sister's was given that same marks though a bit tiny than our Popsy's own but she's happily married and a professional in her field. Its my grandma that even stopped them from giving me my own share of the marks then .

Just be yourself, maintain good conduct and think less of the marks on your cheeks.

3 Likes

Re: . by eyinjuege: 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
Try and check for scholarships.
Re: . by Winneygirl(f): 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
Erm... Can we see the tribal marks?
Just kidding.
Who you are is far more important than what you look like.
Improve yourself from the inside. The outside will take care of itself.
A lot of females go through this stage. There's always a part of you you feel not too confident of.
Women complain of small βooβs, big βooβs, being an albino, being too dark, bow leg, K-leg, too much body hair, receding hairline, funny looking nails, bad dentition, big lips, being too fat, pimples for life etc...
If it wasn't tribal marks, it'll be something else.
But you will overcome this feeling , and you will learn to accept yourself for who you are.

1 Like

Re: . by raumdeuter: 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
PaperLace:
Nnem biko when you're going, carry me along.
I wanna do booty enlargement, last time I checked_ it was 42inches. I have a target...48-50inches. sad

Some people no get leg, hands, terrible health conditions... your own na tribal marks.
This life na wa!

I understand you sha, some of us would tell you not to bother but we know how we freak out when we see just one pimple on our face.
Since you can't do anything about it easily, just get hold of yourself and be thankful for life.

I'm serious about the booty enlargment sha. embarassed

Pictures or I dont believe it
Re: . by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2016
Successjoy,

if you are able to raise the money, I will be the last person to tell you not to do the surgery but I want you to know one thing:
One of the most beautiful people I know has tribal marks and they have in no way hindered the person from finding love.

I know that in the age of artificial beauty and photoshopped pictures which are supposed to make people look 'flawless', you want to have smooth skin too but you know what? Many people - due to media influence - have a fvcked up sense of beauty like some people have a damaged sense of taste due to foods with a high concentration of sugar or flavor enhancers.

It took me a long time to be confident enough to go against the mainstream but once I was able to, I was finding more people who were reasoning like me and it has been a beautiful experience. Today I find pleasure in being different and find it odd that so many try to live a fake life in so many different ways. What a life! What stress! Vanity and shallowness when in fact everyone looks for true love.

Something tells me that I would love the way you look as I am disgusted by all these 'flawless' but fake complexion pictures. Ridiculous and pathetic. And I am sure there are men and women out there who think alike. They may be few but those are very special. wink

'I'd be rather hated for who I am than loved for who I am not' (Kurt Cobain)

4 Likes

Re: . by Mimzyy(f): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
Op you are very funny. Seriously?? Cos of tribal marks? Common, take a look at my dp and tell me what you see. A beautiful African MIMZY with TRIBAL MARKS. It hasn't lowered my morale or killed my self esteem in any way. I think it's all about you, what you feel on the inside. You cannot give or receive what you don't have. If you want to change how people perceive you, then start from within. It's all about you my dear. Some guys self dey fear to 'toast' me. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by sisisioge: 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
Babes, I think I understand how you feel...Pele.

Are yours the huge lines across the cheeks or the docile straight lines our beautiful Muslim sisters wear alot? I think those two dark vertical lines look nice of yellow girls...I swear.

Anyways, I suggest you get out more, get a job and generally work on yourself. Who notices the marks on a posh confident woman? All you need is to get out more...let people see them until they stop seeing them. Even you will forget you have them.

So babes, get out more, wear some lovely dresses, let you hair down and put on some lipsticks! No look face!

3 Likes

Re: . by Mimzyy(f): 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
sisisioge:
Babes, I think I understand how you feel...Pele.

Are yours the huge lines across the cheeks or the docile straight lines our beautiful Muslim sisters wear alot? I think those two dark vertical lines look nice of yellow girls...I swear.

Anyways, I suggest you get out more, get a job and generally work on yourself. Who notices the marks on a posh confident woman? All you need is to get out more...let people see them until they stop seeing them. Even you will forget you have them.

So babes, get out more, wear some lovely dresses, let you hair down and put on some lipsticks! No look face!
mawoju uche!!! cheesy
Re: . by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
Funny, i actually like babes with tribal mark. They seem more sexually appealing in an African way.

Like am in the sixties having a natural woman without any 21st century add-on beauty.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
raumdeuter:

Pictures or I dont believe it

pictures of the target booty or the owned?

I just need contacts/funds mbok. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Still Confesses Love To His Ex-girlfriend / Every Thing Must Go For 350k!!! Family Is Relocating / Official Family Section Poster Of The Year 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.