Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,655 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria (76986 Views)

FG Approves 6 New Federal Colleges Of Education / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / 4 New Universities To Be Established In Nigeria - Education Minister Announces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by yanabasee(m): 7:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ephemmm:

And how did approval of Private Universities prevents FG/SG from revamping public ones? This is just about licensing of existing private universities and nothing more.

Get it right.

What do you know?

FG that patronises Private varsities have little or no interest on revamping FG varsities... Go and make enquiry!
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by asha80(m): 7:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
eduj:

Clifford university is in isialangwa north Abia state. it's the second university operated by seventh day Adventist church in Nigeria. it's located on where used to be "Abia state senior science school ihie".When the school was handed back to the church by the state government, it's was decided that it's enormous Lands would be best suited to host a university.
so what happens to the secondary school handed back? Closed down?
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by GLOBALINF: 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
THAT IS WHY I PREFER YOU STUDY ABROAD....... read my signature. lipsrsealed
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
Stelvin101:
Graduates are flooding the labor market every year, BSc/HNd Graduates have been reduced to Sales boys and girls in Labor market, Keke riders, Online sport betting gamblers, MMM Freaks, GNLD Marketers and so many other useless and odd jobs. Yet Federal government wants to build more Universities when they cannot provide jobs for the number of graduates being produce by already existing universities. God what crime dis we commit that our Government does not know its left from right. Those of y'all quoting me, Govt approving new ones is also same thing as building and what we Nigerians needs is jobs creation, job approval and not additional universities to an already dying System cry

FTC twice in a week. Am really getting good at this. Dedicated to all MMM Freaks. I dreamt last night it crash and there were high BP and chaos everywhere grin
Will these approved universities not employ people, abi na animals wan work for the universities.
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by guysis(m): 7:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
Clone2020:
They should be opening technical and vocational schools that teach people craftsmanship and hand work not all these glorified university graduates who can't find a white collar Job.
I weep for the Federal Republic of Nigeria.We need às much technical/vocational schools as possible against universities for now! Infact people that will create jobs rather than looking for one.
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by clevadani: 7:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
Aliyu333:
saying far north would have been better placed. Kwara is North central.
Bros, seems like u missed 'core' in my statement.
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 8:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
clevadani:
Nice
Why's there none in the core North? Seems they do not care about their illiteracy problem.

Rearing of cattle in the North is Tertiary Education. You graduate when you kill and maim innocent people

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by Ismaheelben(m): 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
nigconnect:

Bro, do you know Nigerian Universities can only admit less than 30% of admission seekers that means about 70% of them roam the streets . Nigeria's problems are interwoven, Solve one another arises.... God help Nigeria.

is not better if those yrs waste in sch rather than be use for other mean stuff
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by steeltu(m): 8:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
iyatrustee:

They are all privately owned universities bro hence, your submissions are not exactly true.

I just dey imagine all these nonsense. Why can't dey just push these money mongers into Govt. owned school so as to provide more better products, or instead of they approving schools why not some good commercial venture which can boost the economy while employing the graduates on the street? Lack of direction.
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 02, 2016
asha80:
so what happens to the secondary school handed back? Closed down?
the church has a secondary school at owerrinta (abstec) opposite the navy school which is less than 20 minutes drive from Clifford,it made no sense maintaining 2 very large Secondary schools in close proximity. The university would go a long way in developing Isialangwa north.
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by reminize: 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
Very soon we will see any kemi university
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by Kenjang(f): 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2016
i laff in my dilect.... plz FG giv us facilities first ooo... b4 u start ur project... ehhh remember u ar still owin sum lecturers arrear[color=#000000][/color]
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by asha80(m): 9:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
eduj:

the church has a secondary school at owerrinta (abstec) opposite the navy school which is less than 20 minutes drive from Clifford,it made no sense maintaining 2 very large Secondary schools in close proximity. The university would go a long way in developing Isialangwa north.
well they are lucky that the handover back to the churches had been gazetted by the previous administration otherwise this present govt could probably not have agreed to this arrangement thereby taking the ihie school back

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by HustlerBlog: 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
Stelvin101:
Graduates are flooding the labor market every year, BSc/HNd Graduates have been reduced to Sales boys and girls in Labor market, Keke riders, Online sport betting gamblers, MMM Freaks, GNLD Marketers and so many other useless and odd jobs. Yet Federal government wants to build more Universities when they cannot provide jobs for the number of graduates being produce by already existing universities. God what crime dis we commit that our Government does not know its left from right. Those of y'all quoting me, Govt approving new ones is also same thing as building and what we Nigerians needs is jobs creation, job approval and not additional universities to an already dying System cry

FTC twice in a week. Am really getting good at this. Dedicated to all MMM Freaks. I dreamt last night it crash and there were high BP and chaos everywhere grin

Haba!!! I guess you just jumped into conclusion without reading the content. None of these universities belong to either the FG or state government. They are all private universities. Please take it easy with yourself.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by joinnow: 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
So none from the far North undecided o di egwu!
Any way, the prefer Islamic school to conventional University embarassed[/quote]
Make the hausa first finish from the almajiri school uncle Joe build now

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by freshcvvs: 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
Stelvin101:

You and all that liked your post cant read nor comprehend.

una need to be re-schooled. where did you see FG building any new school?

