Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? (2199 Views)

5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say / Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches / Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by sholasys: 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2009
What is wrong with Nigerian football commentators?. Obviously from all recent matches played, the 2010 world cup qualifying series, Under 20 World cup and the on going under 17 world cup commentaries is nothing but rubbish even years past.

They lack that quality commentary and its flavours. They don’t add value to a match you are watching on TV except making it boring and uninteresting, makes a lot of mistakes and often repetition. They lack this football analytical instinct and football proficiency, football grammars like “offensives, far side, what an incisive display from messi, moving along the touch line now, what a delightful cross there from Alonso etc “ with exclamation expressions which makes it to be fun. What pains me most is the fact that they cant even analyses their own player’s profile and sharp identification of their names on current match playing

Yesterday’s commentator of Nigerian VS Honduras was nothing to talk about. Pls my fellow NLders what is your opinion and suggestion on this ? I think they need to come of age and doing what is right. This cant be compared with what we see in diff part of europe and America.
Re: Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by buffead(f): 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2009
lool they need to go for sme training seriously , u wey dey watch da match sef u would be feeling sleepy , to tell u how boring dem dey comment ,
Re: Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by vwvw(m): 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2009
cheesy cheesy cheesy me i dey kill the sound and then play ERNEST OKONKWO'S old commentaries. it's better than live.AIT and NTA dey kill me with grammer.eg A BLASTER NO 10 SHIRTED JERSEY, LOOOOOOOOOL. HE BALOONS THE BALL, NO CAUSE FOR ALARM, LOOOOOOOOOOL
Re: Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by sholasys: 9:22pm On Oct 29, 2009
They need serious training and exposure, most be talented, able to read and analyse "play by play" football match and follow football trend to the later. I hate it when i hear "Ladies and Gentlemen, " from them
Re: Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by rasputinn(m): 10:06pm On Oct 30, 2009
sholasys:

They need serious training and exposure, most be talented, able to read and analyse "play by play" football match and follow football trend to the later. I hate it when i hear "Ladies and Gentlemen, " from them

vwvw:

cheesy cheesy cheesy me i dey kill the sound and then play ERNEST OKONKWO'S old commentaries. it's better than live.AIT and NTA dey kill me with grammer.eg A BLASTER NO 10 SHIRTED JERSEY, LOOOOOOOOOL. HE BALOONS THE BALL, NO CAUSE FOR ALARM, LOOOOOOOOOOL

So finally somebody has started a thread to discuss those village unexposed commentators,those guys no tap at all.God help you if there's a match that's being aired only on NTA or AIT,you'll get nauseated by their wack commentaries,if that happens and you must watch the match,just put to TV on mute for the duration of the match
Re: Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by vikiviko(m): 10:17pm On Nov 03, 2009
FRCN use to have good Radio commentators don't know what has happened in recent past.

Commentating live soccer matches needs training and the flair must be there.

I am a good commentator, get me contract and test my abilities

Some years ago i was at Brila FM for an auditioning on sport broadcasting i had no chance at all , the crowd was so much.
Re: Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by asscend: 11:20pm On Nov 06, 2009
The same folks that were commenting in 1980 are still doing it without improving themselves tru training. Look at Andy Gray of sky sports, do you know how many training courses he has attended in the last 10years? in the UK, most commentators and sports Analyst go for training every year in the summer to update and keep abreast of the latest industry technology. The fact of the matter is that NTA will not release enough money for these guys to go for proper courses. Na quack ones dem they go.
Re: Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by pcicero(m): 1:17am On Nov 08, 2009
@poster
You meant "their" and not "there"?
Re: Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by kuntash: 8:12pm On Nov 08, 2009
@ poster, wat do u expect ,

two things here, they are watching the game just like u , so divided attention

also the issue of english as default language used for d commentary.

perhaps if u allow them speak their mother tongue, or broken english. grin grin, it would sound more interesting
Re: Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by dominique(f): 9:36pm On Nov 08, 2009
those commentaries are always bland and lame. they dont even know the name of some of the players. imagine saying "no. 10 player from switzerland" wtf its just 22 names not rocket science. and the worst part is how they do it with such bias. they need to go back to commentary school (if such exists)
Re: Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by FBS: 8:35am On Nov 09, 2009
kuntash:

@ poster, wat do u expect ,

two things here, they are watching the game just like u , so divided attention

also the issue of english as default language used for d commentary.

perhaps if u allow them speak their mother tongue, or broken english. grin grin, it would sound more interesting
You just nailed it and that is the main problem.
They should switch to pidgin english. . .ol'boy that will be comedy all around.  grin  grin

Whatever happened to FRCN. . .radio commentaries can make your heart stop. Very entertaining.
Re: Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 09, 2009
I really tire oh, its beyond annoying, its irritating, I wanna reach out and choke somebody
Re: Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by Sagamite(m): 1:44am On Nov 10, 2009
Don't get me started on these set of morons. grin
Re: Nigerian Football Commentators, What Is There Problem ? by FBS: 8:18am On Nov 10, 2009
Be our guest bros. . .get started abeg.

(1) (Reply)

10 Differences Between Ronaldo And Messi / Check Out This Letter Arsenal Received From A Nigerian Fan After Leicester Win. / A Picture From The Past That Suggests Dabbing Originated From Chelsea Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.