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by cyber5(m): 10:08pm On Nov 02, 2016
Anchor
University, Ayobo, Lagos;

Like seriously, it does not take me 1hour to get to Ayobo but heck who wants to attend a deeper life school.

And don't be surprised if you wake up one day and hear that MMM has established a university.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by MagicDre(m): 10:09pm On Nov 02, 2016
No northern state has a new university but hell is not let loose, but if it where to be political appointments with no name from their side, our brothers across the river Niger would be masturbating all over the place

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by Echelle(m): 10:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
Scream:

do you know how many jobs they have created by approving the universities? Opportunity for you to gain admission and increase your knowledge and think properly, you are there castigating the FG.
you are just sounding as if its one lecturer per student
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by Taryur3(m): 12:10am On Nov 03, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
Anchor University, Ayobo,- Deeperlife finally got their University.
All na business...poor boy like you can't go there if u like be the chief worker in the mega church

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by Chosen2375: 1:15am On Nov 03, 2016
Guys, let me ask you a question. Has it ever occurred to you that some individuals in our politics sing the National Anthem of our beloved country in the direct opposite of each stanza? To really see if am making senses, though you may not want to do this being a good patriot, but try and pencil it down i.e each stanza in their direct opposite version, then you will realize that this is the song most of our politicians use to sing. They are the type of hunter that after shooting a gun in a direction, absentmindedly asked, what type of animal is in that direction? They have no target, they are product of fantasy, reality is far from them. They have long forgotten that reality lay in the past, and it constantly swims in the current ocean, it is the living breath of tomorrow.
Their political curriculum is more school, no work! More graduates, no employment. Do they really consult the people that elect them into the office before embarking any social project? l mean judging the priorities?
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by olaodun: 5:10am On Nov 03, 2016
Actually we need more universities in Nigeria, but all stakeholders must ensure the children of the poor people can afford private universities and also the issue of problem solving education that will create jobs and not ordinary theories which will turn out graduates who cannot do any practical things should be seriously addressed

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by Carter4luv(m): 8:39am On Nov 03, 2016
They've not manage d old universities and the students more are still coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by Ephemmm: 9:03am On Nov 03, 2016
yanabasee:

[s]What do you know?

FG that patronises Private varsities have little or no interest on revamping FG varsities... Go and make enquiry!
[/s]

You claim you know more and you could not explain how the approval of Private Universities prevents FG/SG from revamping public ones: are you an educated illiterate?

Is FG building structures for them, paying their workers' salaries or providing equipment for them? It seems you lack basic understanding of the word 'private'. In fact, licensing them to operate is another source of revenue to government.

Grow up please.
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by Okoriennamnso(m): 10:56am On Nov 03, 2016
A victory for righteousness :Anchor University (Deeper Life University) is now approved by the Federal Government. Thank God

1 Like

Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by Collins0609(m): 11:34am On Nov 03, 2016
My sister started there too when its Atlantic International University,she grade sha,but i dont know if they will give certificate to old student
zubby55:
O boy I knw that legacy university .....it's former Aiu but now owned by igwe okija ....we started the school with one stupid abakaliki man
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 11:53am On Nov 03, 2016
Not until one goes to a Nigerian uni dt he's able to think properly. Our uni edu isn't address d country's problems. It only produces yearly more lazy bones. Governmt shld stop uni admissn for 3yrs or change curriculum entirely to encourage massive production of consumer goods & services. My opinion!
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by metallisc(m): 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
iyatrustee:

They are all privately owned universities bro hence, your submissions are not exactly true.

this beautifully endowed woman cheesy you are making sense! cool cool
Re: FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria by apatheticme(f): 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2016
Stelvin101:

Don't forget that the newly created institutions will also employ staff ranging from skilled to semi skilled to unskilled thereby creating employment. It's also a way of employing people in the immediate areas and easing unemployment even if it is cleaners, gardeners, security, porters, office staff etc. More bank branches will open in the school, more bank jobs and so on and so forth. So whichever way u look at it, it's Still a plus to society, not forgetting myriads of masters or PhD holders that will be employed as lecturers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Name Is OR My Names Are,which Is Grammatically Correct? / Federal Poly Nekede, Owerri, Admission List Out! / Success Adegor Rocks Her New School Bag From A Charity Organization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.